HOTEL ROOMS

General discussions about superheroines!
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

Producers- Just a curiosity: Why are Hotels used for filming so much?
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Some producers can't afford or don't have access to studio space or better sets. In these scenarios, hotel rooms were a relatively low cost choice. It used to be super common in the earlier days of the genre, but isn't as widely accepted now just due to better budgets and better production quality.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Where would you recommend that doesn't involve expensive rent or telling the landlord you're shooting some adult video?

And the hotel room serves two purposes. The girl stays there overnight if you fly her in AND its a shoot location.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

leave the hotel rooms to Anthony Melchiorri.....I'm not in the business of making superheroine/bondage/peril/fetish films, but IF I were, I'd use my house and surrounding areas, but that just may be me.....I have a basement with workroom where in just a few minutes, can arrange it to look like a 'sinister warehouse' or 'peril room' or whatever. I have my wood working benches and various tools and tables that can easily be made to look like a bondage room or something similar to a 60s Batman set. My back yard is fenced and I also have various rope bridges and ponds and things to give the scenery some diversity, along with a large shed .....I've actually been contacted by a very popular WW model who asked to film in and around my house, and if it weren't for the wife and kid, I'd probably say YES. But like I said, I don't have the ability to film these things right now, but I'd certainly love to if I could! A little imagination and the right surroundings go a long way!
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It's always funny when the hotel room is supposed to be the villain's lair. Perhaps the set should be acknowledged within the story?

"You WILL marvel at the power of my little plastic kettle!"
"You WILL consume the complimentary mint OF DOOM!"
"Hello, reception. I'm trying to upload the unmasking of Batgirl to my YouTube channel and the Wi-fi keeps cutting-out. Considering how much I'm paying, this really is poor customer service."
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

avenger wrote:leave the hotel rooms to Anthony Melchiorri.....I'm not in the business of making superheroine/bondage/peril/fetish films, but IF I were, I'd use my house and surrounding areas, but that just may be me.....I have a basement with workroom where in just a few minutes, can arrange it to look like a 'sinister warehouse' or 'peril room' or whatever. I have my wood working benches and various tools and tables that can easily be made to look like a bondage room or something similar to a 60s Batman set. My back yard is fenced and I also have various rope bridges and ponds and things to give the scenery some diversity, along with a large shed .....I've actually been contacted by a very popular WW model who asked to film in and around my house, and if it weren't for the wife and kid, I'd probably say YES. But like I said, I don't have the ability to film these things right now, but I'd certainly love to if I could! A little imagination and the right surroundings go a long way!
That's cool and all but a lot of producers don't own a house. They may live in a small apartment or they may have room mates who don't want them shooting there. Those who do have houses also often have children. Additionally a lot of producers shoot at events like fetishcon where they're not near their home.
As knotty as I wanna be! http://www.clips4sale.com/store/10033
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Knotty Guy is correct. At trade shows like FETISHCON everyone has to shoot in their hotel rooms (unless they get a master suite, which is $450+ per night) and it's difficult to get models to go off-site because most of the good ones are booked solid and that travel time cuts into your schedule in a very noticeable way. You lose enough time that it directly cuts into your profit margin.

Hotels are just sometimes unavoidable.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Before I moved, and back in the day when models were spread out all over the country, I knew which models I wanted in my videos so I would have to travel to them and that meant shooting in hotel rooms.

Plus, with studio rentals, you are usually restricted to a time limit where hotels you could check in, set up your lights and shoot as much as you want. Also, studios rent for anywhere between 50 - 100/hr and hotels were a set price. Especially in the beginning, when budgets were tight, a hotel room was a good deal.

Most of the time, we got the point across :)
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Plus if you check around you can get some hotel rooms with adjacent living rooms or even offices. One room I got had an office meeting room as you entered the hotel room then the sleeping area. And again the room obviously doubles as the girl's room when you fly her in.