Do you want to see Defeated Heroines?!?!

General discussions about superheroines!
Alex Bettinger
Henchman
Henchman

Just relax man--I'm not attacking you. It simply *sounded* like you were agreeing that the actresses in Defeated Heroines, and the actresses that work in the adult industry more generally, had a certain "Hey, want to take your clothes off for a fast buck, get in the car" look. Read your post again. I'm not wrong that that is what you seemed to be saying, am I?

And even now, in your response, you insist that there is "a very defining difference between Adult talent & non-Adult talent." What would that defining difference be? It SOUNDED like you were saying that the difference consists in the quality of the actresses' looks. If that's not what you mean, then I'm not sure what you mean. You might want to clarify--or not, probably doesn't matter at this point.

At any rate, if you do NOT think that about the actresses' looks in the adult industry, then I apologize, I must have misunderstood you. Surely if you read the posts in question you'll agree it was an understandable misreading on my part.

If, however, you DO think that the actresses in question have some kind of lower-quality look, and IF that indeed was what you were trying to say, then I think it's not a nice or fair thing to say. It's a negative comment that doesn't help you or anyone; it only serves to put a group of people down.

I read various boards like this all the time, and one thing that never ceases to impress me is how polite and nice the producers are in the fetish industry. No one ever says anything negative about models' looks, or about other producers' work, etc. For the most part, everyone is really nice and supportive. I think that's a good rule. Just say positive things about your own work; if someone expresses an unfavorable opinion about one of your models, don't say "Oh, well that's just what you get in the adult industry." That's mean and generalizing and does no one any good. Just be positive. It's real easy to do.

Not attacking you; truly not. Just want to let you know that you don't have to be negative to sell your product.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Alex Bettinger wrote:Just relax man--I'm not attacking you. It simply *sounded* like you were agreeing that the actresses in Defeated Heroines, and the actresses that work in the adult industry more generally, had a certain "Hey, want to take your clothes off for a fast buck, get in the car" look. Read your post again. I'm not wrong that that is what you seemed to be saying, am I?

And even now, in your response, you insist that there is "a very defining difference between Adult talent & non-Adult talent." What would that defining difference be? It SOUNDED like you were saying that the difference consists in the quality of the actresses' looks. If that's not what you mean, then I'm not sure what you mean. You might want to clarify--or not, probably doesn't matter at this point.

At any rate, if you do NOT think that about the actresses' looks in the adult industry, then I apologize, I must have misunderstood you. Surely if you read the posts in question you'll agree it was an understandable misreading on my part.

If, however, you DO think that the actresses in question have some kind of lower-quality look, and IF that indeed was what you were trying to say, then I think it's not a nice or fair thing to say. It's a negative comment that doesn't help you or anyone; it only serves to put a group of people down.

I read various boards like this all the time, and one thing that never ceases to impress me is how polite and nice the producers are in the fetish industry. No one ever says anything negative about models' looks, or about other producers' work, etc. For the most part, everyone is really nice and supportive. I think that's a good rule. Just say positive things about your own work; if someone expresses an unfavorable opinion about one of your models, don't say "Oh, well that's just what you get in the adult industry." That's mean and generalizing and does no one any good. Just be positive. It's real easy to do.

Not attacking you; truly not. Just want to let you know that you don't have to be negative to sell your product.
There's no negativity and it's not a sales tool. However, for the most part, you CAN tell the difference between someone acting in an Adult film versus one theatrically trained for mainstream productions. This has nothing to do with looks specifically. It's an over-encompassing statement that's also an opinion, which I'm entitled to. Whether or not I'm a producer doesn't change the fact that I'm also a fan/viewer and can agree or disagree with other people's statements. Whether I agree or condone the way they said it or the way it *sounded* doesn't matter.

Like I said, I think all of my actresses on Defeated Heroines were great, but there's no denying the difference between the way they convey on camera versus an actress not on the Adult side. In my own opinion… which you have the clear right to disagree with. But it's not meant to be negative, even if it's interpreted that way.
Alex Bettinger
Henchman
Henchman

Well, the way you put it just now still sounds rather generalizing and negative to me (just my opinion); and at any rate that is most definitely NOT what you said before, since the person you were replying to and agreeing with was talking about the LOOKS of the models ("rough looking," etc.), not their acting ability.

Yes, you are most certainly entitled to your opinion. I just find it interesting that of all the producers that post here and elsewhere, you seem to be the only one who has a recurring need to express negative opinions, or ones that insist that one group of actors is better than another.

Most producers just say how good their actors are. They don't bother with saying things like, "And they're much better than the actors in the adult industry!"

The former is positive; the latter is negative. I just don't understand why you feel the need to say things like that (and it's not the first time; you seem to have a habit of it).

Just relax and be positive! This is a fun business; lets keep it fun!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Alex Bettinger wrote:Well, the way you put it just now still sounds rather generalizing and negative to me (just my opinion); and at any rate that is most definitely NOT what you said before, since the person you were replying to and agreeing with was talking about the LOOKS of the models ("rough looking," etc.), not their acting ability.

Yes, you are most certainly entitled to your opinion. I just find it interesting that of all the producers that post here and elsewhere, you seem to be the only one who has a recurring need to express negative opinions, or ones that insist that one group of actors is better than another.

Most producers just say how good their actors are. They don't bother with saying things like, "And they're much better than the actors in the adult industry!"

The former is positive; the latter is negative. I just don't understand why you feel the need to say things like that (and it's not the first time; you seem to have a habit of it).

Just relax and be positive! This is a fun business; lets keep it fun!
I don't understand why it needs to turn into a debate. I don't go onto your threads at all. Nor do I go to anyone else's. I keep to myself and post solely on my own threads. There doesn't need to be someone coming on here to challenge every little thing I say telling me how negative they think it sounds. I honestly don't care. It wasn't meant to be that way, and yes, my statement DOES blanket looks as well as acting ability. But my comment was reserved to my projects. It was your prerogative to try and twist it to mean EVERY actress in the adult industry. Where I said, that's what you tend to get - it was referring to my experiences during casting. Nothing further needs to be read into it. We can end this pointless conversation here. What I say is never intended toward other actresses or producers ever. And YOU have a recurring theme of coming to my threads to try and set the record straight or whatever you think it is you're doing when it has nothing to do with you or the actresses you employ. This is not the first time you've done the same. So to say that I have some sort of negative track record is hypocritical when you have consistently misinterpreted what I've said and then been blatantly vocal about your opinions about my opinions. It's unnecessary. Like you said, it's supposed to be a FUN industry… and it really is a fun industry… until I have to sit here and defend myself on my own thread over some misunderstanding based on someone's opinion of how they feel. It's text on a screen. It will happen. Perhaps you should also lighten up… and have fun!! :) …and stop trying to turn random comments into points of authoritative scrutiny. ;)
Alex Bettinger
Henchman
Henchman

Well, anyone can go and read the exchange you had with Richpartist. I don't think I misinterpreted anything. I think you expressed yourself unambiguously, and I was simply responding to what you actually SAID.

However, let me say that I do appreciate the way you put it just now--like if you had said, "In my own limited experience, I haven't had much luck finding really good actresses in the adult industry," or something like that, I never would have said anything. That would have been a perfectly innocuous remark that I wouldn't have blinked at. Unfortunately, that's not what you said; what you said was something more negative and more sweeping and more condescending, so I spoke up. Was that negative of me? I suppose you can think that. I would disagree. :)

But regardless, I have never said anything negative about your work or your models; I have never said anything in any thread that could possibly even apply to the general group of actors you work with. I only say positive things about my own stuff in my threads. I simply suggest you do the same. It makes for a better atmosphere.

And if I ever do say anything that you think might be a negative remark applicable to your works or the group of actresses you work with in one of my threads, PLEASE feel free to call me out on it! I'd appreciate it!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Alex Bettinger wrote:Well, anyone can go and read the exchange you had with Richpartist. I don't think I misinterpreted anything. I think you expressed yourself unambiguously, and I was simply responding to what you actually SAID.

However, let me say that I do appreciate the way you put it just now--like if you had said, "In my own limited experience, I haven't had much luck finding really good actresses in the adult industry," or something like that, I never would have said anything. That would have been a perfectly innocuous remark that I wouldn't have blinked at. Unfortunately, that's not what you said; what you said was something more negative and more sweeping and more condescending, so I spoke up. Was that negative of me? I suppose you can think that. I would disagree. :)

But regardless, I have never said anything negative about your work or your models; I have never said anything in any thread that could possibly even apply to the general group of actors you work with. I only say positive things about my own stuff in my threads. I simply suggest you do the same. It makes for a better atmosphere.

And if I ever do say anything that you think might be a negative remark applicable to your works or the group of actresses you work with in one of my threads, PLEASE feel free to call me out on it! I'd appreciate it!
…the entire point was completely missed, but thank you. However, your threads are not a place I should be posting, so I wouldn't call you out. Regardless of anything you might say about me, my productions, or my talent, positive or negative, your threads are not the place for me to to be posting. It just makes for a better atmosphere.
Alex Bettinger
Henchman
Henchman

Well I apologize, I am unaware of that rule. Producers post in each other's threads all the time, and it seems to be a fine thing.

But I will keep that in mind from here on. ;)
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

Well, from a neutral (?) point of view, I can say that both have their valid points.
Richard made a (probably) bad picture of a certain type of actresses - to which I disagree, as for me it depends from person to person, generalizing IMHO is always wrong - HL seemed to agree with Rich statement and even added that also the skill/professionalism of these girls cannot be compared to the 'normal' (let's call them this way) ones ...

AB felt to take defense because probably (if I'm not wrong) he works with a lot of those adult-industry girls and because it's generally not cool for producers to underestimate publicly people whom you've worked with. But maybe this matter (since this is not one of his threads and/or girls whom he has worked with) was not his business and this could actually be seen as a gratuitous attack to a competitor, who is maybe doing too well and attracting a little bit of envy (that's how I see it, probably I'm wrong).

I say, let's agree to disagree, you clearly don't share any sympathy to each other, and let's close the whole matter by talking about serious things: go Logan, just release the new clip now lol :D

Ps. Sorry for my English. Not mother tongue !
Last edited by helstar 10 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

helstar wrote:Well, from a neutral (?) point of view, I can say that both have their valid points.
Richard made a (probably) bad picture of a certain type of actresses - to which I disagree, as for me it depends from person to person, generalizing IMHO is always wrong - HL seemed to agree with Rich statement and even added that also the skill/professionalism of these girls cannot be compared to the 'normal' (let's call them this way) ones ...

AB felt to take defense because probably (if I'm not wrong) he works with a lot of those adult-industry girls and because it's generally not cool for producers to underestimate publicly people whom you've worked with. But maybe this matter (being this not one of his threads and/or girls whom he has worked with) was not his business and this could actually be seen as a gratuitous attack to a competitor, who is maybe doing too well and attracting a little bit of envy (that's who I see it, probably I'm wrong).

I say, let's agree to disagree, you clearly don't share any sympathy to each other, and let's close the post by talking about serious things: go Logan, just release the new clip now lol :D

Ps. Sorry for my English. Not mother tongue !
lol you're completely correct. There's fault to both sides. But it's not something we should continue-- this is an awesome industry to be in and we're having a lot of fun doing it!! I'm REALLY excited to get that next film to you - I'm trying to get it out tonight, but there's a possibility of it happening tomorrow. It says there's only 2 hours left to upload so here's to hoping for tonight!!! It's the 1st film (I believe) we are releasing with Kristie Dowe (who appeared in the Season 1 finale of The Battle for Earth, where she played Superianna - she's playing Thundra in Heroine Legends now - a Heroine who is older and wiser and used to be good, but she's turned into quite the villainess lately…. it will be an Altered Universe film so it won't contribute to the storyline which is great because we can film fatalities - which happens to Nightshadow in this film ;)
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

THIS is what happens when I tell my honest opinion?? :wavecry: I agree,I shouldn't get into looks of the actresses,I'm not really into hurting people but I honestly felt since I was a customer of DH that I could opine on what it needed to get better.I didn't want a debate over it either, between (at least) two people who I'm sure are good guys.From now on I'll give my opinion on how gorgeous the actresses are over at HL,SVE,etc...and how much I want Logans job. :)
and stick to that.But as for the actresses at DH......they are..oh oh :bh: :ss:
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Brandy,Jennifer and Tiffany Tyler just knocked on my door,then beat the crap out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............................best damn day of my life :)
Boucldey
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

tallyho wrote:I'm an arachnaphobe, but I'd love Spiderwoman if she looked like this!
She looks amazing...legs to wipe the floor with Xenaonatopp :)