WONDER WOMAN 2011:)

Superheroine Clips & Pictures Here! No copyright infringement, please.
syntaur1
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Hey I would have watched it...

superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

We all would have. Freakin TV executive pricks gotta pull the Friggin plug before it can get started?
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (36.21 KiB) Viewed 5391 times
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots! go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Are you kidding? WW was a complete psycho path in this show. "Am I clapping hard enough... I don't want Wonder Woman mad at me".

She threatens to out right kill people. She kills a security guard doing nothing more than his job. Then she tries to whore herself to a patrolman standing guard over a criminal. The THREE identities, what was that about? The fighting was good and I don't mind so much she wears pants (pretty hard to do bare legs for a long time. Even Carter wore pantyhose) but the character was completely out of characters and the show abandoned the fan base.

BTW looks like Erica Durance DID wear that costume in an episode of Harry's Law

So apparently on the show she actually plays a vigilante who dresses up as Wonder Woman and beats up wife beaters
Last edited by Mr. X 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Mr. X wrote:Are you kidding? WW was a complete psycho path in this show. "Am I clapping hard enough... I don't want Wonder Woman mad at me".

She threatens to out right kill people. She kills a security guard doing nothing more than his job. Then she tries to whore herself to a patrolman standing guard over a criminal. The THREE identities, what was that about? The fighting was good and I don't mind so much she wears pants (pretty hard to do bare legs for a long time. Even Carter wore pantyhose) but the character was completely out of characters and the show abandoned the fan base.
Mr. X has this right.

I saw that pilot and couldn't believe that was supposed to be WW. Even trying to 'modernize' WW you shouldn't throw out everything about the character. All the Batman Nolan films gave us a modern Batman who...was Batman, the character stayed true. This was not WW.

Also think about from a SHIP view. Would this character ever be in danger or in a situation she might lose? No, there would never be a classic heroine overcoming a defeat in this show. Plus forgetting everything else, it was just bad.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

I just like seeing anyone as Wonder Woman in full costumes regardless of the plot as long as the costume is skin tight and sexy.

Erica Durance As Wonder Woman - Behind the Scenes Harry's Law
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots! go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Sounds silly but something about the pants kind of reminds me of western cavalry pants. Maybe the stars stitched down the side or the fact it doesn't look spandex or its dark blue... don't know. I keep thinking there is a stripe along the sides.

BTW Durance would have made a much better Wonder Woman IMHO. The other girl was OK but she seems to be becoming the next jump the shark actor. She was also Judy in a failed Lost in Space restart. Also was some mermaid in an aquaman series that failed. Durance brings some Smallville fans to WW which I think the show kind of needed.
superheroinelinks
Elder Member
Elder Member

You know something, your right. They do look like "western cavalry pants"
I LOVE seeing sexy women in Pantyhose, skin tight Spandex, Tights, Leggings, Unitards, Catsuit, BodyStockings, Gloves, Masks and sexy seductive Role Playing Peril! Go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I still say it would have worked if Jillian Michaels would have been WW....does no one else love her like I do???? She rocks!!
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'd have watched it too. I'd have preferred it over every other show that NBC green lighted that season. Like the Playboy-bunnies-from-the-60s show. I'd have preferred it to Arrow now on the CW. I have tried to give Arrow a chance, watched almost all episodes in 2012, but it just didn't grow on me. Unlike Smallville, of which I did watch all 10 seasons. Not saying all SV episodes were good, but there was enough that kept me interested. Plus having Erica Durance and Laura Vandervoort in it didn't hurt.

The WW pilot: I liked the fight scene (and chase scene) very much. I didn't care that she killed the security guard in self-defense shooting at her, it's what amazon Xena would've done. But I can understand why WW canon people might object; it wasn't very traditional Wonder Woman-like of her. I, however, liked this Xena-type WW. She's got spunk! Plus like Xena, she's a more flawed character than traditional WW and thus her charcter arc has more character growth potential! I may be in the minority, but I like what I like.

Palicki did a great job in the role, she's a very good actress and she looks good to me. Nice rack. Nice everything really.

Overall, as an alternate world take on WW, kind of what Smallville is, but with costume, I liked it enough to want to see more. If it continued, maybe they could have had an episode where a more traditional WW arrives through a portal from another dimension and the Palicki Xena-type WW and the don't torture-don't kill WW could butt heads, and the arc of the Palicki character would learn from this encounter.

I agree that the secret ID thing as handled in this pilot was a head scratcher.

Anyway, the show is now dead and buried but yeah, I'm kinda sorry NBC passed on it. I wanted to see more, whether future episodes got better or not. But that's how it goes. Possibly NBC anticipated only getting Smallville level ratings, which while good for the CW, would not be good enough for NBC.

This does open up the door for a more traditional live-action WW to appear on TV. Recent rumour is CW will develop a WW show. Hope it's better than Arrow. Probably won't have a WW costume either. Not so traditional WW in that respect, but maybe she'll be good and not kill people.

[ FTR, I wasn't a fan of Lynda Carter's WW show (lousy stunt fighting, subpar dialog, just plain mediocre). I remember when it originally aired, I watched a few episodes, didn't care for it and stopped watching. Even tho Lynda was hot, wasn't enough to keep me watching. (Also, I know exactly what Whedon meant when he mentioned "granny panties" in an interview. Why the costumers had Lynda wear padded bottoms I'll never know. Lynda's hips would've look just fine without that weirdness, even better I imagine.) ]
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Carter wore padded bottoms because she actually had no backside. For all her figure she had no booty. She was rather oddly proportioned.

As for the 2011 show, kind of hard to judge anything on one show. Now maybe I could watch a "flawed" Wonder Woman but I personally am so sick and tired of every woman on TV being an emotional retard on purpose. For once I'd like to see a level headed, smart, logical female. But the show could have worked if WW was say too savage and the man's world teaches her civility. Maybe Amazon Island isn't a paradise and instead is a pretty violent, rotten place. Xena worked for me. WW did not. Again maybe it needed a season to find itself. But Xena was new and undefined so Lawless defined that character. WW is already defined so deviating from it probably alienates the fans and doesn't attract enough new comers.

I was wondering about Arrow and was it any good. Reminds me of the Cloak and how that wasn't all that good.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The pilot seemed to be written by too many people and no one bothered to check continuity within the script.

For example the lasso of truth is mentioned early in the pilot, but when Wonder Woman questions a prisoner she goes Jack Bauer on him and uses extreme off screen physical torture to get information.

Veronica Cole is smart enough to set up Wonder Woman invading her facility and recording enough evidence to keep her tied up in court for years, but then hasn't removed the evidence that will get herself arrested. That could have set up a series with Wonder Woman going from heroine to fugitive.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Visitor wrote:That could have set up a series with Wonder Woman going from heroine to fugitive.
Or set up a plot device to teach WW she can't just bust in somewhere and do as she pleases. Rules go both ways.
cannonfodder
Henchman
Henchman

Or not be Diana and be Artemis. Thinking about that, it could have worked out that way once they get one single writing team down on the series, but the way the pilot went I'm glad it's dead.
heroinefan429
Henchman
Henchman

In the final fight scene, she doesn't have the long pants and is in the traditional outfit. The show itself was kind of, I don't know, I didn't enjoy it.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

After watching that video syntaur1 posted (didn't know it was a fan film) I'd say I'd watch that IF it was that cool. Yeah I want to feel pumped she comes on the screen. But alas that is not what this episode was. Yeah ok make her a Xena version of Wonder Woman. Sure have her be more kick ass. Fine swap out the shorts for some pants. But the emo crap, the three personas, the stupid Steve Treavor love thing, the Wonder Woman Inc, the flirting with a fat security guard, killing a security guard just doing his job and the death threats just made me root for the bad guys and not in a fun, kinky way.

No one can judge a show by the first episode or first season very well. Star Trek Next Gen looked bad first season. I think they put in way too much as far as Wonder Woman and it looked like a merry trip down emotional baggage lane.

Kind of reminds me of the Lost and Space series pilot that didn't go (BTW the girl who played WW in this pilot played Judy Robinson.). So in the pilot you right away get dumped on with everyone's emotional problems. No discovery. No sense of unfolding. Just everyone is an emotional wreck and, guess what, that's what every episode is going to be.

Plus Erica Durance I think would have been better. More sophistication and less 'tude.
JohnFeer
Henchman
Henchman

"Interesting actress, appalling script", is pretty much my view of the 2011 pilot. It is probably just as well this project never hit the airwaves, it made all the wrong decisions about the character and like "Birds of Prey" would have lasted twelve weeks tops.
A failure like that, would have been bad for the character all around.

As for the "Lost in Space" pilot, when I saw that one I understood at last why Dr. Zachary Smith was so necessary to the storyline, he stirs the drink and without him we have to fall back on the Family as drivers and who the hell cares about Judy Robinson's damn feelings anyway???

:D

John Feer
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

JohnFeer wrote: As for the "Lost in Space" pilot, when I saw that one I understood at last why Dr. Zachary Smith was so necessary to the storyline, he stirs the drink and without him we have to fall back on the Family as drivers and who the hell cares about Judy Robinson's damn feelings anyway???

John Feer
You talking about the original pilot or the new one done for Disney. Yes the original was boring. Without smith and the robot the show literally would have fell flat. In fact the show IS Smith. I just finished watching every episode on Hulu and the show literally was the Dr. Smith show. Everyone else was a boring stick in the mud.
Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Yes, terrible script, but I would add Adrianne Palicki wasn't right for Wonder Woman. She has the height and looks good as a brunette, but she doesn't have the figure. Sadly, it looks like she's got bad breast implants, which is quite a disadvantage for Wonder Woman:

Personally, I don't think she's quite beautiful enough for Wonder Woman. She doesn't have the x factor in her appearance or her performance. Interesting they cast Liz Hurley, as the baddie, who may have made a respectable Wonder Woman with the x factor, in the 1990s:

heroinefan429
Henchman
Henchman

JohnFeer wrote:"Interesting actress, appalling script", is pretty much my view of the 2011 pilot. It is probably just as well this project never hit the airwaves, it made all the wrong decisions about the character and like "Birds of Prey" would have lasted twelve weeks tops.
A failure like that, would have been bad for the character all around.

As for the "Lost in Space" pilot, when I saw that one I understood at last why Dr. Zachary Smith was so necessary to the storyline, he stirs the drink and without him we have to fall back on the Family as drivers and who the hell cares about Judy Robinson's damn feelings anyway???

John Feer
The plot was awful all around. Like someone else said, you almost root for the villains because Wonder Woman is "too rogue". It was a waste of an hour. Glad it never came to be.

What's the latest with the CW attempt to make a Wonder Woman origins series? Sounds interesting - too bad nobody will see it because it's on CW.
heroinefan429
Henchman
Henchman

And in regards to Erica Durance - she would've been a much better Wonder Woman. Her appearance on Harry's Law was interesting because in the same episode, they're trying to get a woman custody of a gorilla. Makes me wish they had, for no reason, had a good Wonder Woman vs Gargantua scene.

In all seriousness, I'm pissed NBC canceled Harry's Law. That, and SVU, are the only shows worth watching on that network.
syntaur1
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I think too this show would have worked if they had stuck with the original storyllne that put the main reason of the Amazing Amazon coming to the Man's Wprld... would to have mad passionate unbridled sex with some Dude from Iowa who spends way too much time on his computer... and goes by the screen name of SYNTAUR1...
And kept the whole fighting for justice a secondary thing... IMO :evil:
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I think I'll just agree to disagree with a lot that's been posted since my last post. I don't disagree with all of it, but I don't want to waste a 1/2 hour writing a detailed point-by-point rebuttal (well, part of me wants to, but the other part is overruling). I'm sure you're all thrilled! :)

And of course, I stand by what I wrote before.

I do agree Erica Durance would make a great WW. She's my favorite aspect of my watching the 10 seasons of Smallville. I also have a soft spot for Laura V. Morena Baccarin would also be great as WW.

I started watching Arrow again, last couple episodes. He's got a cute tech girl now, so she's a plus, but not enough of one. I still don't much like the show. The Huntress as portrayed is not a plus for me, but YMMV.

I don't know if it's hopeful or not that Arrow wears a costume, but if CW does do Amazon show, maybe, just maybe, CW's WW/Diana will wear a WW costume too. But I'm not holding my breath. I have read that a pilot of Amazon is not ordered for 2013-14 season, so maybe now it'll be for 2014-15 season, or an interim season starting january 2014, or who knows.

If NBC had ordered a 13 episode season of WW 2011, I bet I would have watched them all. Even if for nothing else, I know I'd have dug (70s slang) the fight, chase, action scenes with a costume clad Palicki WW (with leggings or not, though preferably not). Of the drama shows NBC did pick up for 2011: Grimm, Playboy Club and Prime Suspect, I watched two episodes of each. PC and PS were cancelled, but I wouldn't have watched those past two episodes. PS was OK, but nothing special. Grimm is still going strong apparently, and yet it was the show I liked the least, so I'm not among its decent ratings. Oh look, American Ninja Warrior in on NBC right now. Maybe I'll watch that. (They should have Palicki or Durance as WW go through the obstacle course!) OK, I've watched for 5 minutes. Oh, look he fell in the water. Wheeee. I'd prefer a new episode of WW 2011 over this by far! :)

Darn. Writing more than I wanted again.

Someone mentioned the Cape I think. Yeah, that was crap. Bear McCreary did a fantastic job with the score, and Summer Glau is cute, as was the curly haired circus girl, but other than that, the Cape was one of the worst shows I've ever seen, in any genre.

Here's looking toward whatever cool superheroine stuff comes to us next. Maybe CW's WW. Black Widow in 2014 Captain America movie. The Avengers II movie. I wonder if Man of Steel will be good. I'll have to google who's Lois this time. The next X-men movie. Iron Man 3, apparently there's a hot scientist lady, what I heard anyway...powers?.. don't know. Oh yeah, Adrianne Palicki as Lady Jaye. The last GI Joe movie I didn't like much, but the action was pretty good if I remember right (actually barely remember it). I'll wait for reviews and if "meh," I'll rent the DVD. I sure hope Thor II is better than Thor I--Hemsworth is really well cast as Thor, but the first movie didn't impress like the Avengers. YMMV. Maybe they should do Marvel team-up movies instead of solo endeavors: Thor plus the Hulk, Ms. Marvel plus Silver Surfer (not the one from F4 movie), Hawkeye plus Black Widow. OK, now I'm onto something: WW plus Supergirl plus Batgirl!
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I think a Black Widow/Hawkeye stand alone movie would be cool. I'd watch that.

Now this is a wonder woman I could get behind. SHE'S A WOMAN, not some girl in trauma. I could eat up a series based on this version of WW. Even IF there was no damsel in distress stuff the fighting is well done and quite frankly the character is sophisticated, smart and someone I'd want to see kicking some butt. Bruce Wayne is depicted as rational and logical and competent. I don't see why WW can't be depicted the same way. I just don't see WW being some Anx Sue character. Reminds me of Birds of Prey. Nice show with a fairly good budget but sadly the characters either didn't click or just were not compelling and the best looking girl they kept in a wheel chair.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
Now this is a wonder woman I could get behind.
May be already in the works. Just have to wait a couple years, or so. We probably know who won't be writing it: David E. Kelley, or Joss Whedon (tho Joss would be good, probably will be too busy).

http://screenrant.com/justice-league-mo ... cter-list/

The Avengers II and Justice League movie... both in 2015. Hope I'm alive to see it.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!