Solaria (2015) Review

Superheroine Video Reviews By The Fans!
Forum rules
Create One Thread For Each Video Title.
In the Subject Line, put the title of the video, followed by the production company, or producers name.
Rate the video out of 10 at the bottom of your post.
Your review must be constructive. Tell us why you liked it, or why you didn't.
javcritic
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Running Time : 32 mins 35 secs
Solaria stars Gigi Allens as the titular role (a character very much inspired by supergirl) who after being confronted by villain Kalabast for crimes against humanity soon finds that his seemingly feeble attempts to defeat/capture her change after a new face is introduced…

And the first thing i liked about this film was how straight forward it was it’s sexuality, putting us straight into the action with no buildup/exposition beforehand and with the villain admitting straight away what he wants to do to our heroine instead of slowly introducing us to his new motives like other heroine films but I’m glad they did this as contrary to what you may think, being bluntly sexual can be just as absorbing if not more so than slowly building up the provocative content as most get to their peak of sexuality near the end, this one completely changes that formula by starting at that point meaning the only way is up from there on.

And its actress Gigi Allens is not only extremely beautiful but also gives off a very sensual feel to her character plus to every scene shes in with her slow and provocative mannerisms/movements which add a lot of atmosphere and tension to the scenes in their own right, but she also gives a lot of presence and dominance to her character too which is pretty unheard of for a supergirl-type role giving us the feeling that this one is a no nonsense, strong and forceful woman (which makes her inevitable fate all the more titillating because of this decision),

and while her delivery is a little rocky in the beginning, it gets a lot better as the film progresses and is not long before her ad-lib’s and delivery are delivered with just as much personality and conviction as her mannerisms do.

The fight scenes are well done and have a good way of keeping your attention while only sometimes do they ride the line between being engaging and patience testing and i was never bored during any of it.

The direction is solid overall, with nothing too distinct or distinguishable other than one thing i did like in particular which was the amount of complimentary/majestic shots it has our heroine which really builds up the anticipation for us to finally see this flawless beauty get her eventual ravishing.

I also love the fact that this film uses the power of unpredictability very well as it constantly switches who’s on top and who hasn’t got the upper-hand much more than most films which i think really works in keeping us engaged and is probably why i didn’t find the fight scenes boring at all with most other heroine films getting to a certain point where our heroines fate is sealed and then while there is a rewarding factor in this, it also breaks a lot of the tension as we already know how it’s going to pan out after this point making the second half usually not as engaging as the first but this film not only has it got a superior level of frankness in its sexuality to most films but also is able to constantly surprise and keep us on our toes by making us feel never quite sure who’s going to win guaranteeing that you’ll completely riveted throughout.

Also when the final table is turned it doesn’t devalue the rest of the film as we are given a much slower and more tedious process of defeating our heroine instead of most where its almost instantaneous as soon as they find her one weak spot but in this we find that she doesn’t have one specific weakness and they instead just have to keep wearing her down bit by bit which again amplifies the films watch-ability as there isn’t one bit we want to miss because every part is pivotal to her inevitable submission.

Another thing i like about the film is the amount of personality it gives it’s villains as it again adds another layer of watch-ability because we aren’t just seeing the cardboard cut out villains with nothing distinct about them instead we are seeing real characters on the screen with just as much personality and charisma as our heroine and there is also much more chat between our villains with webs being woven as their relationship grows more and more complex which again is very new for a heroine film to do,

although with this one of the villains does leave surprisingly early and the compelling issues in their relationship are left unanswered and you keep expecting him to come back at one point and overthrow the main villain so we can have our heroine ravaged twice, but he never does and this makes for an underwhelming ending as after such a heated build up you expect something much bigger to happen and compare to Firebird the sex scene is the usual and has nothing too distinct about it and while it does have some genuinely stunning shots of Gigi its still nowhere near as hard-hitting or as convincing as Firebird’s final scene and with a setup like that you’d expect something like that if not more-so.

So all in all while the film has an unsatisfying conclusion leaving some loose ends and lacks the innovative/fresh ideas of the rest of the film, it’s extremely gorgeous and talented lead, frank sexuality throughout, impressively distinct villains and heroine plus it’s ability to keep us engaged not only with it’s constantly unpredictable outcome but also how it’s heroine is taken down incrementally one bit at a time with mere relentless force definitely make up for these shortcomings it’s conclusion has, so with that being said i definitely have to recommend this film.

8.5/10

Buy It Here! :

http://www.thebattleforearth.com/Solaria.html

My blog where you can find tons of other reviews as well as this one :
http://javreviewsxxx.tumblr.com/