Punished Heroines' The Guardian Aurora Review

Superheroine Video Reviews By The Fans!
Forum rules
Create One Thread For Each Video Title.
In the Subject Line, put the title of the video, followed by the production company, or producers name.
Rate the video out of 10 at the bottom of your post.
Your review must be constructive. Tell us why you liked it, or why you didn't.
javcritic
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Running Time: 30 min, 30 sec
The Guardian Aurora stars two of my favourite superheroine actresses of all time : Ashley Rose as Trinity and Stella as the titular role, two sister superheroines who are competing as a team to win the trust of leader Zandor but as they are given they're last task they soon find it's not all cut and dry as they are given a series of events and unexpected twists that will change both of their lives forever, but will it be for better or for worse? Lets find out!

And the first thing that jumped out at me about this film like every SHG film was the costumes, Stella's being delightfully constricting and absolutely skin-tight having beautiful shimmer and eye catching colour to it, while Ashley's has a more low key colour scheme, having less shimmer to it yet making up for that in its great varying features plus having an extremely revealing neck to fully show off Ashley's elegant cleavage, aswell as its overall dark/low key colouring matching the villainous and deceitful side to her character.

Which leads me to the acting itself and in particular Ashley who absolutely nails her villain role, coming across as greedy and domineering in her character whack it gives off a potently intimating presence to her during every scene she's in aswell as commanding alot of the screen too, and for that I definitely have to applaud her,

and as for Stella, she doesn't let playing just the perilous heroine opposite Ashley become a disadvantage at all and instead masterfully overcomes this hurdle, playing the fateful heroine role so intensely and convincingly, putting across her pain and terror with absolute conviction aswell as titillating us in her own way instead of relying on villainous screen presence as she completely captivates us with the gasps, winces and moans that she gives that hit our ears just as sharply as they do exquisitely.

The fighting is eye catching and definitely holds your attention with its vast array of different shots and techniques, even if the fighting itself is a little clunky in the at points.

The pacing is sharp and suspenseful giving a graceful flow in its editing/directing that paired with the eye catching direction/fights means there's no way you could get bored at any point during your watch.

The direction itself is abundantly titillating without feeling overwhelming and delivers some truly great shots of our heroines and Stella in particular, while as said before holds tons of tension and suspense for what's to come and how the story will pan out.

And as far as the build up goes for a SHG project it pretty much has no build up at all and feels much more like a SHW project more than anything, which isn't bad and is actually really refreshing to see especially if you would prefer something more straightforward and in your face with its plot and ideas and don't want to wait for a tone to be set,

and yet despite this the writing itself is some of the most innovative and provocative I've seen in a SHG film, giving much more of a taboo feeling to its storyline without going into too risqué of a territory with it, and paired with the tension filled/perfectly paced out sequences this aspect is a definitely one of the films most dominant.

The soundtrack is epic and extremely effective, working really well with the scenes and amplifying each one its behind greatly whether its putting across a feeling of excitement, terror or mortality it does so effortlessly.

And then as if that all isn't enough we are given an wholly triumphant and thrilling finale, holding you in its grasp the entire time as it abundantly titillates and thoroughly spellbinds you till you're just as exhausted as the heroine when its finally over.

So overall this film is gritty, kinetic and unrelenting in its themes, direction and acting constantly tantalizing you with each aspect throughout as it takes you on a potently spellbinding roller-coaster ride while always keeping up a great level of suspense for what's to come till you're just like our heroine, fearing what they're going to throw at you next and if you can handle it, so with that being said I definitely have to recommend this film.

10/10

Buy It Here!
http://shg-media.com/Default.asp?PageID ... 2417911306