Batgirl's costume: one-piece or two?

General discussions about superheroines!
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

An incredibly pedantic question, I realize, but I'd like to hear any thoughts you guys have on it.

I myself have never been able to decide whether Batgirl's skintight costume should be a one-piece catsuit (with some kind of hidden zipper up the back) or a separate top-and-tights combination that just looks like a one-piece (possibly because her utility belt hides the seams). I believe that in the classic Adam West show, though, it was indeed a solid catsuit.

Anyone have specific preferences?

(For that matter, I hear there's a similar matter concerning Wonder Woman's outfit, but only a few people seem to think that the red-and-gold part and the blue, star-spangled part consist of a single one-piece swimsuit.)
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It has too be the one piece suit from the Adam West series.

Among the many things wrong with Halle Berry's Catwoman was the costume.
Omega Woman wrote:An incredibly pedantic question, I realize, but I'd like to hear any thoughts you guys have on it.

I myself have never been able to decide whether Batgirl's skintight costume should be a one-piece catsuit (with some kind of hidden zipper up the back) or a separate top-and-tights combination that just looks like a one-piece (possibly because her utility belt hides the seams). I believe that in the classic Adam West show, though, it was indeed a solid catsuit.

Anyone have specific preferences?

(For that matter, I hear there's a similar matter concerning Wonder Woman's outfit, but only a few people seem to think that the red-and-gold part and the blue, star-spangled part consist of a single one-piece swimsuit.)
cdrei
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

It might make sense for the '66 TV-costumed Batgirl to have worked an unobtrusive zipper into the seam at her waist. The Silver Age and Bronze Age DC versions don't show any obvious way that such an arrangement might have worked. The New 52 grimdark Batgirl doesn't use zippers, since she's welded into a suit of battle armor or something. And the Batgirl of Burnside just wears pants anyway, as far as I know.

I usually write the zipper-in-the-waist thing, when I treat the character. Makes bathroom breaks easier. Figure she'd want that in a suit.
jones
Neophyte
Neophyte

One