Group / Collaborative customs - what's your experience?

General discussions about superheroines!
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I've seen a couple of threads here on the forums regarding group customs.

How do those work, exactly?

I'm thinking that the content producer really need to run the operation and collect the money from all participants, right?

Who has creative control? Who settles disputes about content?

The reason I ask is that I wrote a 16-page 4-super heroine script with original characters (and costumes) and I sent it over to one content producer and they quoted me a price of (brace yourselves) $7500!

I can't afford that.

So I was kinda toying with the idea of asking some folks if they wanted to split the costs in exchange for some input into the script. For example, my script contains 2 fight scenes and I'm not really into that, so the script just basically says "insert fight scene here". And I know there are some folks on the forums who really love that stuff and have specific requirements and things they like to see. On the other hand, I don't really want to give up creative control of my characters, story, or plot.

So the whole thing is probably never going to happen. But I'm just curious about how group customs work, how they have turned out in the past, etc. So any experience anyone has with group customs that they would like to share would be most appreciated.
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

You might want to look on this forum at "Producers Corner", "HypOnlineMedia", "The MOTHER of all customs".
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

viking wrote:You might want to look on this forum at "Producers Corner", "HypOnlineMedia", "The MOTHER of all customs".
Yeah, saw that. But it's a REALLY long thread and it seems to have died about a month ago. Did that video ever actually happen?
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

the MOTHER of all customs has yet to be made. For the longest time it was a matter of finding the right model/actress for Super Girl. Once we pretty much agreed on one, MH contacted me saying he may have trouble filming a key sequence. Which is very understandable. I haven't had a chance to to discuss a solution with him yet.

As far as members of the forum getting together and getting the script together, I REALLY enjoyed that experience. Everyone's ideas were heard and included to the best of my knowledge. We didn't have too many disagreements, and everyone involved seemed to be VERY excited about the project. I very much looked forward to checking the forum everyday for new ideas and thoughts on mine.

Unfortunately It's my dream scene and my choice of actress for Super Girl that has been causing the problems. Hopefully I can get in touch with MH soon and we can hammer it out! I'm still VERY optimistic,
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Do you have a sense of how many participants there are and how much each is paying into the making of the video?
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

I have some rough numbers from that forum, but I was hoping to get a price from MH before I REALLY got after people to get an official "who's in" list. I think we are right around 1/2 a dozen... If not a little fewer. I may have to write a post there just keep it alive.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Okay, thanks for all the info. I'm curious to see how (if) it comes out and if he will do another one. :)
Unmaskee
Henchman
Henchman

I was wondering what was happening with the MOAC.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

DrObiCaffi wrote:the MOTHER of all customs has yet to be made. For the longest time it was a matter of finding the right model/actress for Super Girl. Once we pretty much agreed on one, MH contacted me saying he may have trouble filming a key sequence. Which is very understandable. I haven't had a chance to to discuss a solution with him yet.

As far as members of the forum getting together and getting the script together, I REALLY enjoyed that experience. Everyone's ideas were heard and included to the best of my knowledge. We didn't have too many disagreements, and everyone involved seemed to be VERY excited about the project. I very much looked forward to checking the forum everyday for new ideas and thoughts on mine.

Unfortunately It's my dream scene and my choice of actress for Super Girl that has been causing the problems. Hopefully I can get in touch with MH soon and we can hammer it out! I'm still VERY optimistic,
Yeah, I'm sure we can reach some sort of compromise. I think we really need to break it down to the key "money shots" we want to see and have a discussion with MH - either on the forum or through PMs - over what is and isn't achievable.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."