Wonder Woman predictions

General discussions about superheroines!
zepolmas
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Let's say the Wonder Woman feature film happens in the next 5 years or so.

I know we all have our favorites and we've debated who SHOULD be Wonder Woman, but I'm attempting a different spin on this. The question here is who WOULD get the part of Wonder Woman?
I'm asking you good humans to speculate on this in defferance to your personal predjudices towards/general knowledge of Warner Bros. and the movie industry in general. Don't think in terms of who you like/dislike, but think in terms of "who would the studio want?" or "who has the pull to get it if they want it?"
I think this might be an interesting new twist on a topic we've chewed to death.
zepolmas
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

My pics, if you're interested...

3.) Jennifer Lawrence
2.) Mila Jovavitch
1.) Anne Hathaway

Again, not basing this on who I'd like, basing this on who's most likely to get it.
Rye
Producer
Producer

Interesting, but Anne can't because she is Catwoman already. ;)
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Rye wrote:Interesting, but Anne can't because she is Catwoman already. ;)
But perhaps she's reformed from her evil ways ?
:wink:

I always thought CZJ would've looked the part, but she's 42 now, way too big and I couldn't see her touching it with a barge pole.

It's a difficult call because relatively unknowns like Palicki aren't a big enough draw and named stars will avoid it for fear of a Catwoman-style Turkey.
They'll probably pick someone like Rachel Weisz just because she's got the right colour hair.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tropiccity
Producer
Producer

Chris Evans played Human Torch and Captain America, so there's not reason Anne Hathaway couldn't do both.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Tropic City Heroines
http://www.tropiccityheroines.com
Follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/baldeagleprod - @baldeagleprod
Always available for customs
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tropiccity wrote:Chris Evans played Human Torch and Captain America, so there's not reason Anne Hathaway couldn't do both.....
Yeah, it won't really be a problem if the cycle of JLA films starting with next year's Man of Steel is supposed to be a whole new universe. It would be no different to when Lynda Carter, Helen Slater, Christopher Reeve and Dean Cain showed up in Smallville as different characters.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
zepolmas
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Heroine Addict wrote:
tropiccity wrote:Chris Evans played Human Torch and Captain America, so there's not reason Anne Hathaway couldn't do both.....
Yeah, it won't really be a problem if the cycle of JLA films starting with next year's Man of Steel is supposed to be a whole new universe. It would be no different to when Lynda Carter, Helen Slater, Christopher Reeve and Dean Cain showed up in Smallville as different characters.
Even if it's the same universe, they still could do it.
See: Hammer Studios, Peter Cushing, Dr. Frankenstien in one series, Dr. Van Helsing in the other.
huphiziah
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Anne Hathaway would most likely be the one.
Or how about Kate Beckensale? (Forgive the spelling)
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

Jessica Biel... or Jessica Timberlake by then.
EvilBilly :twisted:

"In the words of Socrates... I drank what?"
Romedawg187
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

kind of an odd choice, but my vote would go to Jennifer Love Hewitt.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

My picks would be

Rosanne Barr
Rosie O'Donnell
Howey Mandel.
Aszrael
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

I think if they relaunch WW it will be with an unknown talent.
My choice remains
Bridget Regan .
Maskfan
Henchman
Henchman

My vote is for Sarah Lancaster.
Maskfan
Henchman
Henchman

My vote is for Sarah Lancaster.
loganders
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Alexandra Daddario

she looks like Wonder Woman of JL animated series
(Sorry for my english, I know is not good sometimes XD)
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

loganders wrote:Alexandra Daddario

she looks like Wonder Woman of JL animated series
How can she, when she isn't wearing any earrings?
:D
Got the same piercing blue eyes, definitely.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

I don't believe a studio will go with an unknown, especially if this is going to be a follow up to a Justice League movie. An A-Lister will certainly get the role, even if she's not a good fit.

getoffthshed12000
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I could see them going with a lesser known actress, if they're serious about casting the right person. Christian Bale wasn't really an A-lister before Batman Begins, and both recent Superman choices were relatively unknown.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

zepolmas wrote:Let's say the Wonder Woman feature film happens in the next 5 years or so.

I know we all have our favorites and we've debated who SHOULD be Wonder Woman, but I'm attempting a different spin on this. The question here is who WOULD get the part of Wonder Woman?
I'm asking you good humans to speculate on this in defferance to your personal predjudices towards/general knowledge of Warner Bros. and the movie industry in general. Don't think in terms of who you like/dislike, but think in terms of "who would the studio want?" or "who has the pull to get it if they want it?"
I think this might be an interesting new twist on a topic we've chewed to death.
Marisa Miller. :D

Lynn Collins, maybe. Charlize Theron.

Maria Sharapova, or Stacy Keibler :-D

Unknown or little known is very possible.

Really I've no idea who'll get it, who "the studio will want." Pretty certain there's no actress with the "pull to get it if they want it."

Anne H. is fine for Nolan's Catwoman. I'd be super surprised if she got WW. Of course, the director and his/her vision for the movie matters.

WW is supposed to be a amazon fighter goddess type. I wouldn't be surprised if they do some CG to her in every frame to make whoever the actress is more beautiful, fit, taller even. They have the tech. Long as it's subtle and not bad CG looking.

I hope they get a good script. I've no idea whether Joss wrote a script I'd 've liked or not. But that's over with anyway; it's all up to the new writers.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

getoffthshed12000 wrote:I could see them going with a lesser known actress, if they're serious about casting the right person. Christian Bale wasn't really an A-lister before Batman Begins, and both recent Superman choices were relatively unknown.
I agree with your point on the Superman actors, but Christian Bale was certainly a top-tier name at the time of his casting.

Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

My fear is it will be Megan Fox. She seems to get the hype. Even though she dissed WW, I can see the studio persuading her to do it.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I think the key will be if sexiness will be part of the story. If not then they don't need a sexy actress, just a good actress.

For example, I thought Anne Hathaway was good as catwoman cause the movie made no attempt at sexing her up. No real butt or cleavage shots and they didn't have her be some sex icon. In fact that would have cheapened and destroyed the mood of the movie. So in that case Hathaway made a good catwoman cause she needed to be a good actress, not a bimbo, which she is not IMHO.

Wonder Woman is NOT going to be sexy. My guess is they will just pick an actress that can act well. This may just be Hathaway again. In fact just get it over with, forget the sexy aspect and just get someone who can act.

Another thing to think about is that they would want an actress that can do at least 3 movies each being at least 2 years apart (not including a justice league movie) so they would have to pick someone that can tolerate 6 to 8 years of aging. That would mean someone young.

I personally like the woman from John Carter on Mars and the Wolverine movie but I think she would be too old to fulfill an 8 year contract.

Fun time is over so lets just get this thing over with. Hell maybe they might actually come up with a compelling plot if they ditch any sexiness.
huphiziah
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Carly Foulkes, (the T-Mobile girl)
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

huphiziah wrote:Carly Foulkes, (the T-Mobile girl)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
SHE IS HOT! I agree!
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots! go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!
Roguehorn
Neophyte
Neophyte

I actually set up a poll over at Ranker.com about this. At the moment the top three choices are with 45 voters so far; Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, Odette Yustman, and Jaimie Alexander.
Jacqueline had been the top choice for a while but Odette and Jamie have had a late surge.

Megan Fox will have get another break out role as she has slowed down a lot since she got married and is now having a kid, this being out of the limelight has made her kind of yesterday's news.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Alexandra Daddario certainly looks like she could be Lynda Carter's daughter! and she's probably young enough to have a few WW movies under her golden belt in her time....she gets my vote!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The T-Mobile girl looks a little too "weird" to me. I don't know what it is, maybe all those years wearing that absurd dress. Its like her head is way too big for her body. Nice figure but I think she's too tiny and girlish. What's that phrase, Valley of the Uncanny?

As for any WW character. I think we fetish people need to drop any expectations that we're going to have any main stream scratch our itch. That used to be the old days when there were only 3 stations so they tossed in some titillation but now that the "fun stuff" can be obtained through adult purchases the mainstream won't stick in any fun scenes.

Seriously, can anyone name the last main stream movie, TV show, video game there was any kind of erotica super heroine fetish people liked? I don't know about Sucker Punch or Bayonetta because to me they remind me of someone who doesn't know anything about heterosexuality trying to make content for heterosexuals. "I think they like... what are those called... breasts. Lets put some breasts on her." I guess there are people who like the material.

Maybe this stuff should just stay in the fetish realm and not be part of mainstream. But then I would say every other sexual preference should also not be in the mainstream.

If we drop the fetish stuff and pretty much any sexuality for Wonder Woman then character and plot can be more easily developed. But I really really really doubt in this deconstructionist/counter culture age that we're going to get any fetish material in mainstream. So just stop worrying about it and support the fetish producers who scratch the itch so much better.
nigtman43
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

how about krystal ball of msnbc she would make a great wonder woman...
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I like Erica Durance. She's already done action and has a smoking body. I think she could pull off the part.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Jillian Michaels....she looks the part, very physical, a goddess in real life, can probably kick most mens and womens ass in real life, she is a brunette..yeah go brunettes! And what more can you say...she is perfect
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

How about Donna Feldman

http://donnafeldman.net/

The Black Card visa girl.
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

Mr. X wrote:How about Donna Feldman

http://donnafeldman.net/

The Black Card visa girl.
She does LOOK good in that outfit I must say!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Donna Feldman - blackcard commercial
Visa Black Card Back in Black 30 Sec Commercial

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&saf ... 40&bih=645
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots! go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!
tropiccity
Producer
Producer

I like Lyndsy Fonseca. I'd like to see her in a WW costume.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Tropic City Heroines
http://www.tropiccityheroines.com
Follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/baldeagleprod - @baldeagleprod
Always available for customs