New Robyn Costume - Help Design It!

General discussions about superheroines!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey all,

Ive been working on some ideas for a new Robyn costume.

Im going to show you some ideas that I liked and what the final version looks like, but I'd like to hear what you guys think...

Here are a few pictures I have gathered from the web..
6839500285_5b8695ab4b_z.jpg
I thought this Robyn costume was cute and a little sexy, a nice throwback to the original.
6839500285_5b8695ab4b_z.jpg (238.94 KiB) Viewed 9220 times
female_robin_by_cartoonfanaticdude22-d5hpmy3.jpg
Im digging the green tights here and she looks like a spuny little sidekick heroine!
female_robin_by_cartoonfanaticdude22-d5hpmy3.jpg (193.33 KiB) Viewed 9220 times
female-robin-costume.jpg
Again, digging the tights, but the low neckline which would be good for heroines with ample boobage.
female-robin-costume.jpg (20.94 KiB) Viewed 9220 times
female-robin-2.jpg
A 2-piece rendition that I was considering. Thoughts?
female-robin-2.jpg (52.39 KiB) Viewed 9220 times

And this is the final rendition that I went with. Thank you to Scribbler and to Domi666 for the artistic help!

I wanted Robin to show a little more skin. I also like how the sneakers elongate the leg. Before a few years ago, it was hard to find Robin boots that weren't too clunky looking. There are better options out there now, but I think the sneakers would be a good first look.
Anyway, let me know what you all think!
Robin_v2_zps27e00bfb.png
Robin_v2_zps27e00bfb.png (614.75 KiB) Viewed 9220 times
I realize we have to move the "R" badge a little lower, onto the breast area, but use your imagination for now :)
labink61
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I like the red leotard with the green tights and no green converse high tops
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I have only seen one Robyn costume I'd actually care to see in a video, and it was something used for the classic "slutty ______" Halloween type of costume. This is entirely a matter of taste, but the Robyn costume has seemed to be both a terrible costume for the character, and when used for a female it seems as though she looks too much like a guy in that outfit when the female has short hair.
For me to buy a Robyn video, I would want something closer to the last example (the drawing) with a model who looks very feminine. But that's just me and one potential customer is hardly worth basing a costume on.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Love the concept drawing! Go with that!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I agree with the open low neckline being a good option for the larger bosomed ladies to showcase their talents.
I think the red tunic needs to be a little longer or it gets obscured by the belt.
My personal preference would be elbow length or above the elbow gloves.
Key question though - what length is the cape gonna be?
Again my preference would be for a hem length ending just above the base of the ass cheeks.
Green sneakers can work but I was never a fan of those stupid pixie boots in the show.
Just my 2c.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I love the second and third pics with the green tights and leather boots.

Maybe you could use both looks? Have a traditional "rookie" Robyn in the yellow cape in some videos and a darker modern Robyn in others?
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Right. The drawing is the style I am looking to go with.

I also like the red leotard idea with green tights and, sure I think we could probably do both looks. along with alternate foot wear...

I also like the idea of having elbow length gloves. That's something I had thought about earlier but neglected to put in the drawing...
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Good call on the elbow-length "Opera" gloves. They always look great.

Is there any chance you could put "Granny" boots with the costume?

The Converse sneakers and Burt Ward's pixie slippers both look really asexual to me.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Of these, I like the first one the best, except there's a little too much overhang of the red top over the green shorts.
Also... one thing that a Robin character HAS to get right for me is the mask and hair. The mask and hair in that second photo are just awful.
Robin should have short black hair, maybe shoulder-length and a really sexy mask. None of these masks are really doing it for me. The best one is the drawing of the blond with the ponytail. But even that's not quite right. It needs to be sharp-pointed like Nightwing.
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

Butt wards costume on a girl is PERFECT!!!! Please use tights too! Pretty much the costume used in SHL's robin captive games.Just about perfect!
getoffthshed12000
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Typically, Robyn is played by a smaller framed female, as she is the younger, more girly sidekick to a more mature, statuesque Knight/Batwoman. So I personally don't mind if the costume isn't designed for an extremely curvaceous woman. I always think of Jade Indica- shorter, not real large up top, but a nice butt, and still very sexy. I do like the concept art, a little more skin isn't a problem! I also like the 2-piece showing the midriff with short shorts, something a little different, but still attractive and a more "girly" look. And the sneakers aren't bad, I think they're an improvement over the pixie slippers.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Haha, yeah we have to use some imagination when looking at this pics.

For example, #2, pay no attention to the hair or mask. And I agree none of the masks are "ideal" but Im leaning towards a batman 66 style mask vs. Nightwing, even though I like that mask, Im thinking about saving it for another character.
DrObiCaffi wrote:Butt wards costume on a girl is PERFECT!!!! Please use tights too! Pretty much the costume used in SHL's robin captive games.Just about perfect!

So I am guessing you are voting for style #1! And tights you mean flesh, or... ? Green? :unsure:
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

DrObiCaffi wrote:Butt wards costume on a girl is PERFECT!!!! Please use tights too! Pretty much the costume used in SHL's robin captive games.Just about perfect!
I liked the Captive Games costume too. Although the green leather boots could have used some heels. I particularly liked how the red tunic came off to reveal the green leotard underneath. The bob haircut was pretty cute too.

http://heroinemovies.com/store/robyn-captive-games/

It's a shame SHL's later Robyn videos made her look so asexual with the boyish haircut and Converse sneakers. Maybe other people liked the changes, but I thought they completely ruined the character's look.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I've seen so many Robin costumes and so far they all miss the mark somehow, I keep waiting for someone to just come up with the perfect one.
If that last drawing is what you are leaning toward, then I would go with hotpants/shorts rather than a high-waisted bottom like that. And the hair is too long. Otherwise, I'm good. :)
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

TIEnTEEZ wrote: If that last drawing is what you are leaning toward, then I would go with hotpants/shorts rather than a high-waisted bottom like that. And the hair is too long. Otherwise, I'm good. :)
I guess hair length is the one thing that's very difficult to get right for everyone. Unless Robyn is going to wear a decent quality wig, specifying hair of a certain length will severely limit MH's choice of models. Particularly if Robyn also needs to look right alongside whichever model is playing KnightWoman.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Do we really want the female Robin looking like Burt Ward!? That would be kind of.....weird. I mean, as I'm looking at the spunky little female crime fighter in her revealing costume, the last thing I want to visualize is Burt Ward! No offense to the man, but when you're developing a new persona, we shouldn't be seeing Burt Ward. That's just my thought....I would find it hard to be turned on by a female who looks too much like Burt Ward, and I guess herein lies the problem when you're dealing with such a specific costume and color scheme. Too much green and red and yellow makes me think of Burt Ward. Deviate from the usual colors and it might work.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well Im a spandex guy so I like the costumes to be clingy wherever possible. I always thought the leotard UNDER the tunic was too much fabric, regardless of the chest size of the girl. It's definitely a more faithful look, but I am looking to update it and make it a little sexy at the same time.

What's everyone's opinion on green sleeves? Keep em or get rid of them and use elbow length gloves instead?

What is your opion on keeping a tunic style top or making it a straight leotard? Again, I want this to be a nod to the BW costume, not a re-creation of it.
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I prefer the costume in the Robin v2 drawing. No model is going to look like Burt Ward in that.
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I should add that I hate the green Converse Chuck Taylor tennis shoes. Get some kind of green boots.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Best(and sexiest) Robin outfit I have ever seen:
Its the skin tight light green shorts/panties that are the key.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Even though she's recently gone to the dark green shorts,I think the lighter colors show more detail of a woman's body(camel toe,etc..)
Awwwwwwww :)
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

.........and needless to say she MUST have pantyhose :)
mrestfla
Sargeant
Sargeant

My Favorite...
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

What about a high-necked but sleeveless top, something that exposes a lot of shoulder. Such a top can also expose the entire upper back.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

mrestfla wrote:Image

My Favorite...
LOVE a girl in glasses :)
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

....and Heroine Addict's shoes he mentioned.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

MightyHypnotic wrote:What's everyone's opinion on green sleeves? Keep em or get rid of them and use elbow length gloves instead?
Well, how sleeves would look with the gloves depends on the gap between the top of the gloves and the bottom of the sleeves. If there's not enough of a gap, a couple of inches of exposed arm would just look weird.

If it comes down to an either/or decision, I'll always pick long gloves.

MightyHypnotic wrote:What is your opion on keeping a tunic style top or making it a straight leotard? Again, I want this to be a nod to the BW costume, not a re-creation of it.
If you're going for a straight leotard, maybe something an acrobat might wear would be appropriate?

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Loooove them gloves HA!
:thumbup:

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The long gloves are cool and the green granny boots are cool, all you have to do is get the other pieces right while trying to satisfy a thousand different tastes.....good luck with that! :)
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here's another variation. Looking at it now, I think I should've added more length to the cape, just a bit..
GS_Robin1966_02_zpsdf2b4673 (1).png
GS_Robin1966_02_zpsdf2b4673 (1).png (715.51 KiB) Viewed 8899 times
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Are you having the cape especially made? If so, maybe it could have the bottom corners at arm-length and the center just above the buttcheeks?

You suggested something similar for KnightWoman's cape in another discussion.
MightyHypnotic wrote:I was thinking about a design idea where the points come down a little more so the bulk of the cape sits right at the top of the crack of the but and the other pieces could drape down and as she moves around, the cape would swish out of the way but you would still be able to see her butt at a standstill.
Last edited by Heroine Addict 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

How about a lower neckline or maybe a laced up one that gives a glimpse of the chest.?
Think you are right about the Cape but loving the boots and gloves.

TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

MightyHypnotic wrote:Here's another variation. Looking at it now, I think I should've added more length to the cape, just a bit..
Well, you've definitely got the hair and mask right in this one. :)
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

[quote="MightyHypnotic"]Here's another variation. Looking at it now, I think I should've added more length to the cape, just a bit..
[attachment=0]GS_Robin1966_02_zpsdf2b4673 (1).png[/attachment][/quote]
I think the cape is the right length on this one. Although, I think a mask should be optional.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Heroine Addict wrote:Are you having the cape especially made? If so, maybe it could have the bottom corners at arm-length and the center just above the buttcheeks?

You suggested something similar for KnightWoman's cape in another discussion.
MightyHypnotic wrote:I was thinking about a design idea where the points come down a little more so the bulk of the cape sits right at the top of the crack of the but and the other pieces could drape down and as she moves around, the cape would swish out of the way but you would still be able to see her butt at a standstill.
That picture brings up another FANTASTIC character called PRINCESS or JUN THE SWAN from Battle of the Planets/Gathaman.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just want to be fair and let you guys know this is Domi666's artwork. I am merely making suggestions and he's bringing it to life.

The cape will be specially made and the same rule as Knightwomans cape will apply. RIght above the butt.

So I think we're pretty close. Im also of the opinion that there can be 2 versions of the costume, and sometimes she could have sneakers and sometimes boots. I'll do my best to find a pair that will do the costume justice. I also have a woman who is willing to make them for me but she is pricey soooooooo that's where I am at with this at the moment.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

tallyho wrote:How about a lower neckline or maybe a laced up one that gives a glimpse of the chest.?
This would be good for a busty model, but I think if you're casting a more waiflike model, the above high-neck-exposed-shoulders look is more flattering.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

MightyHypnotic wrote:I just want to be fair and let you guys know this is Domi666's artwork. I am merely making suggestions and he's bringing it to life.

The cape will be specially made and the same rule as Knightwomans cape will apply. RIght above the butt.

So I think we're pretty close. Im also of the opinion that there can be 2 versions of the costume, and sometimes she could have sneakers and sometimes boots. I'll do my best to find a pair that will do the costume justice. I also have a woman who is willing to make them for me but she is pricey soooooooo that's where I am at with this at the moment.
So are you going with the concept of the edges hanging down lower than the center? Either in the "wings" style pictured above or in the slightly simpler style pictured below. While the butt remains visible from the back, the longer edges would give Robyn (and Knightwoman) a more graceful look as the cape swishes and flows.

I'm pleased to see the designs so far fasten with the traditional collar and button. String ties always look a bit too "party shop" to be worn by a superheroine.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Any news on the Robyn costume, MH?
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The hotter the girl, the better looking the costume! All these Robyn costume ideas look pretty decent to me. There's a part of me that wants to see a version with a skirt with slit. I know, it's not easy designing by committee.

:ybat: :hq:
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Masmune
Henchman
Henchman

Hi,

FWIW I like the original 2nd photo with the green tights.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Vaguely related:

This pic of Superman & Lois going as Batman & Robin for Halloween is pretty cute, though it does raise some questions about exactly how Clark views his fellow crimefighter's relationships...

I'm also quite partial to this pic by Andy Price:

So much so that I wrangled this commission (by which I mean begged one of my buddies to pay for it) from Oo_Sebastian_oO of Hentai Foundry:

patmac4
Henchman
Henchman

Krissy Lynn as crimefighter Robina from the Bluebird film BATFXXX. Great costume
Attachments
24259_379549224614_6970251_n3.jpg
Krissy Lynn as Robina from the movie BATFXXX
24259_379549224614_6970251_n3.jpg (69.4 KiB) Viewed 8422 times
Krissy Lynn as Robina from BATFXX.jpg
Krissy Lynn as Robina from BATFXX.jpg (55.62 KiB) Viewed 8422 times
Krissy Lynn as Robina from BATFXX.jpg1.jpg
Krissy Lynn as Robina from BATFXX.jpg1.jpg (68.52 KiB) Viewed 8422 times
Krissy Lynn as Robina from BATFXX.jpg1.jpg2.jpg
Krissy Lynn as Robina from BATFXX.jpg1.jpg2.jpg (54.83 KiB) Viewed 8422 times
EvilDaria
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

MightyHypnotic wrote:Here's another variation. Looking at it now, I think I should've added more length to the cape, just a bit..
This one is OK by me for the young ingénue Robin/Robyn. I agree about the cape length, but allow us her butt cheeks peeping out below.
Elbow length opera gloves on heroines are great, but work better for me if they are leather [although the price is probably prohibitive].
The footwear on this version is a good compromise, although I too would like to see the Victoria "granny" boots referred to above.
If this character has been around for a while she might have developed a different style of costume, with armour and less flesh on display. But my personal taste is for the earlier character.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Those pics above with Lois and Clark as BM and Robin, just show more and more why Robin should have been a female character in the 60s show, lol.
stationk
Henchman
Henchman

The classic costume is a winner on a girl, specially if bare-legs are used :)

I think the green shorts should be a one piece leotard while the red 'shirt' is buttoned on top of it.

I like the use of green converse instead of boots and a short cape, the short cape gives a more juvenile look. And don't forget the little mask ;)

Classic costume is the winner costume :)
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah thanks for reminding me :)

I have Shyla Jennings coming in and we are going to be setting up a fitting for her. But I am most likely making 2 of these for our B/G section of the site. I am still deciding who will play our Robyn for the B/G side of things...

Now that I am back full time I'm excited to start working on some great videos again!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

So to get back with this, I don't know if I am a fan of the leotard PLUS the tunic look..

The two choices are thong or french cut panties and hose or possible a leo like the 2nd pic. Maybe I'll just create both :)