Rugby World Cup

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!

Who wins the cup for you?(in alphabetical order)

Poll ended at 6 months ago

Argentina
No votes
England
No votes
Fiji
14%
France
29%
Ireland
43%
New Zealand
14%
South Africa
No votes
Wales
No votes

Total votes: 7
argento
Overlord
Overlord

Quarter-finals (France 2023)

Saturday 14 October.
Wales vs . Argentina
Ireland vs. New Zealand
Sunday 15 October
England vs. Fiji
France vs. South Africa
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I'm Welsh and whilst I think we will beat the Pumas we won't beat Ireland, though if Ireland do beat the Kiwis we at least stand a chance in the semis as we will do better against Ireland than NZ
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
VegaTaxeca
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

My guess is, wins for NZ, France, England and Wales.
argento
Overlord
Overlord

For me, should Les Bleus triumph over the Springboks, France would be the champion.I have very little, if any, hope that the Pumas will progress to the semi-finals. When facing England, Argentina showed a lack of creativity and only advanced this far due to being placed in an easily-navigable zone.
argento
Overlord
Overlord

Haka of 1973 competes with a haka of 2022

shevek
Producer
Producer

Jeez, I don't know a whole lot about rugby, but is it my imagination or are the Kiwi players twice as big as they were in 1973.
Average 1973 looks like a cast member of Monty Python (were any of them even Maoris at that time?)
but Average 2022 player looks like Jason Momoa! (and they're all Maoris, it looks like)
Are players from other teams also that huge? If not, I don't see how they could beat New Zealand!
VegaTaxeca
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Okay, my first quarter final guess was already wrong.
VegaTaxeca
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

NZ correct, so 1:1 for me now.
argento
Overlord
Overlord

shevek wrote:
6 months ago
Jeez, I don't know a whole lot about rugby, but is it my imagination or are the Kiwi players twice as big as they were in 1973.
Average 1973 looks like a cast member of Monty Python (were any of them even Maoris at that time?)
but Average 2022 player looks like Jason Momoa! (and they're all Maoris, it looks like)
Are players from other teams also that huge? If not, I don't see how they could beat New Zealand!
At present, all the players are of immense size. The Maori team possess remarkable power, weight and agility, although despite this, they occasionally lose matches. Regrettably, we have to play against them this upcoming Friday :weep: . We must also keep in mind that the Tongan team is significantly heavy. Benjamin 'Big Ben' Tameifuna from Tonga is the heaviest member of his team, weighing in at 151 kg.

This was today's Haka New Zealand vs. Ireland

https://www.ole.com.ar/rugby/irlanda-pl ... 4rCbk.html
argento
Overlord
Overlord

VegaTaxeca wrote:
6 months ago
Okay, my first quarter final guess was already wrong.
It is difficult to make a prediction, but it seemed like the Dragons were going to secure the win today. The Pumas encountered difficulty penetrating the red wall and only managed to score a try after battling it out. The outcome was ultimately decided by two lucky plays with little time remaining in the game.