A Heroine's Life

General discussions about superheroines!
DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

Okay. This might sound crazy. But then most of my ideas are kinda out there.

Backstory. I've been reading a lot of fantasy Slice of Life books of late. Kinda opposite of the intense action oriented stuff I write.

Well, I just had an idea for a Slice of Life book, potential series. "A Heroine's Life" following the life in and out of costume of a super heroine. Think instagram model/millionaire by day, ballbusting masked heroine at night. Kim K as a super heroine. Literally not Kim, but kinda sorta like her fortune, fame, and fashion.

I've never written slice of life, though the ongoing series on my Patreon, "Ms Patriot: Dark Crusade" is a slow burn and close to slice of life. Yeah, my reading material may be effecting that storyline. Anyway, it's just an idea (to steal from Beau of the Fifth Column).

What do you think? Good idea? :thumbup: Shut up and go way, dork? :thumbsdown: Problem is I might've already talked myself into doing it. :no:

:ww1:
argento
Overlord
Overlord

That's not crazy. Einstein said, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting to get different results " The joker movie (2019) was successful in providing an origin story for the character. It is interesting to know the origin or life of a superheroine, it can also be an alternate life of some existing superheroine.
shzam
Henchman
Henchman

Would live it, nice chance to get some cool scenes you wouldn't get in a normal heroine peril novel.

Tv interviews for the heroine (talk show, late night, reporter on scene)
Costume repair / change / shopping
Balancing secret identity
Searching themselves on the internet
Struggling not to use powers in every day life
Having conversations with others about there alter ego's (dp they pretend to support their alter ego? Pretend to be against them to throw people off the trail?)
Training / training a sidekick...

Possibilities are endless :)
voyeurn3
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

The scars, bruises she gets,
What excuses does she give to family/friends/ work colleagues? (the heroine also has a life and day job)

Her period every 28 days or so
How does she manage it? What does she do if it happens "on the job"?
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

It's an idea worth pursuing. Probably would make the most sense to do it as an original character, but that's your call.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025