Superheroine Carries

General discussions about superheroines!
athenaartemis
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Some questions for superheroine carry fans.

1) Do prefer over the shoulder carries or the marriage "over the threshold" carry? or don't you care?

2) Do like or hate pans over the body of a sleeping heroine while the villain stands and holds the sleeping heroine?

3) If space is limited, would you prefer a short walk off set or longer carries with the heroine being carries back and forth on set?

4) What other things do you like in carry shots?

5) What mistakes in carry shots do you hate?

Thanks for any thoughts you decide to share!
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

1)OTS all the way but I think its good for producers to include both,that way they can please everyone :) Its all about the butt and legs for ots people.
2)I like pans simple because we can't be there to enjoy the scene fully so I like to see the whole body especially the face with her mouth SLIGHTLY open.
3)I wish for longer ots carry offs with close-ups and pulled back shots.Close ups on the butt then full shots to see her arms and hair sway back and forth.
4)I like a slight gentle butt slap,not a spanking so much.just a gentle slap so you can see her butt move a bit :)
5)I have when they do do ots carries they sometimes miss the point of a ots carry which is to show her butt to the camera!!!!!!!!!
kwood138
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

OTS for sure, makes the heroine look even more helpless!!
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

athenaartemis wrote:Some questions for superheroine carry fans.

1) Do prefer over the shoulder carries or the marriage "over the threshold" carry? or don't you care?

2) Do like or hate pans over the body of a sleeping heroine while the villain stands and holds the sleeping heroine?

3) If space is limited, would you prefer a short walk off set or longer carries with the heroine being carries back and forth on set?

4) What other things do you like in carry shots?

5) What mistakes in carry shots do you hate?

Thanks for any thoughts you decide to share!
1) OTS. If an arm carry is used, and the heroine is being carried by a villain, I prefer the heroine's head and arms to hang down.
2) I like pans of the sleeping heroine, but not while they are being carried. That always seems like the person carrying them is posing for the camera, which breaks the fourth wall unless they actually are posing for a camera in the story.
3) Longer carries, just because it is ground less covered by actual genre TV and movies.
4) Reverse OTS, where the heroine's head and arms dangle down the front of the person carrying them. I find that's a good "completely defeated" look. Also, in a conventional OTS, a shot of the heroine dangling down the back of the villain is also very nice. You could also work in a nice shot that focuses on the exposed back of the neck, maybe getting in a 3/4 profile of the face as well. Also, a closeup of the face of the unconscious heroine as she is carried OTS.
5) OTS where the heroine is not picked up high enough, so that she is more being bear-hugged than actually resting on the shoulder of the person doing the carry. Her abdomen should rest on the shoulder of the person doing the carry, with her upper torso dangling down behind. Also, legs should be straight in an OTS, not bent. The heroine should not appear to be holding onto the person doing the carry, or otherwise helping when they are supposed to be unconscious.
gorillaatlarge
Henchman
Henchman

I like OTS and cradle carries about equally. LURKNDOG made some good points in his 5th paragraph about lifting the unconscious heroine high enough so her upper torso is dangling down behind and the legs straight, not bent. I hate it when the heroine is obviously holding on to the person doing the carry with her arms instead of letting them dangle limply. The heroine should not help her assailant in any way if she is unconscious. And sadly a lot of them do this when the villain is trying to pick them up, such as moving their feet and legs to make it easier for him to lift them. Superheroines if you get knocked out then sell the knockout. Go limp from head to toe.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

gorillaatlarge wrote:I like OTS and cradle carries about equally. LURKNDOG made some good points in his 5th paragraph about lifting the unconscious heroine high enough so her upper torso is dangling down behind and the legs straight, not bent. I hate it when the heroine is obviously holding on to the person doing the carry with her arms instead of letting them dangle limply. The heroine should not help her assailant in any way if she is unconscious. And sadly a lot of them do this when the villain is trying to pick them up, such as moving their feet and legs to make it easier for him to lift them. Superheroines if you get knocked out then sell the knockout. Go limp from head to toe.
It's because they get scared. They think you're going to drop them. It's happened to me too and a lot times I don't notice until I've seen the footage. I never really thought about it too much because it's like what, a 4 foot fall? But apparently models don't like to be dropped from ANY height! Imagine that...

Anyway, not to derail the topic, just thought I would throw in my 2 cents.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Great points are being made and I'd like to add the heroine(while over a guys shoulder) getting her head picked up by the hair of course so we see that's she's completely out(mouth slightly open)
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

gorillaatlarge wrote: The heroine should not help her assailant in any way if she is unconscious. And sadly a lot of them do this when the villain is trying to pick them up, such as moving their feet and legs to make it easier for him to lift them. Superheroines if you get knocked out then sell the knockout. Go limp from head to toe.
I don't mind if the heroine subtly helps, such as allowing herself to be stood up on her feet so that the villain can flop her over his/her shoulder. That's just a matter of practical staging, and it prevents the villain from having to struggle to deadlift the actress, which would ruin the moment.

But once she's over the villain's shoulder, then she should go completely limp.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I know sometimes the videos I've seen have her as stiff as a board,and I'm like "Sweetheart....your NOT awake"!!!!!! :) I want a unconscious woman not a mannequin.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

MightyHypnotic @hyponlinemedia wrote:
gorillaatlarge wrote:I like OTS and cradle carries about equally. LURKNDOG made some good points in his 5th paragraph about lifting the unconscious heroine high enough so her upper torso is dangling down behind and the legs straight, not bent. I hate it when the heroine is obviously holding on to the person doing the carry with her arms instead of letting them dangle limply. The heroine should not help her assailant in any way if she is unconscious. And sadly a lot of them do this when the villain is trying to pick them up, such as moving their feet and legs to make it easier for him to lift them. Superheroines if you get knocked out then sell the knockout. Go limp from head to toe.
It's because they get scared. They think you're going to drop them. It's happened to me too and a lot times I don't notice until I've seen the footage. I never really thought about it too much because it's like what, a 4 foot fall? But apparently models don't like to be dropped from ANY height! Imagine that...

Anyway, not to derail the topic, just thought I would throw in my 2 cents.
It's one of those little things that looks really easy when we see it done on movies and TV. It's easy for audiences to forget that when we see a truly limp over-the-shoulder carry, at least one of these options usually applies:
A) The person being carried is a stunt double.
B) The person doing the carrying is a stuntman who can be trusted not to drop the girl.
and / or
C) The "person" being carried is a realistic dummy.

It may be difficult for many productions to achieve the same effect with a fetish model being lifted by a friend of the producer. That's not intended as a dig at anyone, but just a realistic view that the sort of stuntwork we see in the movies doesn't necessarily carry over (no pun intended) to the fetish genre.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
superbgirl
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Some of these lifts and carries would be pretty new in our genre, I think?

Then there's this one...

Last edited by superbgirl 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

OTS with the legs dangling or resting on the back of the villain.
Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

Richpartist wrote:Great points are being made and I'd like to add the heroine(while over a guys shoulder) getting her head picked up by the hair of course so we see that's she's completely out(mouth slightly open)
I second Rich on this. This is hot as hell and needs to be done more often.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mamooche24 wrote:
Richpartist wrote:Great points are being made and I'd like to add the heroine(while over a guys shoulder) getting her head picked up by the hair of course so we see that's she's completely out(mouth slightly open)
It's a very hot idea, but I imagine it's pretty hard to get right. How many people can convincingly act unconscious while having their hair pulled?
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

I've seen it done before. Its rare but doable.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Heroine Addict wrote:
Mamooche24 wrote:
It's a very hot idea, but I imagine it's pretty hard to get right. How many people can convincingly act unconscious while having their hair pulled?
I would suggest the actress lift up her head as the villain grabs her hair.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

A little bobblehead action can really sell an OTS carry:

EvilDaria
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

[quote="superbgirl"]Some of these lifts and carries would be pretty new in our genre, I think?

What a great suggestion. I know these GIFs make the action speed up in silent movie fashion, but the apparent ease with which the victims are tossed around by the giantess would be ideal for the suggestions on defeating heroines as well.
Who is the villainess in these scenes? I don't know what else she does, but she should be snapped up by one of the SHiP producers immediately.