Over The Shoulder (OTS) Carries

General discussions about superheroines!
athenaartemis
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Hi everyone. Recently, a customer suggested I include over the shoulder (OTS) carries in a production. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about what makes a good over the shoulder carry? Is there anything to be avoided? Looking to add some variety here.-Tyr Garm
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

a great full shot of the butt without any cape or anything in the way is great. I don't care if there are stockings or bare. Love them both. Make sure the heroine is KO'd though, not groggy.
Camvoy
Producer
Producer

Lift with the legs, not the back. Then again, you probably knew that. ;)
Kalel577
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

A shot from the rear, showing the woman's back, hair and arms dangling limply down behind the assailant's back.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The best ots carry needs these things:
1)shots of her from all angles,as well as close ups.You need to see the arms flop back and forth as well as her hair.
2)close-ups of her butt,with some gentle slaps and groping
3)an outfit that shows off her butt the most,like a skirt or leggings.
4)and with me she needs to wear pantyhose but that's not THAT important.

Richard
sabrejack
Henchman
Henchman

And most important of all, for %$#@'s sake don't drop her on her head...

...unless the script calls for that.
athenaartemis
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Thanks for the responses everyone. They are certainly helping and please keep them coming.

One question I have is how do you deal with a heroine like say Supergirl or Batgirl who has a cape? How should the cape be managed so it doesn't ruin OTS butte or head/arms shots? -Tyr Garm
daphne
Producer
Producer

sabrejack wrote:And most important of all, for %$#@'s sake don't drop her on her head...

...unless the script calls for that.
+1
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

a cape can sometimes work if you can see up the skirt-- if not, just lift it-- all depends really. batgirls cape just move it out of the way IMO
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Actually the main reason to have a ots carry is to see her butt.So get that damn cape out of the way!! :)
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

The model should be completely limp (no holding on, no crossed legs). Avoid capes and long skirts (and villains hands) that get in the way of the view of the model's rear. While the view of the model's rear and legs should make up most of the scene, it is a good idea to get shots from the side and of the villain walking away from the camera while carrying the heroine. An OTS carry of a bound (hands behing the back) and struggling heroine can work. Some very good scenes have involved heroines who are OTS carried after part or most of her costume has been removed. Spend some time on the carry scene. Too many OTS shots are static and last only a few seconds.
athenaartemis
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

viking wrote:The model should be completely limp (no holding on, no crossed legs). Avoid capes and long skirts (and villains hands) that get in the way of the view of the model's rear. While the view of the model's rear and legs should make up most of the scene, it is a good idea to get shots from the side and of the villain walking away from the camera while carrying the heroine. An OTS carry of a bound (hands behing the back) and struggling heroine can work. Some very good scenes have involved heroines who are OTS carried after part or most of her costume has been removed. Spend some time on the carry scene. Too many OTS shots are static and last only a few seconds.

@Viking

Unfortunately some superheroines just have capes like Batgirl, Huntress, Super Girl, Mary Marvel, Power Girl etc and would look silly without them. I think the best bet is to make the cape shorter say down to the small of the back so the cape doesn't block butte shots OTS or otherwise.

A bigger issue is an OTS walking away from camera. Should cape fall down over heroine's head or stay on heroine's back?

For length I'm thinking 45 seconds - 2 minutes to allow for full effect and safety. Keep sending the feedback! Happy Thanksgiving. -Tyr Garm
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

viking wrote:The model should be completely limp (no holding on, no crossed legs). Avoid capes and long skirts (and villains hands) that get in the way of the view of the model's rear. While the view of the model's rear and legs should make up most of the scene, it is a good idea to get shots from the side and of the villain walking away from the camera while carrying the heroine. An OTS carry of a bound (hands behing the back) and struggling heroine can work. Some very good scenes have involved heroines who are OTS carried after part or most of her costume has been removed. Spend some time on the carry scene. Too many OTS shots are static and last only a few seconds.
I agree about a million times :) Long shots from every angle.You can at a certain angle even see her eyes closed and perhaps her mouth slightly open.In other words look like you are REALLY out. :)