KITHOS

General discussions about superheroines!
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

I bought one video from KITHOS and enjoyed it ok. My main draw to her is her cute innocent little face. Another thing I noticed she did twice was a pair of tan tights UNDERNEATH a pair of colored tights. SUPER HOT OT ME! Anyone a "regular" purchaser of hers? I have been close to buying more but can't quite pull the trigger? What say you all? The rest of her vids any good?
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

I am a big fan of Angelique herself but not such a fan of her videos, she is tall and beautiful and I would love to see her play WW in what I would call a decent movie.
Angelique has been working with Miss Velvets which is promiisng.
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
staggerlee
Sargeant
Sargeant

I've purchased a few videos from her site, a lot of them are SO close to being good but in my opinion, miss the mark. Angelique is, as the previous poster said, tall and beautiful. I'm a huge fan of her look. Unfortunately, a number of the videos I purchased from her had either technical issues, or just questionable content (elongated scenes that didn't need to be there, poor camera angles/audio/editing). Really a shame too, because lot's of her costumes are perfect coupled with her incredible look. Another issue, for me, was that Angelique basically blasted me over at heroinemovies.com for giving my opinion in the comments section regarding one of her movies. She acted as if I was being malicious just for having criticisms of a product I paid good money for, and even went as far as to accuse me of being another producer (I am definitely not, way too lazy to be a producer). That was all certainly a turn off.

I did buy Midnight Avenger: Broken, Mazed, and Confused from her C4S store and REALLY enjoyed that one. If they make more on that level, I'd be interested. I can see a lot of potential here, I think maybe Angelique just needs to work with the right producer.
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

A fair few decent vids - in fact 99% of her vids are better than the majority on C4S IMO. Particularly more recent ones - the effects work has come on leaps and bounds.

Personally would suggest "Wonder Kithos: 400 Feet of Rope" and "The Cry of A Captive Bird: Black Kanary" of the recent ones - fair amount of content for decent prices.

What I would say about the comments relating to scenes that don't need to be there is consider that her vids have a better $ per min value than a large proportion of producers on clips4sale. Sure there are bits which are about telling some semblance of a story, but you're getting between 5 and 10 mins (sometimes as much as 20 mins) effectively free content.
drh1966
Sargeant
Sargeant

staggerlee wrote:Angelique is, as the previous poster said, tall and beautiful. I'm a huge fan of her look.....Another issue, for me, was that Angelique basically blasted me over at heroinemovies.com for giving my opinion in the comments section regarding one of her movies...That was all certainly a turn off.
Have to agree with you over her look, she fills out a WW costume quite nicely. But her vids are meh. I keep hoping she'll produce something I'd like to buy but it never seems to happen. Like you pointed out, she is rather thin skinned and that's a real turn off. If you're going to put yourself out there, you have to expect that some people aren't going to like you or your product. Then again, with most performers, their locus of control is external so anything that is not complimentary isn't going to be received well.
"There's no feeling quite as exciting as that of having a helpless superheroine in your arms"
olhif
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Angelique is great. The superheroine videos with bondage are great.

I order a custom recently with her, I have some caveats, but the final result was great to me.
TightsLover
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

I'm not a fan. She's tall but that's about it. There are better Wonder Woman videos to spend my money on.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

I enjoy her enthusiasm and willingness to try different costumes but the content is largely "meh" for me. Her forced orgasm videos are an absolute joke, there's one where the actresses are actually OOC and laughing at each other while supposedly being mind controlled using a vibe on the other. I enjoy her work more when she's with another producer like some of the stuff she did with League of Amazing Women but overall I tend to stay away from her C4S store.
dlo005
Elder Member
Elder Member

I agree...im not a big fan of her c4sale stuff
Such are promises
All lies and jest
Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest Simon & Garfunkel
GMan2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

drh1966 wrote:
staggerlee wrote:Angelique is, as the previous poster said, tall and beautiful. I'm a huge fan of her look.....Another issue, for me, was that Angelique basically blasted me over at heroinemovies.com for giving my opinion in the comments section regarding one of her movies...That was all certainly a turn off.
Have to agree with you over her look, she fills out a WW costume quite nicely. But her vids are meh. I keep hoping she'll produce something I'd like to buy but it never seems to happen. Like you pointed out, she is rather thin skinned and that's a real turn off. If you're going to put yourself out there, you have to expect that some people aren't going to like you or your product. Then again, with most performers, their locus of control is external so anything that is not complimentary isn't going to be received well.
I have to agree with this as well. I too am a fan of hers...and for a Wonder Woman character, she does really well. Her costume isn't the greatest, but you can tell that she's put some work into it to make it her own. No argument on how well she fills it out either. But she is rather 'thin skinned' when it comes to mentioning anything you may not like with a production of hers. She takes it right to heart and comes out fighting over your opinion instead of listening. Nobody wants to 'argue/fight' with a producer. And I'm sure producers don't want to do that with their customers either...but her and another (unnamed but frequented here often in the past) were 2 that just took things to personally (IMO). And I'd imagine, that if you want to be a producer in this genre, you'd best have a thick skin.

Angelique's recent release, 400 feet of rope.....that looks good. Almost had me purchase it too. But I wanted to hear more about it first. Her description I felt was a tad weak. I just don't want to buy a movie that has a quick knock out, and a majority of a heroine squirming around while bound up. So I'd like to know more of what it contains...and C4 preview clips SUCK.

But for 'the look', Angelique is awesome. Tall, beautiful, and fills every costume she wears quite nicely.
But for herself and her husband and a production team? Good, but need to improve. Obviously not everyone is going to be a Rye, or a Christina...Or even some of the other Producers on scene lately (Heroine Legends comes to mind)...not everyone can be them. But at LEAST they're all willing to listen to the yays and nays of their customers. (Big downer IMO for AK)
drzod
Henchman
Henchman

She is beautiful and I'm a fan of some of her work. I've purchased a few of her videos. I agree with some of the comments about the potential of her videos. What really turned me off before was some of the editing and camera angles in the videos I purchased. It takes me right out of the fantasy when you hear someone giving direction during a scene or mugging to the camera. I wish time had been taken to edit those moments out of the video. There are a lot of superheroine stores on C4S and I've probably sampled the majority of them. As with anything, some are better than others. While her product may not be up to the production level of Rye, Christina Carter or Heroine Legends, I think it is worth checking out if you're interested.
staggerlee
Sargeant
Sargeant

The worst part is, if she would just listen to criticism instead of taking it as a personal attack, she'd see there's a ton of people out there (i.e. everyone in this thread) who WANT her to succeed and produce great content. You're NEVER going to make that happen unless you listen to what the people purchasing your product have to say, good or bad. The fact that she got angry and suggested I was a jealous producer or something simply because I had criticisms of a video I as a paying customer was disappointed with (there was a scene where Angelique stopped the action while behind the camera and directed the acting talent... and it wasn't edited out. seriously) was honestly shocking to me.

I will say I think her stuff is improving, sort of. That Midnight Avenger video was AWESOME but the Blaze video I just bought from her store was a big let down.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

I agree with so much being said here.
I bought all of Dawnstars work with Angelique and I loved her own huntrexxx original costume.

I found a couple of clips on Niche from J Velvets or EvW with AK so snapped them up but sadly they were not really superheroine themed.

I think SHL should bring AK into their wondergirl vids as Hannahs big sister as an awesome wonder woman because after broken city wondergitl sure needs a hand LOL!

I can dream or should we start a petition? :cylon:
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

She is beautiful and has done some good work with other producers. However, the quality of the videos I have seen from her site has been a disappointment.
TedMichaelsDamsels
Neophyte
Neophyte

This is an informative thread, and I find the thoughts presented extremely valuable. I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to put their opinions down for us to go over. I work with Angelique on many of her videos. She is not allowed to post here which is why I am responding on her behalf. Most importantly I find the information too helpful to not respond to personally. I also do not find it balanced for a discussion to happen about a person that cannot take part to show they care about the information.

One thing I will say is that Angelique is very responsive to the opinions of fans. She reads these posts and constantly adjusts her work to reflect the feelings and thoughts of fans and customers. I have seen Angelique do a number of things over the past year to discuss viewer thoughts. She spends much more time on script development, lighting and blocking out scenes. She has taken heavier control over the direction process. Quality results from planning, and that is a growing focus for her. She is also taking much more control over the direction process. I am not a super-heroine producer and she hits the mark much more solidly when she holds the reigns of director.

One area that benefits from clarification is custom videos. Angelique works on a number of these and they are not pure super-heroine content. It is nice to share these with everyone. They have value in certain respects, and it is nice for them to be seen. A number of the videos that raise questions though are these videos, and confusion arises because there is no clear idea of who is in charge of direction for these movies. She is already in the process of identifying the director for clips she provides to give people a much clearer idea of what they are getting into with a clip purchases. I feel that clips under her direction are well received by some fans while customs are received well by an entirely different group. Informing these differing groups in descriptions will be a big help to prevent confusion about what might be in a clip.

Another areas of clarification is a response to critique. Regardless of the thickness of anyone's skin, I see Angelique putting up corrected versions of her clips based on customer and fan response. I see few to no other producers on C4S doing this. I do not find it a money grab when someone spends hours of their time post-release to correct specific areas of comment from customers and fans. That in my mind shows a dedication to quality beyond the sale. The large goal for the past several months has been making sure that corrections are not needed, and that falls on my shoulders. I just plain do not edit as well as Angelique does, and I am stepping down from helping in that area to focus on the manual labor aspects of production.

I would like to delve deeper into this as I find general feedback helpful and specific feedback invaluable. The post in mention strayed in my opinion because it was hard to spot the areas of specific concern and attempts to drill down into this did not mature in actionable areas of adjustment. This post has a great example in stating that certain scenes go on too long. That is valuable. What is a good length in someone's mind? That is invaluable. The former provides an area of inquiry. The latter provides an action item. General concerns can create a hit or miss scenario. If a scene is shortened too much because of guessing then it becomes an issue again. I think Angelique has done well honing in on what folks want, but one man's junk is another man's treasure. Specifics tend to get addressed first and general comments are handled iteratively throughout a series of clips.

As for having a thin skin I read the post you refer to staggerlee. I feel there was a break-down in communication, and I view it as that rather than either party being overly contentious. I do however apologize for that leading to your current impressions. Angelique tried to remedy this breakdown in communication by offering you free clips. In a business with such tight profit margins giving away free clips to mend fences is about as thick-skinned as it gets. I try to view people on all of their actions, not just a small part of one thread. Perhaps opening up a dialog again with Angelique and a fresh start? We would love to factor your thoughts into future productions!

Thank you to all and taking the time to help Angelique continue improving her productions :)
Ted
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

TedMichaelsDamsels wrote:This is an informative thread, and I find the thoughts presented extremely valuable. I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to put their opinions down for us to go over. I work with Angelique on many of her videos. She is not allowed to post here which is why I am responding on her behalf. Most importantly I find the information too helpful to not respond to personally. I also do not find it balanced for a discussion to happen about a person that cannot take part to show they care about the information.

One thing I will say is that Angelique is very responsive to the opinions of fans. She reads these posts and constantly adjusts her work to reflect the feelings and thoughts of fans and customers. I have seen Angelique do a number of things over the past year to discuss viewer thoughts. She spends much more time on script development, lighting and blocking out scenes. She has taken heavier control over the direction process. Quality results from planning, and that is a growing focus for her. She is also taking much more control over the direction process. I am not a super-heroine producer and she hits the mark much more solidly when she holds the reigns of director.

One area that benefits from clarification is custom videos. Angelique works on a number of these and they are not pure super-heroine content. It is nice to share these with everyone. They have value in certain respects, and it is nice for them to be seen. A number of the videos that raise questions though are these videos, and confusion arises because there is no clear idea of who is in charge of direction for these movies. She is already in the process of identifying the director for clips she provides to give people a much clearer idea of what they are getting into with a clip purchases. I feel that clips under her direction are well received by some fans while customs are received well by an entirely different group. Informing these differing groups in descriptions will be a big help to prevent confusion about what might be in a clip.

Another areas of clarification is a response to critique. Regardless of the thickness of anyone's skin, I see Angelique putting up corrected versions of her clips based on customer and fan response. I see few to no other producers on C4S doing this. I do not find it a money grab when someone spends hours of their time post-release to correct specific areas of comment from customers and fans. That in my mind shows a dedication to quality beyond the sale. The large goal for the past several months has been making sure that corrections are not needed, and that falls on my shoulders. I just plain do not edit as well as Angelique does, and I am stepping down from helping in that area to focus on the manual labor aspects of production.

I would like to delve deeper into this as I find general feedback helpful and specific feedback invaluable. The post in mention strayed in my opinion because it was hard to spot the areas of specific concern and attempts to drill down into this did not mature in actionable areas of adjustment. This post has a great example in stating that certain scenes go on too long. That is valuable. What is a good length in someone's mind? That is invaluable. The former provides an area of inquiry. The latter provides an action item. General concerns can create a hit or miss scenario. If a scene is shortened too much because of guessing then it becomes an issue again. I think Angelique has done well honing in on what folks want, but one man's junk is another man's treasure. Specifics tend to get addressed first and general comments are handled iteratively throughout a series of clips.

As for having a thin skin I read the post you refer to staggerlee. I feel there was a break-down in communication, and I view it as that rather than either party being overly contentious. I do however apologize for that leading to your current impressions. Angelique tried to remedy this breakdown in communication by offering you free clips. In a business with such tight profit margins giving away free clips to mend fences is about as thick-skinned as it gets. I try to view people on all of their actions, not just a small part of one thread. Perhaps opening up a dialog again with Angelique and a fresh start? We would love to factor your thoughts into future productions!

Thank you to all and taking the time to help Angelique continue improving her productions :)
Ted

I very much appreciate your coming to the thread. I feel like there was another thread like this because I vividly remember posting in one, but my comment is not here. I once commented on "thin skin" as well, as she seemed to get very defensive of critiques a while back. Now, that seems to have gotten better, which is great.

She did tell me that she has done several videos with simulated sex, but I only remember the Catwoman one, which the sex only lasts about 10 seconds. Could you or anyone else lead me in the direction of them?
TedMichaelsDamsels
Neophyte
Neophyte

ranger87 wrote:I very much appreciate your coming to the thread. I feel like there was another thread like this because I vividly remember posting in one, but my comment is not here. I once commented on "thin skin" as well, as she seemed to get very defensive of critiques a while back. Now, that seems to have gotten better, which is great.

She did tell me that she has done several videos with simulated sex, but I only remember the Catwoman one, which the sex only lasts about 10 seconds. Could you or anyone else lead me in the direction of them?
I am happy to be part of the conversation. We try to pay attention to everything we can and continually evolve both content and messaging. Feedback is extremely important, and we want people to feel comfortable with any thoughts be they good or bad.

Yes, the Catwoman scene was very short. In fact she chastised yours truly for not extending it past 2-4 minutes. Angelique has two more clips with more extended simulated scenes, and my understanding is that they will be in the rotation for October. The feedback on this content is wonderful because she wants to add more but has needed an idea of both the demand and the "sweet spot" for duration for these scenes. For those that do not prefer simulated I will point out that one of Angelique's changes to feedback several months ago was to start keyword tagging her clips so that people can hone in on things they enjoy and avoid things that turn them off.
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

I have a custom in the works with Angelique and am really looking forward to seeing how it comes out. Hopefully it will be ready soon! :D
EvilBilly :twisted:

"In the words of Socrates... I drank what?"
TedMichaelsDamsels
Neophyte
Neophyte

EvilBilly wrote:I have a custom in the works with Angelique and am really looking forward to seeing how it comes out. Hopefully it will be ready soon! :D
I can check on the status of it for you EvilBilly.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

TedMichaelsDamsels wrote:
ranger87 wrote:I very much appreciate your coming to the thread. I feel like there was another thread like this because I vividly remember posting in one, but my comment is not here. I once commented on "thin skin" as well, as she seemed to get very defensive of critiques a while back. Now, that seems to have gotten better, which is great.

I am happy to be part of the conversation. We try to pay attention to everything we can and continually evolve both content and messaging. Feedback is extremely important, and we want people to feel comfortable with any thoughts be they good or bad.

Yes, the Catwoman scene was very short. In fact she chastised yours truly for not extending it past 2-4 minutes. Angelique has two more clips with more extended simulated scenes, and my understanding is that they will be in the rotation for October. The feedback on this content is wonderful because she wants to add more but has needed an idea of both the demand and the "sweet spot" for duration for these scenes. For those that do not prefer simulated I will point out that one of Angelique's changes to feedback several months ago was to start keyword tagging her clips so that people can hone in on things they enjoy and avoid things that turn them off.

Great to hear, I can't wait for those videos.

I personally think the longer the better, but 4 minutes is a nice mark for the duration of sim-sex scenes. I don't want to compare you to other producers, but as a reference, Punished Heroines and Superheroineworld have nailed the sweet spot on those types of scenes, in terms of duration and content.

I think a sim-sex scene is a great way to finish off a heroine and a video. For example, your recent Blaze: A Beaten and Broken New Superheroine had tons of amazing ideas...I just think that the sim sex (complete with a fake cum shot over her face or costume) would just put the cherry on top of that defeat and humiliation.

It doesn't need to be the absolute focus of a video, but used in combination with other content, it can be quite powerful. When a heroine is defeated, broken, and her costume shredded, all in front of a vile villain, I think it's the natural conclusion.
TedMichaelsDamsels
Neophyte
Neophyte

ranger87 wrote:I personally think the longer the better, but 4 minutes is a nice mark for the duration of sim-sex scenes. I don't want to compare you to other producers, but as a reference, Punished Heroines and Superheroineworld have nailed the sweet spot on those types of scenes, in terms of duration and content.

I think a sim-sex scene is a great way to finish off a heroine and a video. For example, your recent Blaze: A Beaten and Broken New Superheroine had tons of amazing ideas...I just think that the sim sex (complete with a fake cum shot over her face or costume) would just put the cherry on top of that defeat and humiliation.

It doesn't need to be the absolute focus of a video, but used in combination with other content, it can be quite powerful. When a heroine is defeated, broken, and her costume shredded, all in front of a vile villain, I think it's the natural conclusion.
I appreciate the references. It's always great to know what people keep in the back of their mind when they make comparisons. It is so much more pleasant to look at a concrete reference than try to figure out what, "they do it better" means. Don't get me wrong, sometimes "they do it better" is the correct critique, but in cases on quantity and duration examples are most often the most helpful.

I imagine the conclusion of a story can vary, but I agree that certain scenarios do write their own conclusions. A campy villain would never think of doing such a thing (at least in a viscerally real manner), but someone who is enough of a rat-bastard to break a heroine's ankle would certainly going down that avenue of peril and humiliation. Gritty minds tend to harbor gritty thoughts.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

ranger87 wrote:I personally think the longer the better, but 4 minutes is a nice mark for the duration of sim-sex scenes. I don't want to compare you to other producers, but as a reference, Punished Heroines and Superheroineworld have nailed the sweet spot on those types of scenes, in terms of duration and content.

I appreciate the references. It's always great to know what people keep in the back of their mind when they make comparisons. It is so much more pleasant to look at a concrete reference than try to figure out what, "they do it better" means. Don't get me wrong, sometimes "they do it better" is the correct critique, but in cases on quantity and duration examples are most often the most helpful.

I imagine the conclusion of a story can vary, but I agree that certain scenarios do write their own conclusions. A campy villain would never think of doing such a thing (at least in a viscerally real manner), but someone who is enough of a rat-bastard to break a heroine's ankle would certainly going down that avenue of peril and humiliation. Gritty minds tend to harbor gritty thoughts.
Well, if you ever want concrete examples, I'm happy to do so...I think the first Black Falcon vid from Superheroineworld is a good reference...also, the first sim-sex scene from the new Skyfire: Villains United video.

I personally love seeing producers try new things, or increase the quality of their vids. I very much look forward to more videos of this darker nature in the future, and I hope you'll notify us on the board here when those upcoming vids that feature sim-sex get released!
TedMichaelsDamsels
Neophyte
Neophyte

ranger87 wrote:Well, if you ever want concrete examples, I'm happy to do so...I think the first Black Falcon vid from Superheroineworld is a good reference...also, the first sim-sex scene from the new Skyfire: Villains United video.

I personally love seeing producers try new things, or increase the quality of their vids. I very much look forward to more videos of this darker nature in the future, and I hope you'll notify us on the board here when those upcoming vids that feature sim-sex get released!
We will most assuredly provide an update. My goal is to provide release information as new material becomes available as well as discuss the material with everyone interested.
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

EvilBilly wrote:I have a custom in the works with Angelique and am really looking forward to seeing how it comes out. Hopefully it will be ready soon! :D
I can check on the status of it for you EvilBilly.
Thanks for your help, Ted! I'm really looking forward to the end result!

TedMichaelsDamsels
Neophyte
Neophyte

I like how it turned out, then again I like anything that involves Wonder Kithos!
staggerlee
Sargeant
Sargeant

TedMichaelsDamsels wrote:As for having a thin skin I read the post you refer to staggerlee. I feel there was a break-down in communication, and I view it as that rather than either party being overly contentious. I do however apologize for that leading to your current impressions. Angelique tried to remedy this breakdown in communication by offering you free clips. In a business with such tight profit margins giving away free clips to mend fences is about as thick-skinned as it gets. I try to view people on all of their actions, not just a small part of one thread. Perhaps opening up a dialog again with Angelique and a fresh start? We would love to factor your thoughts into future productions!

Ted
I appreciate your response and you opening up this discussion in a mature manner. I would like to correct you, however, and state that Angelique did not offer me anything at all. She in essence attacked me for having criticisms, accused me of possibly being a disgruntled producer, and insulted me (http://www.heroinemovies.com/angelique- ... more-19116) - in terms of free clips, here is exactly what she said "9/10 times I have sent free clips to truly unhappy individuals who expressed that unhappiness in a more, shall we say, adult manner." - which was super offensive to me, because as a customer, it is in no way my responsibility to point out technical glitches/oversights and e-mail you to tell you to correct them. If you're selling the product, it's on you to produce a quality product, end of story.

Having said that, I do feel your videos have been improving overall. And as I said before, if I see something that interests me I'll still likely purchase it. I wish you all the very best, I really do. I just don't take kindly to people who sell these videos treating me like i'm some kind of asshole for having a negative opinion (especially when it's in no way baseless), which was my only problem ever with Angelique (hard to be mad at such a smoking beauty). I think it's great you've come here to get honest feedback and discuss with us.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

From the quote you posted here, it seems to me that Angelique had more of a problem with the way you presented your comments rather than the comments, themselves.

Having not seen your actual comments, I can't judge whether or not that interpretation is justified. But I do customer service in my job, too, and I can tell you there's nothing more frustrating than a customer who posts hyperbolic, hysterical, and/or unprofessional comments about something you worked hard on (not that I am saying you did). Often, it's very hard to stay professional when responding to such a post because it seems so unfair.

On the other hand, hard as it is, you kinda have to stay professional if you are running a business. If you respond to your customers comments (however unfair they may be) in an unprofessional way, others will see it and you will lose business - no matter how right or justified you are.
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

Still waiting for my custom; paid for in mid-August, was initially promised by early-September. Delivery date has been pushed back several times, latest was end of last week. Sent a follow up with no reply.

ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

EvilBilly wrote:Still waiting for my custom; paid for in mid-August, was initially promised by early-September. Delivery date has been pushed back several times, latest was end of last week. Sent a follow up with no reply.
Sorry to hear that, man. That's rough.
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

Still waiting for my custom; I had communicated with Angelique's husband Ted, sounded like I was going to receive it a few days ago but still waiting.

TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

That really sucks. I order a lot of customs and I like to try out a lot of different studios. And I honestly don't mind if making my video takes a while. I understand that there are a lot of scheduling issues and it's not easy to make a great video. I'd rather have a studio take their time and do it right.

If the studio let's me know that my video will shoot in a couple of weeks or a couple of months, that's fine. If there's a delay and they e-mail me to let me know, I'm cool with that.

But when your promised deadline comes and goes and they don't even bother to update you, I have a problem with that. And if you e-mail them and they don't respond, I immediately start to wonder if I've been ripped off.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt and send a follow-up e-mail if I don't get a response after a few days. But if they don't respond to that one, that's when I start getting pissed. Unfortunately, you don't even really have much legal recourse. All you can do is post on forums like this one and warn others of your bad experience.

Personally, I find it stunning that anyone that runs a business of any kind would leave themselves open to such bad publicity by neglecting their customers. How hard is it to reply to an e-mail and let people know what's going on? It's just bad business and word gets around fast.

Most times, when I am ordering from a studio I never used before, I order something small so I can try them out before I commit to a larger, more expensive project.
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

Tie N' Teez, I see you understand my issues. I had assumed that Angelique Kithos would be reputable to work with as she has worked with other producers I have ordered customs from. Plus she runs an active C4S store. I had run my idea past her, as I know that the content I like isn't the most popular and she was OK with producing my custom. She quoted me a price ($300) and I agreed without arguing/haggling.

For some folks that isn't a lot of money, but for me it is.

olhif
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

My experience with Kithos.... yeah she has a really problem in reply email and I didn't like this.
Like TIEnTEEZ told, I dont have problem in wait the time that the producer give me, make a good video, I dont have problem in wait.
But when you dont have any information or forecast is really frustrating, give at least a time for the video are done.

Anyway Kithos sent me the video. I liked the final result. But I understand your point EvilBilly and yes $300 is expansive for me as well, but probably like you, I love order custom and I allow myself to make a sacrifice for this. Custom video are pure confidence with producer beacuse in any problem the injury is all ours.
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

Hi, Olhif:

Angelique did give delivery dates; several, as a matter of fact. Between her and Ted I must have received close to a half-dozen different dates. I suspect that she decided not to film the custom because she didn't feel the content would sell well on her site, although she approved the plot and sent a (paid) PayPal invoice. The latest date was last week, and now I'm not receiving any replies.

I suspect your custom plot was in-line with what appears on her sites.

TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah, that's another issue. A lot of studios offer "custom" videos. But they have a very limited definition of "custom". A lot of them seem to expect a very vague framework - maybe a bit of story and a few details of what you want to see and then they take it and just do what they usually do and ad lib a lot of it.

But the minute you start getting into real specifics, or anything that will take them the least bit of extra effort, or require them to do something new or different, they balk or raise the price.

Which is fine, as long as they do it before you pay. But if you pay for a video, that, to me, is a commitment, and they should follow through.

BTW... $300 is a lot of money in general for a lot of people. But it's really a very good price for a custom video. Anything with more than one person in it, or a custom costume is going to cost a lot more, in my experience.
olhif
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

This is really sucks if she not shoot a custom that you paid.
I can understand sometimes troubles happen and the producer need change your script, but dont shoot the video is inadmissible.
let us know about news, like the friend said we need warn other fellas about bad experiences in custom videos.
AshleyGraham
Henchman
Henchman

Well, I'll happily take the custom work from her. I give dates and try to maintain open communication. Of course some things come up, but I don't think this is acceptable business behavior. I hope you get your custom. BTW, this isn't the first time I've heard a story like this about Kithos. I've had a few fans tell me they had the same issues and models who also heard the same from fans. It's too bad
Camvoy
Producer
Producer

From what I understand, she's been dealing with being sick as of late.
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

Yes, I saw that post on her Facebook page as well. But according to Ted the custom was filmed and in process of being edited/rendered. It was supposed to have been ready 2 weeks ago, but now I'm not getting replies to my inquiries. What bugs me is that she saw and approved my plot and took my money.

I wish there was some legal recourse I could take; if anyone knows which forums Angelique and Ted post on I'd appreciate feedback. People deserve to be warned.

Camvoy
Producer
Producer

I know when I've dealt with custom orders, I usually try to get those taken care of as soon as possible. I have a regular who custom orders photo sets and I like making sure that customer's taken care of before I deal with the other stuff I shot that particular shoot. Granted, my workload isn't exactly as heavy as most others, but still it's fun to piece together the customs for people with the eager anticipation that it was done just to their liking. It's a nice rush getting that thumbs up afterward.

Hopefully all that's able to be squared away with your order with Angelique. I know from being around her and Ted in the past, both are big on making sure they have the details right and like making things good for their customers. If you haven't gotten it yet, I'd like to think there's a reason for it and like I said, hopefully it can all be squared away and all be can be well again.
TedMichaelsDamsels
Neophyte
Neophyte

I just sent you a response EvilBilly.
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

Received and read, Ted (rhyme unintended). Interesting point of view, but not surprising at this point. Threatening not to produce something that's been paid for (and obviously not filmed, as stated earlier)? Way to go.

Also interesting that you are considering a refund minus expenses since YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING.

TedMichaelsDamsels
Neophyte
Neophyte

Evil,

Nobody has threatened not to produce. My words were as follows:

I am working with you on this because Angelique has no interest in conversing with you since you tried to reverse your payment. I have passed this on to Angelique as well as your forum posts, and she is deciding on when time will be devoted to your custom or whether to refund you MINUS her expenses including wardrobe and time. I hope that we can come to a more congenial understanding again and continue to move forward. Antagonism will only stall things, especially since Angelique has retired from fetish modeling.

There is no threat of anything intended. I understand that you are upset but emotion does not change the wording of my email, only the interpretation. As for expenses a blue zentai suit was purchased, and I put together items for the set.

Ted
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Wow, after reading this thread, I will never buy from Kithos again. Threatening not to produce a paid custom, then also not offering a FULL refund? I try to be respectful to producers, but taking this long, and not having even shot the thing? And now playing the "she's retired" card? That's not cool. This very much echoes everybody's bad experiences that they've had with her that are detailed throughout this thread.

I won't make personal insults, but I find this sort of situation extremely unprofessional. I have had customs from numerous producers. If you agree to content, and you take money, then you film it and deliver. That money is somebody's livelihood. And that sort of lack of communication when you have an open order is insulting to anybody who's ever ordered a custom.

Back in October, Ted stated that he liked how the shoot turned out. Now, supposedly, it was never filmed? This whole process stinks to high heaven. If she's retired, it's probably for the best. This community is relatively small, so bad experience spreads quickly. And that is predominantly what is featured on this thread: Bad experience.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Odd she is retired when her C4S site is continuously updated. Bad business what happened here, especially since it appears nothing was ever filmed and it was implied that the custom was being worked on. :thumbsdown:
staggerlee
Sargeant
Sargeant

Wow. I can't believe this. I had my beef with Kithos in the past, but this just takes the cake. What awful, lousy crooks. The fact that Ted has the nerve to try to blame you for "antagonizing" things when all you want is to receive what you paid for and were promised just blows my mind. I too will NEVER EVER buy anything from Ted or Kithos again. Scumbags.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Just the fact that EvilBilly had to come to this forum to get a response is more than enough reason for me to never, ever even dream of doing business with Kithos. Not that I was likely to do so, anyway, as I've never really liked her videos. :)
korda
Henchman
Henchman

She's retired? :blink: EvilBilly, you should be grateful to her instead of coming here to complain. She was doing a favor to you. :rolleyes:
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

korda wrote:She's retired? :blink: EvilBilly, you should be grateful to her instead of coming here to complain. She was doing a favor to you. :rolleyes:
A favor for stealing my money? Oh, yeah... What was I thinking?

getoffthshed12000
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

korda wrote:She's retired? :blink: EvilBilly, you should be grateful to her instead of coming here to complain. She was doing a favor to you. :rolleyes:
If you've been reading this thread, she wasn't retired when she agreed to shoot the custom and take his money. And now she's not delivering on her end.