New Catwoman Movie?

General discussions about superheroines!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/1 ... ertainment #Catwoman movie? Oh we need another one? The Halle Berry movie wasn't the be-all end-all you say?

The last time we saw Catwoman grace the silver screen it was, quite frankly, a travesty. But could Anne Hathaway be the woman to finally do justice to the character with a solo movie?

Christopher Nolan certainly seems to think so.

The director had nothing but praise for his Dark Knight Rises star, telling Access Hollywood that her performance in the film is "incredible".

"Anne is incredibly precise and articulate about the psychology of the character," he said. "She's really built it from the ground up, it's just a delight to watch her perform, the things she does in those heels is not to be taken lightly."

And when asked whether Hathaway's Selina Kyle should be given her own film, Nolan enthused: "I certainly think she deserves it, she's incredible."

We're absolutely, positively certain that talks are being held - but whether they come to anything remains to be seen.

Of course, there is the question over whether the actress could handle the physicality of the role a second time round. In a recent interview with Parade, Hathaway told how she spent hours in the gym honing her body to become the perfect Selina Kyle.

"It wasn't just about looking a certain way. I had to learn how to fight. I had to become strong," she said.

"I feel in situations like this - I don't know what other actresses have gone through - but sometimes there's a mandate that comes to you and deals with how you have to look.

"The way I was treated on this movie was, 'Learn how to do what you need to do and then however you look, that's the way the character looks'. And I felt, as a woman, very protected in that way."

Rather her than us.

The Dark Knight Rises, also starring Christian Bale and Tom Hardy, arrives in cinemas on Friday 20th July.

http://geekygirlslovescifi.blogspot.com ... -solo.html
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Based on the trailers and stuff I'm looking forward to seeing AH as Catwoman. I like the costume minus the heels (she a damn catburglar why does she need four inch heels?) and looks like they are sticking with the anti-hero version of her character which I like. If this led to a Catwoman movie with AH I'd be in favor of it.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

"I certainly think she deserves it, she's incredible." Deserve's got nothin' to do with it. There ain't gonna be no Hathaway Catwoman movie. It doesn't make any sense to pluck the character out of that world and put her in another one. And that world is done.

I love the heels. It's not about need -- need wouldn't put her in a skin-tight one-piece made out of a distinctive-from-twenty-yards fabric or a mask that doesn't effectively conceal her identity, either.
huphiziah
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Yo Mh! Who is that hot piece who plays the wonder rookie in ur issue of "Wonder Rookie vs. Black wydow"?
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Michelle Pfeiffer was supposed to do a Catwoman movie after her appearance and that got dragged out so long in production that we got the Halle Berry version. They would have to do in soon or it's going to be handed over to someone else and there will be another disaster.

Halle Berry was supposed to have a James Bond spin off as Jinx and that never happened either.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

huphiziah wrote:Yo Mh! Who is that hot piece who plays the wonder rookie in ur issue of "Wonder Rookie vs. Black wydow"?
Schoolboy error H, says at the start of MH's post its Alyssa Reece in the release notice!
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Unmaskee
Henchman
Henchman

I suppose I'll have to wait and see what Anne's Catwoman is like but I'm not exactly filled with enthusiasm. Don't like her costume much either.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Little petite michelle pfeiffer was purrrfect in her role...wow kinky and caty all at once! Too baf they cant use that suit again
JasonC
Neophyte
Neophyte

I honestly don't know how I feel about this
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The project will probably be killed off by a conflict of interests. I can't see Warner wanting an overlap between Catwoman's continuing adventures in the Nolan universe and the new Batman/Superman/JLA reboot universe.

I believe one of the reasons the 2004 film used the non-DC Patience Phillips instead of Selina Kyle was because Warner wouldn't allow a semi-sequel to Batman Returns to come out so soon before Batman Begins.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I watched Dark Knight Rises a couple of times when I was flying back home for the holidays. Anne Hathaway really grew on me as Catwoman. So did her mask and costume. I wasnt crazy about it at first. But I think she did a good job with the role and didn't play it too over the top. Only Julie Newmar could get away with that :)

I just dont know if they could make a full movie around her. Her character seems best portrayed in a support role.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

MightyHypnotic wrote: I just dont know if they could make a full movie around her. Her character seems best portrayed in a support role.
Catwoman Begins? It looked like Selina had been thieving for a while prior to the events of TDKR. Tell an origin story, after all she didn't get all that gear at once I think.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Take out the eye candy and cheese cake and yes I think Hathaway would make a good stand alone Catwoman movie. Also treat her like in the Nolan movie where there are just slight references to cats and not some super cat powers or she dresses like a cat. To me Hathaway is not sexy and a sexy Catwoman in Batman would have killed the movie. It would have sucked the theme right out like having Batmite show up.

So yes an Anne Hathaway Catwoman movie would work for me but not in a sexy way.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, some days I dont think she's sexy and then other days I think she looks hot as Catwoman. For some reason its not as clear as it was with Halle Berry (Not hot). For some reason, Halle Berry, as pretty as she is, almost possesses a negative sexiness, to me anyway.

But getting back to AH, I thought she handled the action sequences well and when she's wearing her mask she looks great.

I only wish they had let the gang fight scene play out a little more before Batman got involved. Let her fight it out a little and watch the bad guys get the upper hand but that's the perilguy in me talking!