Live Verson of the Heir to the Empire Series

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

What should have been the sequal trilogy may fianlly be produced

https://insidethemagic.net/2023/04/disn ... h%20Ahsoka.

But instead of hiring new actors to play Luke, Leia and Han they are going to adapt other characters

Big mistake

Batman, James Bond and other films have changed the actors for sequals or reboots
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I don't care anymore. I'm watching the Ahsoka series cause I'm a longtime fan of hers......... and then I'll probably watch Andor season 2... and if the ENTIRE franchise hasn't SIGNIFICANTLY improved by then, I'm done. Obl-wan, Boba Fett and Mando season 3 were all dogshit! Just insulting turds of content offensively shoveled down my throat they seemed to expect me to be happy to consume... and I LOVE Obi-wan, Mando... Bo Katan... these where characters it would be EASY to get me to enjoy... and they STILL fucked it up!

If Disney doesn't start WRITTING their movies and shows again sometime soon (and the WRITTERS STRIKE isn't gonna help matters!), it's gonna start floundering.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Femina wrote:
10 months ago
I don't care anymore. I'm watching the Ahsoka series cause I'm a longtime fan of hers......... and then I'll probably watch Andor season 2... and if the ENTIRE franchise hasn't SIGNIFICANTLY improved by then, I'm done. Obl-wan, Boba Fett and Mando season 3 were all dogshit! Just insulting turds of content offensively shoveled down my throat they seemed to expect me to be happy to consume... and I LOVE Obi-wan, Mando... Bo Katan... these where characters it would be EASY to get me to enjoy... and they STILL fucked it up!

If Disney doesn't start WRITTING their movies and shows again sometime soon (and the WRITTERS STRIKE isn't gonna help matters!), it's gonna start floundering.
I agree. I'm stepping off the train with Andor season 2. Basically Rogue One and Andor are the only substantial additions since Return of the Jedi. Other than that none of it holds up. Weighed down with fan service and gimmicks. But it was worth the shitstorm to get them.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
10 months ago
Femina wrote:
10 months ago

I agree. I'm stepping off the train with Andor season 2. Basically Rogue One and Andor are the only substantial additions since Return of the Jedi. Other than that none of it holds up. Weighed down with fan service and gimmicks. But it was worth the shitstorm to get them.
I hate Rogue One xD. It took a long time to get me to watch Andor cause he was one of the many characters from Rogue One I didn't give two shits about. Andor as a show is like... a miracle.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
10 months ago
Femina wrote:
10 months ago

-------------------

I will care if we can get Mara Jade
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Femina wrote:
10 months ago
Dogfish wrote:
10 months ago
Femina wrote:
10 months ago

I hate Rogue One xD. It took a long time to get me to watch Andor cause he was one of the many characters from Rogue One I didn't give two shits about. Andor as a show is like... a miracle.
Rogue One is a classic British-style war movie as opposed to a space adventure, so I get why some people didn't take to it. It's dispassionate, understated and the battle scenes emphasize coherence over spectacle. Definitely not for everybody.

The reason I love it, and you hate it, is because it was made exactly for me. It's not trying to have universal appeal, they made a specific movie for a specific audience. In this case me. I don't even know how they did it. Some kind of mind-reading laser I guess.

They did the same with Andor but they had a lot more time to stew the characters, which I think is probably why it has a broader appeal than Rogue One.

We're lucky to have gotten Rogue One and Andor, because typically Disney are not happy to make a movie to appeal greatly to one audience, they want something to appeal a little bit to everybody. It's why all their stuff is so bland and aimed at franchise expansion.

A movie where everybody dies at the end? They can't have been paying attention when they signed that one off.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
10 months ago
Femina wrote:
10 months ago
Dogfish wrote:
10 months ago
Femina wrote:
10 months ago

Rogue One is a classic British-style war movie as opposed to a space adventure, so I get why some people didn't take to it. It's dispassionate, understated and the battle scenes emphasize coherence over spectacle. Definitely not for everybody.
You mean until it goes full Star Wars and basically clicks on Rock and Roll so we can all masturbate over how awesome Darth Vader is as he cuts through the rebels AFTER every character that's meant to matter in the film is dead right? Cause that was pure unadulterated nonsense spectacle RIGHT smackdab at the end of the film. Film should have ended with the explosion overtaking the main characters.... or else everybody needed to survive to BE the rebels that Vader was cutting through on his failed attempt to reclaim the plans. The way it's done is just bad... and it's the CLIMAX and that permeates a lot of the rest of the film even before any of the rest of the films problems even come into play. Beginnings and endings are the two most important moments of your thing. I know there's a bunch of people that love this film JUST for Vader's ridiculously stupid scene... for me it's the scene that cuts the head off the film entirely and proves that it doesn't know what it is.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Femina wrote:
10 months ago
You mean until it goes full Star Wars and basically clicks on Rock and Roll so we can all masturbate over how awesome Darth Vader is as he cuts through the rebels AFTER every character that's meant to matter in the film is dead right? Cause that was pure unadulterated nonsense spectacle RIGHT smackdab at the end of the film. Film should have ended with the explosion overtaking the main characters.... or else everybody needed to survive to BE the rebels that Vader was cutting through on his failed attempt to reclaim the plans. The way it's done is just bad... and it's the CLIMAX and that permeates a lot of the rest of the film even before any of the rest of the films problems even come into play. Beginnings and endings are the two most important moments of your thing. I know there's a bunch of people that love this film JUST for Vader's ridiculously stupid scene... for me it's the scene that cuts the head off the film entirely and proves that it doesn't know what it is.
See I don't mind that bit. It's a tonal shift, it's Darth Vader as a horror movie villain, and it's how the regular schmoes in the Rebel Alliance see him, or not, since it's not like he's out and about all the time. I liked it as a moment to touch base with the Star Wars universe. I dislike that now every cool character seems to be expected to have their own corridor scene (Luke got his in The Mandalorian).
vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

Femina wrote:
10 months ago

I thought Obi-wan did an amazing job of not only explaining how he went from RotS Obi to ANH Obi, it actually made parts of Alec's original performance even better by adding some context around his actions, mannerisms and decisions.