NEW Superheroine Peril Producer tips?

General discussions about superheroines!
Dr.Morticus
Producer
Producer

Special effects and camera work is something I have spent some time doing over my years. I have a deep passion for filmmaking and like wise SHP. If I could ask the current producers of this fine community a few questions they would be:

1. What cameras are you using for your projects? What do you like about them? Draw backs?

2. I have done casting for other projects, but what is the advised way to advertise for a topic of this sort?

3. Locations, locations, locations. A great many of my projects have either been in the out doors, or in static public places. Advice on what I should look for in a location? I am including some photos of props I have done as well as a few clips of an old superheroine film I have done. The actress wishes to remain unknown however. :)

Sabers have become a bit old, and have some actual combat damage heh heh, but still look pretty good.

The Dark Lord Returns -Ruby Guardian Now On Sale! (SHG-Media)
Elder Member

It's not that different to the mainstream.

1. Cameras - Ideally it'd be a RedOne, but it's all about the budget.
Go with something HD - and if it's a camcorder, get it clamped to a tripod. Epic camera shake is not a good look.

2. Casting - You're looking for models, so use modelling sites.

3. Locations - It's a judgement call, you gotta be there.
Pound those pavements. Use a combination of research and scouting, if you take shortcuts expect problems.
Dr.Morticus
Producer
Producer

swampy170 wrote:It's not that different to the mainstream.

1. Cameras - Ideally it'd be a RedOne, but it's all about the budget.
Go with something HD - and if it's a camcorder, get it clamped to a tripod. Epic camera shake is not a good look.

2. Casting - You're looking for models, so use modelling sites.

3. Locations - It's a judgement call, you gotta be there.
Pound those pavements. Use a combination of research and scouting, if you take shortcuts expect problems.
Thank you for the advice Swampy170, I am looking at a few new cameras to replace my SD one. Panasonic has always been
my favorite. I would LOVE to use the RedOne, however it will not be in the cards. Ha ha. I am from California and I am hearing good things about Craigslist casting calls. I think I will start there. Any Modelling sites you would recommend?

Elder Member

Modelmayhem, although really you need a decent port before you can join up tbh - so craigslist might be a good place to start.

Early on the "right" camera is one which is cheap enough and that you understand all the features of. For 99% of people starting out alot of the benefits of a RedOne will be lost on them anyway - a camcorder makes a good training bike.

Just go for something under $500, no point breaking on the bank on something you'll probably want to replace pretty fast i.e within 2 years. Previous gen 3CCD cameras are dirt cheap these days - I'd suggest giving them a look.

I speak like I'm some sort of expert - really I'm just a few steps ahead in the starting out phase. Though that does put me in a good place to advise - it's fresh in my mind ;)
Dr.Morticus
Producer
Producer

swampy170 wrote:Modelmayhem, although really you need a decent port before you can join up tbh - so craigslist might be a good place to start.

Early on the "right" camera is one which is cheap enough and that you understand all the features of. For 99% of people starting out alot of the benefits of a RedOne will be lost on them anyway - a camcorder makes a good training bike.

Just go for something under $500, no point breaking on the bank on something you'll probably want to replace pretty fast i.e within 2 years. Previous gen 3CCD cameras are dirt cheap these days - I'd suggest giving them a look.

I speak like I'm some sort of expert - really I'm just a few steps ahead in the starting out phase. Though that does put me in a good place to advise - it's fresh in my mind ;)
I will have to catch some of your films then. I am new to this tpoic, but not to filming. I currently own a Panasonic DVX100B witch when I bought it cost $3000. It is SD and I am debating on whether or not I need HD for my first film. I would love to have it, but the cam I want is another $3000. So I guess what I am saying is it's time to break out the iPhone :p

This old heroine film you shot looks intriguing. Were there any ko's in it? And whats the story behind it? Did you know the actress?
Dr.Morticus
Producer
Producer

Mamooche24 wrote:This old heroine film you shot looks intriguing. Were there any ko's in it? And whats the story behind it? Did you know the actress?
Yes there were KO's in it and I played the a deceptive character who tricked her into coming to save a friend, which turned into a trap. I know her very well, she is my ex. The film was never %100 complete because near the end we got... distracted... :)

Producer

As for casting, Craigslist hasn't been that successful for me recently. I got better results posting in backstage website.
Dr.Morticus
Producer
Producer

dajinx1 wrote:As for casting, Craigslist hasn't been that successful for me recently. I got better results posting in backstage website.

Sweet! Thank you for the tip!

Henchman

Also if it involves anything really sexual, gg, bg, you can check out the agencies websites for girls, OCModeling, ATMLA, Speiglers girls, 101modeling etc