Question to the Community re: Tattooed Models

General discussions about superheroines!

Do you prefer Superheroines with Tattoos or Not?

Yes, I like Tattoos
7%
No, I don't like them
93%

Total votes: 83
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

Hello: I wanted to ask the members here, do you prefer your Superheroines with or without tattoos? Looking at the clips stores it looks like a lot of the models are sporting skin art nowadays.
EvilBilly :twisted:

"In the words of Socrates... I drank what?"
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I don't have a big problem with tattooed models. However, in a superheroine video where we're supposed to believe this person maintains a secret identity, it seems a bit ludicrous if the heroine's costume doesn't cover her PROMINENT DISTINGUISHING MARK(S).
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
SupergirlLover
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Me personally not a fan of tattoos. (Don't start your sentences with) However, there are some who do, there was a big movement a while back with the so called Suicide Girls. Maybe depending on the character a tattoo would make it more interesting such as, Tara (Terra?) from Teen Titans, Supergirl (Black Costume/Evil) Stories could revolve around a tattoo such as a cursed tattoo or something of that ilk.

There is a demand for all types just toss out the bait see who bites and if it's worth it then keep it if not then you know what to do. just my opinion.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

In the end skin art is part of a personal lifestyle choice, and an expression of personal freedom. Very few models make their living full-time posing for the camera, so when they get a tattoo done they're not thinking, "I wonder if getting this ink across my shoulders is going to cost me any modeling work?" because for the 99.9% of their time that they're spending their lives not as a model, they want to have a tattoo. The modeling work takes a backseat to doing something expressive and artistic in their real lives... as I believe it should.
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

Shakeshift wrote:In the end skin art is part of a personal lifestyle choice, and an expression of personal freedom. Very few models make their living full-time posing for the camera, so when they get a tattoo done they're not thinking, "I wonder if getting this ink across my shoulders is going to cost me any modeling work?" because for the 99.9% of their time that they're spending their lives not as a model, they want to have a tattoo. The modeling work takes a backseat to doing something expressive and artistic in their real lives... as I believe it should.
This is all well and good, but I'm just asking if folks like skin art or not.

Manta Ray Jack
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I don't have a problem with it per se if it can be done logically and in character. I wouldn't find it a stretch to imagine that a thrill seeker like Barbara Gordon would have some art somewhere and I could see it being acceptable in an Amazonian culture but Super/Power Girl? Their power set wouldn't permit it with conventional techniques.
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

Can't stand it when a model is inked up all over the place. I can deal with small ones here and there, but when they are loaded up, or if it is on the chest, neck, or even the face, I will not buy anything with that model, I don't care if she is an Academy Award winning actress either-- IMO....I am sure some people love it.
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

Not really my thing but i don't mind if it's not over the top. I just always wonder how all these wonder women and Super girls get their skin pierced with a tattoo needle.
As knotty as I wanna be! http://www.clips4sale.com/store/10033
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

I have a pet peeve about tattoos personally. Particularly with superheroine models.

What comic book character has tattoos? Really, very few, and usually they're the asian ninja type heroines.

If the model is going to have tattoos, yes, that's a personal life choice, and that's all good and well. I can respect that, but if youre going to ask if i like it in my model. No. I dont.

For the life of me, i can not understand why models get tattoos. Their face, body, and looks in general, are the commodities, that they're selling. Why are they going to ruin it and limit the work they do with tattoos?

Paris is a perfect example of that. She did very good work, and have a very clean cut superheroine look about her till she started adding tattoos. Were not talking little ones here and there some where private, were talking really big ones that limit the costumes you can wear unless youre just going to flaunt the tattoo.

I've noticed she's taken to just wearing long sleeves, and costumes and stuff to cover it up, but that's limiting her roles and the work she can do. Why would a professional model hurt herself professionally with tattoos like that?

They go to great lengths to stay in shape and look good. (ie. Christina Carter made a comment about hitting the gym to work off the Thanksgiving calories) They work on it, sweat on it, and spend a good bit of time on it, and then they belittle their effort by stamping tattoos all over their body? This still makes no sense to me.

It just feels unprofessional to do. I cant for the life of me understand why models do it.

That would be like me making a perfectly good render, that i'm pleased with, and tracing out a pre-k stick figure to scan to put out there for viewable artwork.
cdrei
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I would consider it acceptable in most video projects, but out of character for most heroines to have a tattoo. Given the budgets and limited profitability (at least according to what I've read here) of most SHIB videos, one has to make allowances for the odd bit here and there which may be out of place. Really, we're lucky to receive as much material of decent quality as we do. I'd rather see a good release with tattoos or other minor aspects which don't seem to fit than have projects fail to develop because the absolutely perfectly suitable models or actresses aren't available for work at affordable rates, or won't do this type of material or whatever.

But I'm also a bit of a crank. :laugh:
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

I guess I don't have problem with smaller ones. I hate huge tats on legs especially.
it2007
Henchman
Henchman

Kitten wrote:It just feels unprofessional to do. I cant for the life of me understand why models do it.
Because 90% of "models" in the business of adult fetish videos ARE NOT professionals, or models--just young girls who want to get paid for having fun, sex, or doing sexually related things. That's the truth. It's ridiculous what gets by as "models" anymore.
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

Not a fan of tattoos but if it's not that much I dont mind.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

it2007 wrote: Because 90% of "models" in the business of adult fetish videos ARE NOT professionals, or models--just young girls who want to get paid for having fun, sex, or doing sexually related things. That's the truth. It's ridiculous what gets by as "models" anymore.
The line between in for fun and professional is pretty thin. Professionals get paid for what they do. So if they're expecting to get paid and make steady income on it, that has to be a context to look at.

Paris may be in it for fun, but she's done more stuff in the genre (with and with out tattoos) than most. If she were going to keep doing that, why get such blatantly huge tattoos in difficult to cover places when you film?

Let's take Emily Addison. A hugely popular model/actress around here. How much appeal would she lose if she had tattoos running up and down her arms, down her back, and around her legs? How much of that clean cut good girl mystique does she lose with it?

If they were going to model/film biker chick videos (is there a market?) okay, sure i guess they can get away with it. In the context of the topic poll, i have to think the people that view it the other way is seriously in the minority.
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thank you Kitten. I agree completely with your first post. Superheroines in comics and full length films never have tattoos. Tattoos do not go with the superheroine image, and in my opinion a model with large or numerous tattoos playing a superheroine ruins the video.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

In mainstream TV and films, actors and actresses have tattoos and make up spends hours in some cases having to cover them up or filming from an angle where they don't show. You aren't going to see producers in this genre spending the time and money to cover them up.

I know for me it detracts from the suspension of disbelief to see them on a superheroine,
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

All the flowers in the meadow are precious.

Just remember, if all the colors are the same, you only need one crayon in the box.
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

Mr. X wrote:All the flowers in the meadow are precious.

Just remember, if all the colors are the same, you only need one crayon in the box.
So the difference between blondes, brunettes and redheads aren't enough for you? Once again, this isn't an indictment against or for skin art. Just seeking opinions.

lerxstcat
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Mr. X wrote:All the flowers in the meadow are precious.

To be fair, you do Poser art, so it's not an issue for you. If a producer uses a model with tattoo sleeves for a superheroine role, and his video doesn't sell because of that, then for him or her it becomes an issue. It's not a right or wrong thing, but if people won't buy, you're screwed, right?
JoeC
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Hard to be honest about this without risking someone's feelings, but since you asked it's a turn-off for me to see tattoos on a woman.

An unusually beautiful model might be able to get by with something behind the neck or a "tramp stamp," but the "sleeves" or ink that wraps around the torso makes me want to hurl.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

lerxstcat wrote:
Mr. X wrote:If a producer uses a model with tattoo sleeves for a superheroine role, and his video doesn't sell because of that, then for him or her it becomes an issue. It's not a right or wrong thing, but if people won't buy, you're screwed, right?
I suppose this is the bottomline.

It might be a lifestyle choice for them to do, but it's a choice that doesnt affect just them. Producers have to look at the impact such a thing is going to have on their projects.

You have to sense by the way the poll is going, and the conversation going back and forth the direction of the sentiment of the community. I think the polls would be even more lopsided, if there was a third options of 'neutral' or 'dont really care'. I suspect that these votes might have gone pro tatoo as a sympathy vote.

Regardless of the official stance of the producers and models, you have to sense that they're not insensitive to this topic. I'm guessing sales were off and on decline for the stuff Paris was putting out for a while, and they finally wised up and started dressing her in long sleeves and what not to placate the problem. I think this is a good move. I just think it's a shame that it's going to limit the roles she can play and the things she can do because of the tattoos.

She had fair skin and a toned athletic body and she went and ruined it. (apologies for her name coming up so often, but she's the one that comes clearest in my mind as having great potential, and it being ruined because of this.)
WndrWmn28
Producer
Producer

I understand that tattoo is extremely popular, personal expression, blah blah blah. I,personally, don't care for it on superheroines. They are suppose to be virtuous and super strong, etc. Kind of ruins it to see Super Girl portray the fact that bullets bounce off her without a mark but apparently a tattoo needle can penetrate her skin, LOL It just detracts and I'd rather have them cover it with make up or a costume that doesn't let it show
Shellene
aka Wonder Woman :)
http://www.clips4sale.com/store/15727
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I made my comment to show the absurdity of blind acceptance. If all are to be accepted and all are interchangeable then you don't need choices.

So I 100% stand behind someone's choice to like or not like something. You make a choice and their are consequences. You choose to have a sports car and scratch the word "swell" on the side of it with a screw driver don't expect people to buy your car. Mark up your body and don't expect people to like it. People CAN dislike something.

On the chloroforum I got into this "discussion" which resulted in the acceptance police showing up and scream accept accept accept relentlessly until the conversation was shut down. Again if all things are interchangeable you effectively destroy choice. If all the colors are the same you only need one crayon in the box.
ledonatello
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Not into tattoos on superheroines. It's almost a dealbreaker. Mind you, a small symbol here and there can be fine. Paris in particular has such a beautiful body, and I'll never understand the reasoning for those awful sleeve tattoos.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Personally tattoos are a turnoff. I cannot help that my brain sees them as disease. To the extent I get past that, they're often aesthetically displeasing, like chrome accessories on a modern sports car or Ugg boots.

I'm glad that Paris has basically confined her "work" to her arms -- long sleeved costumes aren't so bad -- because her talent and enthusiasm for many aspects of the genre would be sorely missed. When she's been a villain and exposed her ink I've tended to give her a break because I know her effort and overall appeal generally overcomes the disfigurement, but she's the exception, and it's made begrudgingly. I hope she keeps her legs relatively unmarked because catsuits do nothing for me.

All that said, I'm kind of surprised that Paris hasn't created a character that uses her ink as a significant element somehow. Not saying it would be a turnon, but it's obviously an important personal expression and it might be interesting to incorporate it.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Well it's around a pretty solid ninty percent that are against it according to the 'secret' poll.

Regarding the conviction of those willing to verbally state their position on the topic, i think the tattoo lovers have been shut out. The closest they've gotten is the token sympathy 'tolerance' comment, which isnt really a 'i love' tattoos sort of stand.

Hopefully producers (and actress/models) will take note of this poll.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I view tattoos like cigarettes. Its a fad though a long lasting one. Cigarettes in the past were the domain of the cool people till everyone started smoking. Then the cool people became the biggest cigarette snobs. Now they are literally anti-cigarette Nazis.

I see the same will happen with tats. Now that it seems like almost everyone gets one the people who started and thought they were cool will start seeing them as bad. Kind of like that Dr. Suess Star Bellied Sneeches story. My guess is there will be a new generation of young, "hip" people who will flat out hate tats and think they are the refuge of the "other team" and become all draconian about banning them or de-normalizing them. Sadly they are rather hard and expensive to remove so its not a very easy to correct the mistake.
lerxstcat
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Mr. X wrote:I view tattoos like cigarettes. Its a fad though a long lasting one. Cigarettes in the past were the domain of the cool people till everyone started smoking. Then the cool people became the biggest cigarette snobs. Now they are literally anti-cigarette Nazis.

I see the same will happen with tats. Now that it seems like almost everyone gets one the people who started and thought they were cool will start seeing them as bad. Kind of like that Dr. Suess Star Bellied Sneeches story. My guess is there will be a new generation of young, "hip" people who will flat out hate tats and think they are the refuge of the "other team" and become all draconian about banning them or de-normalizing them. Sadly they are rather hard and expensive to remove so its not a very easy to correct the mistake.
Tattoos are not nearly as big a turnoff to me as cigarettes, mostly because I am physically allergic to tobacco smoke and it makes me ill. Tats are something that don't turn me on per se, but are not an active repulsion to me the way cigarettes are either. Now is there something wrong with me not wanting to be made physically ill? If it didn't affect me that way I probably wouldn't care that much, as I can take or leave tattoos if I like the person wearing them. But with tobacco I don't need the literal headache associated with it. I don't see that as making me a nazi, just someone who doesn't want to get sick.
WndrWmn28
Producer
Producer

I agree, it's a massive fad. One that I hope goes away soon. Can you imagine all those people who mark up their body at 80, with their 'ink' running through their wrinkles? YUCK!
I don't have any tattoos, nor do I smoke, and I am perfectly fine with that! My favorite superheroine to portray is Wonder Woman and I firmly believe that WW wouldn't do those things to herself :)
Shellene
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

No on the tattoos for heroines....yes for tattoos on the villainess

I love seeing beautiful strong tattooed brunettes dominating petite tight little blonde heroines....now thats fn hot! That long dark hair and super hot tattood body rocking a huge strapon as she walks over to corrupt little miss innocent....maybe even after she tames the little bitch she can tattoo her name on her ..claiming her as her own....of course while she is in tight bondage and gagged...we dont want to hear all that bitching begging and complaining!
Kamenrider
Henchman
Henchman

I'm with batgirl1969 on the no for super heroines but personally I'd rather the villains also don't have them and if they do not to extreme in size and amount
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Just imagine lets say Kat von D dressed up in her tight outfits dominating...lets say a sweet innocent blonde tylor swift....ok....now tell me that opposites image is not incredibly hot!
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

WndrWmn28 wrote:Can you imagine all those people who mark up their body at 80, with their 'ink' running through their wrinkles? YUCK!
To be fair, are you interested in seeing naked 80-year-olds without tattoos?
lerxstcat
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

batgirl1969 wrote:Just imagine lets say Kat von D dressed up in her tight outfits dominating...lets say a sweet innocent blonde tylor swift....ok....now tell me that opposites image is not incredibly hot!
Ironically, Kat endorses a makeup line that covers up tattoos. Have your cake and eat it too? I do think it's a good idea though.
WndrWmn28
Producer
Producer

Imagineer wrote:
WndrWmn28 wrote:Can you imagine all those people who mark up their body at 80, with their 'ink' running through their wrinkles? YUCK!
To be fair, are you interested in seeing naked 80-year-olds without tattoos?

LOL well, no, but the way some people are drawing all over their bodies nowadays, unless they plan on wearing a full body zentai suit, it'll be quite unavoidable!
Shellene
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

My neighbor just turned 68 and got her 1st tattoo. Weird thing is, it's NEW and looks like an old Navy tatoo and turned green within a couple weeks. It must have something to do with your skin elasticity?
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots! go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!
WndrWmn28
Producer
Producer

superheroinebabes wrote:My neighbor just turned 68 and got her 1st tattoo. Weird thing is, it's NEW and looks like an old Navy tatoo and turned green within a couple weeks. It must have something to do with your skin elasticity?
Did they mean for it to have that 'vintage' look? lol I don't have any tattoos, so I don't know that much about them. The closest I've ever come to a tattoo is when I would get a transfer one from my cracker jacks box when I was 6, lol
Shellene
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

superheroinebabes wrote:My neighbor just turned 68 and got her 1st tattoo. Weird thing is, it's NEW and looks like an old Navy tatoo and turned green within a couple weeks. It must have something to do with your skin elasticity?
I don't know much about them other than what others tell me but some go in stages like they put down the black first then later add color.
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

Mr. X wrote:
I don't know much about them other than what others tell me but some go in stages like they put down the black first then later add color.
I do NO think she was going for a vintage look. It looks TERRIBLE. It's all smeared. Everyone I'm sure has seen an old navy guy with a tattoo from like 20 or 30 years ago. It looks like one of thpse and it's all green! I do NOT have any tats either so I dunno?
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots! go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!