New Rule?

General discussions about superheroines!

Should posts for videos with multiple parts be containted to one thread?

Poll ended at 11 years ago

Yay
86%
Nay
14%

Total votes: 50
admin

think a new forum rule is in order. If you have multiple parts to the same video, they need to be contained in the same thread. There are multiple posts all over the forum, and its getting a little messy.

This only applies to the same story, different parts. If it's different stories with the same theme and you refer to them as chapters, that would not count.
ledonatello
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I 100% agree that video releases from the same story, or even series, should be consolidated to one thread. Much more organized.
DevilMan38
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Absolutely yes.
Love your rage, not your cage
athenaartemis
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I agree this clutter problem needs to be addressed. I am concerned that the proposed rule could have unintended consequences and be open to contentious interpretations. I propose a "3 for 25" standard. The rules for multiple posts/episodes would work as follows:

1) Any new episode release(s) must more than 3 weeks apart from the previous release (21 calendar days apart) to qualify for a seperate strand.

2) After the first episode, any new episode(s) must each be longer than 25 minutes to qualify for a seperate strand.

3) Both rules 1) and 2) must be met to qualify for a seperate strand.

4) If a strand must be closed or locked through no fault of the producing studio and there are more episodes to be released, the producing studio shall be allowed to open another strand.

5) A producing studio shall have the ability to update its strand title line to reflect any new episode releases that don't qualify for a seperate strand.

I submit this proposal for further discussion, consideration and possible approval. Thanks.
-Tyr Garm (WW-XXX/writer and executive producer)
Manta Ray Jack
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Did you actually think about this before proposing this new rule or were you just drinking heavily?

Ridonkulous.
admin

I think that's a little too involved, but I understand where you are coming from and I definitely agree with point #5.

Regarding point 4, The only time I can think of where a thread will get locked is if the posts get so far off topic. It's rare, but it happens.
I think a better solution would be a request by the author to the moderator or admin to unlock the thread and then a post from the author to keep things on topic, assuming that the author wants the thread to continue.

Personally, I think it's easier for the reader to have all posts related to a video in one thread.
SupergirlLover
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Confining one thread to each portion of a video is a good idea due to the fact that it is one continuous story.
Some people will choose video based solely on content, however it would seem that the majority prefer the entire story.
I being one who likes base on content (Supergirl just isn't Supergirl out of her costume)
However I will buy based on the video as a whole not pieces. To put it simply: we don't need a pinky finger, but we wouldn't want it gone.
lerxstcat
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

SupergirlLover wrote:Confining one thread to each portion of a video is a good idea due to the fact that it is one continuous story.
Some people will choose video based solely on content, however it would seem that the majority prefer the entire story.
I being one who likes base on content (Supergirl just isn't Supergirl out of her costume)
However I will buy based on the video as a whole not pieces. To put it simply: we don't need a pinky finger, but we wouldn't want it gone.
Don't tell most musicians they don't need their pinkies, lol!

I don't think it's that big an issue overall, though it may seem to be at this moment. In the long run the place might look more like a ghost town if there AREN'T separate threads for Part 1, 2,3, etc...

In the end the difference isn't that great to me, if I have to go to page 2 to find a thread.
admin

The members have spoken. Rule passed. :beer2:
Attachments
justice8.gif
justice8.gif (28.54 KiB) Viewed 2678 times
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

Agreed. This is where the admin comes in and cleans house.
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots! go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!
Manta Ray Jack
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

This is where producers give every single episode its own title.
and in teeny tiny type mention it's part x!
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

That should be very easy to spot and deal with.
Manta Ray Jack
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Oh yeah, just bust out the ban hammer and keep hitting em til they fall inline!
Good times! :fun: