What happened to Cult Retro?

General discussions about superheroines!
DarthMau
Neophyte
Neophyte

Cult Retro ... Home of the superheroine Stormy Tempest and Nyoka, the Jungle Girl. Since last year they have not had any activity on their website ( http://www.cultretro.com ), in 2013 they announced the fourth season of the adventures of Stormy Tempest, but during 2014 only released two dvds... Does anyone know if they are still active or not? ... In case no. What happened?

Thanks!
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

This was posted by forum member rayman last July:
rayman wrote:I have some NEWS!
Nothing ground breaking but may shed a little light for osme members - Bill Black the main man behind Stormy and other great movies has kind of retired and taken Cult Retro along with him from the AC comics website.

Bill now is doing all movie stuff at Cult Retro and AC are strictly traditional comic book format.

Because Bill is effectively retired it is doubtful any of us wlil get chance to speak with him as he is not a big talker online but I have heard that Bill should be editing and at some point releasing new products but it is likely we wil not hear anything unil they get released or a trailer or news release is posted.

Sooo...there is a light shining faintly...
superheroineforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19536

Whether the unreleased stuff will ever see the light of day remains a mystery. It just seems weird that someone would spend money on production costs and then leave the footage sat on a shelf for years.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

I quite recently was lucky enough to spend some time chatting with Bill and knowing what little interaction he does i feel very lucky.

The simple story is this -
The guy who was Bill's main man and ran all the online stuff, F/X etc etc has basically moved on to new pastures.

This means that Bill is left with a pile of footage that needs work to make it a finished product.

Bill is retired and he is lacking the drive these days as the loss of his tech guy kind of took the wind out of his sails.

Bill came across as a really cool and genuinely nice chap who just can't spend all his time working on F?X and stuff that his man used to whip into shape.

It is a very sad thing for us fans and for Bill who is old school and not so web savvy, he can do the work but the Stormy Tempest series was all written and steered by the other rguy, saldy his name escapes me right now, so basically the motor fell out of the car.

Hope that helps and I hope Bill is okay with me sharing this info he kindly gave to me.
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

If you're in contact with Bill, maybe you could tell him about rklein's service?

http://superheroineforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24733
http://www.flyingsuperheroes.com/

He's recently done work for Mighty Hypnotic on the latest Princess Paradise video.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

Heroine Addict wrote:If you're in contact with Bill, maybe you could tell him about rklein's service?

http://superheroineforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24733
http://www.flyingsuperheroes.com/

He's recently done work for Mighty Hypnotic on the latest Princess Paradise video.
I will certainly try and plant the seed I know there are a lot of Stormy Tempest fans
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Yeah if the footage is there would love to see someone work on it or even just see it raw. Loved the Stormy Temptest films and it looked like she was going to be in a lot of peril in the new season.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

What I had heard through the rumor mill was that Bill has a problem paying people for their time and efforts. If you're basing all of your future sales off of a series helmed by one employee who is single-handedly running SFX, writing, filming, puppeteering a robot hand and other duties you should be doing yourself, then you SHOULD keep that person well-compensated and make his comfort a top priority. Bill had no other real responsibility than to keep his idea man happy, and he botched it up.
kira21120
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Miss Stormy Tempest :wavecry:
FlyGuy
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Yeah, I was looking forward to that new season...
kira21120
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I'm afaird that I will never see new Stormy Tempest series in the future. :wavecry: