Skipped Films

CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Hey guys,

Out of curiosity, are there any films from us you almost picked up, but didn't for one reason or another-- and why?

Logan
HEROINE LEGENDS
mrestfla
Sargeant
Sargeant

HeroineLegends wrote:Hey guys,

Out of curiosity, are there any films from us you almost picked up, but didn't for one reason or another-- and why?

Logan
HEROINE LEGENDS
Since I didn't hit Powerball.....I would never pickup a film from you! :sad:
athenaartemis
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Logan
HEROINE LEGENDS
Speaking as both a customer and a producer, I think the biggest challenge is the saturation of the market. 7 years ago there might 20 decent superheroine clips/films made in a year. Today, there are that many out in a week. Customers can be very picky and choosy. Tomorrow, there will always be more choices.

As for chasing the "almosts" , for everything you change to try to reach someone you will upset someone else. If you can add something that enough people think was missing, you might help yourself. Maybe.

To survive as a producer, I think you have to establish and hold a base of fans. Clips need to stay within a budget those paying fans can support.

As a customer, it's getting almost overwhelming. You buy and are watching one clip and then four more good clips come out. Great for customers, bad for producers!
-Tyr Garm
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

An interesting topic and I actually purchased season episode 2.7 yesterday, an episode you might say I had "skipped"
It was not the cheapest of episodes but quality counts for me and the prices ae not excessive especially when the Elite discount is used.
What I buy from HL is mostly based on the characters and how much the sample pics perk my interest.
In the case of 2.7 I had missed the fact that it contained Dark Vega but the sample pics of Allura also caught my eye so I bought it and loved it and the Allura scene where she was pinned to the wall were hot, Cayla has an amazing midsection, it is a shame the evil Allura costume hides her beautiful physique.

Logan it would also be a big help if the website was updated a little, the walpapers page is empty but they are available in the elite section, the photo sets page shows the upcoming set but in the elite area it is not shown and many of the character pages need atention to the films they appear in.

Any news on the release that was shown to be coming on the calendar? I checked out the preview and the sample looks great and I ma very excited about seeing some weaponry being used at last.

Basically I spend way too much on these type of movies and photosets but if something catches my eye I make the effort.

Like said above there is a lot to choose from these days, I am eagerly awaiting Wonderous Girl part 3 from SHL and Bluestones SG and your Return to Darkness, not to mention a custom I have in the works and also your Lady Wonder release so that ties up a lot of money without even daring to venture onto Niche or Clips4sale.

Bacl onto topic though I skipped all of the Black Queen movies simply because I am not a foot fetish fan so just decided to use the money elsewhere.

Keep up the great work and please give me more pics of Lady Wonder LOL!

Thanks
LT
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

mrestfla wrote:

Logan
HEROINE LEGENDS
Since I didn't hit Powerball.....I would never pickup a film from you! :sad:
Fair enough.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Rayman wrote:An interesting topic and I actually purchased season episode 2.7 yesterday, an episode you might say I had "skipped"
It was not the cheapest of episodes but quality counts for me and the prices ae not excessive especially when the Elite discount is used.
What I buy from HL is mostly based on the characters and how much the sample pics perk my interest.
In the case of 2.7 I had missed the fact that it contained Dark Vega but the sample pics of Allura also caught my eye so I bought it and loved it and the Allura scene where she was pinned to the wall were hot, Cayla has an amazing midsection, it is a shame the evil Allura costume hides her beautiful physique.

Logan it would also be a big help if the website was updated a little, the walpapers page is empty but they are available in the elite section, the photo sets page shows the upcoming set but in the elite area it is not shown and many of the character pages need atention to the films they appear in.

Any news on the release that was shown to be coming on the calendar? I checked out the preview and the sample looks great and I ma very excited about seeing some weaponry being used at last.

Basically I spend way too much on these type of movies and photosets but if something catches my eye I make the effort.

Like said above there is a lot to choose from these days, I am eagerly awaiting Wonderous Girl part 3 from SHL and Bluestones SG and your Return to Darkness, not to mention a custom I have in the works and also your Lady Wonder release so that ties up a lot of money without even daring to venture onto Niche or Clips4sale.

Bacl onto topic though I skipped all of the Black Queen movies simply because I am not a foot fetish fan so just decided to use the money elsewhere.

Keep up the great work and please give me more pics of Lady Wonder LOL!

Thanks
LT
The HL Elite section is being discontinued-- hence the discrepancies. The discount will continue on, but some people have decided not to join for personal reasons regarding their email address. Others have stated they don't join because they don't want the discount-- baffles me, but I don't need to understand.

As for the release, I am waiting on the buyer to pay the remaining balance before I can release it, so it's really up to them when it comes out. It will need to be pushed back until payment is made.

As for the Black Queen - if you email me, I'll give you 20% off which you can use in addition to your HL Elite discount for that film only - Feature Pack-- there is an included PG-version which has 13 minutes of "foot stuff" cut out and is more of a Superhero film-- I actually enjoy that one a lot :)

Anyway, that was the real reason for the post… to give out a few coupon codes to those who normally pick up our material but passed on one for whatever reason. :)

Logan
valugi
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

hi logan

I'm also a frequent buyer of Legends heroine, in recent weeks can not buy due to personal and financial issue missed some interesting release as Dark future with Mystic and others that followed, I really Particularly like Allura, vega and Mystic
Gomur
Henchman
Henchman

athenaartemis wrote: Speaking as both a customer and a producer, I think the biggest challenge is the saturation of the market. 7 years ago there might 20 decent superheroine clips/films made in a year. Today, there are that many out in a week. Customers can be very picky and choosy. Tomorrow, there will always be more choices.

As for chasing the "almosts" , for everything you change to try to reach someone you will upset someone else. If you can add something that enough people think was missing, you might help yourself. Maybe.

To survive as a producer, I think you have to establish and hold a base of fans. Clips need to stay within a budget those paying fans can support.

As a customer, it's getting almost overwhelming. You buy and are watching one clip and then four more good clips come out. Great for customers, bad for producers!
-Tyr Garm
A very good breakdown, Tyr. Speaking as a fan, I agree that the market has become saturated with offerings. Overall video quality has risen over the years, and that has led to increased expectation and choosiness. Sadly, disposable income is a finite number for most of us.

Add to that the broad appeals of superheroine peril and the sub-niches that are catered to. Tickling. Bondage. Snuff. Combat. Chloroform. Pantyhose. The list goes on. I don't envy your position as producers to try and appeal to everyone, running the risk of alienating viewers by focusing on specific fetishes (or not specific enough).

One other development I've seen is the implementation of "seasons" into certain websites. I'm a bigger fan of stand-alone videos or short 2 or 3-part stories. As a huge fan of F/F combat, I tend to gravitate towards Heroine Legends episodes that highlight this theme. I don't care much for the epic narrative over the season (with HL and other sites), just the endeavors of the single episode.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Gomur wrote:
athenaartemis wrote: Speaking as both a customer and a producer, I think the biggest challenge is the saturation of the market. 7 years ago there might 20 decent superheroine clips/films made in a year. Today, there are that many out in a week. Customers can be very picky and choosy. Tomorrow, there will always be more choices.

-Tyr Garm
A very good breakdown, Tyr. Speaking as a fan, I agree that the market has become saturated with offerings. Overall video quality has risen over the years, and that has led to increased expectation and choosiness. Sadly, disposable income is a finite number for most of us.

Add to that the broad appeals of superheroine peril and the sub-niches that are catered to. Tickling. Bondage. Snuff. Combat. Chloroform. Pantyhose. The list goes on. I don't envy your position as producers to try and appeal to everyone, running the risk of alienating viewers by focusing on specific fetishes (or not specific enough).

One other development I've seen is the implementation of "seasons" into certain websites. I'm a bigger fan of stand-alone videos or short 2 or 3-part stories. As a huge fan of F/F combat, I tend to gravitate towards Heroine Legends episodes that highlight this theme. I don't care much for the epic narrative over the season (with HL and other sites), just the endeavors of the single episode.
I agree with all your points. From both of you. It is getting more and more difficult to produce films that will maintain the same sales. And they are becoming more and more costlier as we tend to try and make each one better, thus dumping more money into the creation of each subsequent film.

As for the Season Episodes-- I actually agree. We do have a plot line set up for Season 3, however, we have put it on hold at this time in favor of creating Feature Films. I enjoy 'Return of the Black Queen', 'The Demon Within', and the upcoming 'Transition to Darkness' which were all filmed as stand-alone films. 'Path to Darkness' as well, though not quite as long.

We just wrapped on 'Return to Darkness' which is also a stand-alone film that contributes to the history of the characters and the overall HL Universe-- so perhaps the direction we went is for the better :)

Logan
Masmune
Henchman
Henchman

I've thought of getting basically every one of your Vega videos and specifically Demon Within 2 at one point or another (I'm a big Supergirl fan), but I haven't followed through because:

1. The price is a bit high.
2. There is (as far as I can tell) little to no sexual content implied or otherwise.
3. I prefer a leotard+skirt combination rather than the bare midriff.

I want to be clear that these are NOT complaints. It's your site and you can have whatever content you choose and charge whatever you want. But since you asked the question, that's my answer.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Masmune wrote:I've thought of getting basically every one of your Vega videos and specifically Demon Within 2 at one point or another (I'm a big Supergirl fan), but I haven't followed through because:

1. The price is a bit high.
2. There is (as far as I can tell) little to no sexual content implied or otherwise.
3. I prefer a leotard+skirt combination rather than the bare midriff.

I want to be clear that these are NOT complaints. It's your site and you can have whatever content you choose and charge whatever you want. But since you asked the question, that's my answer.
I appreciate the honesty :)

To be honest, we are not a sexual peril site, so for those looking for that content, our site wouldn't be the place to go for it. Perhaps one day, maybe out of pure curiosity, you may get a chance to see our stories :)

Logan