A new project

General discussions about superheroines!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Probably a silly question to ask here, but at least I will know my audience:

Would you personally back a project about 4 beautiful girls in costumes who have super powers that is aimed at a CW, HBO, or CBS television audience? We will be starting a movement/campaign on one of our many projects and just want to see what the feedback will be here. Our intention is to raise enough to film a nice promo with great VFX and some wire-work to pitch to major networks for backing. Thanks!!

Logan
ledonatello
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

HeroineLegends wrote:Probably a silly question to ask here, but at least I will know my audience:

Would you personally back a project about 4 beautiful girls in costumes who have super powers that is aimed at a CW, HBO, or CBS television audience? We will be starting a movement/campaign on one of our many projects and just want to see what the feedback will be here. Our intention is to raise enough to film a nice promo with great VFX and some wire-work to pitch to major networks for backing. Thanks!!
Not really. Sounds like you're trying to do something more mainstream and less peril-based. Firstly, your budget would need to be astronomical. Even for a network such as CW you'd be competing with shows like "Arrow," which is actually pretty awesome.

Secondly, crowdfunding a promo to pitch to major networks? That's not how Hollywood works at all. Unless you released it independently on your own site, it probably wouldn't see the light of day.

Good luck though.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

ledonatello wrote:
HeroineLegends wrote:Probably a silly question to ask here, but at least I will know my audience:

Not really. Sounds like you're trying to do something more mainstream and less peril-based. Firstly, your budget would need to be astronomical. Even for a network such as CW you'd be competing with shows like "Arrow," which is actually pretty awesome.

Secondly, crowdfunding a promo to pitch to major networks? That's not how Hollywood works at all. Unless you released it independently on your own site, it probably wouldn't see the light of day.

Good luck though.
Actually, that is exactly how Hollywood works-- I'm IN Hollywood. TV Execs don't want to see pilots or read scripts. They want to see concept on screen now-- which is why we would be filming a "promo" or "teaser" to emphasize and cinematically illustrate the concept. Our budget would not need to be that high and there would be no competition-- right now, NBC is hurting for material… there are plenty of opportunities to fill a slot. We would be looking at a budget of about $75,000 to get what we need shot properly and edited properly as well. The concept is already completed, trademarks and copyrights are in place-- it's just a matter of doing it now. :)

Logan
ledonatello
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

HeroineLegends wrote:
Actually, that is exactly how Hollywood works-- I'm IN Hollywood.
Oh boy...

I don't mean to get into a semantical argument. I'm sure that you do live in Hollywood and you do work in the industry. But if you were in Hollywood, you wouldn't need $75,000 to create a promo.
HeroineLegends wrote:NBC is hurting for material… there are plenty of opportunities to fill a slot
NBC tried Charlie's Angels, and failed. They tried to do a Wonder Woman series, and failed. NBC is probably not the best pathway.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

ledonatello wrote:
HeroineLegends wrote:
Actually, that is exactly how Hollywood works-- I'm IN Hollywood.
Oh boy...

I don't mean to get into a semantical argument. I'm sure that you do live in Hollywood and you do work in the industry. But if you were in Hollywood, you wouldn't need $75,000 to create a promo.
HeroineLegends wrote:NBC is hurting for material… there are plenty of opportunities to fill a slot
NBC tried Charlie's Angels, and failed. They tried to do a Wonder Woman series, and failed. NBC is probably not the best pathway.

NBC may not be the best pathway, but I would also be retaining creative control. There are simple reasons these shows failed. It was the production, not the network. And no worries, there's no arguing here-- but this is what execs have asked for. In order to create what they want, funding is required.

Logan
Gomur
Henchman
Henchman

I applaud you for thinking BIG, Logan. It's an enticing and exciting proposal to see something like Heroine Legends grace our television sets. The last time anything comparable caught my eye might have been, what, Mortal Kombat Conquest? I have no clue how things work in Tinseltown, but I do agree with one of Ledonatello's concerns: a product that becomes more mainstream and less peril-based. Granted, Heroine Legends doesn't push the boundaries of risqué as much as other sites, but that is so much of the appeal for myself and other members of this site.
SuperNemesis
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Logan
HBO

Beauty is subjective, would have to see the girls and costumes. Any prospects regarding the girls? Can you offer some info on what the costumes will look like?

Would it be R-rated, would it have all that rating allows? Brief nudity, topless, partially exposed while in costume, simulated sex. Chloro and bondage simulated sex scenes.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

SuperNemesis wrote:

Logan
HBO

Beauty is subjective, would have to see the girls and costumes. Any prospects regarding the girls? Can you offer some info on what the costumes will look like?

Would it be R-rated, would it have all that rating allows? Brief nudity, topless, partially exposed while in costume, simulated sex. Chloro and bondage simulated sex scenes.
The rating will really depend on the network that it goes to. CBS and HBO have very different ratings structures. The promo we film would need to be PG-13 to allow for more options when we shop it.

As for the girls, they are currently cast as the ones you know-- Thorne, Nightshadow, Celestia, & Allura… of course, they are completely different in this series-- here's a promo photo:

Logan
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Being "in Hollywood" instantly blows money on locations which won't look any better to the audience than similar (but cheaper) locations elsewhere. Don't shows such as Supernatural and Arrow find it's much more economical to shoot in Vancouver, Canada?
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:Being "in Hollywood" instantly blows money on locations which won't look any better to the audience than similar (but cheaper) locations elsewhere. Don't shows such as Supernatural and Arrow find it's much more economical to shoot in Vancouver, Canada?
Once they are funded, sure. But talent, networks, free pilot permits, and every connection I can take advantage of is here in Hollywood-- it's definitely more expensive here… we've had this conversation numerous times just when it comes to filming 'Heroine Legends'… if I was anywhere else, I promise you, I wouldn't need funding. I'd profit significantly. But this is where I am so I have to do what I have to do in order to push these projects out. We are already filming our comedy series now-- we are looking to up the workload.

Logan