IRON MAIDEN OF THE CURSED UNIVERSE

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
Hunter42
Sargeant
Sargeant

INTRO:

This story takes place in a parallel dimension. It is in many ways the same as our Earth, all though there are differences. One of the notable differences is that there are not multiple countries and governments but only two competing powers with vastly different ideas on the purpose of the human race. However, because of some cosmic distortion the characters are not all the same and neither is the life or the future for those inhabiting the planet in this cursed universe of existence.

One group called the “Darks” is led by, Devlin Lecherous, a dark cruel task master obsessed with the “Dark matter” energy which has its purpose of consuming all things. In the end if not somehow stopped it will consume all energy, and matter will eventually be consumed by the dark swirling mass situated in the far reaches of space and discovered to be permeating itself mysteriously throughout the cosmos with an seemingly intelligence much greater and more powerful than mankind can even imagine. Devlin is the oldest man alive known to have sought out the essence behind the matter and at times is seen being surrounded by a swirling dark vapor around himself. His intelligence is much superior to other humans and his physical strength is enhanced by some suit that he says was the design given to him by the Dark Essence, Itself. Because of his “humanness” he is limited in using the forces of the “Dark Matter” to conquer all mankind. He has gained control of nearly seventy percent of the global population and has most all of them working in slavery conditions on some sort of industrial pursuit designed for military superiority. Many are poorly fed and live in bad run down quarters. Much of His conquering has left devastation and destruction of major cities with little or no concern to rebuild proper comfortable dwellings. After all that is a mere pipe dream with the “Dark Matter” soon to envelope the cosmos in eternal darkness and chaos.

The remaining 30 percent of the population occupies and controls sixty-five percent of the land mass and its vast resources. Their leader, Mitch McConnell was raised to be a “freedom fighter” ever since he was able to walk. He is a leader who at times seems quite mean and vicious but has a vision of peace and freedom for the planet and will do what he feels he must to achieve victory. While not living in freedom as in a Democracy, they are free persons to utilize their intelligence and strengths in choosing their own vocations in fighting the oppressive forces of the Dark Matter. They are expected to serve a determined time in the military and be devoted citizens sacrificing many luxuries they could have with their abundant resources but seeing the threat of dark chaos they choose to willfully help the cause with all they have in the largest part. So there is a technological race for the greatest advancements in battle technology between the “Darks” and the “Freedom Fighters”.

CHAPTER ONE: IRON MAIDEN’S BEGINNINGS IN THE CURSED UNIVERSE

Veronica Jenson was no ordinary 19 year old teenage girl. She already had her doctorate degree in engineering physics and a high level research engineer for the Spangler Corporation. They specialized in high tech vehicles and weaponry systems. “ Ronnie” as many called her had only been working there for eight months but already proven her intellect and talents were equal to many of the senior members of the research team developing a new kind of battle armor for McConnell’s Special Forces. She had probably logged more hours on the project than anyone else but the senior team leader and was working late into the night to make a few adjustments on the stabilizer controls of the jet propulsion system for the suit.

Making some final checks and reading the computer simulation Ronnie looked at her watch and sighed. It was already 2 AM and she would not be able to get one of the testers of the suit in the building before 7 AM. She didn’t want to waste that time sitting idle but there was nothing more she could do without the actual suit in action. She was alone in the laboratory and even the guards were out on the perimeter now at their check points. It would only take 15 or 20 minutes to run the test and she would not even have to get off of the suiting platform to run the diagnostics. Besides no one else knew the suit hardly any better than yours truly she thought to herself. She quickly decided to run the tests with the suit on herself and prepared to get suited up.

She started the program running and had to act quickly to get into the suit attaching framework. She keyed in all the access codes but the last one which she would do as she stepped into the framework where the suit would then fit to her body. The suit was comprised of an alloy which was very flexible and lightweight from the metal being formed of strands interwoven together of the multi metal alloy but once securely formed and fastened around the body the outer layer would harden like steel plates. The inner lining of the suit was intricately wired with a mess fiber encased in a neoprene like foam and one had to be naked as the suit practically became a part of the user’s physiological neuro network. . It had passed every test that battle armament requires including surviving nuclear radiation. Complete with life support systems where one could easily survive when the suit for up to three days. It was also equipped with a self-powered jet pack with the outflow nozzles in the hands, feet, and shoulder blades for precise directional control. The weapon systems were imbedded in the suit and when needed small panels would slide open to fire the weapon of choice. One shoulder had a small but highly effective rocket grenade launcher. The other shoulder contained a mini machine gun with exploding and or armor piercing rounds. On the hips of the user was an attachable missile launcher pack with up to 6 mini missiles on each hip capable to effectively down enemy aircraft when in air to air combat. Then the last weapon system was in the left wrist of the suit, a laser capable of cutting through 9 inches of steel or other forms of thinner armor plating. The suit itself was powered by a small computer the size of a cigarette pack which received its energy source from a satellite power station which had been concealed from most everyone’s knowledge of its location except for the most high security clearance personnel. This suit if passed the upcoming final inspection they would be the future suit for the “mobile” soldier.

She slipped out of her lab coat quickly and then unfastened her blouse, unzipped her skirt, loosened her bra, and shimmied out of her black lace panties. As she approached the platform she caught a glimpse of her reflection in the thick safety glass encasing the staging area and saw herself nude. She looked closely at herself with a moment of self-awareness and bit her lip and thought,

I should really try focusing on getting a date while I still am young and look this good.

She indeed was very beautiful almost as much beauty as brains. While she had mostly focused on her learning she had also kept her body in shape with exercise and sports which was the only time she had for relaxation. She was properly proportioned with her 5’ 5” , 115 pound slender athletic body with all the right curves in the right places. Her firm 34C breasts were firm and had a natural slight upward curvature. Her slender waist gave the appearance of a long mid-drift before her slinky 24” waist gave way to her 34” hips. Her ass was a solid muscular feature she was proud of with that sharp undercut at the top of her toned legs. Her body was like a carved statue of some blond haired blue eyed goddess of mythology.

It was a peculiar thought as she was just barely nineteen and had plenty of time to find a good man marry and have a family. Still she had been so pre-occupied with her future because of so many of those around her pushing her not to waste her brilliant mind that she had never even had a date much less a boyfriend. Apparently, the constant pressure to rush and excel in her life career was causing her to doubt having the time of juggling her career and a normal life of a teenage girl.

On the way to the framework stand her I Pad went off with an alert of a different project experiment finally ready to be executed. She quickly swiped the pad thinking she had hit the “cancel” option on the pad as she laid it down on the counter before crossing the room. She stepped onto the platform placing her hands and feet into the gloves and boots which would be attached to the rest of the suit as would the helmet once her body was covered. She got into position just in time as the form fitting suit began lowering down behind the stand to wrap around her body.

The suit had wrapped around her lower torso and was now forming around her waist as the sound of an alarm went off. Ronnie’s eyes flashed in horror as she recognized that she had hit the wrong entry on the I Pad moments before and within minutes the room would be filled with a microwave energy burst test for another project. She was trapped! Her only hope was that the suit would be finished fitting to her body to then jettison out of the room and escape before the pulse of energy would be released. She struggled in the suit as if it would cause the process to speed up. The buzzer sounded again and a computerized voice countdown started at 10…. 09…. 08…. as she looked up seeing the hood descending down from the upper framework as she chattered nervously for it to hurry up and protect her. Now her only hope was that the suit would protect her from the microwave energy and the heat it would produce flashing the suit. She was not sure what an intensive microwave blast would actually do to the suit as it wasn’t one of the test parameters seeing how microwave technology was not a known weaponry technology to have to defend against.

The suit was finally fitted around her lissome body and the outer skin was in the process of plating together as the generators of the microwave emitters reached full power. As the gloves, boots, and helmet connections were sealing Veronica saw the bright flash of the microwave discharge dish and was seconds away from the blast of microwaves. Even in the suit Veronica could feel the pulsing of intense microwaves passing through the suit and into her body. She closed her eyes and cried out in pain as she felt the tingling heat all over her flesh. Even with her eyes closed as tight as she could possibly close them behind the protective helmet lenses the white brightness burned at them. Veronica thought she heard the humming of the generator began dying down as the sound in her ears grew faint. Her body felt like limp spaghetti obviously only standing because of being encased in the alloy suit. She heard metallic clicks as the attachment frame hooks were releasing the suit. Instantly she fell to the floor in a loud “THUD” and her head was spinning like a top. She felt as if she could still feel the heat saturating her body but she was so drained of any strength that she was not even able to move let alone try to remove the suit from her body… it was more than she could handle and the darkness of unconsciousness took over…..
sign4deaf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Very good beginning Hunter. Interesting premise; looks like you and George Lucas are both in the business of creating universes. :D

I look forward to more.
Can't move... This device... holding me by my... sheer tights... has me powerless!
Hunter42
Sargeant
Sargeant

CHAPTER TWO: IRON MAIDEN TAKES FLIGHT

Veronica opened her eyes and tried to focus on her surroundings but her vision was blurry at first. Slowly she was able to focus and see she was in what appeared to be a hospital room but it all looked to familiar. Then she realized she was in one of the lab rooms in the Spangler Corporation building. She tried to raise up from her bed but found herself in restraints bound to the bed. She was still feeling very weak maybe from the accident or perhaps they had her drugged up as she healed. Her bed was angled where her head was elevated and she saw that she was in a clear but opaque tent covering and could make out her naked form like a silhouette image. She felt no pain as she turned her head looking around the room at the equipment obviously hooked up to her body. She called out but her throat was dry and it was hardly a whisper. It was however enough to get the attendant’s attention.

She ran over quickly and exclaimed, “Ronnie, you are awake! Everyone will be so excited to hear the great news!”

“What… what happened to the suit,” was her first question.

“Oh, don’t worry about that right now, hun, just rest and get your strength so you can get out of this bed and go home.”

“Home? I don’t want to go home, I have to help repair the suit, I made a huge mistake,” she explained.

“Stop worrying about the suit, they have already started making another one and…..” she was explaining as Veronica interrupted.

“What? How long have I been in here? So the suit, it was destroyed,” she gasped, “it was an accident, I didn’t mean to do it!”

“There, there, now don’t make me have to sedate you, Dr. Oliver is already on his way over to explain things to you, it is best you wait for him to ask any more questions.”

Veronica’s head fell back onto her pillow, “Yes, yes, you are right, I must speak to him and fix all of this.” The attendant checked Veronica’s vitals and adjusted her pillows to help her feel more comfortable and slipped out of the room leaving Veronica alone in the room as she tried to recreate all the details in her mind of what happened that night.

Dr. Oliver knocked on the door and entered with a pleasant smile on his face. Veronica smiled back but quickly had a worried look come over her face and started to talk. Dr. Oliver placed his finger to his lips suggesting to the girl to relax and give him at least a chance to introduce himself and explain a few things to her. “I know you have a lot of questions and are worried about the things that happened but hopefully some of those answers will come in time,” he charmingly stated trying to calm Veronica. First let me tell you what has happened to you before we get into the discussion about the suit.”

“Okay, doctor,” she said as he pulled up a chair and sat beside her.

“We found you unconscious on the floor but the security footage showed us what we needed to know. The microwave burst was absorbed luckily by most of the suit. The suit seems to have suffered some damage but we are still not sure to what extent. The major problem is that it won’t attach itself to anyone else now to test it. So now we are in the process of making another one and you know the difficulty of getting the metal alloy composite from our mining site in Sector 5. Then there is the fact of why you are here inside this tented bed, my dear, see some of the fibers were, well, absorbed or imbedded into your skin and we do not know exactly how to remove them.”

“But I am going to be okay, aren’t I Dr. Oliver,” Veronica interrupted.

“Yes, we don’t see any problem with the fibers being in your body, but they absorbed a lot of radiation and we are trying to see if we can find a way to neutralize them. What we want to know is whether or not you feel like still working on the project or if you feel you need some time off to recover from this.”

“I am feeling fine, really, Doctor,” she emphatically replied. “Actually, I was hoping you would let me out of these restraints so I could get up and move around a bit,” she smiled.

“Yes, yes, that was strictly a precautionary matter, Veronica, we did not know how things would progress until you recovered and were awake to tell us how you felt.”

“Ready to get out of this and and get dressed, “ Veronica laughed a little nervously.

“Good, good, well I will tell the attendant to get the help she needs to get you out of this contraption and see how well you can manage on your own for today and go from there.”

“Thank you, Dr. Oliver,” Veronica smiled as he got up and started to head out of the room. He paused at the door at looked at her seriously, “I am glad you are okay, my dear, we have a lot riding on you, be more careful in the future, okay?” He winked and exited the room calling out for the nearest attendant.

SOMETIME LATER.....

Word had gotten out because of the accident about the specialized suit and the alloy substance that was needed to make another one with the prototype reportedly damaged beyond repair. Devlin knew that the precious metal alloy was being mined in Sector 5 a sector right adjacent to one of his strongholds. He quickly sent orders for an attack against the sector and the mining camps in the area in hopes of gaining possession of the metal himself for use in his own armaments. The reports coming back was that it was going well and by the end of the week they should have all the mining camps in Sector 5 under their control.

Also one of Devlin’s plans was to raid the Spangler Corporation research facilities and steal the plans and even the original suit and hopefully keep up or somehow design one better to have the upper hand in the combat zones. He had ordered three units of his elite forces group to begin preparing for this much needed mission.

Veronica had gotten back to work at the Spangler Research facility and was working on the other aspects of the suit while waiting for the alloy shipment to arrive. The original suit had been placed behind a highly secured vault and while curious she had not yet taken a look at the suit herself as everyone else had said it took too much damage from the accident. She happened to be in the lower vault level when the first explosion rocked the building. The alarms went off along with the red flashing lights in every room and down the hall. People were scattering in every direction as Veronica was trying to get the details of what was happening.

“We are being attacked,” one man told her as he came running up and pulling one her lab coat to take her with him.

“They are here after the suit and anything to do with it, you must come now to the shelter,” he exclaimed.

“The suit, NO!” Veronica screamed back as she then ran towards the vault doors where the suit was stored. She swiped her key card and anxiously awaited as the locking mechanism seemed to take forever to release. Then the doors began to open slowly, it seemed they would take forever to open as now she heard small gunfire and men barking commands in the stairwell nearby.

She entered the room and saw the suit was on its fitting platform but looked different somehow. As she neared it she felt a strange wave wash through her body and suddenly the fibers of the suit in her body began to surface along her skin. She felt a rush of heat surge through her body as well but it wasn’t a weakening feeling. She was looking at her arms that were bare and could see the fibers aligning at the surface of her skin like the plates do after the suit is encased around one’s body. She had an idea, seemingly crazy and dangerous but now with only the one hope of getting the suit and her out of the building without either being captured she quickly began removing her clothes.

The men shouted to each other as they came to the doorway that the door had been opened and no need to blow it open. They entered the room looking around for where the suit was supposed to be. One of the men looked up towards the ceiling and shouted, “There it is, but it is manned and functional!” With that Veronica went to let loose a stream of hot lead but the gun didn’t respond. She quickly went to use the grenade launcher but the result was the same as before, just a clicking of the trigger. “It is malfunctioning, it has no weapons,” one shouted, “Fire at it!” Veronica steered the suit with the directed nozzles to avoid most of the weapon fire while what did hit the suit simply bounced off like small pebbles. She then lowered herself and propelled right towards the men firing at her. They scattered like mice as the metal suit buzzed over their heads and out the vault opening. Veronica now flew through the hallway maneuvering around all the obstacles in the way.

She was coming to a sharp turn and thought to herself, If this is as indestructible as they say, I am going to make a new door. With that she lowered her head and focused all her efforts and thrust the jet pack full throttle at the concrete wall in front of her. She heard a “WOOOSHHHHHH” and quickly looked up to see who had fired a missile at her, but instead of a missile she saw an energy wave in front of her that blew out the concrete wall in front of her. She looked back to see if one of the bad guys had missed shooting at her but no one was even there.

She flew out into the air and quickly went vertical. After gaining some altitude she hovered to access the situation. Devlin’s forces had launched a three pronged attack on the facility in an obvious attempt at gaining more than the suit. Veronica paused a minute feeling a strange pulsation coming from her or the suit. She looked at her herself in the suit the best she could and realized the suit was surrounded by an energy charge. She thought to herself to do the same as she had in the hallway and threw out her hand clenched in a fist and watched in amazement as the energy bolt took out an armored personnel carrier on the ground below. She smiled suddenly realizing that somehow the suit was using the energy absorbed by the microwaves from the earlier accident. She quickly went on the offensive throwing bolts of energy and destroying the vehicles of the onslaught against the facility. Then she became more arrogant and even landed walking straight in the line of fire of the men shooting at her. Grabbing them and crushing them in her steel gloved grip and then back handed slapping the soldier knocking him into the air and slamming into a concrete wall several feet away. After disposing of about a dozen men the others had turned tail and were fleeing. As they dropped most of their weapons and fled members of the Spangler group began appearing to see who had chased them away. They stood mouths open and speechless as they saw the suit not only functional but now with the helmet open, the operator was a nineteen year old girl, and she had won the day. As more and more came out they began slowly applauding Veronica as she smiled and laughed not knowing how to take such hero worship. She had simply done what needed to be done the only way she knew how and fortunately it worked out well.

As more people emerged Dr. Oliver was one of them along with two other senior member of the “Iron Suit” research team. In astonishment they approached the young lady as her suit was still visibly pulsating the energy force around it. ”Well, young lady,” one of the senior members said, “It seems you’re the only one that can operate this special suit. I guess that makes you the “Iron Maiden”.
sign4deaf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Very nice origin story. Interesting angle you used- where there were metal fibers embedded in her body that aligned with the suit. (No War Machine for this universe's Rhody. :D )
Can't move... This device... holding me by my... sheer tights... has me powerless!