Super Man

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

I saw it and hated it. BOOOOOOOOO!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It was OK. Some cool new ideas. I was entertained by it. No real character development. Lois Lane is pretty lack luster.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Mr. X wrote:It was OK. Some cool new ideas. I was entertained by it. No real character development. Lois Lane is pretty lack luster.
What, more Lois Lame?
:D
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
Mr. X wrote:It was OK. Some cool new ideas. I was entertained by it. No real character development. Lois Lane is pretty lack luster.
What, more Lois Lame?
:D

Well if one views this movie as a sort of common female movie then it follows Lois would be lack luster and Superman is a hunk. Like movies where the hero is some common guy and the female is some hot babe (Austin Powers for example). So yeah I think it was aiming at that common girl gets the hunk scenario kind of like a romance novel. Only they don't explore that all that much. The Superman Returns Lois was horrible. I kept rooting for Lex Luthor.
daphne
Producer
Producer

I have to go see it still, debating if I want to spend the money, so you guys weren't really into the chick??
Whats your favorite superman movie??
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

superman and Superman 2. Just the CREDITS In the original movie gave you chills. Much more "magic" in those films then in the rest. Seems to me they could have rebooted it with a different kind of "magic" This was just a FORCED story to try to make Superman more vulnerable as a character emotionally and it took away from the basic story of superman. Thumbs down to me.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

DrObiCaffi wrote:superman and Superman 2. Just the CREDITS In the original movie gave you chills. Much more "magic" in those films then in the rest. Seems to me they could have rebooted it with a different kind of "magic" This was just a FORCED story to try to make Superman more vulnerable as a character emotionally and it took away from the basic story of superman. Thumbs down to me.

Yes I 100% agree that this wasn't "Superman". This was just a hunky guy with super powers. No ideals. No nobility. No greatness. For example they flash back on his life but his father doesn't teach him anything grand. That whole sequence where Superman in #1 was flying around saving people from the earth quake was incredible. In this movie Superman causes more damage to smallville and New York than the villains. No wisdom from Jor El, nothing. So yeah its action and has some nice fight scenes. That's all. But as far as the idea of Superman... its gone. Another franchise like Star Trek murdered in its sleep.
daphne
Producer
Producer

REally?? That Sucks!! Apparently they are just trying to sell the action in the movie instead of the story, which for me ruins it! Thats too bad :(
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

well its not that bad of a movie. Just its not superman really.