The God's Must be Crazy

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
ovid36
Neophyte
Neophyte

Hi all, this is my first story for this board. I'm a frequent contributor to the badgirlkos yahoo group and a bunch of my stories can be seen at http://www.badgirlkos.com. My main interest is heroes and heroines being knocked out by sleeping gas, so you'll see plenty of that in my stories. I hope everybody enjoys this.

Ovid

Dark doings are afoot in Gotham City as Robin the Girl Wonder is soon to find out. Her routine nightly patrol has brought her past the Gotham Diamond Exchange. Surprisingly there is no sign of the security guards whom she converses with on a regular basis. Could something be amiss?

Slipping closer she notices that the glass doors, locked even during the day and accessible only by being buzzed in from a guard inside, have been tampered with, a tiny steel plate inserted between them to keep them from closing fully and locking.

Her suspicion now fully aroused, Batman’s newest sidekick drew the double doors silently apart and slid inside. The inner door of the secure airlock was open as well and she could see several bodies lying on the floor just inside. Hurrying to them she was relieved to find them unconscious but still breathing.

Her first instinct was to call her mentor and partner, the Dark Knight himself, Batman. Unfortunately he was away on business as his true identity, Bruce Wayne. While she was thinking on a course of action, her decision was made for her as three rather muscular men in silky white togas strode into the room with sacks over their shoulders.

They stopped in shock at the appearance of the Caped Crusader, who cut a striking figure in her colorful costume of green tights, red tunic, and shiny yellow cape. The short, athletic brunette went into a pose of authority, hands on her hips.

“Stop right there boys, you’re all under arrest.”

The men turned to each other and laughed, causing Robin to redden in embarrassment. Batman never had to put up with this kind of thing!

“Step aside little girl and we won’t hurt you,” the tall man with golden curly locks promised. “We have what we came for.”

“I’m no little girl! I’m…”

“Robin, the Girl Wonder,” a female voice finished. “I was hoping we might meet.”

The Caped Cutie turned to see a veritable Goddess stroll into the room, gowned in a toga of shimmering white satin, belted in gold. Her blonde hair fell past her shoulders in waves, intricately adorned with a jeweled net. She was so gorgeous that for a moment Robin could only stare.

“And just who are you supposed to be?” she finally managed.

“I am Aphrodite, Goddess of Love and Desire,” the blonde replied with haughty aplomb.

“I should have known,” the teen heroine replied sarcastically. “But seeing as how I neither love nor desire you, I guess I’ll have to arrest you too.”
“Are you certain?” the Goddess smiled just as a dart flew from behind her, striking Robin in the right shoulder.

“Uh!” she gasped, staring down at the golden needle fletched with dove feathers protruding from her upper arm. “What the… oh!”

“Well struck Eros,” the Divine Dame complimented the comely youth who entered the room with his bow and accompanied by three lovely young ladies. “Now what were you saying little birdie?”

Robin had dropped to her knees and was staring at the blonde in mute rapture. Eros’ love-dart had found its mark and the Girl Wonder was helpless to resist.

“Will you be bringing her along?” asked the blonde hunk whom had laughed at Robin’s earlier warnings.

“We’re already behind schedule Adonis,” the villainess declared reluctantly. “And I wish to complete her subjugation in a more… leisurely manner. Thalia, help her sleep.”

One of the three girls, all of whom were clad in short white togas and gold sandals, stepped forward. She held a thin golden wand in one hand and as she waved it over Robin’s head a shimmering powder drifted from the end. The Girl Wonder sighed and slumped to the floor, Adonis and the other two henchmen stepping over her and following Aphrodite and her three Graces out of the jewelry store.

Eros, the young boy clad in a white loincloth with snowy white wings on his back, blew Robin a kiss and followed the rest to the pair of white Cadillac Escalades that had pulled up to the curb. The strange company boarded the luxury SUV’s and disappeared into the cool Gotham night.

Later, in the posh penthouse suite of glamorous socialite Paris Troy, high atop the Mount Olympus Hotel…

“You’re late me dear Aphrodite,” the naked man built like a Greek God noted from the throne-like chair upon which he sat. On either knee sat a young nymph, naked as well; two of his ‘Muses’ as he referred to them. “Was there any trouble?”

“Nothing I couldn’t handle Apollo,” the blonde replied nonchalantly, dropping onto a nearby divan. “Just Robin…”

“The Girl Wonder?! What was she doing there?”

“Trying to stop a crime I would imagine,” the Goddess sniffed haughtily as she took the proffered goblet of wine from one of Apollo’s waiting servants. She eyed the girl approvingly and pointed to the floor.

“And the diamonds?” Apollo insisted as his serving girl dropped to her knees and began to lick the Love Goddess’ toes.

The golden-gowned gal clapped her hands and her trio of henchmen – Adonis, Atlas, and Hercules, marched into the room with their sacks of loot. They placed them at the foot of the throne with a bow.

“Well done Aphrodite,” the criminal had to admit as he looked through the beautiful booty. “But the Girl Wonder showing up at the crime scene worries me. Could they be onto us already?”

“Relax Apollo, it was a coincidence that she happened along when she did and besides, she was alone. Shouldn’t you be more concerned with Batman?”

Finally the Greek God smiled, lifting his golden lyre from the table next to him and plucking a few merry bars on the harp’s strings.

“Batman is the least of my concerns dear Aphrodite; I know the Dark Knight’s Achilles Heel and Nightwing’s as well. It is Robin and the rest of Gotham’s caped cock-teases that worry me.”

He struck a discordant note and stopped playing. “They are like a spandex plague on my fair city.”

“Your fair city Apollo?” the blonde questioned.

“Our fair city Aphrodite,” Apollo corrected himself reluctantly. “Now if you will excuse me, I must consult The Oracle for the details of our next caper.”

Apollo watched the glamorous Goddess leave with her retinue, his mind working overtime. He had not planned on catching the attention of the authorities just yet, but as the saying goes, ‘the best laid plans of mice and men’. He had some nasty surprises in store for Batgirl, Robin, and the rest. But like a fine wine, the grapes of his wrath needed time to ripen.

WHAT’S THIS???? A NEW CRIMINAL MASTERMIND IN GOTHAM CITY??? WHAT PLANS COULD HE HAVE FOR GOTHAM’S HEROINES? AND WHAT OF ROBIN, SLEEPING SWEETLY IN THE GOTHAM CITY DIAMOND EXCHANGE, VICTIM OF THE EVIL APHRODITE?

FOR THE ANSWERS TO THESE AND OTHER BURNING QUESTIONS, TUNE IN NEXT TIME – SAME BAT TIME, SAME BAT CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
superpics4les
Elder Member
Elder Member

Welcome to our board, ovid! A most promising opening indeed! I will check out your other stories on the site you referenced. I look forward to more of this one! This is classic '60's Batman at its best! Well done and again, welcome! 8)
Doubleb66
Henchman
Henchman

Excellent beginning! I'll be waiting for the next installment with "batted" breath.