Picture palace of Peril episode 1 now available

General discussions about superheroines!
Rye
Producer
Producer

Hey guys I wanted to tell everyone about my new friends from the UK called Picture Palace of Peril. They are a new Superheroine company with their first film already in post production!

Teaser and New trailer below!

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Please take a look and give them a warm welcome as their first effort looks to be quite promising.

Their website is currently in development but they will be keeping an eye on this thread if you have any questions!

Rye
Last edited by Rye 10 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Whoa! That bad bitch has one sexy voice, and the looks to match!
I for one support her evil schemes!

Happy Christmas.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Love the headband. :)
I didn't really get a sense of the fight scenes, though. Too much story and talking in the trailer and not enough of the action to get a real sense of the video style.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

The trailer seems like just a brief glimpse, but this looks promising (at least from the acting). I can't wait to see more as this release nears!
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Another thread was posted on them about a week back. They have some unedited fight vids on their youtube page along with a sexy Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel like character.
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

Looking pretty sweet - add in a fair amount of action and it'll be an awesome vid!

Kinda nice to see some attention to detail on the acting - it's not Shakespeare, but pretty decent.

Looking forward to seeing the finalised product.
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Test Fight.

[youtube][/youtube]
GMan2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

tallyho wrote:Whoa! That bad bitch has one sexy voice,

Anyone play the Saints Row IV video game? That girl sounds just like one of the characters in it, Asha Odeker. I mean it's scary how similar their voices sound. :yes:
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

There's some awesome new preview pics over at HeroineMovies.

It's looking like a fairly awesome production - and reportedly lots of on-location scenes in future productions. Thinking some awesome vids to come!
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

The producer's opened their website, found here:

http://www.perilpalace.com

Looking pretty decent - not sure if there are any new previews, but there's some bio info and backstory stuff.
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Website looks good, but does not hint as to what content they are after. Is it PG-13? The video clip does look promising.
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

Pretty sure it's PG-13, though from the look of it there's some awesome fights.

Not sure on the peril front, but imagine there'll be some. Will have to wait and see.

The production values alone, from the looks of it, make it a likely buy though IMO
Picture Palace Of Peril
Producer
Producer

The Peril Palace website went live today, please check it out, I would love to hear your thoughts. If you have any questions feel free to send me a message.

Tori L.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I know there's a link earlier in the thread but I'd suggest adding the site link to your signature.
Good luck with it.
Just seen on your site you have booked a stand at Cardiff Comicon. I went this year, it was great , queues round the block. What are the dates? Will see you there on the Saturday

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Picture Palace Of Peril
Producer
Producer

Cardiff Comic Con is 1st & 2nd March so certainly do come and say hi!

If you buy a ticket in advance you can probably skip those huge queues, that's what I did last year. You can buy your ticket from here

http://www.cardiffcomiccon.com

We were only just told yesterday that a stand had become available so we have a month to pull something together. Looking forward to it!!

Tori L
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Great thanks!
Really enjoyed it but I wasn't expecting it to be so busy last year and thanks for the ticket link.

I hope to god that's not an international weekend!

Picture Palace Of Peril
Producer
Producer

It was so busy wasn't it! And the free talks weren't very well advertised but we did make it to Gail Simone's talk.

Our friends from Los Angeles had a stand at the last Cardiff event so I went Saturday and Sunday to see them.

Lol @ international weekend!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I've checked, it isn't, Hurrah!!!
:D

Did your friends enjoy it?
It was way busier than I thought it would be and there were some fab cosplayers.
The girl as Brian Blessed as Vultan was my fave but I didn't get a pic of her.

Picture Palace Of Peril
Producer
Producer

Yes our friends enjoyed it very much, they were selling their handmade books at the con. I took them out on a night out in Cardiff and they found the sights of St Mary St and chippy lane at 2am a bit of an eye opener :laugh:

Wish I had seen the Brian Blessed cosplayer, sounds hilarious!! Although I did get to see the real Brian Blessed...or was it?

The actress who plays Scarlet Fox in our first film will be attending the comic con on Sunday 2nd March in full costume :thumbup:

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Excellent!
Glad your mates enjoyed. Chip Shop Alley isn't what it used to be.
St Marys at 2am... it's like a zoo of humanity...full of Roid Boys and Valley Commandos looking for a fight. Need a heroine like Scarlet Fox to sort em out.

Look forward to seeing her in the flesh as it were

tobar220
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Soundin like a good series. I'd assume you guys are uk based? Bit of a journey all they way from the US for Cardiff comic con!

Hope u can sort a stand in time. Not that long to work it all out!
Picture Palace Of Peril
Producer
Producer

HI Tobar220,

We are a UK based company butI would love to have a stand at a US comic con one day! I had an arts stand in California last March (arts festival) and had a fantastic time.

You are quite right we don't have a lot of time to sort out the stand! We've got a large plasma tv sorted but everything else needs to be made up (dvds, banner, postcards, posters etc). I'l be in costume as Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel over the course of the weekend which will be fun and we have the lovely Scarlet Fox attending to help promote our film project. I'm an artist so I am also going to be making a few super-heroine themed paintings to show. Maybe I can see what the forum users think of my drawing and painting skills once I knocked a couple out!

Thanks for the good luck wishes, we might need them!

Tori L
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

That is pretty damn tight! - sure you'll get a fair amount of attention with Scarlet there though!

Will probably see you guys there on Saturday or Sunday :-)

I'm getting a weekend pass - but have a ton of other things that weekend. Will have to see when I'm able to make it into the main floor.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Picture Palace Of Peril wrote:HI Tobar220,

We are a UK based company butI would love to have a stand at a US comic con one day! I had an arts stand in California last March (arts festival) and had a fantastic time.

You are quite right we don't have a lot of time to sort out the stand! We've got a large plasma tv sorted but everything else needs to be made up (dvds, banner, postcards, posters etc). I'l be in costume as Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel over the course of the weekend which will be fun and we have the lovely Scarlet Fox attending to help promote our film project. I'm an artist so I am also going to be making a few super-heroine themed paintings to show. Maybe I can see what the forum users think of my drawing and painting skills once I knocked a couple out!

Thanks for the good luck wishes, we might need them!

Tori L
We gave up on doing comicon. The convention used to separate adult material from the rest so we didn't have to worry about kids. Then they just mixed everyone into the general populace. We had Stan Lee's booth right across from us about 8 feet away so kids all around our booth which made us nervous as shit. Really, when some little 6 year old girl wants to sit in Ultra Woman's lap I am NOT comfortable. Oh and the dads who wanted kid shots with Ultrawoman... and her cleavage.... Oi. The convention is expensive, you have to get rooms, set up booth etc. It just wasn't worth the money. Our sales figures never spiked after the convention.
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

Must have been awesome to see all the SHC stuff at comic con! - although I'm pretty sure the PPoP guys are going for PG-13 content as a max, so hopefully not such a massive issue as the stuff SHC produces mixing with a younger audience.

Definitely odd that the organisers would knowingly mix the two types of content so closely - somebody not doing their job there? Or just no thought whatsoever.

Knowing a few peeps involved in organising such events - can say the latter wouldn't surprise me :-/
Picture Palace Of Peril
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:
Picture Palace Of Peril wrote:
We gave up on doing comicon. The convention used to separate adult material from the rest so we didn't have to worry about kids. Then they just mixed everyone into the general populace. We had Stan Lee's booth right across from us about 8 feet away so kids all around our booth which made us nervous as shit. Really, when some little 6 year old girl wants to sit in Ultra Woman's lap I am NOT comfortable. Oh and the dads who wanted kid shots with Ultrawoman... and her cleavage.... Oi. The convention is expensive, you have to get rooms, set up booth etc. It just wasn't worth the money. Our sales figures never spiked after the convention.
The conventions in the USA are much bigger and better than here I think. This is one is fairly small scale and inexpensive. We have thought about whether we would generate sales through a comic con and came to the realisation that it's probably not going to be our target audience but we are taking the opportunity to the raise our profile, network and maybe get some sales from it.

Your comments about your comic con experience made me chuckle :laugh:

Tori L
tobar220
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Sounds weird to have the SHC stuff in the all ages area of the con, would still be awesome to see an SHC booth at comic con though!

Wish I could go to the Cardiff Comic Con, would be cool to see your stand - if only ir wasn't so far away :/

Since you'll be selling merchandise at the con I assume the first vid'll be out by then?

Is there an ETA on the release?
Picture Palace Of Peril
Producer
Producer

Hi Tobar220

Edit is progressing well and ETA is by end Feb. Bit later than we originally planned but will be worth the wait!

I'm looking forward to the con and we are busy getting some posters done. Infact we have a photoshoot booked this Thursday with a couple of our actresses in readiness for the event.

Thanks for showing your interest, shame you can't fly to Cardiff for the con as it would be nice to meet SHF members!

Tori L
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

It'll be cool to see you guys with a stand at comic con - not sure how much time I'll have to roam as there's a packed schedule of tournaments over in the gaming section :-/

Shall definitely try and make it over at least 1 of the days - If I'm not too exhausted from strategy meetings and such :-/

Gonna be some serious skirmishes going on - pretty much must see stuff for any gamers! Not totally sure if it'll be on twitch yet - would have to confirm that. Still, gonna be awesome!
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

Unfortunately won't get to play many games myself - will definitely enjoy any coaching I get to do though. Always nice to give the new generation some pointers ;-)

I'll definitely try and stop by :-)
tobar220
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

The end of feb?! I can't wait this long! :-(

Will the posters be for sale too? Or perhaps posted somewhere? Would like one :)
Picture Palace Of Peril
Producer
Producer

tobar220 wrote:The end of feb?! I can't wait this long! :-(

Will the posters be for sale too? Or perhaps posted somewhere? Would like one :)
February is a short month though! :laugh:

Yes the posters will be for sale at the comic con, and I'll put them online soon If you would like a copy :thumbup:

By the way, if you subscribe to the mailing list on our website I will be sending out a link to behind the scenes photos from a photo shoot we did earlier this week.
tobar220
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

A bit shorter not enough tho!

Are you makin an onljne shop for the pics then? On your website?

Photoshoot previews sound cool. Will you be doin mail list discounts too?
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I absolutely love that Captain Marvel costume. I've actually always been a big fan of the skintight full body costumes for superheroines every bit as much as leotards and such for the design potential they allow for, so when Miss Marvel changed her wardrobe I liked it a lot (minus her decision to change her hairstyle, hope that ends soonish)

Anyway, I am looking forward to video's with that outfit!
tobar220
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

@Viridian - Was never really that struck on Captain Marvel. Personally muuuch prefered Ms Marvel - the earlier red costume.
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

I'm actually really liking the catsuited captain. Shows alot of effort's been put into the costume IMO - not simply bought from a shop and thrown on! :-)

Thankfully the end of Feb's coming up fast!
Picture Palace Of Peril
Producer
Producer

tobar220 wrote:A bit shorter not enough tho!

Are you makin an onljne shop for the pics then? On your website?

Photoshoot previews sound cool. Will you be doin mail list discounts too?

Hi Tobar, no full photo set as the shoot was just to get one poster image done for the comic con stall. I'll be setting up a shop to sell some of the merchandise we have so I can add photo sets to that at a later date :)
Picture Palace Of Peril
Producer
Producer

tobar220 wrote:@Viridian - Was never really that struck on Captain Marvel. Personally muuuch prefered Ms Marvel - the earlier red costume.
\

I do love the Captain Marvel costume, it's certainly my favourite. I've got that one custom made and I also have the Ms. Marvel costume. It's funny that you mention the earlier red costume as I commissioned a lady in the US to make it for me last month. Can't wait to get it!
tobar220
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Saw the t-shirts on your twitter - looking pretty cool.

Feb had gone fast, looking forward to the chance of getting this :-)
Picture Palace Of Peril
Producer
Producer

tobar220 wrote:Saw the t-shirts on your twitter - looking pretty cool.

Feb had gone fast, looking forward to the chance of getting this :-)
Thanks Tobar, glad you liked the t-shirt!

Feb has gone fast and we are finishing off the sound edits tonight and film has to be ready for the comic con weekend. If it isn't this is what I'll be doing to the editors LOL! :ras:

TL

swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

Definitely have edited under pressure in the past, but that's a whole new dimension!

Get it done or Ms Justice'll take you down O.o ... X-)
Rye
Producer
Producer

Hey guys, Picture Palace of Peril has a new trailer for their film. Please check it out below!

[youtube][/youtube]
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Love the little bit about "it will be on heroinemovies.com in no time" lol.

Looking forward to this, but also hoping you guys are working on that Captain Marvel bar fight, that looked promising! :)
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I picked up the vid at the con and watched it this morning.

ITS GREAT! Full of nice little touches and humour, thanks to a superb script and good direction.
The two leads are both good but the actress who plays Kitty England is particularly fabulous! (As a villain she has much more meat to her character to play with than the heroine)
The fight scenes are well shot, for the most part they play out well with some good choreography and its clear they've tried hard to make it work and look believable. Plus there are some nice signature moves from the heroine like a double punch and double palm push that just some how works - the whole thing is just great fun. There's a very minor continuity faux pas but that kinda just adds to the enjoyment of it all. I loved it.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Can't wait for next part!

Oh, yes and the heroine and villainess are smokin' hot!

Picture Palace Of Peril
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:I picked up the vid at the con and watched it this morning.

ITS GREAT! Full of nice little touches and humour, thanks to a superb script and good direction.
The two leads are both good but the actress who plays Kitty England is particularly fabulous! (As a villain she has much more meat to her character to play with than the heroine)
The fight scenes are well shot, for the most part they play out well with some good choreography and its clear they've tried hard to make it work and look believable. Plus there are some nice signature moves from the heroine like a double punch and double palm push that just some how works - the whole thing is just great fun. There's a very minor continuity faux pas but that kinda just adds to the enjoyment of it all. I loved it.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Can't wait for next part!

Oh, yes and the heroine and villainess are smokin' hot!
Hey Tallyho! Really pleased you enjoyed it. Thanks for the feed back, really appreciate it. We were really pleased with the girl's performances, we were aiming to do something a little different with this film so glad you liked it. Did you put the posters up on your wall yet ? :laugh:

Glad you spotted the 'deliberate' continuity mistake :lol:

Tl
tobar220
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Wish I could watch it right now!

There is only 3 days till release. So think I can just about wait. Not that I'm counting :D
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

It's just a really good laugh. There's a couple of class one liners which I won't spoil for you but theres a few ordinary ones that because of the excellent comic timng from the lead actresses just become great.

The story is a nice change, the girls look gorgeous, the fights are tidy enough and the script and camera shots are good - it's just good all round entertainment. It put me in a good mood for the rest of the day.

I don't think.you will be disappointed

Picture Palace Of Peril
Producer
Producer

The Good, The Bad & The Cyborg is now available for download at http://perilpalace.com/season-1.html

Slightly earlier than planned, we are pleased to be able to release the first episode of Season 1. If you enjoy a great story line and fantastic acting this is a film for you. This episode features the confident super-heroine Scarlet Fox and the brilliant villainess Kitty England.

Running time: 22 minutes
Price $25
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Great stuff! Kitty is an awesome villain/anti-hero and the dialogue was wonderful. Great fight scenes to!