Do you also like Science Fiction?

General discussions about superheroines!

Do you like science fiction as well as superheroines?

Nah, only superheroines for me!
11%
I like them both equally.
19%
I lean more towards superheroines, but I still like science fiction.
51%
I like science fiction more, but I'm still into superheroines.
19%

Total votes: 37
admin

For me, I've always had an interest in science, which actually came before my superheroine crush. My first interest in science fiction was old movies on Channel 11 and also the 4:30 movie (All in the NYC area).

So I am curious, for the members, are you into science fiction or just superheroines? There isn't a real reason for this poll outside of my curiosity.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

In a mainstream context, I like SH and SF equally. In a fetish context, however, it depends on what elements push the right buttons for me.

Yes! :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :sick:
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

:lol:
Great one HA!
Its like Black Scorpion gone as wrong as it can go!
:lol:
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

Actually as a genre I much prefer science fiction. Stories set in the future or set in space always pique my interest at least a little bit, and I'm always inclined to be more forgiving of them than I should be, just because of their setting. At least as concerns mainstream, it's much more my thing - while I prefer super hero stuff in the context of fetish. Thinking about it now, I haven't read a non science-fiction novel in YEARS...
Lost in the night, and there is no morning.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I like science fiction as well, my main gripe is the recent lack of quality in both media and literarture.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Imagefor bondage perils, Batgirl, nylonika, and o-girl.... wish there was more like Barbarella. I would do really like steampunk women in bondage perils...
Tuathal
Henchman
Henchman

sneakly wrote:for bondage perils, Batgirl, nylonika, and o-girl.... wish there was more like Barbarella. I would do really like steampunk women in bondage perils...
I like the way you think, love steampunk women :thumbup:
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

My favorite part of Steampunk...

The "Granny" boots!

Meanwhile, in a galaxy far, far away, those Team Unicorn girls tease us with the sexiest Galactic Empire uniforms ever...

phpBB [video]
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
staggerlee
Sargeant
Sargeant

Love the sci-fi stuff. I'm more into superheroines I'd say, but I remember seeing photosets from galacticgirls.com when I was younger and it blowing my mind.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

My interest in sci-fi depends almost entirely on how many cute girls in skintight spacesuits there are walking around. Galaxy Trio, Space Ghost, etc. are enough for me in that regard.

Also, at the risk of being lynched, Slave Leia's gold bikini is overrated. I've seen that thing a dozen times and never got what the big deal was.
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I like science fiction mainly for the ideas (I have been guilty of perpetrating some Star Trek fan fiction), not the costumes. But I can't deny that especially in the 60s, 70s and 80s, sci-fi movies dressed their female leads in some pretty superheroine-esque costumes. One of my favorites is an Italian cheapie called "Escape from Galaxy 3". I have no idea what the plot is about, but just watching Sherry Buchanan walk around in that body stocking and leotard is a treat in itself. :)
Ezekiel
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I'm a big fan of sci-fi. The only sci-fi film coming to mind that's really really great from the scientific point of view is Stanley Kubrick's Space Odyssey, my favorite sci-fi setting must be the one in the original Alien, because it leaves so much to your imagination and really conveys the felling of a deep space hostile to human life, and my all-time favorite sci-fi film must be Carpenter's "The Thing". I'm willing to trade anything for the chance to travel to Antarctica and fight shapeshifting horrors from a past beyond reckoning :laugh: . On the same theme, I cannot help from recalling H. P. Lovecraft's story "At the Mountains of Madness". I can only hope someone will one day make a film true to Lovecraft's spirit.

I'm not that big of a fan for superheroines in sci-fi settings. To me, superheroines work best in a fantasy/medieval settings, but they can have steampunk or futuristic elements.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Omega Woman wrote: Also, at the risk of being lynched, Slave Leia's gold bikini is overrated. I've seen that thing a dozen times and never got what the big deal was.
So true. She's no Wilma Deering.
Maskfan
Henchman
Henchman

beedeebeedeebeedee....hubba hubba!