Girl Robin Costume

General discussions about superheroines!
SHL
Producer
Producer

Girl Robin costume in the works, trying to make a better belt. Maybe replace the boots with something of better quality. Thought I share it and get some opinons, critique, etc.

UPDATE:

Costume updated, some preview pictures linked. Hope people like the new boots, they were the best thing I could find short of ordering 250 dollar custom boots.
Attachments
RobinMissy.jpg
RobinMissy.jpg (531.5 KiB) Viewed 10197 times
Last edited by SHL 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Very good!! :)

Maybe get some lace up ankle boots? I always thought this version would look good with knee highs as well, can always get a cheaper pair of white ones and paint them to match if need be!

Love the costume so far, especially the tunic and cape! Are you making a Robin video?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Costume looks good and so does she!
Whilst those boots are authentic, I always thought Robins boots looked crap in the tv series.
I love thigh highs, but maybe a green version of the purple ones Cali wears as her Batgirl character might work better. Maybe you could experiment with photo manips to see which length / style seems to suit the costume better
Good effort
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
DevilMan38
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Very nice!

I actually like those style of boots; they show off more leg than knee or thigh high ones, plus they're more authentic.
Love your rage, not your cage
gracevonsheer
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

nice! i think it looks great.
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

Looks great. I like those boots just fine.
As knotty as I wanna be! http://www.clips4sale.com/store/10033
djhooker85
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I love the uniform. One thing I have always wanted producers to do is try and get a mask with white lenses in it, especially on a domino mask to further conceal the heroine's identity. Kind of like you see with heroines and heroes in animated series like Batman. If there was a way you could get lenses put onto that mask for the outfit I think it would be outstanding.

Either way, I like it and look forward to seeing a future video.
djhooker85
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Oh and Damian,

For some reason I think Candle Boxx would be a perfect Robin in that costume. It just seems to be a good fit.
lycan69
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Are those green spandex briefs or a full leotard worn underneath the tunic?
I'm a fan of the leotards :)
SHL
Producer
Producer

@RedMountain I might be making one, still trying to figure that out.

@djhooker85 I will try and play with lenses, see if I can come up with anything that looks good in video.

@lycan69 It's a full leotard. :D
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

Looking at it, for once gogo boots would actually suit perfectly. Retro boots for a retro costume.

Some Green gogo's would work perfectly IMO - and I'm pretty sure they do the exact colour you'd be after to suit the costume too.

Have to admit though, not loving the gloves - some tighter fitting ones'd work much better.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Sorry,but I need to see a picture of her (from behind)being carried ots :) Knock her out in all the ways Robin was and thatrs a video I would want.
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

damienwoods wrote:@djhooker85 I will try and play with lenses, see if I can come up with anything that looks good in video.
You could put some white mesh or white panty hose type material on the back of the mask covering the eye openings. That's pretty much what they use on the zentai Spider-Woman costumes. It can be a little hard for the model to see unless it's a really well lit set though.
As knotty as I wanna be! http://www.clips4sale.com/store/10033
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

I like the costume, It is VERY VERY good. I would not change a thing.
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots! go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!
truedefiance
Producer
Producer

I think the costume is great, however the shoes look a little like they may not hold up in a fight ;P
djhooker85
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

[quote="knottyguy"][quote="damienwoods"]@djhooker85 I will try and play with lenses, see if I can come up with anything that looks good in video. [/quote]

You could put some white mesh or white panty hose type material on the back of the mask covering the eye openings. That's pretty much what they use on the zentai Spider-Woman costumes. It can be a little hard for the model to see unless it's a really well lit set though.[/quote]

Yeah, I always assumed being able to see was the main reason producers never used lenses in any of the masks and cowls for their superheroine content.

Never did understand how Spidey or Spiderwoman could see through those lenses in the comics :wink:
mask hunter
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I think it is perfect!! gives that camp feel with the boots as is. Great costume, cant wait to see her in 1966 Batman tv show type traps!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Trouble with lenses they obscure the reactions in the actress/model's eyes to the threat of danger etc.
That can make some of the peril situations a bit sterile

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

I hope this does make it into a video somehow! I know there are a lot of Female Robin fans out there who would love to see the Girl Wonder in peril and the problem is most f the producers who do a version of it use the cheap crappy Robin Halloween costume, a more authentic version for videos would be amazing! :)
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I kinda like the storebought costume because of the ridiculously low neckline and the fact that the material really accentuates certain...large attributes.

The costume above looks great and authentic...but not really sexy, IMO.

On a similar topic, I would LOVE to see a female nightwing costume with a low neckline.
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

Maybe it's me, but I can't stand the shoes. I really hate them. They're totally not sexy. Heck, the whole Robin outfit doesn't look sexy imo.

Like said above, it's nice that it's authentic but that's all there is to it.
SHL
Producer
Producer

Blx wrote:Maybe it's me, but I can't stand the shoes. I really hate them. They're totally not sexy. Heck, the whole Robin outfit doesn't look sexy imo.

If you don't like Robin as a heroine I am afraid this thread isn't for you. Unless you mean to say you don't like authentic Robin. In that case, I have no intention of creating a second Robin costume that would be considered "sexy".
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Excellent. My only small gripes are the flimsy boots and the loose gloves which look like they're made for gardening. (Only really appropriate if Robin is fighting Poison Ivy.)
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

damienwoods wrote:
Blx wrote:Maybe it's me, but I can't stand the shoes. I really hate them. They're totally not sexy. Heck, the whole Robin outfit doesn't look sexy imo.

If you don't like Robin as a heroine I am afraid this thread isn't for you. Unless you mean to say you don't like authentic Robin. In that case, I have no intention of creating a second Robin costume that would be considered "sexy".
It's not that he doesn't like her as a heroine. Like myself, he believes that this costume just isn't sexy. I don't think it's sexy at all. And Damien, telling anybody that a particular thread isn't for them is kinda disrespectful, when you are the one asking for opinions on the costume. He gave his, I gave mine.

I'll tell you straight out, I won't buy a heroine video if the costume isn't sexy. Sexy is kind of the purpose. IMO, this costume makes her look like a boy. But once again, thaty's my opinion. You've already made it clear that if somebody disagrees with your ideas, that "this isn't the thread for them".
SHL
Producer
Producer

ranger87 wrote: It's not that he doesn't like her as a heroine. Like myself, he believes that this costume just isn't sexy. I don't think it's sexy at all. And Damien, telling anybody that a particular thread isn't for them is kinda disrespectful, when you are the one asking for opinions on the costume. He gave his, I gave mine.

I'll tell you straight out, I won't buy a heroine video if the costume isn't sexy. Sexy is kind of the purpose. IMO, this costume makes her look like a boy. But once again, thaty's my opinion. You've already made it clear that if somebody disagrees with your ideas, that "this isn't the thread for them".
I understand why you think my comment was rude. But I would figure it is obvious that I was aiming for a replica of the original costume. I want feedback as how to perfect this specific costume I am working on, not someone suggesting that creating a authentic robin costume is somehow not on the radar of things to create.

When I first read the costume I thought it sounded like they had no interest in Robin as a heroine, in which case I figured why would someone even post on a thread about adjusting her costume.

Honestly, I am on this forum a lot, and I wasn't interest in this becoming one of those "pantyhose/no pantyhose" debates. I would like to hear peoples feedback on this costume, not argue wether or not I could ever make a costume that was made for a boy look more girlish. I can totally understand why many people could never find the authentic costume sexy.

In short, I think it was a failure on my part maybe in not being more specific in my original post. But I want feedback on how to perfect my "authentic" costume, not wether or not I should start all over.
SHL
Producer
Producer

ranger87 wrote:I kinda like the storebought costume because of the ridiculously low neckline and the fact that the material really accentuates certain...large attributes.

The costume above looks great and authentic...but not really sexy, IMO.

On a similar topic, I would LOVE to see a female nightwing costume with a low neckline.
In the future if I have a specific model in mind maybe I will have a custom fit costume made for a nightwing outfit with a lower neckline. If you see anything like it, PM me or post it to this thread.
SHL
Producer
Producer

@swampy170 I will try and work on some tighter fitting gloves. I wasn't to happy with them either.

@richpartist That's the plan. I hope to eventually make a video of similar scenarios to the show. Taken farther obviously.

@knottyguy I have seen a couple techniques used. In general I want everything to look as good as it can, otherwise I probably do without it.

@superheroinebabes Thanks :D The original belt wasn't that great. I think I can make the boots and belt better. Well see.

@truedefiance They honestly probably wouldn't.

@djhooker85 I kind of always figured people loved seeing the girls eyes, hence why they haven't covered them up. I can see it killing some of the reaction to certain situations.

@mask hunter Yes, I will eventually need to get recommendations on certain traps to try out.

@RedMountain I have been craving an authentic version too, I eventually figured why not do it myself instead of wishing.

@Heroine Addict Those are two of my biggest problems too. Gloves can be very tricky to find/make. I found a really cool place that makes pro Robin boots, but they are in the 300 dollar range. Yikes.
SHL
Producer
Producer

Hey Blx, sorry my asshole comment. It was late. Etc. Etc. Hopefully you weren't too insulted.
ltrltr
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Looks great to me.
sign4deaf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

LOVE IT!!! And I'm probably the biggest female Robin fan around. Love the matte tights and also the authentic shoes. I hope while filming the model will wear the cape more just down her back and not over the shoulders. Also I'd love to see a Robin with more of a tomboy-short haircut.

Whatever project this is used in, it's a sure buy from me. Great work!!
Can't move... This device... holding me by my... sheer tights... has me powerless!
SHL
Producer
Producer

sign4deaf wrote:LOVE IT!!! And I'm probably the biggest female Robin fan around. Love the matte tights and also the authentic shoes. I hope while filming the model will wear the cape more just down her back and not over the shoulders. Also I'd love to see a Robin with more of a tomboy-short haircut.

Whatever project this is used in, it's a sure buy from me. Great work!!
I was considering shaving some of the cape down so it hung more down the back.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Gotta see her in the Milk Machine trap-"Oh,knock out gas" and laying on a table with the riddler over her spraying gas into her face,all those classic ko's that we "enjoyed" with Robin,will be even better with a female Robin.And of course the ots carries is a must for me personally and why not a forced orgasm as well :)
SHL
Producer
Producer

Richpartist wrote:Gotta see her in the Milk Machine trap-"Oh,knock out gas" and laying on a table with the riddler over her spraying gas into her face,all those classic ko's that we "enjoyed" with Robin,will be even better with a female Robin.And of course the ots carries is a must for me personally and why not a forced orgasm as well :)
Can you youtube link me to the Milk Machine trap? I always liked playing with the idea of Robin caught by Riddler, with that vice around Robin's head.
gracevonsheer
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

i think the boots are perfect....maybe reflect a bit of vulnerability....stilleto boots would present Robin as too overtly sexy, controlling....?imho
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

damienwoods wrote:

Hey Blx, sorry my asshole comment. It was late. Etc. Etc. Hopefully you weren't too insulted.
No problem man.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

damienwoods wrote:
If you went for a hem ending around the hips that could reveal some nice rear shots in a struggle.

SHL
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:
damienwoods wrote:
If you went for a hem ending around the hips that could reveal some nice rear shots in a struggle.
Could you post a photo example of this? I can have my seamstress fix it.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I can't at the moment as I am having trouble copying and pasting url and jpg on my smartphone (keeps freezing, and I am pc less until after Xmas) , but it basically stops at the wrist when the arms are straight at the side and follows around the back roughly halfway between the top of the hips and the bottom of the cheeks.
On Superheroine Underworld, pic no 4 of 'Knightwoman and Robyn vs the Seductress, Sybian Showdown. ' shows the sort of length , but on KWs cape, she's bent forward slightly in the shot but it should give you the idea.

Sorry Damien, just realised how my first post may have read, I just meant a cape length ending around the hips, when I said 'hem around the hips' not anything fancy in sewing speak :?

huphiziah
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

damienwoods wrote:Girl Robin costume in the works, trying to make a better belt. Maybe replace the boots with something of better quality. Thought I share it and get some opinons, critique, etc.
RobinTheBoyWonder
Neophyte
Neophyte

Girl Robins are the hottest! The costume looks great. Would love to see a 1966 fight scene where Robin gets choked unconcious during it!
huphiziah
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

RobinTheBoyWonder wrote:Girl Robins are the hottest! The costume looks great. Would love to see a 1966 fight scene where Robin gets choked unconcious during it!
I think Robin should have always been a female! A hot ass sexy teenaged juno lookin chic!
SHL
Producer
Producer

RobinTheBoyWonder wrote:Girl Robins are the hottest! The costume looks great. Would love to see a 1966 fight scene where Robin gets choked unconcious during it!
I would love to see that too, maybe I will make it into a reality.
huphiziah
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

damienwoods wrote:
I would love to see that too, maybe I will make it into a reality.
I hope u can make it reality, I'd love to see that!
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

The cape seems too large to me. Like to see the rear-end that is not obscured or hidden by a shower curtain hanging around her neck. :-D
huphiziah
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Good point, the cape does need to be shorter!
zaku11
Neophyte
Neophyte

really great job on Robin costume
ttb51m
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

make the leotard a thong cut and shiny nude hose and you have yourself a true WINNER!!!!!!!!!,, nice job all around though athentic and sexy at the same time

great stuff!!!
Pussy_Kat
Neophyte
Neophyte

damienwoods wrote:Girl Robin costume in the works, trying to make a better belt. Maybe replace the boots with something of better quality. Thought I share it and get some opinons, critique, etc.
Very nice, the boots are fabulous. She looks great :D
Meow
sign4deaf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

With all respects to my thong-and-shiny-tights loving friends, I plead with you to stay with the incredibly authentic look you have now. Perfect green leotard, matte tights, I even like the look of the boots. I do agree that the cape needs to be a bit shorter and maybe a touch narrower. (Burt Ward's cape would even come close to wrapping all the way around him.) And a model/actress that has short, dark hair would be perfect.

Can't wait to see more pics and get video details!
Can't move... This device... holding me by my... sheer tights... has me powerless!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

If I may weigh in :) I honestly think the costume looks perfect if you are going for the classic look. No reason why you couldn't have 2 styles, but since you've already sunk the bucks into this one, I have to agree that the cape should be a little shorter but that's easy to fix... Looking forward to what you do with this character!