(male) villain or (female) villainess?

General discussions about superheroines!

(male) villain or (female) villainess?

Strong preference for male villain exclusively :devil:
14%
Considerable preference for male villain but female villainess can be good sometimes
9%
Slight preference for male villain but not a big deal one way or the other
1%
Either one is good :spidey: don't care
3%
I prefer non-gendered monsters or peril traps so the gender of the villain is irrelevant to me :jacko: :spider: :jacko:
4%
Slight preference for female villainess but not a big deal one way or the other
8%
Considerable preference for female villainess but male villains can be good sometimes
15%
Strong preference for female villainess exclusively :kiss:
47%

Total votes: 79
decendingskulls
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Just a fun poll to see where people stand on this. You can change your vote if you change your mind.
Ave atque vale
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Count me in for villainesses. I don't run with the "I like to imagine myself as the villain" crowd when it comes to superheroine fetish; rather, I think it's more humiliating when the super heroine gets taken down by a villain from the supposedly-weaker sex.
decendingskulls
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Omega Woman wrote:Count me in for villainesses. I don't run with the "I like to imagine myself as the villain" crowd when it comes to superheroine fetish; rather, I think it's more humiliating when the super heroine gets taken down by a villain from the supposedly-weaker sex.
I agree there is something very kinky about that.

I've always been staunchly on the side of preferring a male villain myself.
Generally I see males as a more convincing threat and I also love the sibling rivalry sort of playful sexual tension that you get when a positive and a negative square off. That said I have been gradually easing up on my stance on this. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but there is something kinky about a superheroine being defeated by "one of her own" so to speak. The familiarity actually makes it more humiliating in a way.

A scene that comes to mind is Secret Hero Productions 'Marvel' when the villainess telekinetically causes Marvel to masturbate to orgasm against her will and then once that afterglow subsides Marvel looks at her and says "You bitch..." Something about that exchange was very hot.

I also like the exchange that follows...

Villainess: "Any last words before I kill you and steal your powers and become the new Marvel Girl?"
Marvel: "I'll always be Marvel Girl. You'll never be anything but a skank."
Villainess: "I'll be sure to have them write that on your tombstone."

Which left me wondering if there is a tombstone somewhere with those words inscribed on it. That would be pretty funny.

So I'm not in the villainess preference camp just yet, but I can at least say that I do enjoy it both ways :) when it's done right.
Ave atque vale
decendingskulls
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Wow so far villainess is winning 13:2 I did not expect this outcome!
Ave atque vale
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

decendingskulls wrote:Wow so far villainess is winning 13:2 I did not expect this outcome!
Me neither. :ybat:
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
ltrltr
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Prefer female villains. They're just sexier.
digitalbleh
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I dont care really male or female, my preference is the male villain, as in most videos that i watch the male takes there role as the villain seriously.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I am for the supervillaness too. I just find Ff more erotic also love when the tables are turned.

One observation with a good percentage of males wearing the ski masks it loses something
Ezekiel
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I've read something many years ago, I'm not sure if it actually stands or not, but it would be interesting to bring out. The idea was that when two men realize that they are interested in the same woman, their general tendency is to avoid each other and feel bad/embarassed for the situation in which the guy losing the competition is. In contrast, women in the same situation would have the tendency to rip each other's face off :laugh: (once your competition is ugly, she will no longer be attractive).

I do not know how true this is, but I think it underlines my interest in F/F scenarios. The general setting I enjoy the most is of a villainess who is either an ordinary woman or in any case far less capable in terms of abilities than the heroine, and she wins by exploiting one of the heroine's weaknesses in a really dirty way. Sharing the same gender as the heroine, the fact that the villainess has proven to be superior to her earns a special significance, which could be connected to what I've written above. From my perspective, this kind of magic is what makes the fantasy special, but it is absent in M/F scenarios with a male villain. M/F scenarios with a male hero can be interesting as well, but in a way that is more straightforwardly erotic (think of the sexy villainess teasing a much more powerful hero, disabled in a way similar to the F/F case). The straightforward erotic element can be absent from the F/F fantasy, since the situation is by itself special.
SdaisyS
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Ezekiel wrote:I've read something many years ago, I'm not sure if it actually stands or not, but it would be interesting to bring out. The idea was that when two men realize that they are interested in the same woman, their general tendency is to avoid each other and feel bad/embarassed for the situation in which the guy losing the competition is. In contrast, women in the same situation would have the tendency to rip each other's face off :laugh: (once your competition is ugly, she will no longer be attractive).

I do not know how true this is, but I think it underlines my interest in F/F scenarios. The general setting I enjoy the most is of a villainess who is either an ordinary woman or in any case far less capable in terms of abilities than the heroine, and she wins by exploiting one of the heroine's weaknesses in a really dirty way. Sharing the same gender as the heroine, the fact that the villainess has proven to be superior to her earns a special significance, which could be connected to what I've written above. From my perspective, this kind of magic is what makes the fantasy special, but it is absent in M/F scenarios with a male villain. M/F scenarios with a male hero can be interesting as well, but in a way that is more straightforwardly erotic (think of the sexy villainess teasing a much more powerful hero, disabled in a way similar to the F/F case). The straightforward erotic element can be absent from the F/F fantasy, since the situation is by itself special.
Villainess for me, clearly.
Whether in books, written fics, movies, video games, Villainesses have something much more powerful than male villain.
After losing a first battle against a Superheroine, it is so sexy to see a Villainess, alone on her throne, plotting and searching for a way to defeat the Good woman, or even better, enslave her.
Seeing the evil woman laughing like crazy once she discovered a weakness, making the heroine crawl on all four ... well, there are tons of scenarios possible, but I feel much more arousal when the ultimate evil is a female.

I can of course have a lot of fun when a male villain dominate a heroine, but everytime, I think "That was good, but if it was a female instead, it would have more impact".
+ when you realize the strong male villain the heroine had trouble with is actually a servant of an evil queen...
Last edited by SdaisyS 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ezekiel
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I recalled this WW cover which sums up some of the things I wanted to say.

The scene would lose all of its power if Orana and/or the rest of the characters where replaced by men. To my perception, the humiliation WW endures is so much more harrowing when witnessed and brought upon her by other women.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Prefer villainesses, just because win or lose it's going to be hot. Men are okay in cannon fodder roles, but they're rarely interesting enough to carry a scene as the big bad.
MOT
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Villainess all the way.

I'm hoping one day for a supergirl v ursa movie or supergirl v nucleargirl movie.

I like the idea of supergirl being all powerful and then taken by suprise by a bad girl with powers at least as strong as hers.

Supergirl is down and out a few times but ultimately comes back to win.
valugi
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I also prefer woman villain, is also something that gets me more, I think far more sexy and interesting, and as a colleague said sometimes I see film as the man being villain and I think it would be much better with a female villain
supbond
Neophyte
Neophyte

I did expect this outcome. There are SOOOO many more f/f vids and stories made that there must be a financial motivator. Personally, those scenes do little to nothing for me since there's no one for me to relate to. I have no f/f fantasies, so...
niko999
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Villainess - partly because it's two hot costumes if it's vanilla and i like f/f if it's smut

also personally i have a bit of a psychological barrier on the violence etc if it's m/f (unless it's done 60s Batman style)

The exception for me is where a male villain is more of a mind controller/techno gadgets type villain who captures the heroine(s) so he can get

- the superheroine to make out with her sidekick
- the superheroine to make out with his sidekick
- random innocent bystander females to make out with the super heroine (who can't fight them cos they're being mind-controlled)
- the superheroine to make out with random female bystander in front of the TV cameras
- the superheroine to make out with a super villainess who has the hots for her but can't defeat her alone
etc

or he has a female sidekick who can't keep her hands to herself

Of course those scenarios would be hot with a mind-controlling villainess as well :)

edit: now i think of it i'd probably go for a villainess in the second set of scenarios as well purely for visual reasons even though in my imagination i'd probably swap it and play the villain.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

niko999 wrote:Villainess - partly because it's two hot costumes if it's vanilla and i like f/f if it's smut

also personally i have a bit of a psychological barrier on the violence etc if it's m/f (unless it's done 60s Batman style)

The exception for me is where a male villain is more of a mind controller/techno gadgets type villain who captures the heroine(s) so he can get

- random innocent bystander females to make out with the super heroine (who can't fight them cos they're being mind-controlled)
- the superheroine to make out with random female bystander in front of the TV cameras
- the superheroine to make out with a super villainess who has the hots for her but can't defeat her alone
etc

Of course those scenarios would be hot with a mind-controlling villainess as well :)

edit: now i think of it i'd probably go for a villainess in the second set of scenarios as well purely for visual reasons even though in my imagination i'd probably swap it and play the villain.
I like the way you think. :thumbup:
niko999
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Omega Woman wrote:
niko999 wrote:Villainess - partly because it's two hot costumes if it's vanilla and i like f/f if it's smut

etc

I like the way you think. :thumbup:
:D
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

It can be a man or a woman so long as they play the role well.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

For me its always villainesses.

I just get excited when a superheroine is met by an equally skilled/sexy/dangerous villainess. I can't quite put my finger on it its just...that's what I love for SHIP. Probably comes from seeing sexy fun villainess as I grew up, Catwoman, Poison Ivy (especially), Black Cat, etc.

I logic it out that since this fantasy that well if I want F/F than I can have it lol.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
Razerriddick
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

:wolverine:
Last edited by Razerriddick 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

sgz6 wrote:For me its always villainesses.

I just get excited when a superheroine is met by an equally skilled/sexy/dangerous villainess. I can't quite put my finger on it its just...that's what I love for SHIP. Probably comes from seeing sexy fun villainess as I grew up, Catwoman, Poison Ivy (especially), Black Cat, etc.

I logic it out that since this fantasy that well if I want F/F than I can have it lol.
M'Lord, you are an inspiration to us all. :yes:
decendingskulls
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Well, villainess is absolutly CRUSHING this poll! LOL!

You go, girl.
Ave atque vale
saxman314
Henchman
Henchman

Yeah, I guess everyone just wants to see girls being mean to each other. For me, I like to have someone represent me in the scene. I just don't find females that threatening, so the peril always seems tame to me when it's f/f. The rare exceptions are when you have someone jacked like Afrika play the villain, but then the writing is usually abysmal.

I prefer a scene where the heroine thinks she's in control, and then finds herself in over her head against a male who makes her feel weak and helpless, physically dominates her and then takes what he wants. The punching fetish ("grown men beat up a moaning defenseless girl" lol) is not for me, bondage is neither here nor there for me, female bad guys are uninteresting, I'm not into feet, don't care one way or the other about pantyhose, masks, toenail clippings or whatever... just good old heroine peril and rape vids like we used to have.

Domination is what is missing most of the time for me. The f/f vids try for it sometimes, but I rarely actually believe the villainess as a domme. Endlessly punching the heroine in the face, the stomach, the crotch etc. isn't really domination to me, either. Seems to me there are so many subsets, sub genres and sub fetishes being catered to, we get very little of the bread and butter stuff anymore.
Last edited by saxman314 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
decendingskulls
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

saxman314 wrote:bondage is neither here nor there for me, female bad guys are uninteresting, I'm not into feet, don't care one way or the other about pantyhose, masks, toenail clippings or whatever... just good old heroine peril and rape vids like we used to have.
Amen to this. Well, maybe "amen" is the wrong word to use while pining for rape vids. Um... Hear, hear!
saxman314 wrote:Seems to me there are so many subsets, sub genres and sub fetishes being catered to, we get very little of the bread and butter stuff anymore.
Interesting point. Now that you mention it, you may be right. Explains why there are so many vids I pass on too. Many times a vid looks good, but I can tell it's very focused on a particular fetish, and I lose interest.
Ave atque vale