FIREBIRD #13 (Asian superheroine)

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
ASHTON10
Neophyte
Neophyte

Hello there and welcome back to Firebird. Finally! Sorry for the extreme lateness of this episode and thanks again for continuing to read and take an interest in my comic strip- the Chinese television ghost storyline is just about done and has taken a big turn in this episode regarding Robert and Heather’s involvement. Stay tuned for the conclusion in the next couple of episodes…
-Ashton
*Link for larger version of current episode~ FIREBIRD #12

*Link to all prior episodes on Flickr~
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36664072@N03/?saved=1
*Twitter updates for next Firebird release~
http://twitter.com/FIREBIRDUPDATES
*Firebird Production Journal~
http://howimakefirebird.blogspot.com/
djhooker85
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I really like episode #3 and 4. Please do some more unmasking peril with Firebird!
desaad2
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

nice!
ASHTON10
Neophyte
Neophyte

thanks guys!
and I will definately bring in the 'unmasking peril' situation for Firebird whenever I can. that's the best part of having a masked superheroine (too many of them go w/o masks).
djhooker85
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Glad to hear you will have some more unmasking peril. Hopefully in #14 you will have those two kids subdue her with their new powers and have the little girl unmask her. Then the shock comes in that their friend is actually Firebird!
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The mask you have designed covers exactly the right amount of the heroine's face for her to be both beautiful and mysterious.

Love the near-unmasking in chapters 3 and 4. It's great when this sort of mask is partially removed and the heroine's hair cascades down.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
djhooker85
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

You know technically if you look at where the mask is in the last panel of Firebird #3, everyone there should have discovered her identity. Since her full face would be exposed as the open mouth area gets pulled up and reveals most of her face.

Someone that was on that plane flight should have recognized her :wink:
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

djhooker85 wrote:You know technically if you look at where the mask is in the last panel of Firebird #3, everyone there should have discovered her identity. Since her full face would be exposed as the open mouth area gets pulled up and reveals most of her face.

Someone that was on that plane flight should have recognized her :wink:
I think we'll have to grant ASHTON10 a bit of artistic license on that one. :-D

I do really like the idea of an attempted unmasking that takes the heroine right to the brink and then stops just in time. Particularly if she's wearing a mask that usually obscures her hair and neck.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."