Need assistance

For the new recruits! Come say hi!
Max Frost
Producer
Producer

Hello all,

I'm a new user here and am in need of some assistance. Last night I attempted to post some stills in the Nominations for the 2015 Superheroine Tournament section but as of today nothing is there and I haven't gotten a response from the administrator yet, so I thought I would post a shout out here and see if anyone could give me a hand. Could anyone be so kind as to tell me step by step how to do that? Don't leave anything out - I'm apparently not as tech savvy as I should be but I do follow directions well, so any assistance anybody could provide would be greatly appreciated as I would like to be an active participant on this forum.

Much appreciated,

Max
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

When you added the pic(s) did you click "Place Inline" next to the image, bare in mind there are file/image size restrictions on what you can upload I believe?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hi,
You can put a pic in from the web just by going to the site, copying the URL then go to make a post here and click the 'Img' box just above the text box for a message which will put '[ img][/img ]' these brackets in click between them and paste in the URL

Or from your PC-

In the FULL EDITOR bit for messages, click the

ATTACHMENTS tab next to the OPTIONS tab ( below the SAVE DRAFT, PREVIEW and SUBMIT boxes at the bottom)

Then click ADD FILES and select the pathway from your C drive

The photo may need to be resized though - after a few seconds as its checked you should see a green circle with a white tick on the far right alongside the file size if its good, if not a yellow triangle that when you hover over it gives you the acceptable dimensions. If its not going to fit you will need to edit or crop the pic and resize it to the right dimensions then try again

Assuming its accepted with a tick you can add a comment in the Comment box (I have added Krissy Lynn as Robina to mine below)
then click

'PLACE IN LINE'

and the pic will appear where the cursor is in the main text box -it will look like this with 'attachment' in brackets around the pic name
[ attachment=0]414553.jpg[/attachment ] (I've added spaces so you can see what it looks like)
414553.jpg
Krissy Lynn as Robina
414553.jpg (18.45 KiB) Viewed 3754 times
My pic of Krissy Lynn as Robina should be visible above. I added comments

Check that its visible by hitting PREVIEW repeat for any others you want and then SUBMIT

Hopefully that should be it.
T.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Max Frost
Producer
Producer

Hi tallyho,

Thanks for responding. I guess my files are way too big as I'm not getting anything like that. I clicked on attachments, then add files, selected the files from my hard drive - however they just appeared in the blank area under the add files box as a file name - I tried to copy it for you to see - that's it posted below. At no time did the image appear or did I get a place in line command. How do I re-size them so I can post them here?

Open_12.png
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

The image itself won't appear when you upload it, it will appear when you click the submit button. But as long as the filename is in the box, it will attach itself to the post.

If you click Place inline, it will put the image inside of the post, wherever you want it to appear.

I think once you try it and get it you will understand what we mean.
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

Your welcome!!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Max Frost wrote:Hi tallyho,

Thanks for responding. I guess my files are way too big as I'm not getting anything like that. I clicked on attachments, then add files, selected the files from my hard drive - however they just appeared in the blank area under the add files box as a file name - I tried to copy it for you to see - that's it posted below. At no time did the image appear or did I get a place in line command. How do I re-size them so I can post them here?

Open_12.png

Did you get the yellow triangle on the far right of the Attachments box ?

In the ADD FILES BOX you get (IN ORDER)

FILENAME, PLACE IN LINE BOX, DELETE FILE BOX, A BLANK BOX FOR COMMENTS, THE FILESIZE and then to the right a STATUS of either a green disk with a white tick which means its ok for you then hit PLACE IN LINE and it will show in CODED FORM (as I showed you above my pic in the previous post) or if its a yellow triangle its too big and you need to resize it

My Krissy Lynn pic that you can see works and is the right size to load up, so click on it and save to your PC and then try and re-up load it in your next post. Or try it with my my Kendra PIC below

Then you should get the hang of it
Attachments
batwoman-superheroday.jpg
batwoman-superheroday.jpg (422.06 KiB) Viewed 3714 times

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Max Frost
Producer
Producer

Hello again,

I only got the yellow triangle - and you're right - too big. Another dumb question - how do I re-size?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Open up file explorer on your PC, open up the picture and then you should have an option to edit it (my edit option comes up through Windows Live Photo Gallery) and thereafter one of the edit options should be to RESIZE ( before you do, hover over the yellow triangle in the ADD FILES box part of the message here and it will tell you the appropriate size pics to load up)

DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

My dear GOD that pic of Kendra is AMAZING!!! SHIT! I just drooled on my keyboard!
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Kendra really is the very personification of Batwoman in my mind. When I think of that character, it's her I'm imagining. I can't think of another SHIP character I can say that about.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Max Frost
Producer
Producer

Hello all,

I just want to thank all of you who responded for taking the time to help me out. It took a while longer than I would have liked but as you can see I got it done with your help. I hope you enjoy the posts and would love to see a few comments - please be kind though as my ego took a beating tonight due to my lack of tech prowess. Thanks again!

Max
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Don't worry about it. I don't know shit from wild honey when it comes to techy stuff myself.
:)

Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:Don't worry about it. I don't know shit from wild honey when it comes to techy stuff myself.
:)
Breakfast time must be interesting at your house.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

That's why I don't eat breakfast, I just kinda merge elevenses with dinner, (lunch for you yanks) tea and supper and eat all day long