Power Play (a WW Story)

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
GothamPD
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I. THE PROPOSAL

Somewhere in the Middle East, ia short time ago . .. . Sheikhs in keffiyehs sit around a large conference room, lamenting the future of their oil supplies and market value of same. An advisor in a sharp suit is presenting to the assembly. “No matter how carefully we adjust our supply, our leverage is slipping from our grasp. Market demand is tumbling. We cannot expect continued consumption by the West as everyone goes electric. “ Graphs show demand falling off a cliff over the next decade. “Whatever we think of our prospects today, the future is bleak. We’ve been looking for an answer, in vain. But today we have a visitor who claims the can blaze a new path forward “ “Who is our savior, sent to deliver us?,” is asked to laughter.

In walks a narrow, distinguished, elder figure, wearing a white lab coat and carrying projector and briefcase. The new entrant is the portrait of a wisened professor — one whose impeccable manners are accompanied by an air of condescension. He answers the question posed, “My name is Arthur Chapman, but you can call me ‘the Professor.’ My doctorate is in physics, my specialty is in lasers, and my focus today is on helping you mine a resource that is beyond your wildest imaginings.” “Chapman? Are we really so desperate? This man is a failed, discredited crank. We seek real solutions to our problems, Professor, not a madman’s ravings.” More laughter. “Indeed, I’m here because I’ve found your solution,” Chapman responds as he turns on his projector. “Gentlemen: What if I showed you how to beat the United States at its own game, how to develop electric cars that need never recharge.” “This is a fantasy,” someone interjects. Chapman retorts: “No, it is wondrous, no doubt, but it is not fantasy.'" An image of Wonder Woman, hands on hips, goes up on the projector screen. “I can deliver you a power source like no other — bottomless in its reserves and celestial in its dimensions. Unlike anything else on our planet, her power is perpetual, eternal, undimmed The United States claims Wonder Woman as its own but it has yet to begin tapping all that she offers. With my assistance, you can claim as your own what is hiding in plain sight. And by channeling what she exudes, you can build an electric fleet that will be the envy of all the world.”

The skeptical listener interjects. “This is worse than fantasy., Professor It is playing with fire — worse even than building volcanos. Have you learned nothing from your misadventures?” “To the contrary, I have learned everything,” answers Chapman. “The failures then were failures of will, not of science. AndI I beheld Wonder Woman absorbing and emitting power in ways that I’d never before thought possible. Be assured that I’ve learned, and what I’ve learned I can teach you. To deliver, all I’d need is a small squadron of your trusted elite and some relatively modest investments -- not much beyond 9 digits -- towards acquiring and exploiting this singular power source. Now, if you’ll kindly hold any further questions until the end, I can explain the particulars.” Attention around the room is now rapt and faces are serious as Chapman continues . . . .

II. THE CONFERENCE

At the US Convention for Electric Cars in Las Vegas, Nevada, the Professor converses discreetly with his delegation’s security head, Farouk, a sinister-looking figure who bristles with menace and ill intent. Farouk has the sleek, hardened physique of elite military and the eyes of a killer — one who enjoys his work. Chapman asks him in confidential tones: “Is our patsy set to be let loose.” Farouk: “Yes, he knows what we want him to know and only that — just enough to play his part, unwittingly. All else is ready.” “Good, and take care not to underestimate our target,” says Chapman. “She’s more formidable and resourceful than you can possibly imagine.” Farouk smiles: “You’ve given us all we need. She has strength, I know, but she’s just a woman, after all, and she will fall to my men. Your job will be to suck her dry. Once you’ve finished, however, we’ll know how to make her wet.” Farouk grins an evil grin. The Professor finds that distasteful and out of place: “Focus on the task at hand and never boast of future exploits, especially not in this instance. Many have tried and failed at what we’ll be attempting. Take great care.”

A sign hanging over the main room announces Wonder Woman as the conference’s keynote speaker at the Vegas convention trumpeting the bright future of electric cars. She is finishing her address and extolling the promise of electric cars and their environmental virtues. “My upbringing instilled in me the utmost reverence for all the natural blessings we have from Mother Gaea. So I couldn’t be prouder t to support this industry and all the promise it holds for the environment in our country and abroad. Indeed, I myself am working with NASA to minimize my fleet’s carbon footprint, most recently by retrofitting the invisible jet.” The entire crowd is riveted by her — more so by her appearance than by her words. No one can help but marvel at her red, white and blue costume, embellished with gold, and at the ravishing physique it reveals. Her beauty is mesmerizing and jaw-dropping for men and women alike; it leaves the assembly under her spell and hanging on her every word and gesture.

Afterwards, three nerdy, bookish, high-school seniors from her local fan club come fawning and presenting her with flowers, the Nevada state flag, a pin, and a replica of her belt for her to sign as a memento. They introduce themselves as Bobby, Lucy, and Raul, say they idolized her growing up and remain her biggest fans; they plan to become engineers and hope to help combat global warming, and have formed their own local club, They’ve been eagerly awaiting her speech and doing heir best to recreate the belt. “We know you can’t part with yours, so we came up with the next best thing. Nobody else can have yours and nobody else can have ours with your autograph!” She beams, gets their names, and gladly autographs the belt. “Electric vehicles fill me with hope for our future, but meeting such promising young students from your generation fills me with that much more!” They’re awed by their idol. But their conversation is interrupted by a loud commotion outside, which Wonder Woman runs to investigate.

Outside, Wonder Woman comes to the rescue of a sharply-dressed, older man who’s being strong-armed into a black SUV. She hurls his attackers this way and that, then easily deflects fire from a machine gun firing out of the SUV. When the gunner turns his sights on the would-be kidnappee, Wonder Woman leaps in front of him to defect bullets meant for the target. The failed attackers take the opening to scramble inside and the SUV peels away before Wonder Woman can catch its occupants.

With the attempt failed and the SUV disappearing, Wonder Woman turns to the victim and asks why they’re after him, but he refuses to answer. So she uses the lasso on him and asks: “What are you doing here?” He answers: “My colleagues sent me to the conference to observe and report on the latest developments with electric cars.” Wonder Woman then asks: "Who is after you." He answers: “My employers.” Wonder Woman: “Why?” The man: “Last night, I stumbled upon a slide presentation outlining an illicit plan for us to steal an invaluable resource from American soil in order to power a new line of electric cars. It wasn’t meant tor my eyes and our head of security asked me to return home immediately, knowing I’d never take part in this. I now see he wasn’t merely asking.” “What resource are they after?,” asks Wonder Woman. “I’m in the dark on specifics,” he answers. She asks: “Where could they be taking it?” The man: “To a factory they’ve built in the dessert, on Canyon Drive” “How can I get in?,” she asks. “It’s a fortress,’ he tells her. “It has layers upon layers of securities and alarms. The only vulnerability is the skylight,” he concludes.

Having extracted all the information she can, Wonder Woman thanks him: “You’ve been very helpful. These officers will keep your safe.” Wonder Woman tells she police that the whistleblower needs protection, not interrogation, as he’s shared all he knows; she leaves him under their guard. The three students have overheard all this and say they know where the facility is and offer to show Wonder Woman the way on their bicycles.

Wonder Woman spins and, in a dazzling flash, changes into her skin-tight blue bodysuit, then gets on her motorcycle. Her every curve is plainly visible to Bobby, Lucy, and Raul as they ride alongside and the trio can’t help but steal glances at her. They’ve never seen such a sight up close dnd her actual appearance far surpasses what they’ve seen in wall posters and news coverage.

Once they arrive at the facility, Wonder Woman instructs her young, timid companions to go home and take her presents with them for safekeeping, saying “I’ve arranged a night-time tour of the facility and it’s limited to one person.” The seniors ask whether they can provide back-up for Wonder Woman in case there’s danger. She laughs and says, “If these men truly are breaking our laws and stealing our secrets, they’re the ones who have everything to fear: They’ll face the wrath of not only the United States but an avenging Amazon. Please trust that I’ve nothing to fear from them. They’ll soon be answering to the police and affording proof of what you already know: Crime never pays.” They nod their heads in unison and all promise to do as she says. When she departs, however, they hide to watch from cover as she spins into her traditional costume in a dazzling flash of light. She looks spectacular as she stealthily approaches the facility with speed, beauty and grace.
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

Please continue excellent set up!!!
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Intriguing opening chapter. Looking forward to where you take this.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
GothamPD
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

III. THE SKYLIGHT

Wonder Woman makes an acrobatic ascent to the roof, which she then expertly traverses while remaining out of sight of security cameras. Then she peers through the skylight, spying below her a strange, intricate apparatus and workers operating around it. Making sure she remains unseen, she calls upon her superhuman strength to pry open the skylight when suddenly — a MASSIVE electric surge throws off voltage that lights up the night, courses through her body and leaves her aglow; an overwhelming surge of electricity pulses through her, sending her body into waves of convulsions. When the electric current finally and mercifully subsides, she slumps into unconsciousness, with smoke coming off her as well as her costume, which has become torn and frayed in places. She lies prone and motionless on her stomach, with her sumptuous rear facing up.

Soldiers in tactical gear quickly pile up ladders and onto the roof to claim Wonder Woman as their captive. Farouk is the first to reach her and tells his men that he wants to make sure she’s fully intact. He leers at he and stoops down to paw her rear, As his hand cups her glute, however, she somehow rallies. She presses her hands behind her head to spring upwards, back into action, and with one fluid motion delivers a perfect uppercut that launches Farouk into the night air. She admonishes him, “Mind your manners and your hands, Mister.” From there, she hurls one soldier into a pack and then sends one after another sprawling in a fierce melee until more than a dozen of them lie in a heap around her and the remainder take pause.

A fresh wave of attackers approach and encircle her, all wielding electric prods. Professor Chapman, wearing a white lab-coat, steps in front of the pack to say hello. “We meet again, Princess. You may find the present circumstances less felicitous than last time. Among other things, my technology has evolved. The shock you just weathered would’ve lit up the Eastern Seaboard and the devices these men wield would overwhelm elephants. Won’t you kindly surrender without forcing us to resort to further unpleasantness?” She rejoins: “You’re no more persuasive than last time, Professor, nor will you be any more successful. Be ready for me to dish out more unpleasantness than any you’ve seen yet.” Chapman sighs regretfully and remarks, “So be it. Remember that we want her depleted but not destroyed.”

She dodges attack after attack until one gets through and the prod shocks her, leaving her rattled and wobbly. She downs that attacker with a punch to the face and leaves him unconscious, evades the next, and hurls two more soldiers backwards with mighty thrusts of each arm. But then a series of prods get through and she is repeatedly shocked, jerking violently each time and getting increasingly dizzied, with her face looking more and more disoriented and her eyes widening in shock. Now she is totally encircled and suffering jolts from all sides until . . . finally she can take no more and slumps to the floor again, outstretched on her stomach, now totally out, with her costume in even worse tatters and smoldering. Chapman quips: “We can call that a shocking defeat, if ever there was one.” He laughs at his own joke.

Farouk comes up to Wonder Woman nursing his jaw and begins zapping her gratuitously with his prod even after she’s clearly down for the count, sending her body into spasms, with her beautiful ass lifting upwards suggestively each time. The Professor pulls back Farouk’s arm. “Enough. We seek her power, not her corpse. Make sure she hasn’t shuffled off this mortal coil, yet.” One of the soldiers bends down and reports detecting a faint pulse. Chapman nods approvingly and tells Farouk, “Excellent. We’ll proceed as planned. Make sure that she’s hooked up and under our control before she can recover.” Now Wonder Woman is roughly dragged away by men who seize the opportunity to grope her.as they go One henchmen says to the other, “This one fights like a lioness,” gesturing to the other’s bloody face. That henchmen responds, “I look forward to seeing her de-clawed and hearing her purr.” They laugh.

The students have been watching the entire scene unfold and can’t believe what they’ve just witnessed. They’re distraught and desperate to help their fallen heroine but know they can’t possibly succeed where Wonder Woman has failed. Bobby asks if they should call the police. Raul says the police would never believe what they’ve just seen and that there’s no signal and no time. “Wonder Woman’s in trouble and needs our help.” They sneak across the roof while the squad is occupied cleaning up and celebrating victory.
GothamPD
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

IV. THE CONTRAPTION

Wonder Woman awakens strapped into fearsome technology, held upright but helpless in heavy, metallic, state-of-the-art restraints that bind her arms at the wrists and her legs at the ankles. Surrounding gadgetry is strapped around her head and limbs. She is conscious but weakened, groggy, and struggling to get her bearings. A laser is zapping her to stimulate her powers while she’s restrained by the apparatus, which is simultaneously sapping her of all power and siphoning it into a master repository. The combination is leaving her sweating, moaning, fading; more and more of her iconic costume is getting shredded as her very life force drains away. The three seniors are watching this all unfold while hiding under a nearby table, able to see out but obscured so that Wonder Woman’s tormentors don’t detect them.

The Professor is administering the dastardly experiments, with Farouk standing beside him. He pauses for a moment to explain how it all works: “Welcome back, my dear. Maybe now we can enjoy some civil conversation. Truly, it’s a delight to be meeting again, at least for one of us. I confess that I was disappointed by your clumsy, naive effort to enter through the skylight. On the other hand., I was mightily impressed and encouraged by your ability to withstand voltage that would have decimated any organism that has ever walked Planet Earth. That bodes well for how much you can take, and, in turn, give. You see, your god-given powers are simultaneously being supercharged and drained away to nothing. This will, I’m afraid, be quite an ordeal for you. The good news is that you’ll be serving a much greater good — spawning electric vehicles that can drive forever without needing to recharge, soon to be available exclusively from OPEC suppliers. Having heard your stirring keynote speech, I know you’ll appreciate just how worthy a cause this is — one that you’ll now be contributing to generously, until you have nothing left to donate. Alas, we can’t make our best omelette without breaking a magnificent egg, although I wish it were otherwise.”

Despite being severely weakened, Wonder Woman is defiant. She strains against her restraints with everything she has left, but it’s in vain. Chapman responds with a patronizing grin and says: “By all means, please summon every ounce of your power. We’ll welcome it all into our repository., but it will avail you nothing.” Wonder Woman abandons her futile struggles and looks straight at Chapman as she addresses him with disdain. “I’m no scientist, Professor, but I well understand what you’re saying. Your breakthrough will be founded on treachery and dirty tricks. Yours isn’t the hard work or ingenuity of a world-class engineer. This is theft, treason, and betrayal of your country, plain and simple. Arthur Chapman will go down in history as a third-rate scientist who pursued his supposedly lofty goals through criminality and short-cuts.”

Her condemnation incenses him, and he rashly dials the machine up to maximal, dangerous levels, departing from the gradual course he’d planned. The results are dramatic and, indeed, worrisomely extreme. Farouk nonetheless is delighted to observe what’s unfolding. Wonder Woman is lit up, convulsing, gasping, paling, and finally emitting a sickening wail before passing out, with her costume now mostly disintegrated, her head lolling forward, and drool dribbling from her mouth. By the time the cycle completes, she is ashen-faced, utterly depleted, and quivering from aftershocks. Precious little remains of her costume, which just barely manages to cover her private parts while leaving almost all of her awe-inspiring body exposed. The trio is traumatized and aghast as they now see what’s befallen their idol. For all her divine design, Wonder Woman is not built to withstand this treatment; the Greek gods who bestowed her powers never envisioned them being amplified only to be simultaneously vacuumed away. The Professor exults at the resulting energy stockpile that has registered and announces that Wonder Woman will now need time to recuperate before the next round, which should burnish their already ample energy stash. He admires the results of his work while Farouk gazes lasciviously at the ever-expanding sights on display.

Before leaving, however, Chapman slaps Wonder Woman’s cheeks vigorously and repeatedly until she returns to semi-consciousness. He then tilts Wonder Woman’s chin upwards and addresses her cruelly: “Your insolence will not serve you well here, Amazon. I’ll let you rest; after all, you should replenish yourself. But I will then drain you and drain you again, until your divine sponsorship has been utterly exhausted and claimed by us. All that will remain of you is a beautiful yet vacant husk. Such is my talent, and you ought to respect it.” With that, all Wonder Woman can do is look away groggily, with a mixture of shame and dread. Her defeat at Chapman’s hands is complete and any hope for her has vanished The men exit triumphantly to inspect their power cache. The room goes dark and quiet. A despairing, depleted Wonder Woman resignedly slumps back into unconsciousness.

Then the three seniors sneak across the room, undetected, and they tiptoe over to Wonder Woman’s suspended, comatose form with deep concern on their faces. They can’t bare to see Wonder Woman in her present state, so Lucy wipes the drool off Wonder Woman’s face and tries to mop the sweat off her forehead. They gently coax her back to consciousness with their whispers and tender touches. “Wonder Woman, it’s us.” Wonder Woman lifts her head as best she can and summons her remaining strength to warn them away weakly: “You can’t … be here. Go home. Get to safety. These men … trained military … so dangerous, brutal. I … am not myself just now. Can’t protect yooouuu . . .,” she rasps apologetically as her voice trails off. But she sees their presents in hand and just barely nods her head at them. Bobby holds up the flowers. Wonder Woman smiles faintly. “Not those. But maybe I can trade belts with you temporarily ….. ”
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

Can't wait for the next part!!! :)
GothamPD
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

V. THE ESCAPE

The Professor returns with Farouk while the trio slips away and takes cover again under the table. Chapman addresses Wonder Woman, whose eyes are open, albeit glazed: “Well, I see you’ve regained your wits and hopefully your powers. Perhaps we’ve managed to dull your sharp tongue. In any event, you now have concerns far more pressing than grading my merits as a scientist.” As Chapman throws various levers, the machine resumes its terrible cycle and Wonder Woman is again lit up and drained, but this time she falls deathly quiet and motionless; moreover, the Professor is distressed to see that no power is flowing outwards or registering. Instead, Wonder Woman is left lifeless after one round. Discerning eyes would detect that something’s now askew with Wonder Woman’s belt, which has some writing scrawled on it, but that fine detail is lost on these villains. Chapman reports to Farouk: “These returns are dismal. Pity, I thought she had more than this in her. I suppose I went too far in my impositions. At least we know our reserve has been fully depleted; nothing remains for anyone else to exploit.”

Farouk eyes Wonder Woman suspiciously and strides over to her. “Are you certain she has nothing left?” Chapman nods. “Quite certain. According to these readings, she’d no longer be a match for a kitten. This fells me she’s been broken, never again to recharge.” Farouk walks up to Wonder Woman and says “Let’s be sure.” He crudely jerks down the shreds of her brassiere so as to lay bare her magnificent breasts, which he ogles, then fondles lasciviously, taking his sweet time. From there, he licks his tongue down her face, her neck, across her breasts, and over each of her nipples, until they spring to attention at his coaxing. Farouk laughingly remarks on their newfound friendship. He then returns to running his tongue down her body, over her briefs, and probes at her crotch — all without getting the slightest resistance or reaction from Wonder Woman, who remains utterly comatose. The three high-schoolers are traumatized by what’s unfolding; they struggle to stay silent as they witness the spectacle of Wonder Woman suffering such indignities.

The Professor raises his eyebrows at Farouk, “I sense you’ll find other uses for our subject,” and pushes a button that releases the metallic restraints. At that, Farouk concludes his torments and roughly tugs Wonder Woman forward, again without the slightest resistance. She simply crumbles to the floor, where she lies all but nude on her stomach, with her back and rear facing up — beautiful and chiseled as ever, but now a perfectly still portrait of helplessness and defeat. Farouk casually kicks her over with his foot so she now lies spread eagle and topless before him, supine and with her bare breasts pouring over her chest. Farouk stares down at her and sneers.. “I envision only one use. My men will want to gather for it.” The Professor: “This is not for me. I’ll attend to the battery we owe your superiors.” He and Farouk each walk away in different directions.

Once Wonder Woman has been left alone, lying dead to the world, the three seniors crawl back over to her. They’re embarrassed and blushing at the sight of her bare breasts but manage to focus on their most important priority: they quickly replace her replica belt with the real one, but nothing ostensibly happens. “Wake up, Wonder Woman. Please come back to us. You can’t let them win. Crime never pays!” They start shaking her more and more frantically as footsteps approach, before they finally dash under the table at the last minute. Returning troops lift Wonder Woman up and carry her away, giddy and eager to have her as their plaything.

As the seniors see her carried past, with her head turned to the side facing them, she gives them a sly wink. The men carry Wonder Woman into a side room where an crowd has assembled, at which point the door slams shut.

Bobby, Lucy, and Raul start to come out from hiding, only to find a hulking soldier staring down at them, glaring, with his arms crossed. Right at that moment the door swings open and Farouk’s body comes flying through, stretched out prone in the air Through the open door, the trio can see that all his troops are now lying in piles. In a flash, Wonder Woman has positioned herself behind the hulking figure, with her tattered costume restored and covering her as best it can. She taps the giant on his shoulder. As he turns, Wonder Woman tells him calmly, ”You should rejoin your friends. I’ll be glad to look after these three myself.” He’s frozen and wide-eyed as she violently tosses him like a rag doll atop Farouk, who’s out.

Wonder Woman says to her devoted fans: “Guess who’s YOUR biggest fan? Now, did you see anyone in a white coat around here. I’d like to have some words with him, too.” Lucy points to where the Professor had walked away. But now they all see a helicopter through the skylight, as it lands on the roof. Wonder Woman alights with a leap, crashing through the skylight, just in time to see the Professor waiving goodbye from the chopper as it flies him away. He yells, “Well done, Wonder Woman. You’ve once again proved to be a worthy foe — with wiles to match your might. But this time I’ll have something more enduring to remember you by,” pointing to a metal case under his arm.

As he leaves Wonder Woman behind, Chapman muses to himself: “This scuttles my plans with my Mid-East sponsors. This package will now be too hot for them to touch (he glances under his arm at the case). But this resource is no less precious and no less marketable. It’ll just be a question of finding new buyers, new applications . . .” He rubs his chin thoughtfully.

THE END?
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

Very good finish!!