Lower file size movies starts today

General discussions about superheroines!
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

A few weeks ago someone mentioned that file sizes seemed to be too large. I promised that after our stockpile was gone all new movies would be presented in two formats. HD fill screen files which are rather large, however can be seen on your living room television, and a smaller file size just for your computer.
Instead of waiting until 2016 to start putting this out I have decided to put out the keri Spectrum movie out using this two file version. Expect it released later today or tomorrow.

As always thanks for commenting and suggesting ways we can improve our movies.
if at all possible you will find us accommodating.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The file size alone doesn't tell people whether they're getting the SD or HD version. One thing I'd add is the resolution. Such as 720x480 SD, 1280x720 HD or 1920x1080 HD.

If you right-click on the file, you can get the resolution from the third tab marked Details. Then it should tell you the frame width and frame height. To qualify as HD, a file needs to have a frame height of 720 or above.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:The file size alone doesn't tell people whether they're getting the SD or HD version. One thing I'd add is the resolution. Such as 720x480 SD, 1280x720 HD or 1920x1080 HD.

If you right-click on the file, you can get the resolution from the third tab marked Details. Then it should tell you the frame width and frame height. To qualify as HD, a file needs to have a frame height of 720 or above.
I understand that may be a great little trick for internet newbies but give me a little more credit than that. lol
But speaking seriously
I Actually know more details than that when i choose to export.
I just don't post that information.
I could, but when I first tried adding that info I asked if anyone was interested in seeing it
and nobody bothered replying so i stopped doing it.

The original gripe was "why are file sizes so big" no one asked about formats

Oh and Fun fact.
if you right click on a .WMV movie you don't get those stats.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I was just thinking it would be a handy signifier if the file is marked as SD or HD. Otherwise people are having to look at the file size in relation to the duration.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
centurion200
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Thank you. Offering two sizes is a great solution.
LordSnot
Henchman
Henchman

I prefer High, High quality. I wanna be able to see the sweat on her skin.