Brutal Honesty requested

General discussions about superheroines!
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

*** Just to point out Im looking for honesty not personal attacks*****

We have been working on Superheroine content for years and have seen enough success to continue shooting but personally I feel like somethings off. Somehow we are out of sync with the other producers that are on our level.
I have spent the last 6 months picking apart formulas and content in an attempt to focus on whats missing and where we should work more on.

For the last 20 years we have followed the same formula when working on niches and its done wonders for our exposure, productivity, and quality of content and thats been......
Ask the community.
However we have found that the super heroine community is really tight lipped when giving feedback.
It usually comes in the form of personal attack, usually the posts come from a person who doesn't like the producer and is attacking the preview instead of commenting on a purchased copy.
Seeing how our last video sold over 40 units in a week and 90% of the traffic to c4s came from this forum I will try my luck again.

1) What are we doing wrong and how can we change that to make a better product for you guys?
2) What are we doing right and should leave alone?

These are two simple questions but you would be surprised at how much better a product can become just by asking for input.
Many people don't want to post in public so feel free to PM me here with your thoughts.

I'll put some straight forward answers upfront to avoid any confusion

a) we love making super heroine movies.
b) its a lot of fun and we enjoy making them and enjoy our shoots
c) we have continuously thrown money into quality costume creation
d) we do research on heroine powers and weaknesses so we aren't creating bullshit attributed to a heroine that doesn't exist in the comics

Thank you
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The core thing that seems "off" (to me) about your videos is that they're clearly shot in your home. This may be okay if the storyline involves the heroine's home being invaded, but it doesn't look at all right for a villain's lair.

Stuff such as personal pictures hanging on the walls just spoils the illusion.

Now, I have noticed that your walls are painted the right shade of green for greenscreen effects. So maybe you could shoot some scenes against a bare green wall and add a basic backdrop?

Or, more practically, use drapes, sheets and whatever else you can find to make it look like you're shooting in different places. I always thought the Black Lodge from Twin Peaks would look good as a villain's lair.

Hope this helps. I'm not criticizing your home or its decor. It all looks very nice as a living space. It just doesn't seem like a place where villains would capture superheroines.

Your lobby, on the other hand, has a real classic Metropolis vibe. Although I can imagine there are good reasons why you can't shoot there more often.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:The core thing that seems "off" (to me) about your videos is that they're clearly shot in your home. This may be okay if the storyline involves the heroine's home being invaded, but it doesn't look at all right for a villain's lair.
You're right. Will start working on that. we do have a drape system and have used black drapes before in earlier movies to give the room a different feel. When we stopped no-one said a word so we just figured no one cared. this is a good example of why its good to voice your concerns. We will get on that immediately.

Heroine Addict wrote:
Now, I have noticed that your walls are painted the right shade of green for greenscreen effects. So maybe you could shoot some scenes against a bare green wall and add a basic backdrop?
Actually the wall is Tiffany green which is terrible for chroma key work but we do have two sheet rock panels painted in official chroma key green which we can use, as well as green screen panels we can hang from the ceiling drape system in the living room. Maybe its time we return to the green screen work. Again when we first started we did a lot of it and when we stopped no one said anything about it so we just didn't bother going there. It maybe a good idea to start putting those things back up.

Heroine Addict wrote: use drapes, sheets and whatever else you can find to make it look like you're shooting in different places. I always thought the Black Lodge from Twin Peaks would look good as a villain's lair.
yeah.... I think thats exactly what we need to do, but also invest in some black mats to cover the wood floors. an evil lair maybe good with black curtains but also a black floor to cover the sameness of the other locations would help too.

Heroine Addict wrote: I'm not criticizing your home or its decor. It all looks very nice as a living space. It just doesn't seem like a place where villains would capture superheroines.
Yeah Im defiantly not taking this the wrong way.
they are all good points and worth looking into

Heroine Addict wrote:
Your lobby, on the other hand, has a real classic Metropolis vibe. Although I can imagine there are good reasons why you can't shoot there more often.
there are ways around that i suppose. Shooting in the middle of the night when traffic is low could work well although it would screw with the shoot schedule for the next day so maybe if we shoot late at night on saturday and get a late start on Sunday that would help.
thanks for the input I will defiantly start writing this into scenes.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I agree with everything HA said and that Lobby where I think you had DK in one vid was amazing and really looked the part.
For me personally I also find the camera shots a bit - 'samey' the vast majority are straight-on at the heroines/action.

I appreciate its difficult when you are both your own crew and often the lead villain so I have every sympathy, but maybe try and edit in a few stock shots from different angles. I know with your health issues you may not be able to move around as much as you would like, so again I can understand the need for more static shots, but there it is. Thats just my opinion. I do actually like the comic style/newspaper promo stuff you do with your vids but if you look at the actual still photos in those comic headlines in the different sets, they do all kinda look the same[the sets I mean] (particularly as its often Eve as BG - NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT but of course it adds to the feeling of deja-vu). I know they aren't of course but because the angles are
similar and the viewer is reading them a few weeks or months apart it just gives the impression that you've seen it before.

To end on a positive note, one of the stuff you guys do better than almost every other producer is this, right here - trying to improve. You've looked to develop new costumes, new effects and constantly improve your product over the years by trying to interact with the community so very well done on that score. :clap2:
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:I agree with everything HA said and that Lobby where I think you had DK in one vid was amazing and really looked the part.
For me personally I also find the camera shots a bit - 'samey' the vast majority are straight-on at the heroines/action.
Agreed. Im going to start writing more things with all three hallways in our complex. they are slightly different in size and layout which would give a nice difference in location. guys a matter of writing i suppose

tallyho wrote:
I appreciate its difficult when you are both your own crew and often the lead villain so I have every sympathy, but maybe try and edit in a few stock shots from different angles. I know with your health issues you may not be able to move around as much as you would like, so again I can understand the need for more static shots, but there it is. Thats just my opinion. I do actually like the comic style/newspaper promo stuff you do with your vids but if you look at the actual still photos in those comic headlines in the different sets, they do all kinda look the same[the sets I mean] (particularly as its often Eve as BG - NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT but of course it adds to the feeling of deja-vu). I know they aren't of course but because the angles are
I think I need to find a better formula and work that angle. it might not be easy breaking out of a familiar mold but I think its become necessary at this point. Im hoping that more constructive feedback will help steer that ship.

tallyho wrote: To end on a positive note, one of the stuff you guys do better than almost every other producer is this, right here - trying to improve. You've looked to develop new costumes, new effects and constantly improve your product over the years by trying to interact with the community so very well done on that score. :clap2:
We're trying man. But unfortunately its not something that we can do alone. We need the feedback and so far we have gotten a really good start on ideas that need changing. I hope more people will step up and help in that regard.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Well here goes

I understand that you are the only male villian? I don't think it works well, maybe hide your face entirely. Right now the reaction is him again.

Some of your actress do not have the right body type for their roles. Batgirl has to have a thin athletic Yvonne Craig type body
WonderWoman and Catwoman have to have a different body than that.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Dazzle1 wrote:Well here goes

I understand that you are the only male villian? I don't think it works well, maybe hide your face entirely. Right now the reaction is him again.
I can do that. And also I can look into hiring other males for thugs/villains. thats in the realm of possibility. I can start looking into that

Dazzle1 wrote: Some of your actress do not have the right body type for their roles. Batgirl has to have a thin athletic Yvonne Craig type body
WonderWoman and Catwoman have to have a different body than that.
Meh.
thats subjective.
I have had messages saying Eve is the perfect batgirl because she's the most believable of the bunch and doesn't come across as sexy/fetish batgirl, and Ive had others tell me Evangeline is a terrible batgirl because she's too fat for the role.
Ive had people tell me she's believable because she's not a 19 yearly and the mature batgirl works while others tell me she's too old to play batgirl and she should be a hot 19 year old with a smoking body.

Ive had people tell me hannah perez as Wonder Woman doesn't work, and yet there are many who adore her as Wonder woman on my movies and other producers movies.

I have heard that Kymberly janes is a great Wonder Woman and others who have told me she's not fit enough.

Ive had people tell me Samantha Grace is perfect as CatWoman and others tell me she's too fat to play CatWoman.

Thats all subjective and really can't help me make a better movie.

I will give you the first one though. I do need to look into more variety for villains. thats a worthwhile point to look into thanks
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

As previously noted, setting can help set a video apart.

It's easy to lower the priority on this if you're just trying to get under budget or by on a less than professional shoot, but it can often be the over looked actor on the video.

There is nothing wrong about filming in your home, there are plenty of reasons to. Its private, it's economical, it's accessible, the advantages are obvious. That's fine, but when you've shot dozens of films in it, it's like using the same actress over and over and over for the same role. It's not visually interesting and stimulating.

A change of location now and then to suit the story line might be nice. Maybe even consider an out door shoot or two. Even if it's just on the roof of an apartment building you have access to, or the back yard, or alley or some such of a property you have access to shoot privately might be nice budget locations to try out.

A story that fits the setting can go a long way to help sell a location. If you want to take the step from where you up to the next level you have to start thinking more dimensional and plan shoots for the story in multiple locations. It's a pain, it's costly because you have to move, but this can be handled if you can keep the locations you want to shoot at close to one another.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Kitten wrote:As previously noted, setting can help set a video apart.

It's easy to lower the priority on this if you're just trying to get under budget or by on a less than professional shoot, but it can often be the over looked actor on the video.

There is nothing wrong about filming in your home, there are plenty of reasons to. Its private, it's economical, it's accessible, the advantages are obvious. That's fine, but when you've shot dozens of films in it, it's like using the same actress over and over and over for the same role. It's not visually interesting and stimulating.

A change of location now and then to suit the story line might be nice. Maybe even consider an out door shoot or two. Even if it's just on the roof of an apartment building you have access to, or the back yard, or alley or some such of a property you have access to shoot privately might be nice budget locations to try out.

A story that fits the setting can go a long way to help sell a location. If you want to take the step from where you up to the next level you have to start thinking more dimensional and plan shoots for the story in multiple locations. It's a pain, it's costly because you have to move, but this can be handled if you can keep the locations you want to shoot at close to one another.
All excellent points. Thank you
frankzito
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

BRING BACK KYMBERLY JAYNE AS WW!!!!!!!

Er ... Sorry. Needed to get that out of my system. But seriously. Kym. Diana Knight.. Akira Lane. I know Cali Logan and Keri Spectrum are close to you. It'd be great to see more models more often.

I'd definitely find somewhere else to shoot when it's required.

I think the videos I have from you guys I enjoy, but there's always something off about the editing. I think a good editor can really make a major difference.

Would like to see more male villains.

Love the blood. Would be great to see you guys incorporate fun things like from this video: http://www.akiba-web.com/product/downlo ... ct_id=5472

(Watch the sample video. Look at all the tricks they're using that we don't even see from the American producers. What could be incorporated from this on a smaller budget?)
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

frankzito wrote:BRING BACK KYMBERLY JAYNE AS WW!!!!!!!
That ones easy! Yes Yes and Yes. She will be here February/March
Wish they could all be that simple lol

frankzito wrote: But seriously. Kym. Diana Knight.. Akira Lane. I know Cali Logan and Keri Spectrum are close to you. It'd be great to see more models more often.
Kym is on her way.
Diana doesn't travel to the east anymore and there are rumors she may be easing into retirement
Akira lane is busy with her own productions and is seldomly here so unless I fly to the west its almost a given she won't be in our movies
Keri Spectrum has moved to Florida, she aint coming back anytime soon
Cali Logan is kinda close but she too is pretty booked with her own production company. If you want to see Evangelines Batgirl with her Batgirl or something else contact her about booking Eve
As for new models.....
Starting january we will be shooting with new never before seen models. there will be Vampires, and Superheroine films with them

frankzito wrote:
I think the videos I have from you guys I enjoy, but there's always something off about the editing. I think a good editor can really make a major difference.
Need more input on this. whats wrong with the editing?
I need more details.

frankzito wrote:
Would like to see more male villains.
Already been addressed and will be looking into new villains and things in the new year.

frankzito wrote:
Love the blood. Would be great to see you guys incorporate fun things like from this video:
We can defiantly do that! there are a few of those elements we could adapt. I would want to copy them because producers who copy other producers formula line for line are the worst asd laziest type of con artist. Adapting a style to your own formula is acceptable though and I can see a few elements I wouldn't mind looking into developing and tweaking
frankzito
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

That would be awesome, and that's what I meant by copying. Definitely don't duplicate, but pick and choose the elements you like and work them in. I would LOVE to see a video like the one I linked to, done by you, and starring Kym as WW. Shit I'd pay for that. (Ping me when those slots open?)

In terms of editing, what I mean is there is sometimes a pacing issue. It's the same issue Sleeperkidsworld has. You both have GREAT content, GREAT women, but for me anyway, the movies don't move fast enough. They sort of linger and then transition to the next shot. TBFE is a great example of editing that I think is good for this genre. There's a big body blow and then they're right on the next thing. There's a rhythm to it.

Sometimes lingering or dragging is good, like when Eve is a vampire and chowing down on this week's heroine, but other times I think we stay too long on a shot and it just kills the momentum of the film.

Also: And this is awkward sounding, but I'd love to see more non-white female models. Lisa Tiffian, S Trilogy (who does films with Tomiko), there's a litany of beautiful women we just don't see in this genre and I'd love if that changed. :-)
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

frankzito wrote:That would be awesome, and that's what I meant by copying. Definitely don't duplicate, but pick and choose the elements you like and work them in. I would LOVE to see a video like the one I linked to, done by you, and starring Kym as WW. Shit I'd pay for that. (Ping me when those slots open?)

In terms of editing, what I mean is there is sometimes a pacing issue. It's the same issue Sleeperkidsworld has. You both have GREAT content, GREAT women, but for me anyway, the movies don't move fast enough. They sort of linger and then transition to the next shot. TBFE is a great example of editing that I think is good for this genre. There's a big body blow and then they're right on the next thing. There's a rhythm to it.

Sometimes lingering or dragging is good, like when Eve is a vampire and chowing down on this week's heroine, but other times I think we stay too long on a shot and it just kills the momentum of the film.

Also: And this is awkward sounding, but I'd love to see more non-white female models. Lisa Tiffian, S Trilogy (who does films with Tomiko), there's a litany of beautiful women we just don't see in this genre and I'd love if that changed. :-)

Ok so if Im getting you correctly you're having an issue with the pacing. its either too slow or unbalanced. Ive been watching a lot of Arrow lately and realize we have a lot to learn about pacing an action scene. its something i need to work onI suppose. also maybe start picking apart a few scene and looking at how its blocked.

Ive also just started watching film riots videos on you tube that has given me a bit of insight that might help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj7SyUGhtFA
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

One other thing I'd say is that your color palette seems a bit muted and naturalistic. Now, that's perfectly appropriate for some characters and costumes. However, if you're doing the spandex-clad Silver/Bronze Age comic book versions of Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Batgirl, I believe a kind of "heightened reality" is more appropriate with extra-vibrant reds and blues.

While studio-based producers such as Jim Weathers and Mighty Hypnotic build whole sets in the four-color comic book aesthetic, Cali Logan is a fine example of a producer who uses domestic sets but still makes the heroines stand out in their primary colors.

I'm probably not explaining this very well, but I find there's a psychological barrier (for me) when the image is too natural. It's like I'm constantly reminded that I'm looking at a model in a silly costume, rather than a fantasy figure.

Unless a producer has the serious cash to do "gritty" authentically, I find it's better to embrace the unreality of the genre and make the characters look like the archetypal heroines who could have leaped from a comic book panel.

I'm not sure how much of it comes down to lighting and how much is down to post-production grading. But would it be possible to make your videos more vibrant?
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:One other thing I'd say is that your color palette seems a bit muted and naturalistic. Now, that's perfectly appropriate for some characters and costumes. However, if you're doing the spandex-clad Silver/Bronze Age comic book versions of Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Batgirl, I believe a kind of "heightened reality" is more appropriate with extra-vibrant reds and blues.

While studio-based producers such as Jim Weathers and Mighty Hypnotic build whole sets in the four-color comic book aesthetic, Cali Logan is a fine example of a producer who uses domestic sets but still makes the heroines stand out in their primary colors.

I'm probably not explaining this very well, but I find there's a psychological barrier (for me) when the image is too natural. It's like I'm constantly reminded that I'm looking at a model in a silly costume, rather than a fantasy figure.

Unless a producer has the serious cash to do "gritty" authentically, I find it's better to embrace the unreality of the genre and make the characters look like the archetypal heroines who could have leaped from a comic book panel.

I'm not sure how much of it comes down to lighting and how much is down to post-production grading. But would it be possible to make your videos more vibrant?

This might be too complicated for me to do. Im saying this because I'm only understanding a portion of it. I could start playing with lighting to create a more grittier darker environment and also a lot of the environment is linked to sound as well as vision so including a darker sound track it might help but I don't know how to make surrounding vibrant without hiring set producers to create such an environment and I'm not sure i know how to color gradient it.
I have several after effects application for color (magic bullet, etc) but have never ever had a chance to dive into it.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I think lighting would be the most important thing. As long as the original image is clear, you can tweak the color to your own satisfaction. Trying to enhance a too dark image, however, is much harder.

I accept that it might not be feasible to emulate the sort of four-color fantasy worlds used by MH, Kendra James and others. (As those are clearly studio-based videos.) But maybe look at how the purple Batgirl costume leaps off the screen in Cali's videos. Ludella Hahn is also excellent in this respect, even though many of her videos are shot in domestic settings.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:I think lighting would be the most important thing. As long as the original image is clear, you can tweak the color to your own satisfaction. Trying to enhance a too dark image, however, is much harder.

I accept that it might not be feasible to emulate the sort of four-color fantasy worlds used by MH, Kendra James and others. (As those are clearly studio-based videos.) But maybe look at how the purple Batgirl costume leaps off the screen in Cali's videos. Ludella Hahn is also excellent in this respect, even though many of her videos are shot in domestic settings.
OK. Im gonna try and see what i can come up with. I have a few ideas Im willing to try to help make it seem like more of a comic and less like a chick wearing a costume. I don't know if it will work but Im willing to give it a try. Maybe for this months Patreon....lets see
bbsucks
Henchman
Henchman

I could be wrong about this, but I don't believe I've ever bought a video of yours. It's not because of the actresses (I love Kymberly Jane. I'm not even a super big fan of Wonder Woman stuff, but put Hannah Perez in that costume, and it's usually an automatic buy for me... Though admittedly, I didn't know they were in your stuff until this post). It doesn't seem like it's the premises. Seems like you do a lot of vampire stuff. I like vampire stuff and mind control and all that good stuff (though I do like a good brawl, too, which I get the impression you don't do as much of). It's not the production polish (I buy and enjoy stuff from heroineperil.com all the time and that seems like that's around the same budget, if not a bit lower than yours).

For me, I think it's all about the fact that I have no idea what your stuff is like, and I can't really get a sense of anything the way you're promoting it. I see nothing on http://evangelinevonwinter.com/ except for links to C4S sites. The C4S superheroine site is terrible to navigate through (not your fault), and impossible to sort and find older stuff. After the realization that I'd never bought anything of yours and there's potentially a gold mine of new (to me) content on your page that I could check out, I started browsing through things. This immediately peaked my interest: http://clips4sale.com/all-about-eve/Hor ... heroine%29

It's Kymberly Jane and vampires and the costume doesn't look too bad. That sounds like a thing. But the one image tells me nothing, and the low quality of the image (probably lower than the resolution of the video) isn't very encouraging either. That, plus the big unformatted block of rambling text over an abrasive pink background leaves me feeling significantly less interested before I can ever figure out if I care enough about the video to give it a shot.

Something like this has a nice title: http://clips4sale.com/all-about-eve/Won ... +%28WMV%29 but the trailer is useless, and it seems like the text attempts to overcome the lack of a proper trailer, but it ends up being a lot of words without saying much.

For me, you lose me before I ever get my foot in the door. I'd actually like to find some good stuff that you've done and buy it, but my options for finding it are either search through C4S (and I rarely ever find older stuff on that site), or wait for a post on here. And it's super easy to lose posts on this message board.

Most of the stuff I buy, I see on heroinemovies.com and/or from checking shgmedia.com pretty much every day. The one exception to this, is that I will normally check out Primal's stuff, which I learn about almost exclusively from this board. But their C4S page is a little cleaner and easier to navigate, and you get a lot more preview material before making a purchase there.

That's my 2 cents. Not trying to be rude. I'd like to check out your stuff, just every time I going on a browse-around-shopping trip, your storefront never grabs me. It's messy, hard to navigate, and hard to pick out relevant information.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Thank you for taking the time to write and tell me how you feel.
Of course this topic was meant only for people who had bought the movies and had watched them and had insight as to how to make them better, not how to get more people who have not bought to buy them.
The way I feel is that if I make a better product people will comment on it and that will draw the new sales. word of mouth is better than any video preview. If there are people on the forum who's opinion you respect and they can't stop saying good things about your movie then its likely that a person will buy that movie because several non-producers have said great things about it so therefore my interest is how to make the movies better and that requires you to have seen one.
I got to this point because it worked on me. I don't buy many clips made from other producers but on more than one occasion someone had started a thread about a producer and several people jumped on and suddenly i was putting down plastic to buy it.
I believe it works because it worked on me.
Im not asking why you're not buying, Im asking how I can make the ones I am making better but I will reply to your statements

bbsucks wrote: For me, I think it's all about the fact that I have no idea what your stuff is like, and I can't really get a sense of anything the way you're promoting it. I see nothing on http://evangelinevonwinter.com/ except for links to C4S sites. The C4S superheroine site is terrible to navigate through (not your fault), and impossible to sort and find older stuff. After the realization that I'd never bought anything of yours and there's potentially a gold mine of new (to me) content on your page that I could check out, I started browsing through things. This immediately peaked my interest: http://clips4sale.com/all-about-eve/Hor ... heroine%29

Evangeline von winter.com is a portal site to all of our work and to gather custom clients and a portal for her modeling. We don't actively sell on the site. Its only informational.

bbsucks wrote:Seems like you do a lot of vampire stuff.
We do a lot of stand alone vampire stuff, a lot of vampire and super heroine stuff, and a lot of Superheroines (without the vampire stuff)
its all about being able to find the stuff without the other stuff and I can't figure out a way to offer that

I think I know where the rest of this post is going. Mostly its a subtle pitch for long video previews.
I will say that we tried doing previews three times and each time it didn't change the amount of sales received, plus it takes more time from a schedule that already is jam packed. If that isn't bad enough last year I stumbled on a forum that was all customers and no producers allowed. If a producer found their way in and were found out they were immediately banned.
One of the interesting topics was from a group of people sharing how they get free movies from producers. One guy commented on how he starts threads telling producers that he doesn't buy his stuff because there isn't enough video previews and whats there tells him nothing and encourages others on the forum to suggest longer video previews in his words
"the producer does all the work and most times offers enough to 'get the job done...lol'"
After seeing how many people said they do the same thing I realize I shouldn't waste 45 minutes of every release creating a preview that will discourage sales through giving away too much so I started making them only so you could see the actress and how they act. that should be enough, but I noticed that for every movie I made a preview for there were no bump in sales at all. it pretty much stayed the same.

I am fully aware that this is my fault.
I am not good enough to put together a preview that gives samples of the story without giving away too much
I may start making previews again but I may not.

As for order....
We have a Clips4sale forum thats dedicated to all our releases. This is the best way to get all our releases with large preview pictures and more details that are not on clips4sale. Since its only clips that are on clips4sale and doesn't promote anything thats not c4s C4S has sanctioned it and approved it and its link can be seen on every page of our c4s page I won't share the link here because I'm pretty sure we are not allowed to share links to other forums. i can't be sure about that so I'm not risking it. if a mod could confirm that its not allowed that would be great.

So anyway there you have it.
the TL;DR version

1) previews take too much extra work to create
2) they don't generate extra sales
3) some people use it to get enough content to make buying the clips pointless
4) this thread is about making our current videos better not selling to a new client base
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Previews are tricky. Three or four images is not enough information for me. Primal, at the other end of the spectrum, give away so many large animated GIFs that their clips4sale page takes an age to load. Yet they're hugely successful.

I believe the happy medium is a GIF of twenty to thirty still images. (Or the best image per minute of the video, as a basic rule of thumb.) Here's an example from MH which shows people exactly what to expect without giving away too much free content:

http://clips4sale.com/studio/2420/Cat88 ... rheroines-

Don't agonize too much over it. Just pick one representative shot for each minute, resize them all and compile a basic GIF. It's a few minutes' work that could make a big difference to your sales figures.

I don't think many people are bothered about "spoilers", as these videos don't generally have ongoing narratives. I'm personally more concerned about seeing that a video delivers what I'm looking for.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:Previews are tricky. Three or four images is not enough information for me. Primal, at the other end of the spectrum, give away so many large animated GIFs that their clips4sale page takes an age to load. Yet they're hugely successful.

I believe the happy medium is a GIF of twenty to thirty still images. (Or the best image per minute of the video, as a basic rule of thumb.) Here's an example from MH which shows people exactly what to expect without giving away too much free content:

http://clips4sale.com/studio/2420/Cat88 ... rheroines-

Don't agonize too much over it. Just pick one representative shot for each minute, resize them all and compile a basic GIF. It's a few minutes' work that could make a big difference to your sales figures.

I don't think many people are bothered about "spoilers", as these videos don't generally have ongoing narratives. I'm personally more concerned about seeing that a video delivers what I'm looking for.

I really need to find a good process to make gifs. Ive tried 2 and they were kinda hard to figure out and difficult to get the right results. one of them gave me exactly the final look i wanted but i had to do all the work in separating the images.
If it takes more than 5 minutes I just don't have thew time to dedicate not it which is why I'm more focused on making a better movie than making a better preview.
As it stands now I start working at 6.am and work straight through until 5.30 pm when i start cooking dinner for my family. spend time eating dinner and watching anime together, then at 9.30 pm while Eve is looking for clothes for the next day at the office I start working again.
Since she likes to unwind with a book before bed I spend that time working so i work until 11.30 pm and go to sleep.
I wish there were more hours in the day so i can get more work done, unfortunately I always go to bed with unfinished projects and a to do list for the next day. I cannot afford to spend too much time gathering resources for previews when I have far more important work to do. if making previews gets me an extra 5 sales its not worth the $300 I'm losing by not finishing the latest freeze movie that has to go up asap.

I don't want this to turn into a video preview thread. the topic is how to make a better movie not how to sell a movie better. I will worry about that when I have the free time. for now the only thing thats important is getting feedback as to how to make a better movie thats enjoyable. I have gotten a lot of really good ideas and Ive already started working on some
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

I'm not a fan of the GIFS, I prefer the pictures that you do. Personally hate the gifs, but some people like them.

I agree that perhaps the lighting can be better in your videos, as well as the setting. (Hiding the photo's with a drape, etc.)

I remember some of your earlier films you shot at a park, the roof, and other various locations. I am not against filming in your home if it fits the story line though.

Im not a fan of the blood/vampire stuff, but I have purchased hundreds of your KO movies which I enjoy- sometimes simpler is better. I know it is tough to probably go to different places to shoot movies, but different locations are always nice to see.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

xxxwarriorxxx wrote:I'm not a fan of the GIFS, I prefer the pictures that you do. Personally hate the gifs, but some people like them.

I agree that perhaps the lighting can be better in your videos, as well as the setting. (Hiding the photo's with a drape, etc.)

I remember some of your earlier films you shot at a park, the roof, and other various locations. I am not against filming in your home if it fits the story line though.

Im not a fan of the blood/vampire stuff, but I have purchased hundreds of your KO movies which I enjoy- sometimes simpler is better. I know it is tough to probably go to different places to shoot movies, but different locations are always nice to see.

Thanks for the input. yeah Ive heard from enough people to let me know that we seriously have to up our location game.
Its the start of winter now so i won't be doing many outdoor scenes but will get on that as soon as it gets warm.
so.....
what can i do for now?
well as others have said I will be changing locations as much as possible and also going out of my way to change the room as much as possible by bringing in other elements that will help disguise the room.
I'm on that and I have a few ideas.

I will also be shooting with different lighting to try and generate a more fantasy feel and not a reality feel. that was another great idea and I'm starting to play with it. I think videos should be grittier and we will be seeing more of that. the living room as it stands now will be Batgirls home and only shot when he home is needed but we will start returning to the green screen stuff and the other rooms
Valik10
Producer
Producer

Not sure if you want my opinion or not but here goes. I think the stuff Ive seen from you looks pretty good to be honest, I understand the limitations of different locations to find where you can shoot and where you can actually afford so I feel your pain. My suggestion however would be that if you really like superheroine stuff is to focus on superheroine stuff. I know you also shoot lots of other fetishes and that may be dimininshing what you put into the superheroine videos. When I started my site I was doing superheroine and Damsel in Distress stuff and found after time that the DID stuff wasnt selling and I was wasting time,money etc on stuff with little or no feedback. So maybe focus on one genre you really like and get better at it,we can all improve i speak for myself as well, vs spreading yourself all over the place. Just my two cents
rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I wouldn't worry about adjusting lighting on-set to get the look you are going for. It would be hard to lighten up video that starts too dark to be usable....better to darken in post. And increase the dynamic range and boost the saturation of your colors to get them to pop.
www.flyingsuperheroes.com - please contact me for your editing, and visual and audio effects needs.

"Now, don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are....and, I'm a genius!"
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

rklein wrote:I wouldn't worry about adjusting lighting on-set to get the look you are going for. It would be hard to lighten up video that starts too dark to be usable....better to darken in post. And increase the dynamic range and boost the saturation of your colors to get them to pop.
I was tyiunking of doing something different. Start shooting in a film noir style.
I once worked with a producer who was a photographer first and he had this thing for lighting and he could replicate certain moods just with lighting and didn't need to do any correction in post. I still remember working with him years ago and remember his style so I'm going to replicate that. Since he is no longer a producer and no longer a photographer I feel its ok to start using his style with my own micro adjustments

here is an example from many years ago.
allin1.jpg
allin1.jpg (13.37 KiB) Viewed 5513 times
and
allin.jpg
allin.jpg (313.37 KiB) Viewed 5513 times
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

video sample is coming as soon as i can get it onto my own server
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Here is a sample of what Im looking to do. its located on my server but I don't know how to make videos available, and because of the content i can't put it on youtube because it would take only one person to report it to get my channel deleted.

http://www.evangelinevonwinter.com/Elit ... Sample.flv
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I don't know your situation but one thing in general about a vendor that turns me off from purchasing is when they have so much inventory and its so disorganized you can't browse it properly to find what you want. Giga freaks on c4s is like that. 100s of clips. Just pages and pages. And no way to search for particular fetishes. You can't find anything. And most of their videos are pretty generic. 1/3rd fighting a 2/3rds porn. So it doesn't matter what you buy cause its just kind of the same thing over and over.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:I don't know your situation but one thing in general about a vendor that turns me off from purchasing is when they have so much inventory and its so disorganized you can't browse it properly to find what you want. Giga freaks on c4s is like that. 100s of clips. Just pages and pages. And no way to search for particular fetishes. You can't find anything. And most of their videos are pretty generic. 1/3rd fighting a 2/3rds porn. So it doesn't matter what you buy cause its just kind of the same thing over and over.
I started noticing that a similar thing was happening to our store which is why I ended up creating a Clips4sale Forum.
I linked it to the top of my main C4S page and its intended to separate all my niches into categories and then offer better previews and organization there. Ive only had one or two people say its helped but at least i know some people are using it to find better descriptions and previews. some even have video previews.

but Again i don't think I'm allowed to post the link to that here.
But I get what you're trying to say.
But my hands are kind tied with that because i don't have the ability or liberty to fuck with c4s code. the best i can do is to make a better film, then advertise it on forums like this one and offer the best preview possible.
right now I'm only focused on making a better movie, I have to hope that advertisements on this forum will be enough to sell to customers
dcrittall
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Difficult question. Your productions are obviously those of a fan making fan friendly films. For me the biggest issue is casting. Evangiline should not portray a heroine. I know this is a personal opinion but when she plays a heroine i just dont find her sexy. However when she plays a bad girl, especially against Vivian she becomes one of the worlds hottest women.
She needs to be the hot evil villainess corrupting and destroying her more innocent naive victims. I would also say, again a personal thing that compared to other companies, your fight choreography isnt great. I cant recall the title but it was Evangeline against Vivian with a back breaker that didnt quite work. Because of the chemistry between the two ladies it is still one of my fave videos but it would have been amazing if you had spent longer on the choreography.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

dcrittall wrote:Difficult question. Your productions are obviously those of a fan making fan friendly films. For me the biggest issue is casting. Evangiline should not portray a heroine. I know this is a personal opinion but when she plays a heroine i just dont find her sexy. However when she plays a bad girl, especially against Vivian she becomes one of the worlds hottest women.
She needs to be the hot evil villainess corrupting and destroying her more innocent naive victims. I would also say, again a personal thing that compared to other companies, your fight choreography isnt great. I cant recall the title but it was Evangeline against Vivian with a back breaker that didnt quite work. Because of the chemistry between the two ladies it is still one of my fave videos but it would have been amazing if you had spent longer on the choreography.
I hate to do this to you but Vivian is gone!
She's moved on to her studies and her future profession
If she works with anyone it will be last minute and we book 5-9 months in advance.
She isn't in Atlanta anymore so she won't be working with Sleeperkid unless he's booking when she's visiting family.

I can almost guarantee that Vivian won't be working with us anytime soon if at all.
Your best bet is to contact Sleeperkid and ask him to book her whenever she's visiting family in Atlanta. with Christmas coming up she may be going south.
If you're expecting him to hire her expect to be asking for a custom
(and no i won't be letting him borrow our Wonder Woman costume for her)
:sorry:

I really would love to book with her but she doesn't have the time

As for your other point....Your entitled to your personal opinion....but its never going to happen. Evangeline loves batgirl. She has spent over $4K in batgirl costumes. She devours the comics. She would never put the cowl down.
But I understand what you mean. as much as she loves batgirl she is a better evil vampire corrupting and slaying innocents. thats pretty close to her personality in real life so she sells it very well.

Now on to your points that are helpful.

Choreography.
Yes
Very much.
You are correct.
Three times we have sought out someone to choreograph fight scenes and three times it never worked out.
The last time was when we offered keri Spectrum the job and she agreed
she studied BJJ so it seemed like a good fit. she agreed but we could never get her here
We are currently looking to hire a martial artist to help choreograph fight scenes.
you have hit the nail on the head with that one and we will try our hardest to make it work

thank you for posting
digitalbleh
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Few things have always bothered me about your films.
1: Where there shot, as mentioned above shooting in your living room isn't that great. I don't believe you need to go and get some expensive set though, you could take the furniture out of one room, and shoot it like its some basement.
2: Not saying this as a attack, but i can't stand evangeline in any video, she seems so bored, i have a few videos of yours and she just dosern't get into the scene. I got video of yours where you have quests actress come on and they really try to play a part, and eve in it just ruins it for me. Nothing agians't her, i just think she is bored of this.
3: a lot of your videos are kinda the same, and this is not only you its every producer that does this(eg batgirl gassed,then a few months later another gassing video), i also don't really have a suggestion to help with this, because the genre kinda dictates what is going to happen. maybe just more detail put into the plot.
4: Predomintly all of your superheroine videos are "supergirl, batgirl or wonder woman" related, which is ok cause that is what sells.. and i know you do on occasions use a new heroine, but you could throw a few extra in every now and again.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

digitalbleh wrote:Few things have always bothered me about your films.
1: Where there shot, as mentioned above shooting in your living room isn't that great. I don't believe you need to go and get some expensive set though, you could take the furniture out of one room, and shoot it like its some basement.
Yeah, thats been covered already, thanks.
digitalbleh wrote: 2: Not saying this as a attack, but i can't stand evangeline in any video, she seems so bored, i have a few videos of yours and she just dosern't get into the scene. I got video of yours where you have quests actress come on and they really try to play a part, and eve in it just ruins it for me. Nothing agians't her, i just think she is bored of this.
Not saying this as an attack but your personal opinion doesn't help me. there are universal points that can be made to help a movie. personal preferences don't count. She very much enjoys these projects and gets into them. Not saying this as an attack but maybe your dislike of her personally is tainting your opinion. Not saying this as an attack but you don't seem to understand what I'm trying to look for in this thread and seem to want to point out things that I find offensive and obviously doesn't help.
And do you see how putting the phrase not saying this as an attack doesn't help the feeling someones attacking you?

Seriously though. telling me you don't find Evangeline attractive, or young, or sexy does nothing to help me make a better film. its an personal opinion. how can I prove it? we still sell many units every week. if this were not a personal opinion but a universal fact then no-one would buy our films. this is supposed to be geared to making the films better for people who already buy them.
Btter lighting, change the color scheme, change locations, a variety of different male thugs, these are all helpful and have helped me see where we need work. personal opinions don't do any good.

digitalbleh wrote: 3: a lot of your videos are kinda the same, and this is not only you its every producer that does this(eg batgirl gassed,then a few months later another gassing video), i also don't really have a suggestion to help with this, because the genre kinda dictates what is going to happen. maybe just more detail put into the plot.
Thanks for telling me something that has absolutely no help whatsoever. You state a complaint, which is a legit one but offer no help in fixing it but you know its broken but you have no idea how to fix it.
that helps a lot, thanks.
And then you say everyone else does it and then answer your own question. I don't know how this is supposed to help. but I will go into some detail as to my thoughts in hopes that you will see what I'm looking for just in case you didn't get the question and missed what I'm looking for with everyone else replies.
The sales dictate what gets shot. if everyone likes the formula the formula remains in use. the only way to change a formala thats working is in hopes of making a better formula. Our sales are great but I want to make the films better. Im not necessarily looking to get more sales, although that would be gravy. What I'm looking for is help identifying whats missing in my films that others have that I'm not seeing.
what is it that others get down that I'm falling short on. what is an element that my films don't have that would make them better. that i should see but am too close to see it? Telling me the owner of the company can't be in the films she loves making because you personally don't like her while others love her isn't help. telling me I'm following a formula everyone else is following but offering no suggestions how to add or subtract to that formula isn't help.

digitalbleh wrote: 4: Predomintly all of your superheroine videos are "supergirl, batgirl or wonder woman" related, which is ok cause that is what sells.. and i know you do on occasions use a new heroine, but you could throw a few extra in every now and again.
Now we are talking!
good point. I can use this.
OK. we have a small assortment of heroines because they are not cheap halloween adventure costumes or licensed bathing suits with heroine trademarks on them. each suit costs between $1200 and $2000 which means they have to be saved up for and purchased after being made for the model who will wear it. We are always open to new villains and new heroines. and would be interested in hearing what heroines you would like to see portrayed.

All in all a swing and a miss but your last point had some merit and would be interested in hearing more from you as to what you feel would be a good heroine or villain to bring in.
thank you for taking the time to make your opinions know.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

On the subject of costumes, I personally feel you could get much better value for money by adapting off-the-peg garments (not licensed) or hiring a seamstress to create something bespoke.

The (leather?) Wonder Woman bustier you use looks pretty expensive, but it fits some models better than others and doesn't match the star-spangled trunks very well. It's like a mash-up of old and new WW costumes.

Also, the purple (latex?) Batgirl may please certain fetishists, but it has never looked right to me. Particularly when the mask is in two pieces with the face piece not sitting properly on the wearer's face.

In both cases, you could probably have spent similar money on two or three bespoke spandex costumes in a couple of different sizes.

Your non-superheroine costumes seem a lot better with the Victorian/Burlesque look giving a surreal Cyberpunk feel.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:On the subject of costumes, I personally feel you could get much better value for money by adapting off-the-peg garments (not licensed) or hiring a seamstress to create something bespoke.
Good Idea and very well worth researching. When we first started the one thing you guys wanted us to do is not stay in the cheap costume zone forever. you guys made it a point to hammer in how important it is not to have cheap costumes and it really helped us. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to start creating unique characters. maybe we can have a contest where the best idea for a heroine earns the winner a free custom with the character? sounds about right

Heroine Addict wrote:
The (leather?) Wonder Woman bustier you use looks pretty expensive, but it fits some models better than others and doesn't match the star-spangled trunks very well. It's like a mash-up of old and new WW costumes.
The costume was made for Vivian when she was working for us 3 weeks out of every month, its a corset with latex over it with latex briefs.
once she stopped shooting we either had to let the costume sit and never be used again or start putting it on as many models as possible to make a master list of who looks good in it and who doesn't.

Heroine Addict wrote:
Also, the purple (latex?) Batgirl may please certain fetishists, but it has never looked right to me. Particularly when the mask is in two pieces with the face piece not sitting properly on the wearer's face.

In both cases, you could probably have spent similar money on two or three bespoke spandex costumes in a couple of different sizes.
Thats a too little too late thing. these costumes are custom made by hand just for her size. we won't know what it looks like until after its made. the first latex mask was two pieces we had made into one. but she couldn't hear well out of it so we had a hard plastic one made but it shifts a little in places.
we then had a black one made for the black latex suit.
we can't do anything about the costume we already have. the best we can do is move forward in the future and get some off the rack stuff tailored to her instead
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

I was gonna say the same thing that Heroine Addict said about the picture frames and what not. It's good that you're shooting in your own residence as that cuts down on the costs of having to rent a studio, but you gotta make sure that you try to remove any personal items around the room.

Also Knights, try to remove any mirrors that you have in your house. I have the vid that Kerri and Eve did together when Kerri was playing a woman looking for her missing sister (Eve was a vampire) and there was a shot where the cameraman's reflection appeared in the mirror during a shot where Kerri is cowering in fear. (It's important to remove anything that may give way of the filming crew's location in the pic if possible).

Other than that, I love what you're doing with your vids. So keep up the great work.
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

This is a tough question to answer sometimes.

If you want my opinion (and you did ask), I think HeroineAddict is onto something. My first reaction when I read the question is the same reaction I have whenever I look at your C4S store. I have a visceral gut reaction to the colors. The lighting is kinda dim and there's all these natural colors and the tiffany green walls... ick. I'm not trying to critique your decor here. It just doesn't look good on video.

The dim lighting is also not very flattering. Like just glancing at this preview:
http://clips4sale.com/all-about-eve/Pol ... assment%29

There's a shot where the two girls are standing naked and covering themselves and they both have this sort've paunch showing on their bellies. Not sure if that's the models or the lighting, but it's just too real for porn.

Also, to be frank, I'm not a huge fan of your costumes, either. I realize this is entirely subjective, as you mentioned. But you asked for opinions, and opinions are subjective and there's mine. You use a lot of latex, which is not very super-heroiney to me. I've seen that purple batgirl costume that you and several other producers use and the cowl is REALLY unflattering - it makes the models face look sad and droopy and that mop of red mop of a wig is just cringe-worthy.

I went to your C4S store just now and the very first video is this one:

http://clips4sale.com/all-about-eve/The ... rheroes%29

Two superheroines in bondage with a vibrator! Seems like a perfect match for me. But no... there's something really unappealing to me about the preview. One huge problem that jumps right out at me is the dining-room chairs. Talk about illusion-breaking. It looks cheap, and it looks like they could very easily escape, since there's nothing stopping them from just tipping those chairs over or moving their legs to dislodge the vibrator. The latex costumes don't really help, either, nor does the dim lighting or the green walls. I also don't think that cowl is very flattering. It's a lot of little details that are turning me off here.

Oh... one final point... I've never actually bought any of your videos, so maybe I am wrong, but the superheroines in the previews don't look very super to me. They always look sort've sad and ordinary. Maybe that's just a combination of the colors, lighting, and costumes, but take a look at the previews for Primal's videos and those women look SERIOUSLY super and they need to be taken down a peg. :)
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

TIEnTEEZ wrote:This is a tough question to answer sometimes.
No kidding. Its a tough question because its asking for advice to the people who have bought the videos in an attempt to make those videos better, unfortunately most people tend to make their points on previews which, lets be honest, is like basing a review of a book on its dust cover only.

TIEnTEEZ wrote: If you want my opinion (and you did ask), I think HeroineAddict is onto something. My first reaction when I read the question is the same reaction I have whenever I look at your C4S store. I have a visceral gut reaction to the colors. The lighting is kinda dim and there's all these natural colors and the tiffany green walls... ick. I'm not trying to critique your decor here. It just doesn't look good on video.
Im lost. Are you talking about the color of the c4s page or the color of the walls? I'm confused.

I will say that yes its been covered already. stop using the natural walls.
I get it. its been noted.
at this point it just seems like a lets jump and now on his neck to see how long it takes to break.

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
Also, to be frank, I'm not a huge fan of your costumes, either. I realize this is entirely subjective, as you mentioned. But you asked for opinions, and opinions are subjective and there's mine. You use a lot of latex, which is not very super-heroiney to me. I've seen that purple batgirl costume that you and several other producers use and the cowl is REALLY unflattering - it makes the models face look sad and droopy and that mop of red mop of a wig is just cringe-worthy.
My last three costumes have had absolutely no...as in zero latex in them. my last three costumes.... so no not all of my costumes are latex, not even the majority of them. I have three latex costumes and one corset. then i have 5 non latex costumes.
And by the way....
Thats her natural red hair. its not a wig. the cowl....which one? we have had three purple latex cowls and two black ones....so at this point it seems like you're just stating things you don't like that actually don't apply

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
Two superheroines in bondage with a vibrator! Seems like a perfect match for me. But no... there's something really unappealing to me about the preview. One huge problem that jumps right out at me is the dining-room chairs. Talk about illusion-breaking. It looks cheap, and it looks like they could very easily escape, since there's nothing stopping them from just tipping those chairs over or moving their legs to dislodge the vibrator. The latex costumes don't really help, either, nor does the dim lighting or the green walls. I also don't think that cowl is very flattering. It's a lot of little details that are turning me off here.
Yeah... you have a point. and its one thats been made already I should;d stop using furniture that I already have at home gotcha. already working on it.

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
Oh... one final point... I've never actually bought any of your videos
oh... well that makes the whole thing make sense....you're one of the people who want me to change everything to cater to your taste without having purchased any of our videos.
Listen.
I make videos for certain kind of people.
people that want high budgets, fantastic locations, etc but from producers that can easily do that. I can't.
I can't shoot in a warehouse because a small studio costs $5K a month and small warehouse costs $15K a month I don't have that budget. I don't know anyone who owns a warehouse that will let me use it. I don't live in bumblefuck USA. Im locked into a certain style of filmmaking. and my request were for people who already buy the movies and how i can make them better.
So far 90% have been from people giving me ideas that can actually be used to make my films better. everyone else seemed to disregard me asking for input from people who buy the videos only because I'm trying to stay away from personal opinions and personal preferences.

1) you don't like latex....personal preference (and I don't own a majority of latex, but you would know that if you bought the videos which you don't so.....you know)

2) you don't think our heroines are heroine.... well again personal preference.

3) get rid of your decor..... its already been brought up....several times.

4) stop using your furniture..... yeah sorry if it looks cheap or brings you out of the moment...but then again it wouldn't bring you out of the moment because you never bought the videos so there were never any moments to get into now .

So Thank you for taking the time to reply, but its actually not what i asked for because while I did ask for opinions I asked for opinions of people who bought the movies in an attempt to make them better.
if you haven't bought any of my movies by now then theres something you don't like about me or them or both.
And I doubt if I will ever change your mind because right now I'm looking to improve what we already make, not change our entire formula to please a completely different group of people because....... the kind of quality you're looking for is out of my ability to create and there are several others who do it far far far better than I do
and to be quite brutally honest are so far out of my range of ability that its not worth attempting because i will never be that good.
thats just brutal honesty on my part.
there are several producers who run this game and its the difference between a college professor and a third grade student.

All i can do is make my own films better, using the methods at my disposal.
there are things I can change
make the apartment look like a different location, shoot outside during the summer more. hire a choreographer for the fight scenes, improve my editing, use a different color palette and learn to do color grading in post. see...those are things suggested by people that i can achieve, thats what i was looking for.
Evangeline is too old, she's too fat, she doesn't have an super heroine body, stop using latex, stop using evangeline real hair, etc. this doesn't help.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

In fairness to Tie KoG, I didn't note that you only wanted opinions from those who had bought your stuff ( I have in the past mind you) - I thought to a degree you just wanted opinion as to why people were put off at the preview stage which might apply to both existing customers and non customers
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Don't take it personally, KoG. The repetition of the same points at least tells you whether specific issues raised are widely perceived to be problems. Aren't the reasons why people aren't buying exactly what you need to know?

As for the purple Batgirl costume, I think TnT was referring to the Rubie's TV costume. IIRC, you removed the awful Ronald McDonald wig from it pretty soon after buying it.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Well, sorry for the repetitive opinions - but I thought it would be helpful for you to know that it wasn't just one person who felt that way.
I realize you are not a big-budget producer, but there are plenty of low-budget producers out there who manage to do some thing better. Like Cali Logan, for example. Take a look at her previews on C4S. Bright lighting and brightly-colored costumes make a big difference. :)

And yeah. HA was right about the cowl with the red hair. Even without the ugly red mop, it's still not a great cowl. Something about the shape of the eyes just makes it look sad. :(

Anyway, I wish you good luck and I look forward to seeing the improvements. Maybe they will spur me to buy something some day. :)
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:Don't take it personally, KoG. The repetition of the same points at least tells you whether specific issues raised are widely perceived to be problems. Aren't the reasons why people aren't buying exactly what you need to know?

As for the purple Batgirl costume, I think TnT was referring to the Rubie's TV costume. IIRC, you removed the awful Ronald McDonald wig from it pretty soon after buying it.
We removed it immediately and it was never used other than a staged gag picture that went on twitter. and then chop chop chop it went off.
And oddly enough we felt the same way about it which is why we ended up going out of our way buying a custom made one that cost us over $200 but it hasn't been used yet because she actually hates the 60's costume and uses it only when a client requests it for a custom.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

TIEnTEEZ wrote:Well, sorry for the repetitive opinions - but I thought it would be helpful for you to know that it wasn't just one person who felt that way.
yeah, i get it not just one person....or two....or three....or four. you had to be the fifth voice because man let me tell you after four people told me the exact same thing I didn't believe it even though I mentioned I was going to try and do something about it.,.... but your fifth voice...man thats the one that got through my thick skull.

TIEnTEEZ wrote: I realize you are not a big-budget producer, but there are plenty of low-budget producers out there who manage to do some thing better. Like Cali Logan, for example. Take a look at her previews on C4S. Bright lighting and brightly-colored costumes make a big difference. :)
yeah.
As I mentioned before about a million times since Ive been here...
I am limited in how much i can shoot.
Cali logan lives in jersey where they don't give a fuck about people shooting outside. they don't think every person with a video camera is a terrori9st and has their camera or memory card taken.
Also Cali has a studio. in jersey. a studio which here where I live would cost $2500 a month cheaply.
She doesn't pay nearly that amount because.... well... jersey. But I get it, i really do and I have already started looking into multi set possibilities. but what isn't helpful is being told again and again that i should follow the lead of another producer who has abilities I'm not afforded. why don't you suggest a producer who lives inside NYC who has the ability to shoot like some of the producers in California or washington state. I will then send that person an email and start working a relationship. Until then outsider suggestions wrapped in ignorance to how things actually works doesn't help, it just feeds more people jumping up and down repeating the same points and ignoring the 2,000th time i have explained it

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
Anyway, I wish you good luck and I look forward to seeing the improvements. Maybe they will spur me to buy something some day. :)
I doubt you ever will....but then again Im not looking for new clients. they will never come as long as they keep asking for things i cannot deliver.
Again
this was meant for the people who actually buy my videos.
looking for suggestions from them who actually buy the videos so I can make it better for them.
they are the ones plucking down a credit card and supporting us and I want to make the best possible video for them.
new customers are nice but unless what I CAN shoot appeals to them they won't stay customers long.

But thank you for the attempt.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

To be fair, growing the customer base is the only way for any business to keep going. Appealing to the same group of people can only bring in diminishing returns as your existing clients lose interest, suffer changes of circumstances or die.

While outdoor shooting is nice when possible, I don't think anyone is suggesting that in relation to the look of Cali Logan's videos. Cali just seems to have a really good lighting set-up. Even in the non-studio videos that are clearly shot in a domestic living room or bedroom.

Comments suggesting less use of you and Eve are clearly moot as it's your studio. However, you have an impressive black book of models and it might help to switch around the roles a little. Always (or almost always) casting Eve as Batgirl limits your audience to those who like Eve as Batgirl. Maybe do a few more videos with other models in that role while Eve plays a villainess?

As the thread has been going for a while and many of the same criticisms keep coming up, maybe there could be a positive feedback thread focusing on what you and other producers are doing well? While performers, sets, props and costumes are likely to be obvious choices, there may be some technical points that appeal to people and can be easily applied to your own videos.
dcrittall
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I appreciate the fact that you are listening to your fans. Your reply to me actually makes me more likely to buy from you. There are several reasons I have brought from you in the past.
1. You do manage to get quite a few different ladies who have worked with you several times. Star Nine makes a good contrast with Eve.
2. I like the amature feel to the sets. The money is going on outfits and story. Some other companies become so glossy and hollywood they forget we want emotion between the actors.
3. I totally disagree with someones views on Eve. She isnt a professional actress. Shes a fan starring in her own movies. As I pointed out earlier I prefer her as the victorious bad girl, but the fact she loves playing batgirl shows how much of a fan she is.
4. Im not after a hollywood superheroine movie. For me this is a fun, slighty silly fetish and your company are really quite cheap. I dread to think what you would have to charge if you followed some of the advice here.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:To be fair, growing the customer base is the only way for any business to keep going. Appealing to the same group of people can only bring in diminishing returns as your existing clients lose interest, suffer changes of circumstances or die.
I have to disagree. And the only evidence I have to back it up is nearly 20 years in the industry.
our formula has always been the same.
1) start a new fetish niche
2) put out movies
3) ask people what they like and don't like
4) work with the information given.
5) once you have a solid base of regular clients start taking a new wave of information from your customers to make the films better
6) take that advice and fold it into your current formula

What you end up getting is a group of customers who become very satisfied with their purchases and become vocal about their likes, this gets new people into the fold. these new people will either like the work, think its just ok, or dislike the work.
those that dislike the work will stay away pretty much forever until they find something that really sparks their interest in which case they will download it and give it another try.
those that immediately like it are added to the group of people who already like it and that base becomes larger.
the last group is the group that feels it was only ok.
this group is then questioned and their input goes into trying to make the films even better by having a new set of voices giving input.
the cycle then repeats.
This is the way its been for the last 20 years.
this is how we have done things and have grown slowly, but have grown and thats all i can ask for.
the more I cater to those who already spend money on our films the better it is for everyone down the line.

Heroine Addict wrote: Comments suggesting less use of you and Eve are clearly moot as it's your studio. However, you have an impressive black book of models and it might help to switch around the roles a little. Always (or almost always) casting Eve as Batgirl limits your audience to those who like Eve as Batgirl. Maybe do a few more videos with other models in that role while Eve plays a villainess?

This is a very fair and very valid point. I think you're struck the nail on the head and its something that we can do that actually doesn't take any extra money to make so yeah....Expect to start seeing that more often.
although now that i have you....what are your opinions on what kind of villain she should be. In put would be greatly appreciated

Heroine Addict wrote:
As the thread has been going for a while and many of the same criticisms keep coming up, maybe there could be a positive feedback thread focusing on what you and other producers are doing well? While performers, sets, props and costumes are likely to be obvious choices, there may be some technical points that appeal to people and can be easily applied to your own videos.
Another good suggestion but not sure how it would work? a visual checklist of things achieved and things still left undone?
a quartly request for updated progress? I'm unsure which way to go.
KennyLoggins
Sargeant
Sargeant

Brutally honestly : I want to you Wilfredo Melendez playing as Batman and Evangeline as Robin, you two just the way you are. No shaving, no wigs, no dyed hair, just yourself in classic 60's style Adam West & Burt Ward spandex suits with big utility belts, dashing capes and bold tights. Ask whoever you want to play the villains and remake all classic peril scenes please.

P.S.: you two must play as a straight dynamic duo with all sexual innuendo implied but not commited as you guys are pressumed to be in a tutor and pupil relationship despite the fact Dick Grayson (played by Evangeline Von Winther) looks oddly sexy, attractive and feminine even wearing boys clothes. Keep the seriousness all the time no matter how hard the villains try to make you expose the hidden nature of Bruce Wayne/Batman and Dick Grayson/Robin private life under the cowl.