Jennifer Lawrence

General discussions about superheroines!
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

So after watching Hunger Games Catching Fire I keep asking myself why Jennifer Lawrence isn't playing Wonder Woman instead of what's her name??
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Her name is Gal Gadot.

As to JL, it might be cause she's Mystique.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Leadpoison
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

JL is delicious as apple pie, but Gal has an exotic quality about her that I think fits WW.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I just kept seeing her as WW while watching the movie last night; the dark hair, blue eyes, physicality, ability to fight and handle weapons,and not to mention her body. Most of that movie could be a WW audition tape in my opinion. She's young enough to do a few movies and just has a lot of characteristics to be WW.....oh well, what could have been
kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

If this incarnation of WW isn't successful on the big screen...it will NOT be because of Gal Gadot. I am convinced of that. A lot of other actresses COULD have been hired for the role, but they weren't. She was.

Why would somebody like Jennifer Lawrence, who's already had a breakthrough role...want to put up with the kind of scrutiny and nit picking that Gal Gadot is dealing with? She wouldn't. Sure, the issues people would have with her wouldn't be the same as with Gal...but they'd be there. She's a star, and at the point where she can pick and choose the roles she wants to do. If Jennifer indicated to Zack Snyder that she wanted to play WW...she'd most likely be playing WW. I just seriously doubt that this was ever a legitimate option.

I'm just going to choose to be happy with what we have.
Maskfan
Henchman
Henchman

After seeing the new 300 movie, I can now see WW...and her name is Eva Green
korda
Henchman
Henchman

avenger wrote:So after watching Hunger Games Catching Fire I keep asking myself why Jennifer Lawrence isn't playing Wonder Woman instead of what's her name??
That's what I wrote another day after watched it, Jennifer Lawrence is perfect for the role and the girl has the Gravitas that a project with WW really needs. I'm afraid that Snyder's vision of WW will be just a beautiful princess fueled with crack and zero charisma. And there are news saying that Ben Afleck will leave the project citing "personal problems or creative differences" (pot/booze and the backlash). If the rumors are confirmed, the lack of confidence in this project can increase the already deep distrust that this movie will be a trainwreck.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The bogus rumor from january about Ben leaving was debunked. it's march now, he's still Batman.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

I still think Gina Carano would have been a great Wonder Woman. Although with her ex-boyfriend playing Supes, well that might have been awkward. :D
EvilBilly :twisted:

"In the words of Socrates... I drank what?"
heroinefan429
Henchman
Henchman

Gal Gadot is hot. And I'm sure she'll beef up for the role so there really isn't a problem.