Do you want to see Defeated Heroines?!?!

General discussions about superheroines!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote: Really! You're :confused:

Quickly: RE: SAG actors and restrictions: What restrictions would those be? Remember, I was SAG/AFTRA. You can't BS me. Actually, nevermind, I know you're full of...stuff.
:confused: :crazy: :no:
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

SHL wrote:
HeroineLegends wrote: I'll be sitting back as a silent producer knowing it will do well
You do know what silent producers do right? Keyword: Silent.

Congrats on your new venture Logo, hope the other ship hasn't sprung a leak.
No issues with any production, thank you.

Logan
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:

Quickly: RE: SAG actors and restrictions: What restrictions would those be? Remember, I was SAG/AFTRA. You can't BS me. Actually, nevermind, I know you're full of...stuff.
Don't worry about it, not worth the time spent. ;)

Logan
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:

Logan had an answer, or clarification, to this segment you quoted that has you :confused: and :crazy: a couple posts above yours. May be you missed it.

I probably shoulda left it out though and just focused on the Hans Zimmer music piracy thing. You don't have any issues with piracy I guess, right? Hasn 't been an issue for you and your material? I suppose that's why you focused on just this little segment of a post and ignored the rest. I get it. We all have differing views about piracy, copyright violating, ripping audio like music soundtracks and sfx and sticking it in trailers and movies for sale. Yep, I get it. We're just nowhere on the same page on so, so many things. You voted for Romney, right! :cap:
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote: Logan had an answer, or clarification, to this segment you quoted that has you :confused: and :crazy: a couple posts above yours. May be you missed it.

I probably shoulda left it out though and just focused on the Hans Zimmer music piracy thing. You don't have any issues with piracy I guess, right? Hasn 't been an issue for you and your material? I suppose that's why you focused on just this little segment of a post and ignored the rest. I get it. We all have differing views about piracy, copyright violating, ripping audio like music soundtracks and sfx and sticking it in trailers and movies for sale. Yep, I get it. We're just nowhere on the same page on so, so many things. You voted for Romney, right! :cap:
I don't think its professional for competitors to criticize competitor products. That's a conflict of interest. And he said he got it royalty free from a guy's site. Fine with me.

I also find it laughable that producers flat out use supergirl, wonder woman, batgirl and cash in on those personas yet you're not complaining about that kind of piracy.

You voted for Romney, right!
I don't vote since I will not continue to add credence to a broken system anymore than a slave on a plantation should vote to have roast beef or cabbage for dinner.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

HeroineLegends wrote:
Mr. X wrote:

Don't worry about it, not worth the time spent. ;)

Logan
Strange, cause you actually did answer this above. But you have no answer for ripping Zimmer's music, then lying about it, trying to claim you got it from Kevin which isn't true. Yep, for that illegal activity, you have no answers. And yet for your Psygents project, you made a big deal about trademarking that, and copyrighting, and what for, when you have such disregard for others work that you blatantly rip it off and put it in your movies? You amuse me.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html

That's a cool website! Thanks for pointing that out. Yeah I could definitely see you got the music from there judging by a cross sampling. Maybe the people who did inception got their music from the same site. It is royalty free after all.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

Hi DH
The light blue is much better, thankyou.

*sigh* Yes I was pretty sure Lady Wonder would not be available LOL! but she is tuning to watch, if you find anyone close to Kelly I will be impressed and happy.

Would be great if you did find a She Hulk and I don't know what it is about Powergirl but I always liked he rmore than Supergirl.
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
theScribbler wrote: Logan had an answer, or clarification, to this segment you quoted that has you :confused: and :crazy: a couple posts above yours. May be you missed it.

I don't think its professional for competitors to criticize competitor products. That's a conflict of interest. And he said he got it royalty free from a guy's site. Fine with me.

I also find it laughable that producers flat out use supergirl, wonder woman, batgirl and cash in on those personas yet you're not complaining about that kind of piracy.

You voted for Romney, right!
I don't vote since I will not continue to add credence to a broken system anymore than a slave on a plantation should vote to have roast beef or cabbage for dinner.
I make a Romney vote joke, and you comment on that? but not the rest of it, more important part (the paragraph on piracy). Interesting.

I'm not criticizing product, I'm pointing out copyright violating and recommending not doing that. And what he said where he got the music is a lie, the music is from INCEPTION, it's not royalty-free. Maybe he'll change it to royalty-free music, I don't know. I don't think he cares. I know exactly what segments of what INCEPTION tracks he used, cause I have ears (I mean that in the musical sense). In fact, I already pointed out which tunes were used (and for the first tune, the start and end points).

So thumbs up for piracy from you, and thumbs down from me. But you're already biased against me or what I say, so really not much point for us to discuss, cause I'll get contrary view from you no matter what the truth is. We almost always disagree, and so there it is. I know the truth, I know the INCEPTION soundtrack, Logan is a liar regarding the music he used in the trailer, He lied that it's not INCEPTION and he got the music from Kevin, Kevin is not a soundtrack ripper and doesn't put rips of soundtracks on his site and claims it to be royalty-free music that he created. You can take Logan's word for it and not mine, completely expected from you, but so what. If there are any musicians here, or even music listeners with good ears, they know I speak the truth. Shakeshift already recognized the INCEPTION music. And no, it is not soundalike music, it is exactly from the soundtrack, note for note, chord for chord, instrument for instrument, timbre for timbre, it is the soundtrack recording.

BTW, I'm not a competitor to video makers (I don't think anyway). I've never released a superheroine video (shot one, in 2004, never released.)
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html

That's a cool website! Thanks for pointing that out. Yeah I could definitely see you got the music from there judging by a cross sampling. Maybe the people who did inception got their music from the same site. It is royalty free after all.
That's Hilarious. Have you not seen INCEPTION?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inception
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inception/

Heard the soundtrack?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inception_%28soundtrack%29

https://www.google.com/search?q=incepti ... ck+session

Wait. Are you putting me on cause we hate each other? Good one!
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm not criticizing product, I'm pointing out copyright violating and recommending not doing that. And what he said where he got the music is a lie, the music is from INCEPTION, it's not royalty-free. Maybe he'll change it to royalty-free music, I don't know. I don't think he cares. I know exactly what segments of what INCEPTION tracks he used, cause I have ears (I mean that in the musical sense). In fact, I already pointed out which tunes were used (and for the first tune, the start and end points).
well if Logan were to tell us what exact song he got from that site it would pretty much clear it up. And it could be both him and the movie maker got the same royalty free music. I don't think he's lying and I don't think its some whopping big deal. Its a fetish movie and I don't think anyone cares. And with all the royalty free music out there and stuff one can get at sound dogs I don't see the need to snatch some sound track from a movie. Plenty of dark music out there.

As for the political comment, you brought it up.
mrestfla
Sargeant
Sargeant

theScribbler wrote: You voted for Romney, right! :cap:
:ras:
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote:
Mr. X wrote:http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html

That's Hilarious. Have you not seen INCEPTION?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inception
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inception/

Heard the soundtrack?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inception_%28soundtrack%29

https://www.google.com/search?q=incepti ... ck+session

Wait. Are you putting me on cause we hate each other? Good one!
Which exact song from the sound track? You posted a list. And I am NOT going to buy the sound track to prove some point.

Also this one

You mean these songs? I listened to the songs and though it sounds something like the second song he used in the trailer I don't hear any parts that exactly match up. Do you have a time index from BOTH I could start at and listen to?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote: Wait. Are you putting me on cause we hate each other? Good one!
What makes you think I hate you?
Gomur
Henchman
Henchman

Asking us what we'd like to see in superheroine videos is like opening the flood gates! Every fetish will pour down on you from chloroform to fighting to groin punishment, nudity to pantyhose, and so on.

I'll only speak for myself, but I love fight scenes between villainess and superheroine. That's my core pleasure. The confrontation. This isn't always done well, whether it's the editing or fight choreography or models looking uncomfortable in action. Luckily, many producers like Bluestone, NGC, Paris Kennedy, and Heroine Legends, to name a few, have raised the bar for action. And it doesn't always have to be a catfight, it can also be a maniacal device like some high frequency sound emitter. Bottom line: the part of the videos I enjoy the most are watching a strong heroine get taken down believably, with some delicious dialogue to go with it.

I'm a fan of crotch punishment, although it can be showcased to excess - I understand it's sometimes the style of the producer. And I enjoy realistic tones and earnest performances. Nothing wrong with camp, but it's just not my thing. Christina Carter often goes too campy for me. I think Paris Kennedy's productions are right at my comfort zone.

Lastly, I wish you luck with this venture. I'll be keeping a close eye on your progress and, if it appeals to me, you'll definitely have my business.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

OK, well, since you seem willing to give it a try... I'll make it as easy as I can (I think). Sorry about any ads that show up first before you can listen to the INCEPTION track sections.

In this trailer, listen from just before 3 seconds (pretty much as light saber logo sound fades out) to 28 seconds (25 seconds total approx)...
[youtube][/youtube]

And compare to this track called HALF REMEMBERED DREAM from INCEPTION,
listen from about 12.5 seconds to about 38 seconds (25 seconds or so)
[youtube][/youtube]

I mention this in a post above: at the start you'll hear soft high piano notes C and E played together, and then about 6 sec after that, or 9 sec into the top trailer and about 18.5 into the INCEPTION track , you'll hear soft high piano notes G and B, and right after this G-B chord, starts the beginning of very, very soft but getting louder as time goes: low brass playing D note in octaves, in a 2 beat repeating pattern (so soft when it starts you may not hear it depending on your amp and speaker setup), and then some middle D brass comes in eventually. I don't know what your musical listening knowledge is so I don't know how much this info helps, even if it doesn't you should be able to hear they're the same track. Tho at 28 sec in the trailer, the video/audio editor does a volume stutter to the very end not in the INCEPTION (super easy to do), but that's the only difference.

Next INCEPTION tune...

In this trailer, listen from about 32 or 33 seconds to 1:05 seconds (33 seconds total approx)...
(After 1:05, the outgoing logo and music enter, that's not INCEPTION, don't know what that's from.)
[youtube][/youtube]

And compare to this track called DREAM WITHIN A DREAM from INCEPTION
listen from 1:19-1:20 or so to 1:54 (33 seconds total approx)..
[youtube][/youtube]

at about 1:01 in HM trailer and 1:42 in DREAM WITHIN A DREAM, you'll hear the beginning of an same ending chord, that includes a middle-high bass note that portamento descends gradually to a low bass note.

Anyway, give it a shot, let me know.
Last edited by theScribbler 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
theScribbler wrote: Wait. Are you putting me on cause we hate each other? Good one!
What makes you think I hate you?
Maybe cause of the way we often butt heads, and can get surprisingly uncivil with each other. You think maybe there's an opening here where we can put that behind us and try more civility, and less contrary just for contrary-sake. I'm willing to try.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote: In this trailer, listen from about 32 or 33 seconds to 1:05 seconds (33 seconds total approx)...
(After 1:05, the outgoing logo and music enter, that's not INCEPTION, don't know what that's from.)
[youtube][/youtube]

And compare to this track called DREAM WITHIN A DREAM from INCEPTION
listen from 1:19-1:20 or so to 1:54 (33 seconds total approx)..
[youtube][/youtube]

at about 1:01 in HM trailer and 1:42 in DREAM WITHIN A DREAM, you'll hear the beginning of an same ending chord, that includes a middle-high bass note that portamento descends gradually to a low bass note.

Anyway, give it a shot, let me know.
Ok :45 on the sample video and the 1:35 on the DREAM WITHIN A DREAM music video are an exact match IMHO so it looks like you're right. Both tracks are the same.

But I have to admit I've used music from Riddick the game and City of Heroes.
DefeatedHeroines

Rayman wrote:Hi DH

*sigh* Yes I was pretty sure Lady Wonder would not be available LOL! but she is tuning to watch, if you find anyone close to Kelly I will be impressed and happy.

Would be great if you did find a She Hulk and I don't know what it is about Powergirl but I always liked he rmore than Supergirl.
Is it because every time they drew her in the comics, they had a running gag that her boobs had to get bigger every time? ;) lol

DH
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
well if Logan were to tell us what exact song he got from that site it would pretty much clear it up. And it could be both him and the movie maker got the same royalty free music. I don't think he's lying and I don't think its some whopping big deal. Its a fetish movie and I don't think anyone cares. And with all the royalty free music out there and stuff one can get at sound dogs I don't see the need to snatch some sound track from a movie. Plenty of dark music out there.
There aren't any major motion pictures that use royalty-free music or any library music, That just doesn't happen. Major TV shows don't either. However, Discovery and similar type cable channel shows (like reality shows, documentary type shows) do, They'll use music from royalty-free music libs and music tracks from music libs that do require royalty payments. Composers of library music used in TV shows like that fill out cue sheets and submit them to Performing Rights Organizations (like BMI, ASCAP) and they get paid for each broadcast of show as tracked by the PROs.

Well, you know, he is lying. I don't know why tho, or why he stubbornly stands by such an obvious lie. Maybe he's done it for all this time, and ripped-off major soundtrack music is all over the place in his vids (not just INCEPTION tracks, but other motion picture soundtracks) that he doesn't want to have to change it all.

Well, if we were to agree that when people pirate your comics and post it for free, or even sell it collecting money for themselves that they don't pay you, is somewhat a big deal then so is this.

Yes, it's a fetish movie and lots don't care. Lots don't care about ripping off music in general, not just if it's attached to fetish films. I care that some of my music for videogames is on youtube not posted by me, but I give some leeway when they credit me (real name, Scribbler personage doesn't do music!) as I'm a stickler for authorship credit. Or at least, credit the videogame so composer can at least be looked up. Really don't like it when I'm not credited, or worse, those who take credit for my works (this last thing doesn't happen much that I know of, especially with my more well-known videogame soundtracks).

To your last two sentences above: yes and yes.
As for the political comment, you brought it up.
Yeah, but as a joke that put a button on a whole paragraph worth of statements that was the more important subject matter than the joke.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
DefeatedHeroines

Gomur wrote:Asking us what we'd like to see in superheroine videos is like opening the flood gates! Every fetish will pour down on you from chloroform to fighting to groin punishment, nudity to pantyhose, and so on.

I'll only speak for myself, but I love fight scenes between villainess and superheroine. That's my core pleasure. The confrontation. This isn't always done well, whether it's the editing or fight choreography or models looking uncomfortable in action. Luckily, many producers like Bluestone, NGC, Paris Kennedy, and Heroine Legends, to name a few, have raised the bar for action. And it doesn't always have to be a catfight, it can also be a maniacal device like some high frequency sound emitter. Bottom line: the part of the videos I enjoy the most are watching a strong heroine get taken down believably, with some delicious dialogue to go with it.

I'm a fan of crotch punishment, although it can be showcased to excess - I understand it's sometimes the style of the producer. And I enjoy realistic tones and earnest performances. Nothing wrong with camp, but it's just not my thing. Christina Carter often goes too campy for me. I think Paris Kennedy's productions are right at my comfort zone.

Lastly, I wish you luck with this venture. I'll be keeping a close eye on your progress and, if it appeals to me, you'll definitely have my business.

Hey, I say OPEN THE FLOOD GATES!!! I'm ready to film!! Aside from getting the funding together for the first one lol

Fight scenes… well, Logan from Heroine Legends is helping me there, so if you like that series, you'll be in for a treat! I will be bringing the amount of fights down so I can focus more on the peril though ;)

Crotch punishment, check! And do keep your eye on Defeated Heroines… I'll be doing my best to bring you guys what you want!! And more importantly, see if you guys are into what I'm into cuz my influence will be all over it lol

DH
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Well, if we were to agree that when people pirate your comics and post it for free, or even sell it collecting money for themselves that they don't pay you, is somewhat a big deal then so is this.
The complaint I had with my pirated works wasn't so much an individual use but was the taking and sharing it with everyone in some bizarre Robin Hood fantasy. I guess the equivalent is if Logan took the sound track for a movie and just gave it out to everyone for free.

But then how is DC not being compensated for each us of Batgirl, Wonder Woman and Supergirl in countless fetish videos?
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote: Ok :45 on the sample video and the 1:35 on the DREAM WITHIN A DREAM music video are an exact match IMHO so it looks like you're right. Both tracks are the same.
Yep, thanks for taking a listen.
Mr. X wrote:But I have to admit I've used music from Riddick the game and City of Heroes.
Well, admitting is tons better than lying about it. I hope it's royalty-free music in your future!

Hear that, Logan! What's up with the lying? Worth some self-analysing.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

DefeatedHeroines wrote:
Rayman wrote:Hi DH

Is it because every time they drew her in the comics, they had a running gag that her boobs had to get bigger every time? ;) lol

DH
LOL! I am a Brit or at least an Englishman and comics in my era never really seemed avaialbale, my main attraction to PG was Mndi Steele.

I must say I totaly agree with Gomur, except I go moe for stomach punching rathe rthan te crotch but I love the "good" fight and dialogue can make or break a fight scene.
Lady Wonder's first figh scene is one of my all tie favourites, a moan from a seemingly invulnerable superheroine when she takes a hit is very sexy.

And there is so much scope for villans to use weapons and "tools" when fighting a superheroine, a kryptonite bullet for supergirl doesn't have to result in a bloodbath or death but just having it hit her hard and weaken her helping the villans to overpower her is great.

I really hope this all take soff.
Gomur
Henchman
Henchman

Rayman wrote:LOL! I am a Brit or at least an Englishman and comics in my era never really seemed avaialbale, my main attraction to PG was Mndi Steele.

I must say I totaly agree with Gomur, except I go moe for stomach punching rathe rthan te crotch but I love the "good" fight and dialogue can make or break a fight scene.
Lady Wonder's first figh scene is one of my all tie favourites, a moan from a seemingly invulnerable superheroine when she takes a hit is very sexy.

And there is so much scope for villans to use weapons and "tools" when fighting a superheroine, a kryptonite bullet for supergirl doesn't have to result in a bloodbath or death but just having it hit her hard and weaken her helping the villans to overpower her is great.

I really hope this all take soff.
It's close, but I wouldn't call crotch assault a fetish of mine. I do feel there are times to use it effectively. Maybe a villainess is being outclassed by the heroine and, beaten down on all fours, she uses a low blow to turn the tide. Or maybe as an exclamation mark at the end of a hard fought battle, she takes things south of the border.

I do appreciate good body blows and, as the boxing idiom goes, kill the body and the head will follow. It's a sound strategy and, speaking of sound, thanks for calling attention to moans. They often go unnoticed, but they are an important part of any fight.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
The complaint I had with my pirated works wasn't so much an individual use but was the taking and sharing it with everyone in some bizarre Robin Hood fantasy. I guess the equivalent is if Logan took the sound track for a movie and just gave it out to everyone for free.

A producer once said "the internet is the largest copying machine ever invented!" or something like that. Gone are the days of dubbing a CD to a couple cassette tapes for college friends. Now it's super easy digital distribution on the web to surfers everywhere.

The equivalent to what Logan is doing is if I did a 60 page 1920x1080 comic, and on a majority of the pages along with my own art, on each of 50 inner pages I pasted within a 960x1080 frame: a different page from one of your Ms. Americana comics that I didn't license from you, 50 pages of your comic along with some of my art scribbles on the rest of the page. Not cool. And I would never do that. :)

Mr. X wrote: But then how is DC not being compensated for each us of Batgirl, Wonder Woman and Supergirl in countless fetish videos?
Parody law. Along with all the attempted cases people like George Lucas lost due to parody defense winning, and thus DC is likely gunshy. But really, DC would need to win one case that's somewhat significant to turn this all around. They don't seem interested tho.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
DefeatedHeroines

Rayman wrote:I really hope this all take soff.
On point with everything you said! :) I'm really waiting for all this to take off too!! :)

DH
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Wow. A lot going on here over absolutely nothing. Here are the facts:

1) I don't edit my own films other than piecing things together when I get the edits back and then putting my finishing touches on them which is usually in terms of visual effects and color correction.

2) No, I am not lying. Believe what you want. Argue until you're blue in the face. Enjoy it.

3) EVEN IF I, or my editors, who have been strictly informed NOT to use anything BUT the music from the site I provided, DID use the theme to the Matrix or Woody Woodpecker, the bottom line is that the trailer is not for sale so I am not violating any copyright laws. And as someone who has been working with copyrights and trademarks heavily in the last year, I am sure NOT to do so.

4) I actually hope I am wrong and my editor DID use a portion of the Inception soundtrack. I honestly don't care enough to ask because again, I'm selling the film, not the trailer. Fan films everywhere use copyrighted music… and that's okay-- if you know how the law works. If he DID, then I'm sure he thought the same thing I just stated-- people aren't paying for the trailer, so who cares? And you're right, I won't change it.

5) Mr X brought up a point that, of course, you brushed off. Look at all of the producers who use store-bought Supergirl and other Heroine costumes. They don't even change the logo/emblem. Where's your series of rants and post obliterations on that? I honestly don't care, but his point was valid. Your answer of "Parody Law", while holding some weight, means absolutely nothing when you are ranting about a small piece of music in a minute-long trailer that is NOT being sold. Hypocritical and ironic.

6) I think I said it enough but I'll say it again. I don't care. I make movies. I sell them. I take input from fans and viewers. I ignore the attacks. Not worth my time to argue because that's what you're looking for.

7) The title of this post and the purpose of it is to help out a friend. Thank you for making sure he's getting an opportunity to enter this fetish/genre with open arms.

8) I don't care. But I do hope you're having fun over there typing out novels. I certainly did get my typemanship practice. Thank you for that opportunity. :)

Logan
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

yeah sorry I kind of hijacked the thread.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

If nothing else, this deviation from the thread was interesting to follow. From an unbiased standpoint--I like and respect all the work represented in this thread--the music to my ears is from Inception. I have part of the soundtrack and recognized it during the trailer. I don't really care one way or another. If nothing else, it reminds me of the Youtube videos set to other people's music. In the end, good music gets further exposure and people who haven't heard the songs before get to find new music they like.
As for the other points, such as the parody situation and whatnot, that was intriguing from my ignorant standpoint. Didn't know a lot of what was brought up as I have no experience in this field. Cool stuff. And it sounds like everyone is good with one another, so all's well that ends well.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
DefeatedHeroines

Holy crap!! lol I didn't even know this thread existed until a couple of minutes ago! That's some serious research you guys did there. I now know what not to do!! No Inception music, got it! lol

So umm, yeah. If anyone wants to uhh help out, I've gotten a few donations so far which is awesome! Just gotta pay for the girls now :) If you wanna help, just go to DEFEATED HEROINES :)

Hope I'm not interrupting a battle. I'd like to keep my head!! One thing that does baffle me though… Logan is probably the nicest, easiest guy to get along with… Hell, he's helping me out free of charge... I don't understand why anyone would be mad at him here… did he do something wrong to someone? Probably none of my business… but seriously, answer me. lol
DefeatedHeroines

New logo. Super stoked!!

Title screen to be finished tomorrow… hiring talent… 1st location locked down… editors being interviewed now… searching for costume designers and seamstresses… characters made… storyline ready… peril choices and filming style locked down… OMG I'M FREAKING READY TO DO THIS!!!

And now I'll calm down.

No I won't. :yahoo:
Last edited by DefeatedHeroines 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
possum2
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I'm a huge Rogue fan, I'd love to see her get knocked out and face some peril.
I'd especially like to see her take on someone bigger who can really manhandle her.
They could pick her up and ko her with a hangman or backbreaker/torturerack, something that leaves her limp and dangling, with her back arched, and mouth hanging open.
I also like unconscious arm carries and body manipulation.

I think she's long overdue, I have yet to see any good videos of her with a well done costume.

ImageImageImageImage
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

HeroineLegends wrote:3) EVEN IF I, or my editors, who have been strictly informed NOT to use anything BUT the music from the site I provided, DID use the theme to the Matrix or Woody Woodpecker, the bottom line is that the trailer is not for sale so I am not violating any copyright laws. And as someone who has been working with copyrights and trademarks heavily in the last year, I am sure NOT to do so.

4) I actually hope I am wrong and my editor DID use a portion of the Inception soundtrack. I honestly don't care enough to ask because again, I'm selling the film, not the trailer. Fan films everywhere use copyrighted music… and that's okay-- if you know how the law works. If he DID, then I'm sure he thought the same thing I just stated-- people aren't paying for the trailer, so who cares? And you're right, I won't change it.
Sorry, that is just plain wrong. You may not be selling the trailer for profit, but it's still advertising for your profit-making business. You're openly using Hans Zimmer's Inception soundtrack to promote a commercial product.

There isn't some sort of copyright free-for-all for promos which allows any filmmaker to use Hans Zimmer's work with impunity, just because the trailer is the bit they give away for free. I find it frankly bizarre that anyone working in the industry would expect trailer music to be exempt.

As for fan films, they tend to be tolerated by copyright holders for one reason or another. (Probably because it looks bad for large corporations to go after enthusiastic fans.) However, that doesn't alter the fact that DC Comics could stamp out Batgirl Spoiled and every other DC fan film tomorrow.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:
HeroineLegends wrote:3) EVEN IF I, or my editors, who have been strictly informed NOT to use anything BUT the music from the site I provided, DID use the theme to the Matrix or Woody Woodpecker, the bottom line is that the trailer is not for sale so I am not violating any copyright laws. And as someone who has been working with copyrights and trademarks heavily in the last year, I am sure NOT to do so.

Sorry, that is just plain wrong. You may not be selling the trailer for profit, but it's still advertising for your profit-making business. You're openly using Hans Zimmer's Inception soundtrack to promote a commercial product.

There isn't some sort of copyright free-for-all for promos which allows any filmmaker to use Hans Zimmer's work with impunity, just because the trailer is the bit they give away for free. I find it frankly bizarre that anyone working in the industry would expect trailer music to be exempt.

As for fan films, they tend to be tolerated by copyright holders for one reason or another. (Probably because it looks bad for large corporations to go after enthusiastic fans.) However, that doesn't alter the fact that DC Comics could stamp out Batgirl Spoiled and every other DC fan film tomorrow.
Amazing. Truly amazing stuff. Good job. Once again, no one cares. Enjoy listening to your Hans Grubel CD... which I'm sure you pirated anyway. I'm sure you'll reply saying you didn't but we all know better. Sweet dreams, wiki.
DefeatedHeroines

possum2 wrote:I'm a huge Rogue fan, I'd love to see her get knocked out and face some peril.
I'd especially like to see her take on someone bigger who can really manhandle her.
They could pick her up and ko her with a hangman or backbreaker/torturerack, something that leaves her limp and dangling, with her back arched, and mouth hanging open.
I also like unconscious arm carries and body manipulation.

I think she's long overdue, I have yet to see any good videos of her with a well done costume.

ImageImageImageImage
I love Rogue! The cartoon one. And the comic one. Not the movie one. Hmm….
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

HeroineLegends wrote: Amazing. Truly amazing stuff. Good job. Once again, no one cares. Enjoy listening to your Hans Grubel CD... which I'm sure you pirated anyway. I'm sure you'll reply saying you didn't but we all know better. Sweet dreams, wiki.
What an extraordinary personal attack! I'm seemingly guilty until proven innocent of made-up piracy in your imagination. Meanwhile, in reality, you still refuse to acknowledge overwhelming evidence that a composer's work has been used without permission in your promotional material.

Bizarre. :confused:
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
staggerlee
Sargeant
Sargeant

This argument was so unbelievably dorky and obnoxious. I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm not a producer, just a fan of the genre who purchases his fair share of movies. A guy used someone elses music in the free trailer he put online? Who cares? Seriously, next to no one would ever care about this. It's not an intelligent or worthwhile discussion, it's just dorky as hell. These long drawn out arguments ruin this site and totally deviate from the purpose of it. Find something better to do with your time.
possum2
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Rogue was a horrible disappointment in the movies, nothing like the character from the cartoon or comics.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

@staggerlee: totally disagree with you, but no problem, you're entitled to your opinion, your post is noted, discussion is good.

@Heroine Addict: Excellent post, well done. It's good to know more people actually live in reality.

and @Mr. Heroine Legends, thank you so much for this...
HeroineLegends wrote:Wow. A lot going on here over absolutely nothing. Here are the facts:

1) I don't edit my own films other than piecing things together when I get the edits back and then putting my finishing touches on them which is usually in terms of visual effects and color correction.

2) No, I am not lying. Believe what you want. Argue until you're blue in the face. Enjoy it.

3) EVEN IF I, or my editors, who have been strictly informed NOT to use anything BUT the music from the site I provided, DID use the theme to the Matrix or Woody Woodpecker, the bottom line is that the trailer is not for sale so I am not violating any copyright laws. And as someone who has been working with copyrights and trademarks heavily in the last year, I am sure NOT to do so.

5) Mr X brought up a point that, of course, you brushed off. Look at all of the producers who use store-bought Supergirl and other Heroine costumes. They don't even change the logo/emblem. Where's your series of rants and post obliterations on that? I honestly don't care, but his point was valid. Your answer of "Parody Law", while holding some weight, means absolutely nothing when you are ranting about a small piece of music in a minute-long trailer that is NOT being sold. Hypocritical and ironic.

6) I think I said it enough but I'll say it again. I don't care. I make movies. I sell them. I take input from fans and viewers. I ignore the attacks. Not worth my time to argue because that's what you're looking for.

7) The title of this post and the purpose of it is to help out a friend. Thank you for making sure he's getting an opportunity to enter this fetish/genre with open arms.

8) I don't care. But I do hope you're having fun over there typing out novels. I certainly did get my typemanship practice. Thank you for that opportunity. :)

Logan
Will get to this somewhat soon, just want to quote it now for posterity! So much to discuss. You are a wealth of misinformation that future producers (actually all producers) should be steered away from. Cheers!
HeroineLegends reply to Heroine Addict wrote:Amazing. Truly amazing stuff. Good job. Once again, no one cares. Enjoy listening to your Hans Grubel CD... which I'm sure you pirated anyway. I'm sure you'll reply saying you didn't but we all know better. Sweet dreams, wiki.
"Truly" is absolutely the word. Factual, accurate, dead on. "Good job" is really true cause what Heroine Addict posted is truth to your remarkable misinformation.

Who is this Hans Grubel? I couldn't find this CD. Link me. Or is this some slight to Zimmer cause he's German? Probably you can voice your displeasure without involving race, I'm guessing.

"I'm sure..." [accusation, libel this], "I'm sure..." [unsupported drivel that]. "Sweet dreams, wiki" [?]

For a self-proclaimed "I don't care" poster, thanks for caring enough to post.
DefeatedHeroines wrote:Hope I'm not interrupting a battle. I'd like to keep my head!! One thing that does baffle me though… Logan is probably the nicest, easiest guy to get along with… Hell, he's helping me out free of charge... I don't understand why anyone would be mad at him here… did he do something wrong to someone? Probably none of my business… but seriously, answer me. lol
This sounds an awful lot like Logan writing about himself! Almost as if Logan wrote this...nahh, couldn't be, could it.. I'm sure he didn't, I'm sure you're a different person and this isn't...OK, not sure at all, but no proof, so not making the claim. Just surmising. But OK, I will "seriously, answer" you,.. later. Stuff to do.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
cdrei
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

theScribbler wrote:Who is this Hans Grubel?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Gruber

I'm guessing there was a typographical error. :unsure:
DefeatedHeroines

Hey, leave me out of this please. I'm new to this whole thing and would prefer not to start in a feud. Arguing over the internet over absolutely nothing is ridiculous anyway, right? So he might have a snippet of some song in his trailer. Let the copyright holder go after him. That's the only one who matters, right? He's a producer. If you wanna show you're mad at him, don't buy his stuff?? I mean that would be the way to do it, yeah? I'm gonna not post on this thread anymore to save face or whatever… just wanted to put in my 2 cents for what it's worth… maybe 2 cents? More importantly, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who gave me a warm welcome before the half hour of scrolling through a different topic I had to do to get to the bottom here. :wolverine:
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

staggerlee wrote:This argument was so unbelievably dorky and obnoxious. I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm not a producer, just a fan of the genre who purchases his fair share of movies. A guy used someone elses music in the free trailer he put online? Who cares? Seriously, next to no one would ever care about this. It's not an intelligent or worthwhile discussion, it's just dorky as hell. These long drawn out arguments ruin this site and totally deviate from the purpose of it. Find something better to do with your time.
I completly agree with you, this tiresome off topic discussion could have been done privately, we as a forum users couldn't care less. It seemed more like a frontal attack done publicly on purpose ... :unsure:
DefeatedHeroines

I agree, how are you guys? (I just said I wasn't going to post on here anymore. Dammit)
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Rouge would be cool as she never shows up in SHIP.

Also though would be cool to see her do a storyline or something as a baddie or under baddie control, using her power draining on another heroine.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

This thread needs more pretty ponies.
cdrei
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Mr. X wrote:This thread needs more pretty ponies.
:laugh: Doc Legume flashback. Whoa.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

Mr. X wrote:This thread needs more pretty ponies.
Ponies??? Any equines roaming around here are likley to end up in the meat grinder that used to be a fun forum.....

Where is the love guys! The world is f****ed up enough without even more infighting and hate.
DefeatedHeroines

I agree!! Thank you for the mental image of ponies going through a meat grinder by the way, lol so….. Batgirl or Batwoman?

Oh and this is hot:

…just saying. Girls holding their own breasts works for me… tell me I'm not alone. Because I will be telling my actresses to do the same thing :cylon:
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

This is quickly approaching the levels of some of the Cristina Carter rage/rants that happened back with WW XXX a couple months. Should probably close off this thread.

Logan a small tip as well, I understand it sucks when you get flack as a producer but you'd be better not even responding to it than responding the way you do. I've seen more than a few times when you personally attack posters and it's a big time turn off to see a producer respond this way rather than just let it roll off.