Bluestone Goes To Crowd-Funding!

General discussions about superheroines!

I would contribute $50 to get the video plus the following elements:

Melody Sky to be the actress
8%
Melanie Dunne to be the actress
2%
pantyhose in costume
15%
Barelegged heroine
4%
Chloroforming
4%
Knockout
6%
Inner Voice
6%
OTS carry
No votes
Cradle carry
2%
Frontal bearhug
4%
Reverse bearhug
2%
Low blows
4%
Backbreaker
No votes
Costume destruction
13%
Crawling away
No votes
Transformation from secret identity
8%
Strangling death for Extreme ending
No votes
Stabbing death for Extreme ending
No votes
Shooting death for Extreme ending
2%
Neck break death for Extreme ending
No votes
Impalement for Extreme ending
4%
Winning ending for Peril version
8%
K.O. ending for Peril version
2%
Beatdown
2%
Super Breath
No votes
Heat Vision
2%
Flying
No votes
Novanite poisoning
4%

Total votes: 52
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

Hey All,

BIG changes at Bluestone Videos!

We have a few up and coming videos to release over the next couple of months, but thereafter we are only going to be filming Superheroine material that has been successfully crowd funded. Why? Well, it's simple. We spend a lot of money to produce the very best Superheroine videos in the industry, and I believe that over the past few years we have demonstrated our superior quality. Well, this quality and inclusion of requested material into our videos doesn't come cheap. For every shoot, I have to pony up thousands and thousands of dollars in the hopes that the videos being shot will sell. Of course, it's very disappointing after having invested so much money in a project to read posts similar to the following: "No K.O., No sale", or "No pantyhose? I won't be buying this one", or other such comments. Of course, I have offered to fans that they can purchase customs, but none have been able to cover the $5,000 price tag. So, we've decided from now on to produce only what the fans want and are willing to pay for. We are prepared to schedule a shoot in November and film up to three possible new videos, but only if we have received sufficient Indiegogo crowd funding by October 18th (30 days from now).

The projects would be up to two Darkwing videos, and a Supernova or Supernova Prime video. We will outline the basic storylines in our Indiegogo campaign, and everyone who wants to see these videos produced can contribute. Basically, we'll be asking you to prepay $25 for each of these videos, and an additional $25 in order to have your favourite fetish element included. If this crowd funding campaign works, there will be more Bluestone Superheroine videos. If not, we will be looking at other material to film, but I'm confident that there will be sufficient support for this new initiative, because it will give everyone even more of what they want to see in our videos.

I just need a little assistance in order to complete the Indiegogo campaign. Firstly with respect to the Supernova/Supernova Prime video project, which of the above elements would you pay an additional $25 to include in the video. I assume that similar answers would apply to the Darkwing video with the exception of adding unmasking instead of the super powers options. If we get 10 contributions for an element, it will be included. If they are mutually exclusive elements, such as pantyhose and bare legs, we'll include the first element that gets 10 contributions. Every contributor of at least $25 will receive the finished video. If the video is not produced or we do not get 10 contributions for an element before competing elements reach 10 contributions, the contribution will be converted into credits at the Bluestone store.

So, before I start the campaign, your votes on the above poll will determine which elements we should include. If an important element is missing from the poll above, please post or email me with the element that you want added to the Indiegogo campaign. ([email protected])

I'll need those votes within the next week in order to decide on whether or not there is sufficient interest in launching the crowd funding campaign.

If you are on this forum as well as another forum, please only vote once. The exception would be if you want two elements. Then, vote for the second one on the other forum. Thanks.

Blue
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

ALOT to choose from for just one option Blue but I'm sure you know what I personally want to see :)
And I would be willing to pay for it because you REALLY ARE one of the best and like NGC(who doesn't seem to come around here)you have the best ladies working for you.
1)Chloroforming
2)Inner voice
3)Ots carry(with or without gentle but not TO gentle slap)
4)Melody over Melanie
5)Pantyhose
If I can afford it,and with Christmas coming,I might be able to afford $50 to $100 :)
In the end its worth every shekel to see Melody flung over a shoulder with hopefully the camera staying there for a bit and if she's chloroformed or "dead" to get flung over a shoulder its all good :) As beautiful as Melanie(and good God she IS) Melody has that certain extra thing I like.I don't need to see her costume torn(although not against it) or most of that other stuff but some inner voice as she's going out would be nice.I've already pretty much saved any money for videos for you and NGC at this point(I would buy more MH video but he doesn't come out with much)so if you want to do this more often I would be in.
Thanks for reading :)
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

Richpartist wrote:ALOT to choose from for just one option Blue but I'm sure you know what I personally want to see :)
And I would be willing to pay for it because you REALLY ARE one of the best and like NGC(who doesn't seem to come around here)you have the best ladies working for you.
1)Chloroforming
2)Inner voice
3)Ots carry(with or without gentle but not TO gentle slap)
4)Melody over Melanie
5)Pantyhose
If I can afford it,and with Christmas coming,I might be able to afford $50 to $100 :)
In the end its worth every shekel to see Melody flung over a shoulder with hopefully the camera staying there for a bit and if she's chloroformed or "dead" to get flung over a shoulder its all good :) As beautiful as Melanie(and good God she IS) Melody has that certain extra thing I like.I don't need to see her costume torn(although not against it) or most of that other stuff but some inner voice as she's going out would be nice.I've already pretty much saved any money for videos for you and NGC at this point(I would buy more MH video but he doesn't come out with much)so if you want to do this more often I would be in.
Thanks for reading :)
Yes, we only gave one option in this poll, because we want to see the major elements that should be included, but when we launch the Indiegogo campaign, there will be an option for you to contribute to as many elements as you want. The above poll is important in the process, as well as its sister poll on the FF board, because we won't include elements that are apparently not important enough to people when the rubber hits the road. For example, for all of the talk about pantyhose being vital, pantyhose and bare legs are tied right now. LOL!

I know the figures above will change, or I hope they will change, when people become aware of same, but this is really an opportunity for the fans to tell us exactly what we should be producing for 2017 and beyond.

Thanks for your input, though, because it tells me that there are you and others out there who will support multiple elements in order to get this crowd-funded custom done.

Blue

:supes:
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Polls with very small sample sizes are statistically worthless. For example, no meaningful data can be extrapolated from 1 vote each for pantyhose and bare legs. (+ 0 votes for each on your own forum's poll.) A single additional vote either way would create the illusion of a "landslide".

Asking for a selection of one element out of twenty-eight options means that you would need to get several hundred - possibly thousands - of responses to identify any trend. You really need to pare it back to just a few specific options that aren't already standard elements in your videos.

Any poll which can be skewed wildly by single-digit numbers is, to use the technical term, dodgy as fuck.
Last edited by Heroine Addict 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

Forgive me for not quite understanding, but what if I were to contribute money for my favorite elements, but then these elements never make it into the finished film for whatever reason? We would simply get credit at your store? That wouldn't do me any good unfortunately,as I would have credit at a store that would now be useless to me. Or am I simply misunderstanding the situation?
Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

Heroine Addict wrote:Polls with very small sample sizes are statistically worthless. For example, no meaningful data can be extrapolated from 1 vote each for pantyhose and bare legs. (+ 0 votes for each on your own forum's poll.)

Asking for a selection of one element out of twenty-eight options means that you would need to get several hundred - possibly thousands - of responses to identify any trend. You really need to pare it back to just a few specific options that aren't already standard elements in your videos.

Any poll which can be skewed wildly by single-digit numbers is, to use the technical term, dodgy as fuck.
Precisely.
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

Hi,

The poll is just preliminary to see if we should simply drop some of those 28 elements. The real poll will be on Indiegogo when actual contributions will be made for as many elements as one wants.

Yes, Mamooche24, store credits will be issued for elements that don't make the final cut, but they are hardly worthless. We have nearly 800 products available there. I'm sure you don't have every pantyhose video that we've every produced or ever will produce in the future. LOL!

Blue
Bert

This is a disappointing development. There will always be outspoken fans with incredibly specific demands, and they'll voice their opinions regardless of the format used to produce the video. It seems to me that if you make videos as good as your latest release, they will sell well even if a few entitled twits whine about not having their individual demands catered to. Anyway, good luck with this. I hope it works out for you because I want you to keep producing heroine videos.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

A lot of those options are just standard elements that appear in many/most of your videos. The flaw here is that the $25.00 backers and the $50.00+ backers are getting the exact same product. So the $25.00 backers are essentially committing to buy a Supernova "Lucky Dip" while the $50.00+ backers are paying a premium to see standard elements that you're likely to include anyway. (Although there's no guarantee of you including their chosen element. Even with the $25.00 premium.)

Costume destruction is the major non-standard stand-out on the list. It's also something that doesn't occur often because it incurs the replacement cost of a costume. Of course, it also raises the question of what backers expect to see when the costume is ripped open? Bearing in mind that both Melanie and Melody are non-nude actresses.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

Hi,

Costume destruction would not include topless, but topless will be included as an option in the Darkwing Indiegogo campaign.

No one is really contributing to a project that will be made anyway. If I can clarify once again. I have not booked either Melanie or Melody for a future shoot, and I will not be booking either of them unless there is sufficient crowd funding to justify the outlay of the shoot funds. By way of further clarification, the crowd funding amount will not be sufficient to cover the full costs of the shoot either. We will still have to pony up additional funds. So, it is very reasonable for us to make the above proposal.

If we raise $5,000 we will film the video. If people decide not to contribute, because they think they can get a video from us with all of the standard fetish elements anyway, they will be very very disappointed. Without sufficient support for these high quality Superheroine videos, I will be going back to filming crime videos with much lower production values and with death fetish only content. I can film four of those per day, as opposed to 2-3 days to film each of these Superheroine videos. I want to be fair to our fans here, but I'm also not prepared to go into deeper debt to finance these videos unless they are supported by the Superheroine community. We've done our part. We've shown you the quality of what we can produce. Now, it's entirely in your hands as to whether or not you want more such videos produced. I hope you do support our crowd-funding initiative, but if not don't be shocked if Supernova, Supernova Prime, Darkwing, Wondra, Ultrawoman, Dark Wondra, Blackbird, and all the other gorgeous Bluestone Superheroines simply disappear at the end of 2016. I pray that we won't have to close 2016 on such a sad note.

Blue
Bert

Hate to lose you as a producer Blue, you do fine work, but I'm not paying upfront for a video sight unseen.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Once the video is produced and released, won't you still be promoting it for sale after that as a standalone buy? If one likes the elements one can still purchase it at that time, no? And will you still be doing two versions of them (extreme and peril) or not?
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Crowdfunding may well be the way forward to get productions made. However, the backers need to to be given a better deal than than the casual buyers. You could do that in various ways such as exclusive BTS material or a package of archive videos at well below the standard price.

At the moment, you're suggesting fans should fork out $50 on the off-chance of seeing their chosen standard element in a video you'll be selling to the general audience for considerably less than $50. Giving the fanbase a much worse deal than the casual buyer is not a good idea. Particularly as you're now threatening to take your ball away if enough people don't comply.

If your videos aren't selling as well as you would like, trying to hike prices for the existing fanbase seems like a reckless move. I don't doubt that a few customers have said you make the best videos in the genre. Enthusiastic fans tend to say stuff like that. However, for you to come on here and declare yourself to be THE very best superheroine video producer in the industry (and then use this self-appointed title to justify a ransom demand) is just obnoxious.

If you want people's money, make an attractive offer. Just like any other business.
Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

I agree with heroine addict. Also, to lower costs, why not consider scaling back on the special effects? While they are undoubtedly impressive, I feel they are unneeded in most cases, as most of us aren't buying these things for in depth action sequences.
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

An understandable development given the maaaaaassive savings required to make Bluestone productions affordable, fair amount of fat to trim.

Having said it's an understandable development however; it's not the way crowdfunding is designed to work - it's not supposed to be payment by proxy, but funded by the crowd. Large numbers of investors contributing small amounts.

This is why crowdfunding's pretty difficult to do well in the SHiP market - by its very nature SHiP is a niche, and so the number of contributors is instantly limited. To do it properly you need to appeal to the mainstream, but then the vids would have to do without being 50% strangulation scene.

Which would actually appeal to less SHiP fans most likely - somewhat of a catch-22.

Patreon seems the best way to go if you are looking to crowdfund, simply make it a subscription service with varying rates - harking back to the old DanO days, but with a more modern twist.

I could see it working, whether enough SHiP fans trust Bluestone productions to go for it I couldn't say. Judging by apparent sales volumes however, making Bluestone vids exclusive to the Patreon would likely pull in quite a few frequent subscribers.

Of course, then you could start varying releases - having extended features and episodes for premium Patreon subscribers.

Just a thought as to how a successful crowdfund of the type proposed might actually work quite well.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm sure most of us want chloroform and some kind of carry so I see that in any film.As much as I love pantyhose its not as important as a ots carry off.I wouldn't mind getting something extra for forking over extra money,like Melody at my door presenting the dvd(clothes optional) :)
But seriously Blue's videos are worth the "trouble" in my opinion and I wish NGC listened to his customers like Blue does.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maybe HQ photos and behind the scenes stuff and bloopers :)
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

swampy170 wrote:

Patreon seems the best way to go if you are looking to crowdfund, simply make it a subscription service with varying rates - harking back to the old DanO days, but with a more modern twist.
That might not be an option for him either.
I started a Patreon offering movies for as low as $1
and while a few have joined and pledged, many have not bothered.
What is odd is that over 90% of my clicks and sales come from C4S. the analytics say so right there in the admin section.

People seem not to want to pledge $1 on a sight unseen project but will pay $1 a minute for something they see.
I can't tell you how surprised i was to see the pattern movie that was offered for $1 actually sell for full price on C4S when the majority of the clicks come from this forum.

I don't know exactly why its happening but there you have it.
I started a sleepy, death, and Superheroine Patreon and the sleepy and death (which were launched after the super heroine) are doing 3-4 times better than the super heroine which was originally built to give large projects away for small pledges.

I wish him luck, but don't see how Patreon is an option when 90% of my super heroine sales come from this forum but people would rather pay $1 a minute than $1 a month.
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

Fair play - but my suggestion is that the pledges don't fund the films directly, you pay for access to a subscription site as with SuperheroineCentral. The different levels offering standard or premium films.

Of course, that's not immediate to setup - so perhaps not an option.

Only way I see crowdfunding working for a limited market such as SHiP. Admittedly that model isn't really crowdfunding, and is the old subscription model updated.

However, an established producer is the only one I see making asubscription model like that work.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

swampy170 wrote:Fair play - but my suggestion is that the pledges don't fund the films directly, you pay for access to a subscription site as with SuperheroineCentral. The different levels offering standard or premium films.

Only way I see crowdfunding working for a limited market such as SHiP. Admittedly that model isn't really crowdfunding, and is the old subscription model updated.

However, an established producer is the only one I see making asubscription model like that work.
Agreed.
I do however wish him the best because he's kinda the gold standard when it comes to the horror genre and his super heroine content is spot on in my opinion.
digitalbleh
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Alot of s.h.i.p related crowd funding campaigns have not raised any money from what ive seen. I dont think people want to pay upfront for something that they have not seen or have little control over. For me this whole fetish is about nudity really, i cant really justify buying a video that does not contain atleast topless nudity. Im not a big comic fan, and thats all a video is without nudity/sexual peril. Im not into carrys or pantyhose or anything like that so i really dont care about any elements. However all that being said, i have many of your videos mostly the ones containing a topless scene, but i do have most of the supernova's too. If you shut down too it would be a sad day.

My questions are this.
1: If you setup a crowdfunding and a video did get funded, is that video going to appear on your store like a normal video would. Or is it only going to be made for the people funding it? or a time delay?
2: If for example i did pick an element, lets say a topless scene in darkwing for example, and my element was not picked, could i get store credit on genrevideos instead of silknblood?
3: Is there any though to a person funding picking storyline/script elements, or can we only chose the fetish elements?
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Seems like you are getting "complaints" from people who don't buy your videos in the first place.Except for a few models I know you don't do alot of nudity so I don't see the point in complaining about something you don't do in the first place.I personally like you and NGC because you DON'T go the usual tired way of nudity and forced sex scenes.I'm sure we all have our fantasies of what we would do with a heroine at our mercy..........excuse me need a cold shower,be back soon.....................
..............ok where was I,hey I can't believe we don't have more ots carry people but I'm sure thats because we only have one option.
If a video has Melody in it with a ots carry in there somewhere and if she's chloroformed to get there and wearing pantyhose thats a bonus.If I have to pay alittle extra to make sure I get that I will.I figure I've "wasted" a crap load of money over the 20 plus years on videos that winded up being a piece of crap so why not pay upfront to a producer who I KNOW has beautiful women working for him and are willing to do these kinds of things.If Melody is open to being flung over a shoulder and have her gorgeous butt gently slapped(but not to gently) then thats money(or shekels) well spent. :) And if you are a Melody fan like me you want to see her in a chloroform scene as well since she has not done one yet(like everybody else has)So Blue,you want some money up front I vote HELL YES! :)
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

I guess I'll throw my hat into the ring of this subject.

It seems to be a troubling trend when it comes to trying to fund Superheroine films (peril or non-peril) by using the crowdfunding technique, Especially this year for some reason.

But, I think the issue at hand is that the fans are outspoken and do give specific demands, and want their say in the script and if that isn't possible...they will not contribute. But the issue is that if producers do allow the fans to have their say in the project..the hope is that if the element they want has been accepted and put into the script, the outspoken fans will contribute and donate. But from my personal experience (which I'm experiencing currently as well) that turns out not to be that case..and that is very frustrating. I know other producers and co-producers have felt the same way too. Now, what I can say is that the crowdfunding technique can go either way..either positive of negative. For me, it has worked 8 times in the past 3 years..although between late last year to now currently...I've hit a wall.

It will be a very sad day if Bluestone decides to not continue making superheroines films because of the budget concerns and the fact that fans won't help to financially contribute to the films..especially after seeing his work year in and year out....but if Bluestone decides to end it...then its very understandable because it does cost a lot of time and money to make superheroine films in general. Whether its high budget or low budget. So, i would certainly understand if Bluestone decides to walk away from the genre and end the series. And it would be a shame and a big loss to the superheroine peril community.
Last edited by jimbobklyn5 7 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Amen on that.
My two cents:
I think the poll should have been broken up into parts since we only have one option.One part could be MELODY OR MELANIE then the next poll OTS OR CRADLE CARRY then FRONT BEARHUG OR BACK BEARHUG and WINNING IN PERIL OR LOSING etc....
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I say that because I voted for Melody but obviously NEED I mean NEED to see her ots and chloroformed man.........need it BAD MAN :)
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of your comments. They are all appreciated. I certainly did not start this thread to blackmail anyone into buying videos, nor to say that Bluestone Videos are the best. I was just telling it straight, and the videos are what they are. If you don't like them, you're probably not reading this thread anyway. :laugh:

Yes, it's a limited market, and that's part of the problem. No, aiming at the mainstream market doesn't work. We tried that with The Dark Wondra Saga, and the vast majority, if not all, of the contributors were fetish fans. So, we're not going in that direction at this time.

Are we planning to continue to offer alternate endings? Definitely!

Store credits for elements not used or for videos not produced can only be given at the Bluestone store, because Genre Videos features other producers who have to be paid by me for sales of their products. So, by giving a credit there, I could be paying out those credits twice.

Choosing script elements is too hard to control. We want the video storylines to make sense, not simply be going in many unconnected directions. So, script elements cannot be chosen.

If these videos are produced, will we sell them to the general public? Yes, but for more than contributors will be paying. In fact, we've decided to lower the basic contribution to $20 and lower the after release prices to $25. So that is a 20% discount for prepaying for these videos. The public releases may be delayed, unless the public pays twice the price to get them in the first week or two of their release to the up front contributors. That would be fair.

As for the elements that people want included, our thoughts are as follows:

- We often get asked why we didn't add a chloroform scene, or an ots carry, to the latest episode of a fan's favourite superheroine. The solution is for the fan to pay more in order to have a real say in the content of the final video;
- Over the years, we have listened to fans' suggestions and included many of their requests in our videos but, as everyone knows, the posting fans are a small majority of the fans on any forum. So, this model allows for the majority of those who buy these videos to get the content that they want. That seems much fairer to me.

The bottom line is that if fans decide not to contribute so that they can buy the final product for an extra $5.00 once it's produced, they may get a rude awakening when the video is not produced because of lack of support.

I've been a producer for about 12 years. It's never been a source of income, but it's been fun. I will continue to release my crime videos whether the Superheroine division continues or not, but I figured that I owed it to our fans to give you the opportunity to keep these awesome videos coming! I'm not pleading. If these videos don't get the required support, that's too bad, but it won't affect my bottom line in the least. In fact, it would actually improve it. It would just be a shame if the adventures of the Bluestone Superheroines ended without a fight.

Up to you, my friends.

Blue
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I just want to see Melody AT LEAST ONCE chloroformed and flung over a shoulder,if she never does another video that would be VERY bad but I and I'm sure the Melody fans out there would like to see that once.
Believe me if I won the lottery I would produce a MAJOR video with all your ladies :) I just hope you don't stop your superheroine stuff Blue because (like NGC) you do this stuff with class and have the hottest ladies.Sorry other producers out there but its my opinion.You don't have to tear off a heroines clothes(or boots) and force her to have a orgasm to make a great video.
I mean look at this woman!!
And if you don't want to see THIS flung over a shoulder,there's something wrong with you!!
loveit23
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I soooo agree with Richpartist love to see that happen to melody !!!! He is right look at her their is a reason she is Supernova PRIME !!!!!!!!!
I also want to see that top ripped open to see some cleavage oh god YESSSS !!!! People wake up let's do this can't have the super heroine
series stop !!! These are the hottest super heroines out there !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Looks like Melody is in the lead,along with pantyhose and chloroforming brothers and sisters :)
Need more back up on that ots carry though :)
Inner voice and slightly destroyed costume ain't bad either.Melody has been blessed in many areas :)
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

KnightsofGotham.com wrote:
swampy170 wrote:Fair play - but my suggestion is that the pledges don't fund the films directly, you pay for access to a subscription site as with SuperheroineCentral. The different levels offering standard or premium films.

Agreed.
I do however wish him the best because he's kinda the gold standard when it comes to the horror genre and his super heroine content is spot on in my opinion.
Indeed. Top 3 for me, certain elements of films are done better elsewhere - but Bluestone is definintely a leadership contender, no doubt.

An additional thought on Standard/Premium films would be adding in new talent. Since certain cast members are pricey could use "Standard" films as tryouts for newbies - save that dollar. Although with the collapse of the UK glamour industry (or transition to Cam anyway), rates are alot cheaper these days.

All would require lots of legwork to tie into current story structure - but an idea.
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

swampy170 wrote:
KnightsofGotham.com wrote:...I do however wish him the best because he's kinda the gold standard when it comes to the horror genre and his super heroine content is spot on in my opinion.
Indeed. Top 3 for me, certain elements of films are done better elsewhere - but Bluestone is definintely a leadership contender, no doubt.

An additional thought on Standard/Premium films would be adding in new talent. Since certain cast members are pricey could use "Standard" films as tryouts for newbies - save that dollar. Although with the collapse of the UK glamour industry (or transition to Cam anyway), rates are alot cheaper these days.

All would require lots of legwork to tie into current story structure - but an idea.
This has been tried! That's where Melody and Melanie came from, as well as our new Catwarrior... new and affordable talent. We've done our part, but now we need support to continue the fight to get these videos produced... to continue the dream!

Blue
Foolish Mortal
Henchman
Henchman

You are by far my favorite producer. Count me in.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

For the love of God where are my fellow ots people!!????? :)
WonderMan90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Hey I know it is not on the poll, but I was hoping if you could do more face down scenes in your future videos just like you done on Ultrawoman 7 that will be so awesome. I would definitlely tried to contribute to help the lovely superheroines to continue fighting evil . Definitely more chloroforming and kos' as well.
Brad
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

These elements don't have to be mutually exclusive. For example, we could have Melanie Dunne and Melody Sky team up against a common enemy (they already fought each other in a previous video). Also, I already agree with a lot of the stuff Blue already does (like great special effects and decent storylines). He sets the bar pretty high for other producers.
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

Hey All,

Okay, our first Indiegogo campaign has been launched. This will be to fund "Supernova Prime: Earthbound", a video featuring Melody Sky as Supernova Prime!

Prepay for your video at a 20% discount, plus add your favourite elements!

Visit the campaign now by clicking this link:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/supe ... /x/7769801#/

If you want the Bluestone Superheroines series to continue into 2017, make your best contribution before this campaign ends.

Blue
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I'm not a huge fan of this business model. It feels a bit like shifting the commercial risk onto the consumer.

On the other hand, if the series is not commercially viable then I guess Blue deserves credit for trying to innovate and find a way to keep making these great films (although, honestly I think your films are underpriced and are more justified around the high 20s low 30s mark than the 20 or less).

I might give this a punt and see how it turns out
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

So between now and October 20th we can contribute a large sum upfront or do a little at a time?
Thats probably what I can do Blue,$20 or 25 now then early and mid October some more until I reach my elements
CHLOROFORM
OTS CARRY
PANTYHOSE and perhaps
INNER VOICE
I didn't know we had to wait until early 2017 though :( Will there be Melody videos between now and then(and Melanie)??
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

$95 in total without the inner voice then Blue? :)
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

Richpartist wrote:$95 in total without the inner voice then Blue? :)

Richpartist wrote:So between now and October 20th we can contribute a large sum upfront or do a little at a time?
Thats probably what I can do Blue,$20 or 25 now then early and mid October some more until I reach my elements
CHLOROFORM
OTS CARRY
PANTYHOSE and perhaps
INNER VOICE
I didn't know we had to wait until early 2017 though :( Will there be Melody videos between now and then(and Melanie)??

Hi Richpartist and Gang,

Yes, $95 will get you the video plus three elements. You can contribute anytime during the campaign, but everyone should first contribute the $20 for the video itself, and then purchase the elements as funds become available.

As you know, these videos do not get made overnight, and this one will not be made unless it is sufficiently supported.

So, 30 days to raise the funds, then we will have to arrange the shoot, shoot the episode, and then edit it. Melody is standing by, but we won't be booking her until we know that the "Supernova Prime: Earthbound" video is a go!

There will be other Bluestone Superheroine videos for the balance of 2016 before we go completely crowd-funded, or close up shop, depending on fan support of our Indiegogo campaigns. There are no shot and unedited Supernova Prime videos though. So, there won't be any more Melody Sky videos if "Supernova Prime: Earthbound" is not filmed. If it is filmed, we will put the Doomsday film back on the table for later in 2017.

As for Melanie, there is a Melanie Supernova video being released this Friday and then another one before the end of the year. We have decided to launch a similar crowd-funding campaign for Darkwing (Yvonne) fans. If the Melody Indiegogo campaign goes well, we will consider a Supernova (Melanie) one too, since she did have votes in the above poll.

I will soon be starting a separate "Supernova Prime: Earthbound" thread to discuss that specific video, but will keep this thread alive for further general crowd-funding announcements and updates.

As for lionbadger's comment:
lionbadger wrote:I'm not a huge fan of this business model. It feels a bit like shifting the commercial risk onto the consumer.

In effect, it's not a matter of transferring the commercial risk onto the consumer. I have determined that the Bluestone Superheroine series is NOT commercially viable. If this was simply a business decision, the series would have been cancelled last year. I continued with the series and ran up a substantial debt doing so, because I love these videos as much as you do, but there comes a time that one must ask, is it really worth continuing? I've had a good run. Together with my fantastic team of professionals, we believe that we have raised the bar for these genre productions. We've done our best... we've done our part. Now, it's time to see if the fans appreciate the product enough to pre-purchase and financially support it, because, if not, we're simply fooling ourselves if we think that there's any future in this market. We simply don't want to throw up our hands and bow out, like other producers have done, without giving the fans a chance to keep the Bluestone Superheroine series going into 2017 and beyond. It's really not a business model, because even if we reach our campaign goals, we will still not be making a profit... which is the purpose of all business plans... but with your support, we will agree to continue to produce videos for this market. That's what it's all about.

Sincerely,
Blue
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Just curious, but what about putting some of those videos on the SHG site? Yours are some of the absolute best, but might the lack of profit turned be due to not having enough exposure for these impressive videos? I don't know if SHG had a lot of traffic, but it seems like one of the most frequented sites of the superheroine genre. Maybe test it out with one of the older videos and see if there is a boost in sales.
Just a thought from a fan who would have you make a profit so as to keep you interested in making more great videos and financially rewarded for doing such great work.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

sugarcoater wrote:Just curious, but what about putting some of those videos on the SHG site? Yours are some of the absolute best, but might the lack of profit turned be due to not having enough exposure for these impressive videos? I don't know if SHG had a lot of traffic, but it seems like one of the most frequented sites of the superheroine genre. Maybe test it out with one of the older videos and see if there is a boost in sales.
Just a thought from a fan who would have you make a profit so as to keep you interested in making more great videos and financially rewarded for doing such great work.
Thanks for the suggestion, but what does SHG stand for?

Blue
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It now stands for Sexy Hot Girl. IIRC, it used to stand for Super Hero Girls. However, DC nabbed that trademark for their animated series.

http://shg-media.com/

Several of the main producers sell their videos through SHG Media. I'm not sure about their policy on "death fetish", though. Also, they got very jittery about characters who are too similar to Marvel and DC heroines. Although the parody characters are starting to appear again on there now.
Last edited by Heroine Addict 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

It's unlikely, knowing the history there.
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

I'm sorry but how have Bluestone productions given their productions a fighting chance of being "commercially viable"?

Flying a fair portion of your cast & crew half way around the world is not giving your productions any chance of being commercially viable at all.

Passing on crazy logistical plans such as that to the consumer borders on the Logan (was gonna say criminal, but Logan is just better).
*EDIT - criminal as a figure of speech, Bluestone's actions in utilising such logistical plans are within the bounds of the law but to do so to investors would be "positively criminal, wot wot"

With the substantial fall in the pounds value Bluestone Productions should be finding it easier than ever to fund production, not harder than ever.
Last edited by swampy170 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I always assumed the videos were shot in the South of England. Seeing as most of the cast had Cockney or Essex accents up until recently. It was always like Super TOWIE or Knights of Romford.

Are the cast and crew really flown half way around the world?
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

Until the latest string of episodes they were shot in London.

Latest bunch were shot in Canada - and suddenly there's a crowdfunding campaign as Bluestone Productions has become unaffordable.. just as the value of the pound drops and the price of production in the UK actually falls.

How somebody thought the profit margins were large enough to afford flying most of the actresses and some crew out to Canada is beyond me!

Of course, profit margins don't matter when you pass the extra cost to the consumer.

Don't get me wrong - it has coincided with an improvement in production values, some cool looking stuff!

However increasing production values at a cost to the bottom line and destroying the very commercial viability (what little there was) of the productions is just poor business.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Plus Danielle Maye, Danica Thrall and Emma Glover are on social media and able to tweet about this stuff to their own fanbases. Lovely as the new Canadian girls are, they're largely anonymous.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yes I agree,it would help if we knew their real names :) I promise I won't ask "melody" to marry me....................at least not right away :)
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I hope this works out for the producer and the "investors". But, to me, this seems like a sort of group custom with very limited input from those who put up the money. And the record for attempted group customs at this site is not encouraging.