Our Power Girl Concept Influence?

General discussions about superheroines!
DefeatedHeroines

I'm thinking about doing something like this in a different color for my Power Girl type character…. thoughts?

Supergirl77
Sargeant
Sargeant

Very nice design but it's hard to imagine a Power Girl character not being in white
Gomur
Henchman
Henchman

Oh wow! That would be sick. Jeff Chapman does AMAZING work on his Deviant Art page. Been a big fan of his for some time now. I have to echo the last poster's sentiment about a Power Girl costume without white. It's like doing a Wonder Woman analogue in green - ya just don't do it!
Ripper1
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Am I the only one woh kind of likes that REd/Blue/White outfit from Justice league Europe.

Don't think I have seen any video anywhere with that outfit , I mean it has a lot that will show off any models assets :)
Maybe it could have different colors & possible represent an evil side to powergirl hence forth creating a good vs Bad Power girl Saga ? ? ?

Examples of outfit I am talking about
http://sequart.org/images/Power_Girl_changing.jpg

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/879/ ... rgirlb.jpg

I think it might be a good outfit, but I must be alone never herea anyone talk about this version :wavecry:
huphi
Neophyte
Neophyte

My thought is if it aint broke don't break it! Its awesome as is.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

If you are intent on changing the costume I'd say you need to keep the picture window and white in the main costume. Sure change the color and style on her cape, boots, etc but i think you need to keep those two core elements.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
DefeatedHeroines

sgz6 wrote:If you are intent on changing the costume I'd say you need to keep the picture window and white in the main costume. Sure change the color and style on her cape, boots, etc but i think you need to keep those two core elements.

Eh, I already have a Heroine in white… I want to try something else… The picture window stays. The cut from this photo I like… I'm just tired of everyone doing her in white. I may try and fail… but I want to at least offer something new-ish. :)
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I say go for it! No one knew they would like Wonder Woman until she was created; no one liked Supergirl until she came into existence. Make it happen :)
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
Slone
Henchman
Henchman

I think it is fine if you change the color from white, but keep the main color something light and bright- like a sky blue for example. Also, I think the actress would be best as a bright eyed, blond haired girl. For me, the entire vibe of Power Girl and her costume needs to be bright, positive, and upbeat.

If you end up with a brunette in a dark leotard with a hole cut out, that won't even seem "Power Girl inspired" to me.
Viraleus
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

DefeatedHeroines wrote:
sgz6 wrote:If you are intent on changing the costume I'd say you need to keep the picture window and white in the main costume. Sure change the color and style on her cape, boots, etc but i think you need to keep those two core elements.

Eh, I already have a Heroine in white… I want to try something else… The picture window stays. The cut from this photo I like… I'm just tired of everyone doing her in white. I may try and fail… but I want to at least offer something new-ish. :)
Okay, I can understand wanting to do something new. Maybe an amalgamation between the classic white PG look (complete with boob window of course) and the underrated shiny gold costume she wore for a limited time? Image below drawn by the talented Franchesco BTW.

DefeatedHeroines

Viraleus wrote:
DefeatedHeroines wrote:

Okay, I can understand wanting to do something new. Maybe an amalgamation between the classic white PG look (complete with boob window of course) and the underrated shiny gold costume she wore for a limited time? Image below drawn by the talented Franchesco BTW.

That's a cool photo… and I was actually leaning toward the gold color already… I think I want to completely omit white from the costume altogether… We'll see… I have to find the actress first anyway before I even both with the costume lol
Viraleus
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

DefeatedHeroines wrote: That's a cool photo… and I was actually leaning toward the gold color already… I think I want to completely omit white from the costume altogether… We'll see… I have to find the actress first anyway before I even both with the costume lol
Gold would work very well as a primary color, but I know it won't be your only color. Maybe white or silver for the peripheral items (gloves, belts, etc). Looking at Jeff Chapman's design again, I do like the bare arms, but the model would have to pull them off with nice shoulders or biceps. Sorry, I am a fan of toned women, probably more than most here. :smart:

Ultimately, you've created some EXCELLENT costumes thus far, from Valor up to Haze, so I have no cause for concern. I know this one will rock as well.