THE HARPY (Updated version)

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
KNIGHT0107
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They took EVERYTHING from her. She's taking it back. NOW evil has a reason to fear the night.

I In the beginning.

Who ever said that you can't have it all must not have met Celia Dosquaros Daughter of prestigous and presidental hopeful Trevor Dosquaros, and his wife a powerful controverisal attorney Annabeth Dusquane. Celia was in her late teen's at 5'8 she resembled a bronze goddess. Her dark auburn hair seemed to whistle in the wind, and her physique appeared as it was sculputed in stone. Her heritage resembled a little bit of spanish and Greek although her family resided in the United States, they had estate in both Madrid and Athens. It was important to Celia's parents that she understand both of her true origins. Although a child of privledge Celia prefered to stay grounded. Her father wanted her to attend a more secluded private school somewhere nestled in the alps of Switzerland while Annabeth thought that it was best Celia try to remain a normal kid as much as possible. So Celia wound up at Pasadena High.
Even thou her repuataion preceeeded here, most of the kids looked past Celia's facade and recognized her as a normal American girl. Although with the looks and resemblence of a supermodel she sometimes caused friction between the females more so than the males. Celia not only earned top honors but also was a star gymnast as well. In fact she was a strong hopefull for the next Olympics. Life seemed to be perfect for Celia in fact a little to perfect.
Even thou Trevor Dosquaros was a respected honored man, and distinguished senator of the state of California. He was not without controversy. In fact some considered him more of an activist which was true during the 1960's. He was a rebel rouser, sometimes on the long arm of the law. In fact that's how he and Annabeth met during Woodstock. Trevor spoke out against unjustice and corruption, and the media gave him a nickname "STEEL". Cause when he came down hard on unjustice watch out. He was also a whistleblower which caused many enemies as well. In fact he has received several death threats but all of them turned out to be hoaxes but still no one was taking any chances.
The Dosaquaros were the most heavily guarded family ranking almost close to the Kennedy's. Even thou Celia rejected the presence of bodyguards it was recommended that she wear a braclet that acts as a detection device so that she could be monitored 24-7. One of the pangs of
celebrity status.
Now it was during semester receess. The family had retreated to their estate in Athens. This was before Senator Doskquaros had again made worldwide acclaim and controversy by exposing a supposed world leader involved in various forms of illegal activity in various parts of the globe.
To spun further humilaition or embarasment upon his country this figure resigned from power and was exiled from his country. But he vowed that the Senators courageous but foolish act will not go witih out consequences. Some so severe his little mind couldn't bear it. This taken as a crucial threat was enough to relocate the Senator and has family until the threat was no longer considered iminite. But this figure had strong severe ties with various underworld figures in the US. The Senator now was considered a "MOVING TARGET". For the security of all involved. The immediate plan was to relocate temporarily for the time being until this threat had ceased.
Rumours of attempted assisination plots were enough to move the Doskquaros clan to a private estate off the island of Crete. Isolated enough that no outside party could gain access without proper identification. No doubt indeed the Senator was a walking target.
Celia although at times, rather frustrated of the constant moving about.
Still maintained her familes wishes. Celia had been a fond collector of greecian art and artifacts, and such. One of the studies was a room dedicated to her various finds during archeological expeditions and such.
One night after a delicitible supper of only the freshest seafood this side of the Mediteranean; Celia's mother was about to retire to the work out room. "Last chance to get on board Celia" quoted Annabeth as she mounted the stairs to the chamber". If I could only look that good in 20 years Celia joked. Trevor drew a light chuckle as Annabeth, hurled her towel at Celia's direction while the kitchen staff cleared the tables.
"How about it hon, care to burn a few?" Annabeth winked at Trevor.
Trevor eyed her with anticipation. As tempting as it sounds my dear, I really need to concentrate on this speech next week.
"OH TREVOR" Annabeth barked. Seriously your not, still. "I am still the Senator of California, and no front toothed, rebel rousing, grazing militants are going to silence me. I took an oath to the state..
"What about an oath to your family? Oh never mind Trevor, never mind".
Annabeth dismissed him with a frustrated huff upstairs 4 flights. Trevor looked after her and shook his head. He noticed the little scene had attracted a few of the staff and Celia looking puzzled.
"Alright shows over" he barked. Everyone back to where you were" Immediately the staff dispursed all except Celia who gave a dissapointed look at her father. "Not you to " he commented. Celia just looked at him with a sigh.. "Father, I know that you need to do what you feel is right and I'm so proud of you for that but." she stammered. Trevor moved towards her and kneeled one knee down to her he took her angelic face in his hands. "But?" he questioned.
"But sometimes you just push it a little to much. We are always on the move because some lunatic has you marked on their death wish." What I'm trying to say is we would rather you as a living father, than a dead senator" Celia broke off her eyes shying away from him. For once the words sunk into Trevor, as he lightly patted her face. "Honey, all that I am doing. I am doing for the future of this country, for your future. To make sure the crap that exisits now will not continue 15-20 years for now.
This is a long struggle, and yes honey, there are risks. But that's what I have to face if that's what takes to secure freedom for all. Your mother knew the risks to. But honey if we hide in darkness everytime evil shows it's face how is anyone going to see the light? Understand now" Celia looked at him a long while then a slight smile spread across her face.
"Yeah I guess I do" she replied. "But what about Mom?".. Trevor grinned. "I,ll make it up to her he rebuttled. "A nice Merlo under the grape vineards in the moonlight should do the trick. "OOOO romantic, romantic Celia joked. Trevor nussled her hair. "Now you stay close to the estate, none of your wild escapades" he ordered her. Celia cracked a wide grin and responded with an awkward salute and sauntered off. Trevor looked after her a moment then ordered one of the servants to make plans for a romantic evening with Annabeth to call a truce so to speak.
Outside Celia trekked about the estate, doing various forms of gymanstic manuvers, cartwheels, round offs, basically free form. The cool evening breeze nestled through her hair as the blood red moon cast a mysterious glow on the pounding surfs of the Black Sea. Celia wandered down the cliffs toward the ocean, balancing herself on the rocks as the waves crashed against her feet. Celia was careful to maintain her distance between herself and the sea. Especially this time of night the currents were unpredictable. Celia had noticed a strange light glowing in one area of the caves about 4 miles away from her destination. Curious Celia ran towards the light in the cave. She looked in and was awestruck.
Figures some of greecian mythology, others of folkore were abudantly displayed. All made out some sort of gravel and stone. The details on them were so magnificent Celia gasped in astonishment. Whoever carved these was trully a modern day picasso. Soon someone came out of the darkness with some buckets of slate. He looked like one of those hermits who hang out by sea, only he was a little bit more clean shaven. His glasses seemed a little large for his eyes but Celia disregarded that fact.
He looked like he needed a little haircut as some of the hair was danging about his face. He moved his hair back to see Celia standing there.
"Oh sorry" Celia commented rather embarassed that she had trespassed where she shouldn't have. "I just saw a light down here and.."
The man raised his hand in a slight giggle. "No need to apologize young lady he remarked. They say curiosity killed the cat"" Celia looked him rather awkwardly on the last remark. " Just as well you have come your just in time". "In time?" Celia questioned. "In time for what?". The man
took a breath and sat on the bench near a stand. "In time to preview my master piece."
He cracked a grin as he moved towards the covered scultpure. Celia looked at him questionably. "Who are you?" she questioned. The man looked at her and smiled. "Just some one who has been around" he commented. But you can call me Zeus" Celia grinned. "Zeus"? Like in mythology, the great god?" she rebuked. He looked at her blandly for a moment then dismissed it. "It's alright he replied. "I'm used to it". Celia realized that her coment just a moment was not how she meant to deliver it. "I'm sorry" she admitted. "It's just that" "A little weird I know" he replied. Believe me I have heard it all and seen it all. You are no exeception she remarked. " "Celia shuffled her about" a little uneasy not knowing to make of this person. Still there was something about him that held her facination with him. "So what do you exactally do, especially down here"? Celia questioned. Zeus looked at her commented. "I create things, things of beauty, wonder, mystery" he replied. "Oh are you an artist? Celia questioned. "You, could say that" Zeus slowly remarked. "Although what I create is far beyond art The sea allows me the opportunity to express my self freely". "
Last edited by KNIGHT0107 17 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Doubleb66
Henchman
Henchman

Looking good! VERY nice 1st chapter! I hope you plan on writing more soon. :D
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Indeed nice intro, looking forward to more.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?