All members of this forum are welcome to post. Please Read.

General discussions about superheroines!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've been hearing some chatter through the channels lately that there might be some people out there, users of this forum, who feel they cannot express themselves or speak freely for fear of being censored, admonished, banned, tarred & feathered, chained up and dragged behind a pickup truck, etc.

I'm a little suprised to hear about this since that is simply not that case. I realize that my busy schedule doesn't always allow me to address all threads and issues, which is why I've brought on a couple of admins to help, well, administer this board, but you are all allowed to speak freely at any time!

I realize some of you post threads and do not get responses and wind up discouraged. It's ok, it happens. It happens to me a LOT. There are new people coming on this board every day. Try your post again in a different way. Maybe you'll get some support that you didn't have before.

We try new ideas to include all shades of superheroine peril. Its true that in the past we had a narrower focus, but with the addition of some extra forums, this board is now wide open. So if you see a certain aspect of peril or the superheroine genre not being discussed, start a thread!

We have a LOT of lurkers who do not wish to participate in discussions but want to read the threads. Some of them pipe up after years of silence. I think its totally fine if someone is happy to sit back and read our content. I think most of what gets posted is read, even if no one responds.
Our genre is not a very vocal one but, over time, it's getting that way.

If you feel stifled or unsure about posting, don't be. You're allowed to voice your opinion either for or against producers and the content they provide. The only caviat is customer service issues with a certain producer, myself included, should be handled by email with that producer.

If this STILL have reservations, feel free to contact me directly through PM and we'll discuss it.
I want you all to be happy with this board, even if it drives you batty from time to time :twisted:

In addition, if you have an idea that you think would make this board better, send me or the admin a PM!

MH
zepolmas
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

MightyHypnotic wrote:I've been hearing some chatter through the channels lately that there might be some people out there, users of this forum, who feel they cannot express themselves or speak freely for fear of being censored, admonished, banned, tarred & feathered, chained up and dragged behind a pickup truck, etc.

I'm a little suprised to hear about this since that is simply not that case. I realize that my busy schedule doesn't always allow me to address all threads and issues, which is why I've brought on a couple of admins to help, well, administer this board, but you are all allowed to speak freely at any time!

I realize some of you post threads and do not get responses and wind up discouraged. It's ok, it happens. It happens to me a LOT. There are new people coming on this board every day. Try your post again in a different way. Maybe you'll get some support that you didn't have before.

We try new ideas to include all shades of superheroine peril. Its true that in the past we had a narrower focus, but with the addition of some extra forums, this board is now wide open. So if you see a certain aspect of peril or the superheroine genre not being discussed, start a thread!

We have a LOT of lurkers who do not wish to participate in discussions but want to read the threads. Some of them pipe up after years of silence. I think its totally fine if someone is happy to sit back and read our content. I think most of what gets posted is read, even if no one responds.
Our genre is not a very vocal one but, over time, it's getting that way.

If you feel stifled or unsure about posting, don't be. You're allowed to voice your opinion either for or against producers and the content they provide. The only caviat is customer service issues with a certain producer, myself included, should be handled by email with that producer.

If this STILL have reservations, feel free to contact me directly through PM and we'll discuss it.
I want you all to be happy with this board, even if it drives you batty from time to time :twisted:

In addition, if you have an idea that you think would make this board better, send me or the admin a PM!

MH
=D>
=D> =D>
=D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

Nicely said!!!

I was one of those of people that wouldn't openly talk to people in forums like this, but thankfully I did, as I made one or two friends (and enemies, grrrrr), at the end of the day, you're going to get people who disagree with what you say, but that's what a discussion forum is all about :)
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I've been a member for a long time and I have not noticed a problem with members being reluctant to express their opinions. Your ground rules for posts seem very reasonable and shouldn't be a cause of concern for most members. The number of members and posts appears to validate your approach.
lerxstcat
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I don't post very much at all, but I have never felt that I COULDN'T post freely. More like my posts would most often be of a "Yeah, me too" type in liking the posts of others. I'm not a producer of videos, nor do I have super-specific needs to the point of saying I like this but don't like that. Not everything is exactly what I like, but in the sense of community I am not going to say, "I like this, but don't do that". We all like different things, and variety is the spice of life.

I'm just happy that such a place as this exists, and my support is mostly of a lurky nature, but it is real nonetheless.
ttb51m
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

ditto!
i post a moderate bit and never felt pressured either way