'Supergirl' Casts Saturn Girl For Season 3

General discussions about superheroines!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

From Variety

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/supergi ... 202570132/

Saturn Girl is headed to National City for “Supergirl” Season 3.

Amy Jackson will play the latest hero headed to Earth. The role marks the U.S. debut of the Bollywood actress, who started her career as a model. This won’t be the first time Saturn Girl has appeared in a live-action DC series. Alexz Johnson played the character during the eighth season of “Smallville.”

Saturn Girl, a.k.a. Imra Ardeen, is a kind, strong-willed hero who uses her telekinetic powers to help those in need. She was born on Titan, one of Saturn’s moons, and arrives on Earth just in time to help Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) face one of her biggest threats.

The hero’s first appearance in a DC comic was in 1958’s “Adventure Comics” #247. In the comics, Saturn Girl is one of the founding members of the Legion of Super-Heroes in the 30th and 31st centuries. She was also the first female character to lead a super-team in comic book history.

Jackson joins a number of new actors cast for “Supergirl” Season 3, including Adrian Pasdar as Morgan Edge, Carl Lumbly as M’yrnn J’onzz (the father of J’onn J’onzz [David Harewood]), Yael Grobglas as DC villain Psi, and Odette Annable as Reign — the new big bad of the season.

Jackson is managed by Silver Lining Entertainment and Blacksheep Management in the U.K.

“Supergirl” Season 3 debuts on the CW Oct. 9.
JohnFeer
Henchman
Henchman

Now everyone chime in as why this is bad from an objectivist standpoint....

:)

JF
shevek
Producer
Producer

Wow, great news! Amy Jackson is gorgeous, and such a unique story - a British actress who went on to succeed in Indian (Tamil and Telugu) films because she has the classic look of an Indian beauty queen. Amazing. If she was good in those films, she'll be good as Saturn Girl - I just really hope
they dye her hair blonde for authenticity. I hope we eventually see more of the Legion too.

As far as the other announcements, Odette Anable is beautiful as well so it'll be a chore making her looking ugly and alien as Reign - hopefully she'll come off as a sexy and powerful extraterrestrial like Lyra is.

Psi is hot in the comics (especially her initial skimpy golden costume when she was introduced) with an attractive short hairstyle. I wonder if she'll be controlled by that Professor Pendergast guy or not. She hasn't been used that much as a character, really. In any case, we can hope and pray for that great costume, but we will definitely welcome the extremely beautiful/blonde Yael Grobglas who has quite a lot of experience in Israeli TV shows, and also was seen as a recurring character in the CW series "Reign". Maybe they will cut her hair and dye it black...?

I really hope they get some buff woman playing Rampage as well, but I guess we'll see.
athenaartemis
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Hope they use my Saturn Girl outfit at our video store https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/67405 ... c/Limit100

Video features Star 9 as Saturn Girl and Kendra James as Weather Witch
4-MindCircles.jpg
4-MindCircles.jpg (437.01 KiB) Viewed 1301 times
FloorKO.png
FloorKO.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 1291 times
19-LeashDragFullBackSide.jpg
19-LeashDragFullBackSide.jpg (317.27 KiB) Viewed 1291 times
Screenshot (98).png
Screenshot (98).png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 1301 times
09-MindControl.jpg
09-MindControl.jpg (391.86 KiB) Viewed 1301 times
23-ArmsOverheadBondageFireDance.jpg
23-ArmsOverheadBondageFireDance.jpg (354.84 KiB) Viewed 1301 times
Both my Saturn Girl videos are available at https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/67405 ... c/Limit100