Madame Web (Sony, 2024)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

So, despite the terrible reception The Marvels has gotten, Sony is still going ahead with releasing Madame Web on Feb 14, 2024.
I'm not saying they had a choice, but the irony here is rather interesting.

A film with four female characters in the leads and little significant male character presence. All the characters "connected" by some mysterious force. Sound familiar?

Yellow Flash predicts that Madame Web will do about as well as Morbius, and it could well be the Razzberried/memed movie of 2024, just like
Morbius was two years earlier. A commenter in his video says, "So we got Birds of Prey, Charlie's Angels, Ghostbusters, Ocean's 8 and The Marvels. I'm going to enjoy watching this film perform as well in the box office." [He forgot Dark Fate.] Guess we'll see about that, but it seems likely to tank.

But there's one thing that could save it for all of us Forum types: it's really hard for skintight spider-suits to not be sexy. We are well aware of this from all of the SHIP videos featuring these spider-costumes - you don't even have to see the character's face, it's still hella tight all over the rest of the body. In the very short glimpses we see in the trailer below, all the costumes are extremely tight and shiny.

I would say "Where's Silk?". I mean, she's a much better known character than Mattie Franklin, and she would fulfill a diversity slot and look quite fetching. She has also already fought this film's villain in some of her comics.

But the answer is clear: even though Celeste O'Connor (Mattie) already *has* a franchise (she's Lucky Domingo in Ghostbusters Afterlife), it's more important to give a black non-binary actor another major role and to 'flip' Mattie Franklin than anything else. The agenda always shines through.

But, I'm reserving judgement. Sydney Sweeney, for one, looks very attractive in her Julia Carpenter outfit in the photo I've seen. The Mattie character, too, looks very shapely from the back.

If we have a good amount of solid action from four women in spandex, and maybe even a bit of peril here and there (there's some peril in the trailer already!) it could be conceivably quite a fun outing. The trailer does promise a good deal of action, and the villain Ezekiel is not totally obscure - he's from Spider-Man and Silk comics.

Four hot women in spider-outfits, could it inspire new people into the SHIP zone? let's see what happens!

VegaTaxeca
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Looks like just the film for me. I am definitely looking forward to it. :)
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

If you look at the great action/scifi/shows it can be done without the white cis partiarchy attacks

The Original Charmed it was about the women, but Leo and Cole were not wimps
Buffy but Angel and later Spike and even Giles were not weak characters
spandex4fun
Sargeant
Sargeant

It looks meh, but I’m here for the women in spandex, tho.
Just a man who loves powerful ladies in skintight spandex. Tight is right.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hmh, looks like a nice action flick. I don't know the comics, which seems to be a good thing here?
And it has at least one masked woman in it.... ... and that is Sydney Sweeney!!!
... I will certainly check it out!
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Elimew
Neophyte
Neophyte

I'll definitely say, this movie looks more appealing and interesting to me than The Marvels. I feel it'll do just as well as Sony's other Spider-Man related movies, maybe a bit below average given the landscape, but we'll see. Even if it won't be great at the box office, it does have potential to be a solid and entertaining movie.

Now for the juicy part, the costumes. I was actually surprised when they were shown as I was not expecting this movie to have Spider-Women in it, let alone in costume. And they look pretty good. That was a nice surprise.

Bottom line, I'm definitely interested in this movie.
dajinx1
Producer
Producer

If there is one film I'd take a chance on, it would be this one. I think we might get some sexy heroines and decent looking SHIP content here.
shzam
Henchman
Henchman

Yea the girls are looking good :)

Sydney Sweeney I'm sure is going to sell tickets once she's on a poster with her full costume revealed.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-11-17 162230.png
Screenshot 2023-11-17 162230.png (2.45 MiB) Viewed 4719 times
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

So it's ... four Spider Women :D ? I was hoping since a long time for a movie or tv series about Spider Woman, four in a movie ... it's even better :)
vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

helstar wrote:
5 months ago
So it's ... four Spider Women :D ? I was hoping since a long time for a movie or tv series about Spider Woman, four in a movie ... it's even better :)
I'm glad Roger Corman is alive to see a movie full of spider women get a big budget release.
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

International poster and new still of Dakota Johnson's character.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Absolutely gorgeous. I like how the Chinese brand name *doesn't* cover up any of the important parts of the costume.
Some graphic designer in China had to consciously make that decision, and it was a good one.

Three of these four costumes, at least, are going to be hella tight. Arana's might be, as well, although the jury's out since I'm seeing a bit of Marvel style boob-armour.

This photo got me thinking, since it's obvious that there's a zipper there...

Why hasn't any supervillain with magnetic powers simply unzipped a superheroine's tight costume all the way down the front, embarrassing and exposing her publicly during a fight? I'm sure that's something Adam Warren would have done already, except Empy doesn't have a zipper.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

That doesn't seem awful, superhero Groundhog Day seems like a workable concept.

Happy Death Day was fun, after all.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Lurkndog wrote:
3 months ago
That doesn't seem awful, superhero Groundhog Day seems like a workable concept.

Happy Death Day was fun, after all.
I can see superheroine peril ground hog day being interesting.

At the very least, early on in the experience you get to see them make all sorts of peril~able mistakes that they have to fix in follow up iterations. Much like how many times supergirl was defeated and killed in flash?
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

shevek
Producer
Producer

OK, Isabela Merced is 22, even if she doesn't look like it in that Arana suit.

She's also triple dipping and red hot, because it looks like she will not only also be Hawkgirl in the 2025 Superman Legacy movie,
but also one of the leads in the next film in the Alien franchise: Alien Romulus, to be released in August 2024.

As you can see, she seems rather petite in stature and not of superheroic proportions.

But other than that, I have no complaints. The suits are exquisitely designed and hella tight. That photo is chef's kiss, goddamn.
Ricky89
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Sydney Sweeney :love: :love:
shevek
Producer
Producer

Ricky89 wrote:
3 months ago
Sydney Sweeney :love: :love:
No argument there, but it looks like this movie is dead on arrival and will be immediately forgotten by everyone except us.
Currently tracking to open worse than even Morbius.

We'll just have to enjoy it for what it is, because it looks like almost nobody else will. Even Dakota Johnson doesn't know if it will be any good, and you can't fault her, she's just being honest.

https://www.cbr.com/madame-web-box-offi ... e-morbius/

https://www.avclub.com/dakota-johnson-m ... 1851183751

Logically, there's no way they should have done this movie at this particular time.

If Sonyy wanted to produce a female-led Spider-Flick, they should have simply led off with a Spider-Woman movie.
It's not rocket science: find a gorgeous brunette, slip her into that classic red and yellow outfit, tell Jessica Drew's origin and have her fight some credible villains, show her off in the costume in about half of the footage with some worthwhile action sequences and peril situations. It writes itself, and is cheaper than cramming four actresses portraying completely unknown characters into the same space.

But we'll take what we can get, even if we're the only ones who really seem to want it.
HeroineTard
Sargeant
Sargeant

This is Sony we're talking about.

You realize that you'll only get to see them in costume for maybe 5 minutes of screen time at the very end of the movie and in the dark.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Alas, the film looks quite terrible from the low budget nature of the trailers. It could always be surprising good (Afterall plenty of films with fantastic trailers have been crap) but I catch the scent of shit on this one... the same sort of desperate zeal to hold on to the Spider-man license as the Venom films, Morbius, and the upcoming Kraven film. Madam Web will be the same general level of 'afterthought' quality that exists entirely so that Sony doesn't lose the Spider-man license because even splitting the profits with Disney, the Spider-man films make them ten times the revenue that they lose making these junk films. Despite its meager earnings, Morbius didn't actually 'flop' or 'fail' because it did the thing it was REALLY made to do... extend their ownership of the Spider-man license.

In that sense Madam Web is ALREADY a shining victory for Sony.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

HeroineTard wrote:
3 months ago

You realize that you'll only get to see them in costume for maybe 5 minutes of screen time at the very end of the movie and in the dark.
Yup. And probably no gratuitous fan service shots. Not like Ghost in the Shell.

Just like the Monsterverse series where its 95% gabbing and a few monster scenes.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
3 months ago
HeroineTard wrote:
3 months ago

Just like the Monsterverse series where its 95% gabbing and a few monster scenes.
Isn't Monsterverse Universal? Or is that shorthand for 'spidey villains' verse?
shevek
Producer
Producer

Femina wrote:
3 months ago
Mr. X wrote:
3 months ago
HeroineTard wrote:
3 months ago

Isn't Monsterverse Universal? Or is that shorthand for 'spidey villains' verse?
No, Mr. X is talking about the recent TV series with the rather clunky title "Monarch: Legacy of Monsters."
I actually thought it was pretty good. It's not supposed to be primarily about the Monsters but rather about the organization that chases them.
I was going to post a thread about it but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

And the lead actress Anna Sawai is insanely beautiful, literally a 10/10. There's just one peril scene in the series for her, but it's a really good one
and she looks perfect in it. Sawai is going to be a major star once the Shogun reboot series comes out - she's the lead in that, as well. She could easily play a sexy superheroine - I'd love for her to be the new Psylocke, for example.

Anyway, as far as Sony goes, we'll see how many minutes of spandex the movie turns out to give us. We get what we get, and we don't get upset.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

ooooooooooooh... yeah I thought it was 'okay' as well until they went back to the stupid Godzilla v Kong hollow earth crap........... the further that universe pulls away from Godzilla V Kong the better... what a fucking retarded film.... the lack of monsters in it that often though is no doubt simply a budgetary concern. Godzilla battles are an enormous cg commitment that a TV show just can't shoulder as a norm no matter how much we might wish.... shoving someone into a sexy costume in a superhero film or show is leagues easier on that score and thus less excusable to omit.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Femina wrote:
3 months ago
ooooooooooooh... yeah I thought it was 'okay' as well until they went back to the stupid Godzilla v Kong hollow earth crap........... the further that universe pulls away from Godzilla V Kong the better... what a fucking retarded film.... the lack of monsters in it that often though is no doubt simply a budgetary concern. Godzilla battles are an enormous cg commitment that a TV show just can't shoulder as a norm no matter how much we might wish.... shoving someone into a sexy costume in a superhero film or show is leagues easier on that score and thus less excusable to omit.
That's why we love you, Femina! :)

Sorry, we're getting off track of the Madame Web topic, but...

I didn't have a problem with "Monarch: Legacy". I knew it was going to be about the people, and I thought that there was *enough* monster action overall, about 6 or 7 scenes in the series. Mainly, I just couldn't look away from the screen when Anna Sawai was on - she is so gorgeous.

As far as G vs K, I didn't see it, but I should point out that, quiet as kept, Godzilla et al is the longest running successful movie franchise in history,
and (not that I have any remote stake in it), the head of Legendary Pictures (billionaire Thomas Tull) lives in Pittsburgh. G vs K itself made quite a lot of money, so obviously they are going to continue in that vein with G X K 2, where they team up to fight an unknown threat, probably another Titan or two. As for the Hollow Earth, I think it's as good as any other explanation as to why monsters appear and disappear. It's a cool throwback to the concepts of Jules Verne and HG Wells, and reminds also of the Iron Sky series, where the Nazis come riding out of the Hollow Earth on the backs of dinosaurs. It's fun to keep Industrial Age and Atomic Age tropes alive in the postmodern era, don't you think?
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah I dun wanna drag us TO far off topic. Needless to say... I thought the way GvK utilized its er... physics... let's say... or let's say LACK of physics was indicative of the quality on the script level as well. For most of Monarch it felt more alligned with the 2015 Godzilla film and that's the best of the current films as of now. (Admittedly it did the hollow earth stuff less blatantly stupid than GvK did)

Anyway, I suppose we can hope that Madam Web has its ladies in their costumes more than the trailer suggests. They all look like some pretty upper middle, to lower high quality costumes while still being pretty darned sexy.... so I'll cross my fingers even if I have little faith in Sony.
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Teaser for Sydney Sweeney's character.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

If Marvel can't even make movies for the main characters why would D Listers bring people into the theater.

Again its like going to Dollar General to buy an Ironman toy and all you get is Metal Man.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 months ago
If Marvel can't even make movies for the main characters why would D Listers bring people into the theater.

Again its like going to Dollar General to buy an Ironman toy and all you get is Metal Man.
Guardians of the Galaxy

If you have a decent script and actors then you don't need the A Listers. WB screwed better characters and Marvel has had worse sequels after doing well on the first film with characters like Thor. The problem is there are a glut of bad movies out there because the studios think they can put anything out there and get money.
Last edited by Visitor 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I wonder how well GoG would have done if not tied to a storyline like the Infinity Stones. Was part of the success due to momentum. Capt Marvel did well but I think a lot of people believe it did so wedged between IW and EG. As a stand along it would not given the Marvels was a flop. Same with the Eternals. A bunch of characters nobody knew or cared about.

I would add Green Lantern on the DC side. To a non-fan they had no idea who that bird guy was or Killawog etc.

We know the base characters work for the most part.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Missed opportunity on the fourth-wave feminist SNL to encase Dakota Johnson in a tight spandex costume (Madame Web was only mentioned once in the monologue, then during the show, there was nothing at all about superheroes). But then, I'm not surprised. She stars in a skit called "Horny Little Dork", which feels like it was written by the same writers who produced the $25 million She-Hulk travesty - themes of men being humiliated as "simps" and literally treated as incels by their hot wives (hot at all sizes, really). The skit outright rejects the old-as-time normal behavior of having sex with your husband. I'm not kidding.

The closest we get is when she is in this tight dress during the studio tour preview skit.

jlocke
Sargeant
Sargeant

It's so weird how many Women's Studies Majors there are on this forum. I've been a feminist since the 8th grade and I've never heard of most of this crap. 4th wave? So strange.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 months ago

You say that but Iron Man was not an A-lister. Captain America maybe but not on screen. Spider-Man absolutely. First time out Hulk bombed. But Iron-Man and Thor who would go onto being lead characters in the MCU were bums.

The MCU made stars out of its first phase characters.

The first few MCU movies weren't even really a big deal, it was The Avengers that showed the chemistry Marvel had been working on.
vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

shevek wrote:
2 months ago
Missed opportunity on the fourth-wave feminist SNL to encase Dakota Johnson in a tight spandex costume (Madame Web was only mentioned once in the monologue, then during the show, there was nothing at all about superheroes). But then, I'm not surprised. She stars in a skit called "Horny Little Dork", which feels like it was written by the same writers who produced the $25 million She-Hulk travesty - themes of men being humiliated as "simps" and literally treated as incels by their hot wives (hot at all sizes, really). The skit outright rejects the old-as-time normal behavior of having sex with your husband. I'm not kidding.

The closest we get is when she is in this tight dress during the studio tour preview skit.

Sorry, just watched the horny little dork skit and laughed my ass off because it was spot on in our household. I am a horny little dork! :lol: :evil: :geek:
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
2 months ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 months ago

You say that but Iron Man was not an A-lister. Captain America maybe but not on screen. Spider-Man absolutely. First time out Hulk bombed. But Iron-Man and Thor who would go onto being lead characters in the MCU were bums.

The first few MCU movies weren't even really a big deal, it was The Avengers that showed the chemistry Marvel had been working on.
I would say Ironman was an A Lister. Most Marvel characters are not as well known as DC characters.
But Ironman started the whole MCU so not sure if that can be counted.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 months ago
Dogfish wrote:
2 months ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 months ago

I would say Ironman was an A Lister. Most Marvel characters are not as well known as DC characters.
Was Ironman an A-Lister? I read his stories I think in the back of either Transformers or The Punisher back when I was a kid. I did read them though, so that must have been something.

He's no Spider-Man though. He's not even a Wolverine or a Professor X.

Honestly, if you look at it objectively, it is wild how Marvel's cultural capital has exploded since the MCU, because you're right, DC was holding all the cards with their heroes.

There's an alternate universe where Disney buys DC and we've got like 10-12 really solid DC movies and maybe 3-4 absolute bangers. And to be honest that'd probably be a better world. The Superman movie as good as Winter Soldier, the Justice League movie as good as Endgame or Avengers Assemble, those would be ludicrously good movies.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Dogfish wrote:
2 months ago
Was Ironman an A-Lister? I read his stories I think in the back of either Transformers or The Punisher back when I was a kid. I did read them though, so that must have been something.
By the time Marvel sold off rights to studios for movies, Spider-Man, X-MEn, and Fantastic Four had pulled ahead. Thor and Iron Man were older and more popular a generation earlier.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 months ago
Dogfish wrote:
2 months ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 months ago

He wasn't. The Incredible Hulk was their first attempt and it didn't succeed wildly. Marvel had this crazy dream right around that time and came to the startling realization that they'd sold off the rights to all their most popular guaranteed names. Spider-man was their Batman, the guy everyone would go see a movie about no matter what... but he wasn't theirs. The X-Men still had brand recognition and could have got buts in seats... but he wasn't theirs............................. I honestly expect that if they'd wanted the Fantastic Four they could have bought the rights back reasonably cheap after the original F4 film debacles but who would go see them?

What they did have was a solid roster of B-list 'stars' from the Avenger series that, while less popular, were still a big deal in their canon. Iron Man was nothing before his film. #15 best selling comic of the month at best. The MCU MADE Iron Man, it Made Thor, it Made Black Widow, the Hulk was still moderately popular so I wouldn't say the MCU Made him, but it certainly propped him up. Only Captain America was anywhere close to the A-list of Marvel's characters at the time. It's easy to look back at these things from now and think 'bah all these new B-stringers are lame, we only care about the A-listers!!!!!' but that's recency bias and nostalgia. Marvel's already made gold out of their second stringers before, which is why they think they can do it again.....

The reason it's harder now than they probably expected is because even though those characters were their B-listers to the uninitiated.......... to anyone who just likes movies and never read a comic, read: most people, knew no more about Spider-man than they did Iron Man. So Marvel's first wave of MCU films were, essentially, mythology building as original content and world building to the vast majority of its building audience....... and success for those films was measured on a less obnoxiously massive scale as well. They cost less to make, and required less to be a success.... like all things in American Corporate Capitalism culture however, no one's happy making steady stable profit, they want MORE profit next time until there's nothing left to make and the inevitable cost cutting to artificially inflate profits begins.

Sony's issue right now is that all of their b-listers are mainly Spideys VILLIANS (and while Spidey's popularity can be compared to Batman his Rogues Gallery is NOWHERE near Batman's Rogues Gallery in popularity. I give them kudos for finally trying to branch into Spideys b-list of HEROES........... like...... way late Sony but finally getting there...... but seriously. Where's the like... Black Cat film? Why did they try MORBIUS before a Black Cat film? Sony doesn't know wtf they're doing or who of their characters are popular or why. They just want the MCU bucks.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Femina wrote:
2 months ago
Where's the like... Black Cat film? Why did they try MORBIUS before a Black Cat film? Sony doesn't know wtf they're doing or who of their characters are popular or why. They just want the MCU bucks.
There was going to be a Black Cat and Silver Sable film. But it was scrapped. The director wound up doing an original superhero film called The Old Guard (characters created by Greg Rucka of comic book fame), which hardly made a ripple.

So...I have never seen Sydney Sweeney in a movie before, so I figured I would check out a film that would show both her acting and her sexy body to full effect. That movie is Dead Ant (2017), an indie horror flick which also starred Tom Arnold. In it, Sweeney plays a music festival attendee and band groupie who is basically in a bikini and shorts for most of her role.

Conclusion: she looks great, and should be visually exciting in the Julia Carpenter role even if Madame Web turns out to be a dud.

sydney sweeney in dead ant.jpg
sydney sweeney in dead ant.jpg (193.35 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
VegaTaxeca
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Nice picture. :)

Who is the actress next to her? Sweeney looks very beautiful, but the other woman is even hotter.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The Hulk was popular because of the TV series with Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno. But that was less about the comic book history and more a remake of the successful The Fugitive which had the highest rated final episode of the time. Being the Hulk was just a way to resolve loot points and gave us the memorable line, "Don't make me angry. You won't like it when I'm angry."
shevek
Producer
Producer

VegaTaxeca wrote:
2 months ago

Who is the actress next to her? Sweeney looks very beautiful, but the other woman is even hotter.
That actress (who plays Sydney Sweeney's concert-going friend) went under the name "Joi Liaye" until the TV series "Sistas" in 2022 when she started going under "Joi Symone". Easier to pronounce and spell, I'm sure.

And yes, she is smoking. This is what Liaye looked like in 2016.
joi liaye.jpg
joi liaye.jpg (140.07 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
I don't know what her more recent photos look like, but she seems to have been "typecast" for the past few years in black dramedies, most recently "Sistas", "Dear White People", and "The Neighborhood". I guess there's a niche market for that stuff.

But imagine if this actress encased her ripped sexy body into a tight costume as, say, Monica Rambeau or Storm.
Definitely superheroine material if someone cast her correctly!
VegaTaxeca
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

shevek wrote:
2 months ago
VegaTaxeca wrote:
2 months ago

That actress (who plays Sydney Sweeney's concert-going friend) went under the name "Joi Liaye" until the TV series "Sistas" in 2022 when she started going under "Joi Symone". Easier to pronounce and spell, I'm sure.

And yes, she is smoking. This is what Liaye looked like in 2016.

joi liaye.jpg

I don't know what her more recent photos look like, but she seems to have been "typecast" for the past few years in black dramedies, most recently "Sistas", "Dear White People", and "The Neighborhood". I guess there's a niche market for that stuff.

But imagine if this actress encased her ripped sexy body into a tight costume as, say, Monica Rambeau or Storm.
Definitely superheroine material if someone cast her correctly!
Thank you for the background information (and the picture :w00t: ).
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

For those who haven't seen it so far... check out "The Voyeurs" with Sydney Sweeney.
Her majestic twins get exposed there in a very erotic scene ;-)
#naughtyphotographerispersuasive

Also... you need to watch season 1 of "The White Lotus" a great satirical TV show in which I first saw her.
-
Will watch this movie next week in the cinema.

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
shevek
Producer
Producer

Maskripper wrote:
2 months ago
For those who haven't seen it so far... check out "The Voyeurs" with Sydney Sweeney.
She is born to sport the spandex.
sydney sweeney in voyeurs.jpg
sydney sweeney in voyeurs.jpg (55.97 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
Maskripper, did you do a blog post about this scene? There would seem to be enough material,
including an over the shoulder carry, one of the grails of SHIP.
sydney sweeney in voyeurs masked bandit costume.jpg
sydney sweeney in voyeurs masked bandit costume.jpg (24.21 KiB) Viewed 2080 times
Watched the whole movie, thanks for the recommendation Maskripper.
I won't post a photo of the "twins", but rest assured, if you see "The Voyeurs", you'll know what it looks like to have sex with Spider-Woman.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
2 months ago
Maskripper, did you do a blog post about this scene? There would seem to be enough material,
Actually not... maybe because of that gruesome wig (helmet cut) or I was so distracted by the "other" scene.
But have to recheck it... haven't a big stack to post now... so it might become an option.
Thanks for the reminder!
-
Oh, I finally made a quick post about this one on my blog:
https://maskripper.org/madame-web-movie ... ey-sweeney

Will post a review next week.
-

shevek
Producer
Producer

Maskripper wrote:
2 months ago
shevek wrote:
2 months ago
Actually not... maybe because of that gruesome wig (helmet cut) or I was so distracted by the "other" scene.
But have to recheck it... haven't a big stack to post now... so it might become an option.
Thanks for the reminder!
-
Oh, I finally made a quick post about this one on my blog:
https://maskripper.org/madame-web-movie ... ey-sweeney

Will post a review next week.
-
Nice blog post - looking forward to everyone's reviews!

Yes, the wig is weird, but the burglar costume is clingy, she's wearing tights, and she looks like a cross between Hit Girl and Bandette.
Hope you make a blog entry about that, too!
shevek
Producer
Producer

MADAME WEB movie update:

Twitter went nuts today over Sydney Sweeney in that dress. She has more or less a perfect body.
The other three looked great, too, with the real surprise being Celeste O'Connor.

Can't say they didn't promote the movie the way it should be promoted.
Although they certainly went with representation, they also went with extremely fit.
Pretty sure sex appeal still works in 2024.

If this movie can't at least double its modest budget based on that alone, I'd be surprised.
It's out tomorrow, but these are out right now.

http://www.celebfanforum.com/showthread ... 4-*updated*
445735921_445734459_sydney-17.jpg
445735921_445734459_sydney-17.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 1616 times