STING OF THE BUMBLEBEE (Revised edition)

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
KNIGHT0107
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Bumblebee sat back trying to pick the shards of tar off the tar from her costume after another botched attempt at apprehending Metro city's notorious thugs. What was originally a surprise attack on an electronics heist turned into a fiasco for her. She walked right into a trap, overpowered the wind knocked of her and left dangling a vat of tar. Luckily Young Tiger and the others were there to clean up her mess. "Looks like we bailed your butt out again" Sparrow joked. "What's that supposed to mean" Bumblebee (Cameron) shot back.
"Young Tiger looked at her a bit more comfortably and sighed.”Nothing it's nothing" she replied. "No it is something, Cameron spat back.”You have something on your chest" Sparrow let's get it off". Sparrow looked at her and just chuckled. "Look it's alright. I'm not in the mood"... "Let it go" Young Tiger insisted. "No!" Bumblebee announced. "I'm sick of her crap" smart remarks, comments, come on bird girl what are you trying to say?" She knew she touched a nerve with that "bird girl" comment.
Sparrow suddenly wheeled on her about to knock her into tomorrow, but slowed down when she saw Bumblebee cowering. "See that's what's it’s about" she commented in disgust. Bumblebee was stunned by that remark. Sparrow needed to regain her cool but what she needed to say couldn't be contained and in a second the words just kept pouring out.

“It’s like you are a disgrace to super heroines." Here again you take on a case, unprepared, walk into a trap, let your self get beat up, you let them make a fool of you. Yeah these scum suckers are going to prison but they are laughing at you. Bumblebee the wimpiest super heroine"... "That's enough!" Young Tiger insisted but Sparrow was on the roll now. Didn't you learn anything in the 60'S, at that famous agency besides how to look cute and fly around in leotards? This is 2006 girl wake the hell up. Luckily I and Young Tiger were not on duty otherwise your butt would have been really fried". But everyone is not always going to be at your beckoning call. You want to be a super heroine then ACTS like it or else gets out this before you really get hurt or killed. Over the past 2 months' we had to save your butt more times than we can count and we're sick of it. You’re even giving us bad reps now because we're the ones who hang out with klutzy. 'Well I'm done saving your butt understand. This is it. At first it was ok but this is ridiculous. Seriously as they say shape up or ship out. Really thou this isn't for you. So just retire now and save us all a lot of trouble later. “Bumblebee just stared at Sparrow completely numb.”Oh what you are going to pout and cry now typical”.”SPARROW SHUT UP" Young Tiger insisted. "You are scared of your of your own shadow. You can't even fight your own battles someone else is always there to clean up your messes NOT ANYMORE" Sparrow concluded and breathed sigh of relief. " Bumblebee removed her goggles and wiped at her eyes. Sparrow just chuckled. Young Tiger moved to her and put her arm Bumblebee's shoulder. "She didn't mean" Young Tiger began. "EVERYWORD" Sparrow insisted. Come on stop babying her. You know you feel the same way. Remember we all talked about it. So stop playing suck up". Bumblebee looked at Young Tiger with deep eyes. "Do you" feel it also" Bumblebee questioned. "The TRUTH". “
'There was a hardening in Young Tiger's throat but she had to say it.
"Well not how Sparrow put it, but yes, you lack in the toughness category. You are not a fighter, a gymnast yes, but you need that toughness as well. And that's how everyone knows your weakness because you are not aggressive or strong. You just don't have it.
I'm sorry. But you are my friend, and such. And I would rather have you in one piece than a thousand broken ones. I don't want to come to some
crime scene and find your corpse. That is the one thing I most fear. So please I'm begging you now. Please get out before it's to late."
"Do us all a favor please?" Sparrow mocked. "Come on Young Tiger let's get back to OUR duty" "I'm, I'm sorry" Young Tiger faded. As she looked back at Bumblebee against the wall. They soon departed.
Bumblebee was alone now. More alone than she ever felt. She wanted to cry but couldn't. Just a huge empty feeling in her stomach. She looked towards the sky and shot upward. She just wanted to get back home and forget this night ever happened.
The evening news was all a buzz about the electronics bust how Sparrow and Young Tiger saved the day and again and there was some small mention about Bumblebee getting rescued AGAIN. Cameron angrily threw her glass against the television and it shattered into a million pieces. She threw herself on her bed. "NO! I'm not going to cry I'm not, I'm not". She kept insisting, but then the emotion got to overwhelming and she finally sank into her pillow muffling her sobs. After a while of waterworks she finally sat up dry eyed and looked at her costume still covered with tar.
Luckily she had a few spares but still. Those words rang harsh in her head.
Even when she finally drifted to sleep, images of her being trapped, beaten over and over were finally too much for her. In the middle of the night she awoke with a cold sweat and let out a deafening scream. Luckily no one else in the building heard her. At was at that moment she knew what she had to do.

The following week was an unusual week for Cameron, the Bumblebee was not in action and many had thought that she suddenly disappeared after the last fiasco.
But way down on the Upper East Side in a some what swanky apartment like apartment the lair of the Emerald Dragon, Cameron sat on a couch rather awkwardly while her friend Young Tiger looked at her quizzically while her older counterpart paced about in a concerned manor. “Are you serious” Young Tiger’s eyes flashed once. “Very” Cameron replied. “This is probably the most serious decision I had to make and it wasn’t easy. Emerald Dragon slowly moved toward Cameron, her green spandex workout suit rustling against Cameron’s right leg. “I applaud your courage” young one” she commented. But I am worried that you might not be ready for this. For this is no easy picnic and it’s not a thing where this is like a crash course” “Don’t you think I know that??? Cameron commented. “But what else is there?” Xiang is greatest master ever known he taught many super heroines including yourselves. This is what I need to prove myself.” But to whom?” Emerald Dragon announced. “To whom do you have to prove yourself to? Young Tiger commented. “You know Sparrow she’s always a hothead at first. But over the past few days she’s had what you call guilt complex, she wanted to apologize,” “I don’t want her apology” Cameron shot back. “She’s right. I’m a disgrace” “Emerald Dragon quickly moved to Cameron to almost strike her herself her eyes glared directly at Cameron. “NEVER” are you a disgrace!” You are special in your own way” you do not to show how strong or tough you are to be super-heroine. It’s what’s in your heart that counts. Your courage alone makes you special and if anyone else thinks different then that’s their problem. You do not need to prove yourself to anyone.” “But I need to prove to me” Cameron pleaded.” I’m tired of everyone coming to my rescue all the time. One time it may too late. I need to know I can do this, for myself. You asked me who I need to prove myself too. Me.” Now are you going to help me for the last time or do I have to do it myself”?

For a second there was a deafening silence in the room. Young Tiger was speechless and Emerald Dragon looked at Cameron and slowly moved away toward the large window. “Xiang is somewhere in the Himalayans. There is a village beneath the mountains. You will need to go there first, and then you will begin your trek across the mountains. There is another village within the mountains once you pass there, look for the highest peak, there you will find him” Then she quickly turned to Cameron. “But I tell you this” Once you have begun with him there is no turning back for the word “quit” does not exists in his vocabulary.” “Cameron looked at her. “ I-I understand” she replied. Emerald Dragon smiled at her. “Then I wish you success. May you find what you seek. There is no one greater to learn from than him.” She embraced Cameron. Young Tiger” looked at her friend a little speechless trying to hold back her tears. “You come back in one piece ok” she choked. “I will but don’t tell anyone where I’ve gone. In fact just tell them I’m on vacation Cameron replied. Cameron slowly waved a final farewell to them as she vanished in the elevator. Young Tiger” slowly looked towards Emerald Dragon. “Will she really make it” she questioned. Emerald Dragon slowly sighed. “Only the winds can tell, only the winds can tell.”
Doubleb66
Henchman
Henchman

Nice revision! I like your style. Looking forward to reading more soon. Keep up the good work!
superpics4les
Elder Member
Elder Member

Here's hoping Bumblebee will get her sting from this mysterious Sifu in the mountains! Nice revision! Please post more! 8)