What role do you like your stories written from?

Want to just talk about stories? Float a request, do some research, recruit a partner in crime? Then come on in and have yourself a pint.

What role do you like your stories written from?

The Villain First Person
4%
The Heroine First Person
32%
Witness First Person
4%
The Villain Third Person
No votes
The Heroine Third Person
39%
Witness Third Person
21%

Total votes: 28
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I have been thinking about writing some stories of the SHiP persuasion and wondered what role and perspective most members enjoy. I personally like the role written from the villains point of view, but what do you like? As always feel free to share more info about content interests below! Looking forward to sharing!

HF84
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

In my stories I always do both.

I like seeing what's going on with the heroine in her secret ID, dashing to change, what she's thinking going into action. I also like seeing the villain's perspective, as they plan their trap, learn the heroine's weakness, and then the rush they get as the superheroine is captured.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I like to vary it in my stories. But it is usually from the heroine's point of view; either third (more often) or first person. Occasionally I take it from the villain's viewpoint. Like a comic panel, I try to think of which viewpoint will best get across the moment of peril without jerking the reader around so much he or she gets whiplash. :laugh:

It would be interesting to read a story from a villain's perspective where they're overly confident instead of the heroine being that way.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Great input guys, I have an idea brewing! It seems to be a toss up between heroine third and witness third. I have not written a story from a witnesses point of view, so that might be really fun. Kinda leaning that way! Once I start writing I most likely wont stop lol so I am sure there will be a few stories on their way.
Leadpoison
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Yeah I had a toss-up between heroine 3rd and witness 3rd. Ended up voting heroine.
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Oops. I was too quick in making my choice. I think I should have selected "heroine 3rd person" instead of "witness 3rd person".
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I use third person omniscient, which allows you to switch viewpoint as needed. Generally I focus on the heroine's POV, though, because after all she is the star of the story. I don't care for a story told from the villain's POV, because to my way of thinking that makes him the star of the story, which I don't like because I want the heroine to ultimately win.
cdrei
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I either favor that third person omniscient or I use the heroine as first person narrator. In the latter case, I usually try to emphasize the first person heroine as unreliable narrator. I usually prefer that a third person narrator not be a character or direct participant in the story.