superheroine peril - a full-time job?

Get latest info and chat with your favorite producers!
decendingskulls
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I have a question to producers:

Are any of you so successful with making superheroine peril movies that it is your only source of income? Or is this more of a hobby for most producers, who find the time for it on the side of their regular job?
Ave atque vale
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

decendingskulls wrote:I have a question to producers:

Are any of you so successful with making superheroine peril movies that it is your only source of income? Or is this more of a hobby for most producers, who find the time for it on the side of their regular job?
Evangeline and i make the majority of our income from fetish production.
Superheroine makes up roughly 5-10% of the income.

If we lived anywhere other than NYC we could probably live off of what we make on Superheroines alone... but the rents are too damn high here.

Evangeline has a dayjob, but thats only for the healthcare, denalplan, retirement plan.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

On the other hand, if you didn't live in NYC, would you be able to find models for your movies? :)
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

TIEnTEEZ wrote:On the other hand, if you didn't live in NYC, would you be able to find models for your movies? :)
Actually there are not many producers left here and many models have stopped coming because they can't get the amount of work necessary for covering the trip. Seriously. 5 years ago we were shooting 3-6 times a month and didn't reuse the same model twice in a year. now we only get about 10 worthwhile models and shoot with them 2-3 times a year.

out of the 10 traveling models that we shoot 50% stay with us for the duration of their trip so they don't have to pay for a hotel.

So.... yeah....Moving to another city might be beneficial
decendingskulls
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

KnightsofGotham.com wrote:
decendingskulls wrote:I have a question to producers:

Evangeline and i make the majority of our income from fetish production.
Superheroine makes up roughly 5-10% of the income.
This is very interesting. I know this is kind of an "outside looking in" type of thing, but I always wished I could make a living doing this in some capacity. Mainly because I can't seem to find anything else I'm this passionate about! I've had customs and projects I helped with where I helped by writing scripts and sometimes editing the movies, and honestly I never had so much fun. I sometimes wonder what it would take for me to ditch my job and get into the superheroine fetish film business. I realize I probably sound like a naive kid, but I'm trying to think outside the box these days. There's no harm in that.
Ave atque vale
lonevillain99
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I have thought about this as well. I think if you are a able to keep costs down and yet produce quality videos, you'll see success. I think directing/producing would be very interesting.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years ago, maybe. But for someone just starting out, you're going to have a tough time as a full time producer.

But, none of us started out doing it full time. The biggest issue you'll face is the competition. When I started out there were only 2 - 4 producers. Now it's 30X that many at least. That's a lot of $$$ being spread around.

My advice is carve your niche and keep carving and just do it. Don't look too far ahead and don't worry about what other people are doing.
Be prepared to dedicate a lot of hours to it if you want to make any money.

I have a lot more I can say on the subject but if you want to know something specific, just ask.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

amarcus wrote:I have thought about this as well. I think if you are a able to keep costs down and yet produce quality videos, you'll see success. I think directing/producing would be very interesting.

If you have the skill to do that, yes. Start small and work up to bigger things.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

This is one reason I stay in the poser arena and do not do videos. I have no where near the resources to do films in the MH or Logan arena. So it would be pointless. Now there are particular things video producers don't do that I think would sell but I don't think that can be relied on. In poser I only have 2 maybe 3 competitors and its more like we compliment each other vs competing.

As MH says its a whole different ball game today. Dozens and dozens of producers. Same in the sleepy fetish market. Dozens of producers.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mr. X wrote:In poser I only have 2 maybe 3 competitors and its more like we compliment each other vs competing.

Yeah, that's how it used to be in the Superheroine realm. We all did our thing and tried not to/didn't have to copy what others were doing. With a small field, it's possible.

Nowadays, it's hard to be unique and innovative but if you see an aspect that isn't being fully explored and fleshed out (Exploited??? :D ) and I think that might be what descendingskulls has in mind, then you could have a fast track to quick success.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Also full time becomes easier the fuller your store is. All sales have a spike then settle down to a steady stream which isn't much BUT if you've got 100 products or so they can trickle in a steady income. Harmony still sells videos.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

MightyHypnotic @hyponlinemedia wrote: Nowadays, it's hard to be unique and innovative but if you see an aspect that isn't being fully explored and fleshed out (Exploited??? :D ) and I think that might be what descendingskulls has in mind, then you could have a fast track to quick success.
In those circumstances, it's also worth asking why a niche isn't being catered for at the moment? A few prospective producers have gone ahead and shot videos, only to find that it's tough to get distribution and payment-processing for certain types of peril content.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
decendingskulls
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Heroine Addict wrote:
MightyHypnotic @hyponlinemedia wrote: Nowadays, it's hard to be unique and innovative but if you see an aspect that isn't being fully explored and fleshed out (Exploited??? :D ) and I think that might be what descendingskulls has in mind, then you could have a fast track to quick success.
In those circumstances, it's also worth asking why a niche isn't being catered for at the moment? A few prospective producers have gone ahead and shot videos, only to find that it's tough to get distribution and payment-processing for certain types of peril content.
Both really good points. It's novel to exploit a niche that hasn't been given it's due, but questionable as to whether that's enough to make it profitable. For me personally it probably wouldn't be anything too far out of range to be considered wildly offbeat. The way I look at the genre is there are many different producers all aiming at a similar goal, but each has their own voice and style so the end result is always unique. For me it would be fun to express my voice and I think I have been following this fetish long enough to know what people will generally respond well to. I've been involved with a few productions behind the scenes over the years as well and I seem to be a good little resource.

The problem as with anything is that I have no immediate resources apart from a few connections and don't know where to start or even if I should start. All I know is that if I could make a living at it I feel like it would be a dream job, so it's worth asking about if nothing else. But one way or another, one of these days I'll start something small and go from there. Just like a hobby. And if that's all it ever becomes I'd be happy with even just that. I'll keep you posted.
Ave atque vale