Thoughts on this Batgirl Costume

General discussions about superheroines!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I tend to shy away from anything made by Rubies, but as of late it appears they've been putting in a small effort to make some decent superheroine costumes.

Most of their products are hit and miss but this one has me intrigued and I think I am going to pull the trigger.

I am going to use it for my Young Catwoman/Batgirl series . I like it because it's sexy but basic which is what I imagine a starting superheroines' costume would be.

Thoughts?
71r2Aq1zBvL._UY679_.jpg
71r2Aq1zBvL._UY679_.jpg (15.88 KiB) Viewed 8212 times
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I like the fabric mask a lot as it accentuates the shape of the wearer's face. (As does the purple KnightWoman mask) Too many of the Batgirl cowls out there look like hats or helmets.

Is there an option to order the costume with this mask as a detachable piece?
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't think it's an option but I'm sure a seamstress could make it detachable. Good point! M

Maybe add a little fabric at the neck so that it overlaps a bit so you don't see skin when its set on the models head.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I do like it but not keen on the printed belt part. Would like to see a real belt and a cape.
But I like it , it looks slinkily sexy.
Slinxy, if you will. ;) :thumbup:
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

It will be a real test of your photography and lighting skills to keep the costume from appearing to be a flat, black surface with a yellow symbol and a yellow belt.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Actually no reason she can't wear a belt over that and the yellow band is just there. Would be great to see some really curvy girl in that. Is it shiny?
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Do "unclean"thoughts count? :)
admin

Mr. X wrote:Actually no reason she can't wear a belt over that and the yellow band is just there. Would be great to see some really curvy girl in that. Is it shiny?

I'm going to guess it's not. They use cheap fabic on these things to turn a profit. I am already reading reviews of seams coming apart.
Sinaris
Neophyte
Neophyte

I like it a lot! And for what it's worth, I like the attached hood, too.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

If its an inexpensive outfit you could buy two and do a bit where she is sprayed with dissolving foam or goo and then shred the costume.
ttb51m
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

well not to call myself out but my significant other bought this for herself (me) from amazon, I believe like 20/30 dollars, so she got 2, one to wear and one to customize

material isn't bad pretty well made fits and stretches pretty well and seems pretty resilient ,,to cuffs and ropes and such, and easy to wash :P,

X,, it is shiny but black so its a little understated the yellow isn't as shiny rather muted but the colors together are a good match the picture doesn't do it justice.

all in all it is a great choice to use, the purple one is great , this one is a really good addition

btw she also got the purple catwoman, about the same all in all and very sexy but the hood/mask is made out of something else, not spandex,,kinda scratchy itchy she said, and the dark night batgirl as well,,,,that one is total garbage stay away from if , fit , material, look, all yuck!

the seams might be a problem after washing, but sewing is not hard to do.

the spidergirl unitard from yandy and the supergirl unitard are also AWESOME!, tad bit more expensive, but to me totally worth it.
thelordharry
Henchman
Henchman

Check out the video on this site:

http://www.escapade.co.uk/superhero-cos ... 888556.asp

Noice :D
vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

For a generic mock up, this isn't bad.

http://www.escapade.co.uk/superhero-cos ... 555126.asp
Unmaskee
Henchman
Henchman

Could be quite good for an unmasking. See what you can do!
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

This costume is SEXY and the spandex fits NICE IF the woman is in shape and worn properly. It stretches a lot so do NOT buy anything larger than a medium or it will be TOO baggy.
You can buy it here:

Image Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS3kT0tDQ4g

Image Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOvQ1NG7tbg

I have seen this costume on a few women in this one and the silver batman one on women ALSO looks GREAT!
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots! go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

Here's another one supposed to be for a man but looks MUCH better on a sexy curvy woman
Image Image
The quality is SURPRISINGLY good spandex quality for the money!
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots! go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Can we take up a collection to buy it for Batgirl1969 and ask her to post a photo of herself in it?
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

That sounds like a GREAT IDEA!!!! Yes, someone get it for me, dress me in it....then let Randy Moore peel it off of me....slowly on the pattern cutter
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

batgirl1969 wrote:That sounds like a GREAT IDEA!!!! Yes, someone get it for me, dress me in it....then let Randy Moore peel it off of me....slowly on the pattern cutter

OK, but you're still going to have to do the saber dance.