Paraclete and the enemy yet to come

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
sstone72
Neophyte
Neophyte

{Kara Crump Penthouse…last evening}

“Welcome Paraclete..I have heard so much about you..” Kara smiled, gazing at the heroine as she stared over the top of her glass and sipped her drink. “Please..come in..” and walked back inside and off the balcony..
“I am glad you were able to join me tonight.. as I told Tonya, I felt like you and I should meet and get acquainted.. and..”
Kara moved over to a white couch and sat down curling her legs underneath her before pulling the sheer golden gown over them. Patting the couch beside her, “..please…have a seat..”

“Paraclete.. I am a business woman.. and you…” Kara waived a delicate hand in the air.. “…are a notable figure that carries quite a following in the social and media world which makes you a celebrity.”
Kara stopped and took a sip of her drink, sliding her finger around the top of the glass in a slow circle as she continued talking… “the problem with celebrities is that public opinion is so fickle.. one minute they love you and the next minute well…”
Raising a delicate hand into the air and immediately, in a 360 degree circle around the couch, 3D holographic TV feeds from stations around the world appeared, showing Tonya and her wild eyed eroticism that took place at the pool. “..oh my, is that still news? I must ask your forgiveness, that is Tonya, my assistant and ..” she hesitated, licking her lips as she watched Paraclete’s face.. “..my lover.!“ she stopped and raised an eyebrow… ”..does that surprise you Paraclete..that I my assistant and myself would be lovers?.. you know…”

Kara casually took a sip of her drink and leaned forward towards the heroine…”..something about you reminds me a lot of her…hmmmm..” Kara chuckled as she locked eyes with Paraclete..”..of course, that would be silly…now wouldn’t it…Tonya…being Paraclete?...hmmmm” Kara smiled innocently at Paraclete..

Holding her gaze with the heroine to allow the silence to fill the air. as the news feeds continued to fill the air around both of them.. “..Paraclete, there is a very good social and business reason that you and I should have a…a..relationship… “ she paused and then continued…”..business and celebrity.. your social standing could add influence to Crump Industries and our name and reputation and product offerings could go a long way to help give you not only funding for any special pet projects you may have but would enhance your integrity among not only business but government circles at the same time..”
Shifting her gaze to the full size pictures of Tonya that appeared on the holographic images….”..lovely girl isn’t she.. if you are interested Paraclete, I can introduce you to her.. “ she stopped and turned her gaze back to Paraclete..”unless of course you already know her?”

Pushing herself up off the couch, Kara walked over to the 3D image, closed her eyes and traced her hands over the projected of Tonya’s body until she allowed her hand stop and cup the image of the projection of Tonya’s crotch.. “hmmm..with a hot body like that…hmm.. I just get so horney.”

Finally, shaking her head, Kara turned to Paraclete..”..think on it and get back to me.. come to my office tomorrow evening, say about 7 ish..and I can give you a tour of our offices….maybe you can even meet Tonya..”

{CatCo News Room}
“Now for a breaking news story exclusively from the CatCo News room….” the perfectly manicured blond with perfect white teeth kept a “news look” serious face being careful to move only her lips in apparent business like sincerity. Behind her, the digital magic of television displayed a full size picture of Paraclete with the words emblazoned across her picture…”Super Heroine Unstable????”

“It has come to our attention that the cities favorite Super Heroine, Paraclete has been seen acting in ways that raise questions that she may indeed becoming a hazard to the public by acting in ways that appear to show an instability in her mental state….” She paused for a few seconds for impact..”..we now cut to Jenny Moore who is with Mr. David Osman.. Jenny what did Mr. Osman view last night?”

The camera cuts to the reporter and a short, dumpy, balding man who looks around nervously…”..are we on?... man..this is soo great..” he rubs his hands together, the camera quickly going to a close up of Jenny…”..Beth Ann, Mr. Osman, an avid amateur astronomer just happened to be on the roof of his building last night star gazing and ended up being a first hand observer of a strange sight in the night sky…Mr. Osman, why don’t you tell us what you saw..”

Looking into the camera, David Osman nodded..”..why yes…Stephanie…”.. the reporter mumbled in the background..”..Jenny..its Jenny”

Ignoring the reporter, David Osman continued..”..there I was last night on the roof with my Yashica X200 Galaxy scope, which is on sale at Osman Electronics at 12th and Broadway now for a special price of only $4,999….”

“…there I was, looking for asteroid N100 which everyone knows will pass at a close 100Million miles from the Earth on May 21, 5010 and boom, there I saw her… that heroine name Paraclete…zooming across the sky and then, all of a sudden..well…well…just show the video…and note the clarity, 1080P on fast Photo SD card all for just $4,999 at Osman Electronics at 12th and Broadway..”

The screen suddenly cutting to a clear video of Paraclete flying across the sky when suddenly she spiraled out of control a moment, straightened up and then crash landed onto the roof of a nearby building before she re-appeared, opened the door of the roof entry and walked out of sight closing the door behind her..

“…there..there…did you see that.. she is just flying along and suddenly, she went all drunk crazy like and crashed into that building… you can see with the clarity of the Yashica X200, which by the way is only $4,999 at Osman Electronics, 12th and Broadway…that there Is nothing that hits her, she just goes crazy and crashes”

The camera cutting back to Jenny…”..there you have it Beth, Mr. Osman is correct, the cities favorite heroine appears to just loose her flight ability and crashes into a nearby building. The question that has to be asked is what would happen if a Super Heroine lost control and plowed into a bus load of children, or a parade, hospital or old folks home? Is Paraclete becoming a danger to the city and what can be done to insure the safety of its citizens,.. This is Jenny Moore, Catco News”
The camera cut back to Beth and going to a wide shot to include Danny Johns, her co-anchor..

“..Yes Danny, this is not the first instance where Paraclete has appeared to be a bit “stressed” or “off her game wouldn’t you say?” Going to a full shot of Danny…”.Indeed its not Beth, lets remember the tape that Paraclete sent to our own Cat Grant..accusing the cities own Brandy Helms, noted molecular scientist of being an evil scientist”
The video fills the screen as it runs..and upon ending…”..at Beth, these allegations were dismissed by Kara Crump who stood behind Brandy Helms”.

A video runs showing Kara’s speech to the city before it cuts back to Danny.

“CatCo News has just received this latest video…”

The video cuts to Paraclete…

An exchange of niceties happened and the pair sat down across from each other. Paraclete sat much like she had before, her body language open and receptive. "Look, Brandy. I'm not like the other super heroines. I'm not politically correct. I don't kiss ass. I'm not here to make myself feel good or what have you. I'm here because I believe in cutting to the chase. Bottom line, I treated you wrong."

"I acted on actionable intelligence using the eminent danger law that took effect earlier this year. I thought you were, or had knowledge of things that would put this city as a whole or even one citizen in danger. However, I did not do a thorough enough check on your background, nor the fact that you had a daughter. If I had, I would have went about things differently. For that, I am terribly sorry and apologize."

"I humiliated you not only in your own home, in front of your own daughter, but also in front of the world. I have made you less trusting of your own elite armed guards due to the ease in which I incapacitated them. Even worse, I have made you less trusting of the very super heroines your precious little girl adores. Most notably, me."

The video ending, the camera cut back to Danny, “…Beth, it appears that the heroine has admitted to falsely accusing and taking violating Brandy Helms Constitutional Rights and even more oddly Beth is this… another clip of video begins.

Paraclete shook her head and chuckled. "Nope. I just believe in vengeance. I bullied you in your own home. I crushed your hand like it was nothing. Granted I did heal it, but I still destroyed it for a little while. It caused you much pain. So you get a freebie. Actually, more than that because I caused your good reputation to be tarnished. Ms. Crump did a splendid job of clearing your name but I'm sure there's still people out there thinking poorly of you.”

“Yes Beth, it would appear that not only did Paraclete invade Brandy Helms home, terrorized her daughter, but also committed assault and battery against a noted scientist and Nobel Peace Prize runner up.

The camera zooming in on Danny’s face. “…the question has to be raised regarding Paraclete’s mental state. Are Super Heroines above the law which they claim to exist to uphold? It would appear that Paraclete could be indeed unstable, both in her powerful body and her mental state. CatCo news has spoken with city officials and they have refused to comment, however, we have learned that the city has entered into discussions with the FAA who as everyone knows controls all travel in the skies, in hopes of passing new regulations for all Super Heroines who fly. The mayor has stopped just short of suggesting that Paraclete submit herself for mental evaluation…This is Danny Johns…Gooodddd Dayy”.

{Crump Tower – Tonya’s Office}

Hissing, the doors to Tonya’s office barely made it open before Grannie Wilkerson walked in appearing to try to keep as dignified look as possible on her demeanor as she possibly could.
Stiffly walking over to where Tonya sat, Grannie’s hand drew back and swept across the young girls face with a loud “smack”.

“THAT young lady is for acting like a slut and embarrassing our family and the company who has so graciously given us both jobs, income and a chance at decent life for a change.

I am so disappointed in you Tonya, you have never, until now, ever given me need to that. I just don’t know what has gotten into you.. seducing Ms. Crump like that in public.. I mean, grabbing the woman like that and kissing her like that and causing..all kinds of un-natural feelings to arise in that nice woman. I could understand a man Tonya, but another woman for goodness sakes.”

Taking a deep sigh, Grannie fought the urge to grab the girls head and twist it around backwards.. She could almost feel the satisfying crack of bones in Tonya’s neck in her thoughts.

Finally, calming herself. She reached down and took Tonya’s hand, “..dear.. I don’t want this job to go to your head.. if you cant handle yourself, then maybe you should talk with the grocery store again, maybe you can get your checkers job back…”
Finally, releasing Tonya’s hand, Grannie turned and walked back to the door, “It’s as much my fault as yours.. we just have lost touch with our family values.. Tonya Wilkenson, I want you home tonight for a family dinner tonight at 7pm. We must fix this now”

Leaving the office, Grannie turned the corner and on the other side, Tonya Wilkenson walked back towards her job in the kiddie day care center. Passing the ladies room, Tonya took a sigh and stepped inside to check her makeup and stepping up to the glass, Paraclete looked herself over, ran her hands over the slick white suit before running her hands up and pushing her large boobs up and back into place before she reached into her pocket for her compact and touched up her makeup, then turned and walked back into the hallway to make her way back to the Day Care center where she stopped at the door briefly then stepped inside. “Grannie…Grannie..Grannie..” the kids yelled in glee as Granny Wilkenson picked up a book “reading time sweeties”
releqy
Neophyte
Neophyte

{Kara Crump Penthouse - Last Evening}

"I'd prefer to stand, but thank you." Paraclete refused Kara's invitation to sit as politely as she could. With the illusion spell in place, Kara appeared like a big, ugly troll to her and sitting next to something like that gave Paraclete the creepy. As Kara spoke, the superheorine listened and looked about the lavish penthouse, which in itself was like four of her own apartments. Truly the high life. Paraclete smiled and gave Kara a nod at the remark about how fickle public opinion is. "Very true, Ms. Crump. I've seen them love a hero then hate a hero simply because they publicly bash a popular figure. It's crazy how they expect superheroines to not have the same freedom of speech or the same rights as they do. I blame the politicians and the media they control for most of that."

When Kara suddenly popped up the 360 degree 3D holographic feeds of the encounter Tonya and Kara had at the pool, a wave of excitement washed over Paraclete. The Paragon of Power went a little wide eyed as Kara introduced Tonya as not only her assistant but her lover as well. It was both surprising and welcomed all in one. Paraclete smiled a little more. "No ma'am not surprising at all. Why wouldn't a woman as hot as her be your lover?"

However, the more Kara fiddled with the idea that Paraclete was really Tonya, the superheroine began to sweat a little and that smile slowly faded some. Knowing she must counteract this quickly, Paraclete clapped her hands a few times and bellowed a hearty chuckle. "Ah yes, I get that all the time. People will come up to me and talk about how I remind them on their daughter, mother, sister, aunt so on and so forth. I usually one-up them by saying 'who knows, maybe I am?' soooo... " Paraclete shot a smirk at Ms. Crump... "Who knows, maybe I am???" Paraclete ended it with a playful shrug before turning to the images once more and gazing at them. A spurt of lust was bubbling to the surface as she took in the viewage.

It was arousing to watch herself in Tonya form being mauled and pawed in full view of the public. Her nipples were rising and threatening to pierce through the impenetrable suit that selfishly covered them. With her back toward Kara Crump, Paraclete continued to listen to her, and when Kara threw her the pitch about business and government circles, Paraclete looked over her shoulder at her with a raised eyebrow... not the favorable one either. "I don't trust the government, so no thank you for that little pitch. Business and other things, well, at least with you I am willing to hear you out on it."

A strong gust of wind blew in from the opened glass doors of the balcony that Kara hadn't shut when they stepped inside. The air ruffled Paraclete's gorgeous golden blonde locks and sent her golden cape shifting to the side, giving Kara a bird's eye view of the superheroine's extraordinary rear end and toned back. Returning her gaze to the images in front of her, Paraclete bit in her bottom lip and a slow lap of her lips was made with her tongue. "Yes ma'am, Tonya is very lovely. But there's no need to introduce us. After all, like I said, I am Tonya..." Paraclete looked at the "troll" Kara and did a playful little smirk, then giggled. "All joking aside, I'd rather just deal directly with you. No outsiders. No Tonya. No Brandy. You get what I mean?" Once again, Paraclete paused, this time as Kara cupped the vagina of the Tonya image. Her breath lost a step but she quickly regained her composure.

"Before I'll commit to anything with you, I need some information given to me. First is the Omega 13. I want to know all about it. I already have some intel on it but not as much as I'd like. Also, rumor in the superhero community is that the Flash was killed in that incident at the mall. I'm not sure if you have contacts inside law enforcement as much as I do, but if you so perhaps you can shed light on any truth to that rumor. Lord knows we're worried about him. Not a one of us have heard from him since that horrible day."

Paraclete frowned a little bit. "Do you think you can have that stuff ready for me by 7pm tomorrow evening? And is there anything else you'd like to discuss?"

{Press Hall - Central City Hall - Day after Paraclete and Kara Crump meeting}

Gathered inside the large press hall of city hall, reporters of all creeds and colors elbow nudged each other to get the best possible spot nearest the empty podium. Murmming, bothe loud and whispered, could be heard from the glob of suits and dresses. Camera devices of all shapes and sizes littered the landscape also, making it even more difficult terrain for journalists. Then, suddenly, they all went silent and the lights from the media devices went off in unison, providing a rather blinding but oddly beautiful scene. The whom they capture stepping to the podium is highly skilled lawyer, Jennifer Walters. The studious looking yet stunning young woman smiled brightly at them all and adjusted her glasses, then looked to her left and right, nodding at the Mayor and Police Commissioner respectively. Digging right into the meat of things, she spoke.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the press and good citizens of our fine city, thank you for being here. For those of you unfamiliar with me, I am Jennifer Walters. I am serving legal counsel for the superheroine named Paraclete. At 8 am this morning local time, under my advisement, Paraclete turned herself into authorities to answer for the allegations made by various news outlets. She has spent the entire day speaking with a plethora of investigators, psychologists, detectives, and representatives from the prosecuting attorneys office. Paraclete has handed over all the evidence she had in relation to Brandy Helms, which led her to confront the celebrated scientist in her own home, using the new but controversial 'Eminent Danger' law which went into effect earlier this year. Under the letter of that law and at the time of her visit to Ms. Helms's residence, the consensus thus far in the legal and law enforcement community is that she was acting in true and just manner of actionable intelligence."

Immediately there was a mixed reaction among the people in the press hall. Some cheered, some called BS on it, while others just stood mouth agape not really knowing how to take in the information.

"Furthermore, Paraclete submitted herself to drug and alcohol tests. Those tests have come back showing no drugs or alcohol in her system. She's clean as a whistle, ladies and gentlemen. The mental evaluation and tests have also come back showing her to be fit of mind. So she is not going crazy either. Now I know some of you are still angry over some of the things she has said and done in regards to Ms. Helms, and I am sure some of you think Paraclete is going to get off 'scott free', but that is not necessarily the case. She can still face fine and charges if Ms Helms decides to press them. Speaking of Ms. Helms, isn't it a little odd that she willfully records encounters between herself and my client, then submits it to all the social and media outlets afterwards claiming her rights have been violated and was assaulted and terrorized... yet.... she has not filed charges? Could it be that she, perhaps, is not as nobel peace as we think? What do we really know about Omega 13? Ms. Helms has not told us. Ms. Crump, her employer has told us, but is she really qualified to give us the break down of such a thing, given she has no expertise of the said field? Is it not possible that Ms. Crump was merely speaking about things Ms. Helms told her about? Nobody is above being manipulated, not even Ms. Crump. And how does being a runner up for the nobel peace suddenly make one incapable of perpetrating acts of evil or even screwing up medical or scientific tests and experiments causing damage to the subjects or the populace? Yasser Arafat won it and he was registered as a known terrorist. Henry Kissinger and Le Duc Tho won it while carpet bombing was still going on. Even Obama won it and he's pretty controversial."

Jennifer paused to let the increasing unrest among the press die down.

"Bottom line, ladies and gentelmen, Ms. Helms could be the most amazing person on the planet, or she can be down right evil. We just have no idea. All we know is what Paraclete's body cam showed us, which was Ms. Helms admitting that Omega 13 is bad news. Hopefully what Ms. Crump later said is true and it has been refined to serve a better purpose. But we don't know that for absolute certainty, do we? All this aside, Paraclete has repeatedly expressed a willingness to serve jail or prison time as well as pay any fines or suffer any penalties otherwise if she is truly in the wrong. The rest is up to Ms. Brandy Helms. Thank you all for your time. I will turn over the podium to Paraclete herself, as she wanted to make some remarks of her own. Thank you."

The place became unglued with all sorts of mixed reactions, questions being hurled, cameras going off. Paraclete gave Jennifer a hug, spoke a few words to her, then took to the podium and raised her hands, asking for the place to quiet down. It took longer than she expected but finally it was quiet enough for her to speak.

"Thank you one and all. I'm not going to rehash anything that Ms. Walters just spoke about. I think she did a very good job of explaining things. I wanted to take this time to clear up a few misunderstandings. First of all, the video footage you saw of me crash landing on the roof of that building was a result of..." She paused for a moment. She really didn't want to admit it but for the sake of honesty and fairness among the public she felt she had to.... "Someone or some persons figuring out a way to circumvent a section of my impenetrable suit." She took a deep breath when she said it. As she expected, the press reacted with agape jaws and wide eyes, along with a million questions. Fear was in their eyes. They couldn't believe it. Neither could Paraclete. But truth is truth. "The attack I suffered wasn't a sudden bout of madness or drunkenness or whatever the media is spinning it as. It was indeed an attack. I feel this was most likely some sort of silent sonic weapon. These devices are rare but have been used, as we all know, against super heroes in the past by super villains. Hulk encountered it at one point. So did Super Girl. They both defeated such weapons and so will I. I don't feel that me being the victim.." She paused for a second. It felt so unreal, so unusual, so embarrassing to admit that she was the actual victim of an attack. "Of an attack means I should be blacklisted by the FAA and so forth. However, if the FAA truly feels that way, I will save any flying I do for emergency only such as to defend this city from whatever terror is unleashed on it next. No more leisure flying for me. I think that is fair."

More mixed reactions flooded the scene and Paraclete let it go on until they got tired and quited down.

"Now for the footage you've seen of my interactions with Brandy Helms recently. It is perceived through the media that I am admitting fault, taking the blame, and virtually incriminating myself. Let me be clear on this. What you saw was my failed attempt at trying to befriend her in order to ascertain more information on Omega 13 and any other cockamamie experiments she has going on. I tried to play the part of the apologetic wrong doer begging for forgiveness and she, being the incredibly intelligent and wise person that she is, saw right through it and turned it against me through the media. It was worth a shot but I screwed up. From here on out any dealings with Brandy Helms will be done within the confines of the legal arena. In doing so I, as well as my lawyer, Jennifer Walters, have moved a motion to secure a mental evaluation of Brandy Helms. I voluntarily did it myself and I see no reason why Brandy wouldn't do it either. Right, Brandy?" Paraclete stared right into the biggest camera situated in her view range. Then she smiled and did a left to right pan of the press.

"Look, citizens and press, super heroes are not above the law. Some may think they are, which is unfortunate, but nonetheless they aren't. That being said, sometimes the law isn't enforced the right way, especially if the ordinary human beings in the police and military are dealing with super powered near invincible entities. Sometimes the due process of a law actually allows an evil doer to commit acts of evil, which is so incredibly sad. In cases like those, the newly passed eminent danger law comes into play. The law has be skirted sometime so long as it is not completely broken. If I had truly broken such laws as the media has hurled at me, then I would be in jail right now or incurring some type of other penalty, but as Ms. Walters has stated, that is not the case. I hope this has cleared up any misleading media lines and misconceptions about me. Thank you for your time, and remember everybody, always aim for the moon in anything you do, because even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

After delivering the corny closing line, Paraclete waved, smiled, and blew a kiss to the cameras and walked off stage as the place tried to swarm her. Plenty of police and other security detail were in place to thwart it, allowing Paraclete and Jennifer Walters safe transit from the chaos unfolding in the press hall.

{Tonya's Office - the morning following the Paraclete press conference}

Tony was playing catch up on the phone and via emails. She had used a PTO day the day before, claiming she need to meet with an independent legal adviser in regards to the media whiplash she was suffering due to the lustful pool episode. She was talking on the phone and typing emails at the same time. So much work, so little time. When her Grannie traped into the the room, she remained seated and in shock. Finally the old lady had made contact with her, she just didn't know such contact would also include a powerful slap across the face. The phone flew out of Tonya's grip and she herself nearly out of her chair. Quickly clutching her cheek, Tonya just sat there in stunned silence as her grannie laid down the verbal smack down and told her to attend dinner that night at 7 pm to fix things. As her mamaw left, Tonya sat there with tears streaming down her cheeks. The slap had made its mark, not just physically but mentally and emotionally as well. It had woke her up.

Several hours later.....

Tonya made the last few calls and shot some more emails out then looked at the clock. It was 3:30 PM. Half an hour left until she could leave. Miraculously she had caught up on all her work and gotten ahead a little bit. So there she sat, the reality of her grannie's remarks really sunk in. She closed her eyes, nodded to herself, then typed up a letter on the computer. She printed it off and slid it into a manila enveloped, sealed it, then slide it under Kara Crump's door on her way out. Once she made it outside of Crump Tower, she battled back tears and headed toward the parking lot. In mid stride she stopped, shook her head, then pulled out the keys to her fancy high dollar car Kara had literally given her just for coming to work for her.

She looked around and spotted a homeless man a few blocks down begging for money. Still crying some, she approached him and gave him the keys. "BMW, slot seven, parking lot ten Crump Tower. Drive it. Sell it. Do whatever you want." He was gobsmacked and tried to converse with her but she quickly bolted, still sobbing some, and hailed a taxi. It was a long cab ride for her but she made it home, where she collected herself in her apartment and used the same equipment as previous to dig out the microchip in her neck. Once she had it out, she sealed it into an envelope and put it in a mail box to be sent to Crump Tower. She had forgot to do so among exiting the Tower.

She had to be at a special event in Paraclete form at 5:30, so she mediated a little bit to center herself, then around 5 PM morphed into Paraclete form and almost took flight. She smacked herself in the head for forgetting that she'd promised no more leisure travel via the air. She sighed and snuck down the escape ladder then used super speed once her feet touched the ground.

{YMCA - 5:30 PM - same day}

If there was one thing the media couldn't slam Paraclete on, it was her steadfast support of kids being involved in sports and martial arts, mma, boxing, and the like. Good, active lifestyle leads to a great, energy filled life. That's the message she'd long left on the young and something they rallied behind. She'd arrived a little early and spent a good 20-30 minutes leading exercises, teaching some proper fighting blocks and strikes, and even rotated out with several of the kids in sparring sessions. It was something she took great enjoyment in and was in a way a fortress of solitude for her. When she was a kid she used to attend it, since it was just a few blocks from her grannie's house.

A little after 6 pm Paracleted stepped into the boxing ring they have set up there, still sporting boxing gloves from her last sparring session with one of the kids, and waited for them to gather around with their parents too. It was usually here that she gave a parting speech that left them smiling and high in spirit, but this time as she opened her mouth, she was interrupted.

"Am I too late for a quick spar?"

To Paraclete's bewilderment, there stood Brandy Helms in a pair of black pants, black hoodie, and black shoes. The scientist had concealed herself amid the parents the entire time. She had picked her spot perfectly too. She knew that Paraclete wouldn't dare harm her in such a setting, even sparring. Too much negative media attention had been given to the super heroine. "Ummmm..." Paraclete was literally lost for words. Brandy was the last thing she had expected and was totally off guard.

"Didn't you say I had a free punch of something?"

Brandy was already wearing boxing gloves and slammed them together and even did a quick few shadow boxing. "I thought we were gonna let legal take care of our problems?" Brandy shook her head rather nonchalantly.

"You said that, not me. After I let out all my frustration on you, which you obviously won't be hurt by at all, we can let legal take care of the rest."

Brandy had a point but it was still confusing for Paraclete. She wanted to decline this pointless act of Brandy's, but the parents and kids were starting to urge Paraclete to take her up on it. Some wanted Paraclete to whip her ass for trying to make Paraclete out to be a bad superheroine, others wanted it to happen just so the two could get it out of their system and the beef to be ended. "Did my press conference really upset you that much?" Paraclete was still sporting a vexed countenance. Then it hit her. She knew what Brandy was up to. She was going to entice Paraclete into a sparring session then let the superheroine hit her at some point, in which Brandy would fake as being far too strong and become "injured". She could already see the headline: "Paraclete bullying Brandy again!" or even something worse.

The Paragon of Power wanted to refuse the offer, but the pleas from kids and parents alike swayed her to wanting to accept. An idea struck her a moment later. She could accept and not even throw a punch. She'd let Brandy wail away on her for a solid 60 seconds then that would be the end of it. Paraclete would come out looking like a good person after it. So, nodding, Paraclete smiled. "Fine, so be it. And don't worry, I won't use any powers. Frank, ring the bell". The boxing coach rung the bell and the 60 seconds began.

Stepping forward wearing a cocky little smirk, Paraclete put her hands behind her back and leaned forward, offering her chin to Brandy. The scientist wasted no time in winding back as far as humanly possible and sending the punch forth like a torpedo launched from its pad. The blow landed with a lot more power and force than Paraclete had anticipated. Her head snapped back some even. Paraclete shook her head and moved her jaw around some, then tilted her head to the side. "The kitten paw attack, nice one." The insult sent Brandy into a whirlwind of punches.

Using her superior reach and height advantage, Paraclete simply held one glove out in a non punching manner and placed it on Brandy's head, stopping her advance. It was a comical sight to see. There was Brandy Helms being held in place at a distance, her fists and arms wildly swinging at and missing Paraclete's midsection by 4-6 inches.

Indeed Paraclete's press conference had pissed off Brandy to the point she was using poor judgement, but even in poor judgement and stepping out of her comfort zone, the brilliant woman was still prepared at least a little bit. Suddenly, Brandy sent a punch upward into Paraclete's elbow, which knocked it ajar a tiny bit, allowing Brandy just enough room to escape. Using the Rocky Balboa inside bull rush maneuver she'd studied in preparation for this, she began to land a volley of blows along Paraclete's midsection. They didn't hurt at all. Paraclete just stood there in a defensive posture, guarding her ribs but letting Brandy fire away at will into her abdomen.

Without warning, Brandy did a feint to Paraclete's tummy but slipped a hard left hook under the superheorine's right elbow. It slammed into the same weak spot of the ribs that Brandy knew about from her secret arrow attack days earlier. Paraclete yowled. Her eyes flew big. Her mouth flung open. Little did Paraclete know that under those boxing gloved fists of Brandy's were the high tech "smart gloves" she'd encountered last week by the bank robbers. Again and again Brandy pounded the tender spot, sending Paraclete into a panic. The superheroine's knees bowed inward some. Even though she could have used her powers to simply shove Brandy away, she had made the promise not to use them. Staying true to her word, although suffering from it, Paraclete grabbed Brandy in a basic boxing half head lock. Dirty boxing, but still boxing without super powers.

It didn't help. Brandy shifted with the movement and kept hammering away. Paraclete could have punched back but knew that is what Brandy wanted, so she could spin it. Paraclete slumped to the side and took two more hard rib shots before.. DING! DING! DING! The one minute sparring session was over. Brandy, however, wasn't. She still kept pounding away. The pain was damn near crippling. Paraclete felt her legs becoming a little rubbery and her knees suddenly knocked together. Just then she found her opening, and slipped out of Brandy's trap and distanced herself. Frank, the boxing coach, was already in the ring admonishing Brandy for not honoring the bell. The scientist apologized profusely to him, claiming she'd gotten so carried away that she couldn't hear the bell. Brandy made a quick exit after that, apologizing once more, before stopping at a smug looking young man in a business suit.

After saying a few words to him, Brandy left the premises, leaving the man to fumble in his briefcase. Paraclete backed into a corner and played off being hurt best she could. She didn't wear her pain outwardly as she had when getting pounded, but she did have a not-so-smiley thin lipped countenance for several agonizing moments. Thankfully the pain dissipated shortly thereafter and she was feeling good as new. Raising her hands in the air to the kids and parents, she smiled and gave comment... "How did you like my acting? Did I look really hurt? I think I did a good job. I think Brandy was convinced that she hurt me. What say you folks? Should I take on acting in movies as my next big challenge? After all, there's not many baddies left out there thanks to me and other heroes."

The response was a big YES! Smiling, she left the ring and was approached by the young man. He smiled ever so smugly and handed her a large white document that had the words "RESTRAINING ORDER" written on it. He smiled, "Consider yourself served, miss Paraclete. Good day." With that, he walked away. It was a restraining order forbidding Paraclete from coming within 500 feet of Brandy Helms. It angered Paraclete but she played it off as nothing and gave a few more parting hugs and handshakes before leaving the premises.

{Grannie's House - 7 PM- Later that night}

Tonya rung the doorbell and the door quickly opened. Her mamaw stood before her, dressed in cooking gear and apron. Instead of the disappointed, mean mug she wore earlier in the day, Grannie was sporting a sweet ole lady smile. The two just stood there for several seconds not saying anything. Then, as if on cue, both fell into a loving family hugging embrace. Tonya was already getting teary eyed, more from happiness that her grandma hadn't popped her in the mouth again.

Stepping inside, Tonya closed the door and Grannie led her into the dining room, where the long rectangle table was smothered in dishes of food galore. Tonya was stopped in her tracks. Amazed. She couldn't believe it. "Grannie!!!!!! Chicken Casserole??? Okra???? Cheesecake??? Oh my god.. COBBLER??? All my favorites foods!!! You're the best!!!" Tossing her head back, Maud let off a long laugh. "Why thank you dear, I try. Please sit." Without hesitation, Tonya sat, and so did Grannie. Let us pray over our meal." The two bowed their heads. "Heavenly Father, thank you for the meal we are to partake in. Please bless this food and make it to the nourishment of our bodies. Thank you for my granddaughter and allowing her to be here tonight. In Christ's name I pray, Amen." Tonya repeated the Amen and once again looked over the mass amounts of food.

The two dug into the grub, filled their plates to the brim and began to partake. Maud was unusually silent. She had wanted to talk things over. To fix things. Yet she hadn't said much since giving prayer over the food. "Soooo, mamaw, ummmm.... thank you for slapping some sense into me this morning. I needed. That slap, your words, they all snapped me back into reality. You were right, I can't handle my position at Crump Tower. I can't handle the work load nor can I handle the sexual impurities that arise in me any time I'm around Kara Crump. I quite literally can not sexually resist Kara Crump, grannie. It's a sickness of the soul I think??? Sooo.."

Tonya ate another bite, swallowed hard, and looked back up to her grannie who was wearing an interested look. "I served Kara my resignation today. Grannie, I quit. I called Mark down at Food City and he is giving me my Assistant Manager job back if I want it. Please don't be mad. You're job there is safe."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sstone72
Neophyte
Neophyte

{KATCO-TV Channel 133 CNN}
“….and welcome ladies and gentlemen to CNN’s FIRE AND CROSSFIRE” the young, perky, bleached blond sat talking at the camera. “tonight, on FIRE AND CROSSFIRE” we will be talking about the recent trouble the Super Heroine Paraclete appears to be having with Crump Industries Brandy Helms…now..we want to welcome our two panelist’s tonight. “ the screen divided into three different windows with June Cleaver the CNN host imposed between the two. “..on my left, speaking for Paraclete and handling “COUNTERFIRE” for Super types everywhere we want to welcome Metropolis’s own Super Girl… welcome and if I may call you SG for time’s sake” she hesitated as Super Girl looked into the camera and smiled warmly…”..thank you June..I feel privileged to be able to talk about the issues that super heroines face in trying to do the important work of protecting citizens everywhere”.

Nodding, June continued…”..and now, our most honored guest that will be doing the FIRE view point… let’s welcome Ms. Hillary Clinton, former Secretary of State… we want to welcome you Ms. Clinton”

Smiling broadly for the camera, she nodded “…I want to say what an honor it is for me to be here tonight June and want to remind everyone that March 6 Primaries are coming up and as always, remember to VOTE”

“To start out tonight…” the screens go back to a single shot of June, “..let us review what has taken place just over this past week.. As you know, it is alleged by Paraclete that Brandy Helms, chief genetical scientist for Crump Industries and Nobel Prize runner is NOT what she seems and has alleged the scientist has engaged in illicit activities in the production of the Omega 13 anti-aging drug and through her attorney Jennifer Walters that Brandy Helms is indeed “evil” and should be placed into the category of terrorists Yasser Arafat and Le Duc Tho and our own President, Barrack Hussein Obama.

Pausing as the screen breaks out once again into three views..”.. Ms Clinton, you have met Brandy Helms and know Kara Crump very well, IS IT TRUE that Super Heroines such as Paraclete should have the right to enter a private residence at will and inflict..as Brandy Helms claims “undue process of bodily harm and Assault and Battery based on a whim?”

The camera going wide screen on Hillary…”..June, I think I can speak for honest citizens such as Brandy Helms everywhere that Paraclete is a loose cannon and must be reined in and reined in quickly. Making unfounded claims goes against everything that our constitution stands for, remember, we as Americans are guaranteed the right that we are innocent until found guilty and we are provided protection under the constitution from self incrimination. What Paraclete has done has not only broken the law but has no substantial fact whatsoever. In fact June, I have here..” Hilary held up a bound report. “..is the scientific data just released by Crump Industries under the “Freedom of Information Act” and if one takes the time to read through the notes, they can see that the O13 was indeed “bad news” before clinical trials began but before being released to the public the formula was substantially altered to correct the imbalance… I think I speak for a number of Americans that believe Super Heroines should be limited in their scope and come under strict Government regulation to insure that the Constitutional Rights of every American everywhere are not “Super Trampled” on.

The camera switches back to the tri-screen view and shows June nodding…”..You are correct Ms. Clinton, CNN has examined the scientific data and it does appear that whatever issues there were with O13, they were corrected before clinical trials began.. Now, we turn to Super Girl for CrossFire”

Once again, the camera pans full screen to Super Girl…”.. who smiles beautifully, June, let me say that I and all my Super Heroine peers everywhere fully believe in all rights afforded by the Constitution. I for one believe that Paraclete was truly investigating what she thought was a severe threat to every citizens of this country. Paraclete, all be it that she is a young and upcoming Super Heroine, seems to have exemplify the goodness and moral character that we all believe in and hold dear. I for one believe she WAS under attack when she crashed into the roof of that building and even thought there was no evidence of any such attack, I have experience in knowing that weapons can exist that might have caused that type of response.
Further June, I want to assure you that the “League of Justice” has begun an investigation into Paraclete’s activities and if it is found that she is engaging in illegal activities or if she is impaired in any way, I will for one will promise that I will make sure she is immediately sent to the Phantom Zone”

The screen switches back to June.. “..I want to thank each of you for tonight's FIRE/COUNTERFIRE… stay tuned to tomorrow night when our panelist will discuss topic in our discussion of the ongoing feud between Super Heroine Paraclete and normal human Brandy Helms.. we wish everyone a good evening..”

{Grannie’s House 7PM Later That Night}
Setting in silence as she stared across the table in Tonya, slowly she raised a bite of food to her mouth and chewed slowly before going back down for another. Deep inside, Maud still seethed from having to touch the disgusting figure that sat across the table from her. Secretly, Maud wanted to grab the fire place poker and beat the girls head in until she was nothing more than bloody hamburger but managed a few sweet “yes dear”’s and “that’s nice” a few times until Tonya carefully and hesitantly mentioned that she had resigned from Crump Industries and asked for her old job back at Food City.

“Excuse me dear…would you care to repeat what you just said, “ Maud’s voice tightened as she listened to Tonya go through the sequence again before saying…”..and..you gave that nice car..away…is that right dear?”
Returning to silence, Maud carefully laid her fork down, her hands trembling just a bit as she picked up her carefully folded white cloth napkin and dabbed her lips.

Setting it back down, she began speaking, her voice low and getting louder as she continued… “..my dear Tonya… after all that Ms Crump has done for you, for us, you come into my house and confess like a WHORE that you DON’T have the discipline of female dog in heat to CONTROL yourself!. NOW, you have SLAPPED Ms. Crump in the face with your DISGUSTING LACK of APPRECIATION! “ She started to rise from the table as she continued, “ A PROMISING FUTURE…AND POSSBILY SOMETHING that you can use to make something of YOUR PATHETIC LITTLE WORLD..” her voice rising to almost a yell.. “YOU TONYA WILKENSON ARE GOING TO RIGHT NOW…MARCH YOURSELF BACK DOWN THERE AND BEG MS. CRUMPS FORGIVENESS AND IF YOU HAVE TO, OFFER TO GIVE HER A BLOW JOB EVERY NIGHT FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE IF THAT’S WHAT IT TAKES AND YOU ARE GOING TO FIND THE BUM WITH THE CAR AND KILL HIM IF YOU HAVE TO AND GET IT BACK”

She suddenly reached down and grabbed the edge of the table with the ease of it being like a feather, flipped it upwards where it and the food splattered on top of Tonya to wedge the girl and food into her chair before Maud climbed up the back of the table and stared down at the girl from above. Reaching back behind the table out of Tonya’s sight, Maud brought her hand forward, the tips of her fingers touching the wood and where they touched, a black mist of fog swirled as her hand, if it was seen, passed through the grains of wood, and hidden by the table and food phased through the molecules and atoms of Tonya’s skin until the fingers of her hand wrapped around Tonya’s heart and began squeezing on the beating muscle..

“YOU ARE THE MOST UNGRATEFUL PERSON I HAVE EVER SEEN IN THIS FAMILY TONYA WILKERSON, IF YOUR MOMMA WAS STILL ALIVE, BLESS HER SOUL.. SHE WOULD HAVE HAD A FIT..AND EVEN NOW IS TURNING IN HER GRAVE…” her hand tightening to feel the beating muscles skip a few beats..as Maud’s voice once again grew quieter.. “BEFORE you come back to this house grand daughter, I want you to bring that nice Ms. Crump with you, KISS HER BUTT if you have to, but WE ARE GOING to ENTERTAIN HER HERE LIKE DECENT FOLK, NOT LIKE SCARED RABBITS.. I WANT THIS DISGRACE OF OUR NAME CLEANED UP YOUNG LADY” her hand squeezing the muscle until the heart muscle stopped once before returning to normal as Maud withdrew her hand back through the wood table.

Reaching for a stained white table napkin, she dabbed her lips. “ I AM sorry dear…but” she dabbed a few tears that came from her eyes…but you need to fix this or I will die from embarrassment, our name is dishonored and I cant even face my friends at the bridge club any longer and with your display on TV, I cant even attend church any longer without ridicule..”YOU MUST FIX THIS and show everyone that you are not a LOATHSOME SLUT WITH NO FUTURE….YOU MUST DO HIS OR OUR FAMILY NAME IS RUINED…I might as well JUST GO SHOOT MYSELF NOW..” and with that her body began to wrack with heaves of crying and tears.

Quickly running from into her room, she slammed the door shut with a “BANG”

{Crump Tower—Kara’s Office}

Manila envelope torn open and laying on her desk, Kara stood with Tonya’s letter in her hand staring out over the city. “Pushed her too far with your sexual antics?” Anna’s voice sounded as she walked in with her hands behind her back, “..always screw them before you let them go, you know the old…”bird in hand better than 2 in bush thing”

Without turning towards Anna…”..dont give it up yet Anna, you didn’t see the look of lust in Paraclete’s eyes, this” she holds up the resignation letter…”..is the battle in her soul… but I can tell you…the girl has erotic streak in her a mile wide, she can try to forget me and my touch, but she cant.. she will be here.. now..how is the suit corruption going?”

Smiling as Anna walked up beside her.. “. All the data indicates the impurities being introduced into the armor of the suit each time she transforms is growing more and more and as far as I know, it doesn’t leave her system, so it is building slowly. If Paraclete does show up, Cat and Kat are ready, “ Anna shudders quickly…”I have seen their martial arts skills, I swear they can kill someone and make it look like they are giving you a massage.. and I believe they also trained you in their art well..”
Nodding, Kara turned to Anna, leaned over and gave her a peck on the cheek, “ok..lets get to observation, it is gonna get messy in here..very messy.”
releqy
Neophyte
Neophyte

{Grannie's House - Dinner Time}

Even with Tonya's enhanced abilities she wasn't fast enough nor strong enough to mitigate the table and food pinning her in place. She was shocked beyond words. The pain of her mamaw's words were only outmatched by the horrible affliction that quickly took hold on her heart. She tried to cry out for mercy, but the pain was too great, her mouth was opening but no sound was being emitted. Tonya tried to summon her enhanced strength, knowing it very well might blow her secret identity, and who knows what kind of reaction grannie might have to that, but her power got her nowhere.

It was only now that the reality set in. The mysterious shot that was given to Maud by Brandy was Omega 13 or some variation of it. Tonya had been correct. Brandy was a no good evil doer. The "bad news" comment Brandy made was true in the most real and freighting way. Tonya once again tried to push the table away from her but it didn't budge. Her heart was being crushed, her vision dimming. She was still trying to get words out, anything to talk some sense into the lunatic that had commandeered her sweet old grand mother, yet it was all for naught.

She felt herself slipping away, small loops of darkness setting in on the fringes of her vision. Never had she felt so much pain and terror and it was being given to her by the person she loved the most. Her breathing was becoming a challenge. Pretty soon she would be dead, at least she assumed that anyway, because it sure felt like it. There was no other choice but to morph into Paraclete.

Just when she was about to, though, Maud withdrew her attack, ceased her cruel tongue lashing, and bolted to her room, slamming the door shut behind her. For a solid 10 minutes Tonya remained frozen in place, even after the effects of Maud's attack had worn off. She took everything in. All the scathing remarks and the pain. It made her sob in sorrow and part anger. Only when her mamaw's cell phone fell into view did she snap out of it.

Scooping it up, she marched down the hallway and, with anger boiling and tears flowing, kicked open her granny's bed room door. Maud sat up in bed with the covers around her, mouth agape with surprise. Surely she had put some damn sense into the bratty ass grand daughter. She went to lay into Tonya with another vicious verbal barrage when the young heroine flicked open the phone to grannie's bank account and hurled the mobile device at her.

Maud caught it with little to no effort and took a look. The old lady shook her head as though not understanding something. To aid her, Maud pulled her glasses off the night stand, even though she no longer needed them due to her enhanced eye sight thanks to Brandy's shot. She slid them on and looked even more. While she did so, Tonya paced back and forth, fists balled at her sides, breath getting heavier. She was pretty angry. "Yeah, you see that you old FART!? See all those zeroes???" Tonya started pointing to her own self with her thumbs. "That's because of me. Know why? Because I am FUCKING SEXY!!!"

Maud looked up with an impossibly confused look. She was utterly bewildered. Not such by Tonya's words but the amount of money in the account. Tonya continued, still pacing and occasionally pointing to herself some more. "I had to rub elbows and kiss the cheeks of some of the most scummiest, perverted, downright evil people in the world when I attended events with or on behalf of Kara Crump. But you know what, evil and perverted as they may be, they have more money than god and loved throwing it away. They wrote me checks to me as donations just because I looked sooooooooo fucking sexy that night. That's right, you old goat, because I dressed slutty and was forced to act like a slutty type person, the very thing you are mad at me about, I was able to achieve that. In one week I made more money in 'donations' than you probably made during your entire career at the pickle plant, where you and papaw slaved away at for 30 years."

Grannie jumped out of bed. Never, ever, EVER had Tonya raised her voice let alone cursed at her. Maud was growing furious but could not also draw her eyes away from the bank account. "I'm sure those creepy ass people expected something in return from me later on. They figured I'd be another Anna Barnes or something I suppose. That's another reason I quit. I was going to be fired anyway, eventually. But you wouldn't know anything about that would you? Naaw, all you do is sit in your rocking chair at Crump Tower and read books to children. You don't have to rub elbows with the most vile and creepiest people on earth. Our Church would shun me for shaking hands with some of the people I've had to be cordial with, so it's a lose lose situation for me and you isn't it?"

Grannie was torn between feeling a little guilty but also wanting to drive her fist through Tonya's face for the way she was talking to her. Again, though, viewing that bank account held the hostility at bay. What Tonya was saying was half true. She had indeed received checks from friends of Kara's, just for Tonya simply looking hotter than hell in the middle of summer, and the amounts were sizable, but the other half of the money came from her posing as Lex Luthor and hacking his financial accounts a few weeks prior to even having a interview with Kara Crump. She'd used Black Widow's expertise in funneling the money to a wealth of different accounts and allaises for her to draw on them from time to time, if there was ever such a cause.

"I was going to surprise you with it at Golden Corral the other day but you no showed and were mean to me over the phone. I was going to surprise you with it tonight but you flipped out on me, but see, I love you so I want you to have it. You can still keep your job at Crump Inc or you can open up an orphanage of your own. You can literally splurge the rest of the your life if you want." Tonya finally stopped pacing and faced her grannie. "But there's one thing that you won't be able to do with that money, and it is make me take my job back at Crump Inc. I told you I can not resist the sexual lust and pleasure that consumes me when I am around that woman and by cutting myself off from her I am attempting to NOT bring any more shame to myself and you or our family. Heck, the only reason I even accepted the job is because I was creaming myself just sitting there looking at her in that interview. Had that been some old hag or whatever I would have rejected the offer."

"Tonya, I... I...." Maud was lost between many different emotions. Tonya pointed a finger at her. "But all that aside, you need help. Whatever that shot was that Brandy gave you has given you some kind of boost to strength and has made you meaner than a rattlesnake. But don't worry, I'm going to fix it. Just give me a day or two." Just as Tonya said those words, she took a step out of the bed room and into the hallway, just out of sight of grannie, then used a helping of her enhanced speed to speed away. By the time Maud entered the hallway Tonya was long gone, much to Maud's shock and awe.

{Crump Tower - Kara's Office}

"What's going to get messy?" Paraclete said just as Kara and Anna were in mid turn toward the door. The sudden emergence of the superheroine sent Anna jumping up and into a half seated posture on the edge of Kara's desk. Paraclete had heard the very tail end of their conversation (literally the word messy) and now stood just a few feet inside the doorway of Kara's office.

After the initial shock subsided, Anna gained her bearings and stood confidently between Kara and Paraclete. Pointing a finger at the Paragon of Power, Anna narrowed her eyes all mean like, "Who the hell do you think you are just lolly gagging your ass on in here like that? Wait... whoa... how the in HELL did you even get in the building??? Jesus effing Christ!!!" Paraclete put her hands on her hips and shifted her legs shoulder width apart, perfect superheroine pose etiquette. "Oh trust me, it wasn't easy. This place is definitely a challenge to get into. I don't think I could attempt it again and succeed actually." Anna looked back at Kara then returned her piercing eyes to Paraclete.

The Paragon of Power quickly changed the subject by tossing a nod Kara's way and ignored Anna completely. "Kara, my apologies for having to cancel the other meeting we were supposed to have. Obviously I am in some legal woes right now possibly and have been having to deal with that as well as fighting crime. The reason I barged in on you now is because I have some pressing issues that couldn't be delayed by email tag and meetings later in the week or even tomorrow." Anna was having none of it. Stepping forward, she wagged her finger a little. "Nuh uh. This isn't the Brandy Helms residence. You can't just barge in like this. There's sensitive items in this office and in our halls, and we know how you like to wear body cams. What happens if you make another mistake and air some kind of footage that you think is wrong and some evil super genius whackjob gets a good look at the layout here? Bam. They could figure out a way to get in, hack stuff, steal stuff, the list is endless."

It was actually a pretty good point. Wanting to hurry and diffuse any prolonged hostility, Paraclete lifted her arms up, palms facing the ceiling. "Fine, Frisk me if you must. Please make it quick though." Anna perked a brow and thought about it for a second, then approached. Dipping down low, she began at the boots and slowly started making her way up. Meanwhile, Paraclete locked eyes with the woman who could basically make her cream her panties on command. It didn't take long for the young heroine to start getting aroused, but now wasn't the time for whoring. "Kara, look, Jimmy Olson contacted me on behalf of a very upset and frightened Tonya Wilkinson. It was explained to me that a few weeks ago Brandy gav--AAAVVEE" Paraclete cast Anna an abrupt warning glance. "I am pretty DAMN sure I wouldn't put a body camera there!"

Shifting her eyes back to Kara, she continued. "Brandy gave Tonya's grandmother some kind of shot. Apparently the old lady passed out or something so Brandy gave her the shot. Ever since then her grandma has been acting weird, has displayed advanced strength, energy, vigor, and stuff like that which is all good but she recently attacked Tonya. Apparently she flipped a table on her like it was a feather, one handed. Then went on a maddening verbal rampage and was just acting bonkers."

Without warning, Anna popped back into the soiree. "Ah ha! I think I've found it!" She pointed to Paraclete's massive, aroused nipple that was threatening to pierce right through that indomitable suit. Anna reached for it with her thumb and index finger but was met with an eye blinding fast grasp around the hand by Paraclete, who simply shook her head "no" and lightly pushed Anna away. "We all know what it is and why it's there." She looked right at Kara Crump when she said it. After a small pause, Paraclete continued. "Look, I'm not trying to drive a wedge between you and Brandy. I'm not trying to accuse her of more stuff. All I'm saying is that you might be getting manipulated or maybe Brandy is meddling with something far beyond her level of competence. Something is definitely not adding up and it is all pointing back to Brandy and possibly Omega 13. We need to find out if she's given more people these shots, and we need to confront all of this... not next week, not this week, not tomorrow, we need to confront it right now...... Preferably just me and you." The Paragon of Power all but thumbed her nose at miss touchy feelie Anna.

Paraclete's tone and body language made is perectly clear that she wasn't leaving without some kind of satisfactory results.
sstone72
Neophyte
Neophyte

{Grannies House – Post Argument}
Maud could only stand and stare at the empty hallway for a few seconds, then pulled the blanket tight around her and walked back into her bedroom. Picking up her phone and once again looked at the figures Tonya had shoved in her face. A feeling of confusion and sorrow flooded Maud’s inner core and tears started flowing down her face while her body was racked with sorrow at the thoughts of division that now existed in their family and the pain she had caused her grand daughter.

Finally, Maud sat the phone down, reached over to the night stand and picked up the picture of Tonya, her and Tonya’s grandfather in much happier times and just sat staring at the picture for the longest while the tears of sorrow flowed from her eyes.

Without taking her eyes off of the picture, Maud’s free hand slowly reached across to the night stand, opened the drawer and pulled out an old Colt .45 six shot revolver and slipped it into her purse before she stood and walked to her closet.

Sliding through her clothing, she found the best Sunday go to meeting dress she owned and set it out on the bed before moving to her makeup table, where, with a determined look on her face, she began her very careful work. At one time, she had been quite a looker and with determined motions, this one last time, she sat about to turn back time if it was the last thing…and in Maud’s mind set, it most likely would be, the lat thing that Maud would ever do in her life.

{Kara’s Office – 101st Floor Crump Tower}
Turning her gaze to look into Paraclete’s eyes, Kara never spoke a word while she watched Anna complete her inspection of the heroine and then nodded at Paraclete..”..Anna, thank you, you have duties to attend to, I am sure Paraclete means me no harm.. “

{Anna’s Office – Crump Tower}
Stepping back from Paraclete, her lips tight but face displaying an impassive look, Anna shook her head slowly ”.yes mam.. “ and walked out of the room, the heavy wooden doors closing behind her and returned to her desk where she slid into the 180 deg arc of holographic data images that danced and bounced around her.

Quickly her fingers flew over her virtual 3d keyboard and she studied the data the “net” sensors were returning from the continuous scans they were making of Paraclete’s body. Running her eyes down the streams of data, Anna made the quick mental calculations and thought to herself…”85% probability that suit contamination had reduced suit protection by 72.5%”

A slight frown crossed Anna’s lips, she would have felt much better with 90%, and Anna hoped Kara knew what she was doing and with a determined look on her face, she began to enter commands to the “net” which began sending signals to the implant deep in Paraclete’s brain to activate a certain one of its tendrils wrapped around the heroines cerebral cortex to began altering the heroine’s hormone levels.

{Kara’s Office – Crump Tower 101st Floor}

All around Kara's office, the “net” once again began to subtly adjust colors and ambiance in small increments corresponding to the readings it was getting from Paraclete’s biomedical data to stimulate the herone's senses.

Without moving, Kara stood and just looked at Paraclete for a couple of minutes before she spoke. “.. Ok Paraclete..you have my attention…you feel there are issues with the Omega 13.. I am unsure why you feel Brandy is intentionally involved with something criminal, but as soon as your grandmother arrives tomorrow morning, you and I will escort her to the med labs and have Dr. Brian Thomas, the foremost expert in Hematology in the world to run tests on her and find out what maybe causing the problems you are seeing. Is that satisfactory?”

Just staring at Paraclete for just a bit more, Kara turned and moved towards a door at the end of her office…and hesitated without turning around to see if the heroine was following her..”Care to join me Paraclete? or are you afraid of me?” and then stepping through the hissing door, Kara's voice floated back to Paraclete, “..I want to show you something..”

{Grannies Apartment}

Slipping the dress over head, Maud smoothed and straightened the wrinkles until the dress almost form fitted her figure, picked up her purse where she had slipped the old pistol into, and turned to take stock of her appearance in the full length mirror of her dressing area. “..not bad for an old looker..” Maud mumbled as she stared at the figure of Paraclete that stood looking back at her, before the heroine walked to the window ducked down and climbed out onto the fire escape ladder and in a second zipped upwards into the night and turned towards Crump Tower in the distance.

{Crump Arboretum 101 ½ Floor Crump Tower}

Turning to gaze at Paraclete, Kara stopped on the path that ran winding around and through rows and rows of exotic and naturalized plants, flowers, trees and vegetation of all kinds. Stopping at one plant whose beautifully unique flowers were interwoven among the several others that helped form a greenery canopy over the entire walkway as far as the eye could see. Reaching up, Kara pulled down a low branch containing several blooms of bright red, yellow and purple flowers that seemed to glow and gave off a golden spray when she moved the branch. “..the Oncarius Velatium….did you know Paraclete this plant is the last of its kind in the world.. I found this one while traveling through the upper reaches of the Congo, it is so sought after by natives of the region so much that wars have been fought over them. In fact, entire tribes have been decimated just in efforts to own 1 blossom from it

Kara carefully reached down and thumbed one of the floor blossoms to gently snap it off of the plant and continued talking as she held it up for Paraclete to see, a rainbow of colors forming around it with each move Kara made with it. “..natives call it “aspinuato delentia wantatum”, Kara smiled and stared at it as she walked back to where Paraclete stood. “. In their language that means “to pour out the the soul to death”.

Holding it up in front of Paraclete’s eyes, it flashed, filling the air in front of Paraclete’s face with a rainbow of colors as Kara whispered..”ssshhhh listen” and just a second later a hauntingly beautiful sound floated on the air from the trembling leaves which vibrated to create the sound.

“..The Song of the Siren” is what the natives call the plant…” Kara paused to listen to the strains of the beautiful sounds filled the air. “… in native wedding ceremonies, brides must complete an arduous journey to the tops of the nearby mountains and risk their lives to climb down a completely vertical rock face to reach the plant since it only grows in a place where it is impossible to reach without great sacrifice to bring this gift back to their one true love.

Pausing to let her words sink into the heroine, Kara continued "...Native legends say that only 1 in 100 brides live to marry their true love, the rest perish in their attempt.” Turning the blossom slightly, the colors change and the beauty of the music changes with each way Kara rotates the blossom. “. .. It is said the bride will take the blossom to her true love and will gently blow the golden pollen into the nostrils of her one true love.. “ leaning forward, Kara gently puffed onto the blossom causing a billowing of golden pollen to engulf Paraclete’s head and face, some of it glittering floating down onto her hair, cheeks and into her nostrils.

“the legend is that the golden pollen binds the heart, mind and soul of her spirt with her true love to her to such a point that their spirits will be intertwined together for an eternity" lifting the flower until it is just in front of Paraclete's eyes, "Such a lovely story don’t you think Paraclete?. but the rest of the story, as they say is that the bride knows that nothing she desires will her true love be able to deny her, the bonding is so strong that the only way her true love can ever sever that bond so powerful is to literally take his own life, in fact, this is still reflected in our own western culture vows, “until death do us part”, it literally means that very thing”

Blowing once again, another billowing of golden pollen billowed around Paraclete as Kara reached up and slide the blossom into the heroines hair just above her ear like a decoration.

Turning, “…a wonderful story is it not Paraclete, but totally ridiculous don’t you think?” reaching out to offer her hand to the heroine…”..shall we go meet the good doctor and you can share your concerns regarding grannie?”

{Kara’s Office – 101st Floor}
A whispering sound filled Kara’s office as Paraclete landed on the balcony outside and stepped into the empty office. Walking to the door leading out into the foyer, Paraclete stepped out and only briefly glanced at Anna who herself glanced back through the holographic images at Paraclete who walked out the other set of security doors and disappeared down the hallway.

Walking into Tonya’s former office, Maud Wilkenson sat down in Tonya’s chair and clutched her hand bag containing the old six shooter hand gun. Sitting straight and tall in the chair, she took her phone and texted a message to Tonya…”..I am waiting in your office at Crump Tower Tonya, we need to settle this argument…”
Last edited by sstone72 8 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Excellent chapter: delicious intrigue, beautiful imagery, impending peril. I'm loving it.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
batgirl_brandy_wayne
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

From experience, SStone is one of the finest roleplayers and story writers of the superheroine peril world! She is extremely evil and dark, and has helped me develop stories for my Vengeance character in the past! Not surprised to see such a great story/roleplay unfolding before our eyes.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I hope the authors of this story will bring this series to a conclusion. It's too good to just let it twist in the wind like this, really!
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
sstone72
Neophyte
Neophyte

Dr. D, I hope so too, lost my partner.