Hattie Winston / Valerie the Spider-Woman tribute thread

Superheroine Clips & Pictures Here! No copyright infringement, please.
shevek
Producer
Producer

So, since it's Black History Month again, I thought I'd make a thread that is both sexy and informative.

In fact, Marvel's first black superheroine was not Storm in 1975, but Valerie the Librarian a year earlier in Spidey Super Stories #11, when she became the first Spider-Woman. I just found this out today, randomly. Here is her debut appearance. She basically finds one of Spider-Man costumes, fits and tightens it to her body and adds a suction cup device. She has to give Spider-Man the costume back after their joint adventure.

I think it's cute that the comic's editor had to specifically tell the young readers *not to try to become Spider-Woman*.
RCO007_w_1468984879.jpg
RCO007_w_1468984879.jpg (525.71 KiB) Viewed 344 times
RCO008_1468984879.jpg
RCO008_1468984879.jpg (336.49 KiB) Viewed 344 times
RCO009_1468984879.jpg
RCO009_1468984879.jpg (324.41 KiB) Viewed 344 times
Her story is also intertwined with the career of actress Hattie Winston (who will turn 79 on March 3!) who played not only Valerie the Librarian and another character named Sylvia on the Electric Company TV series, but also several of the supervillainesses that Spidey fought.

Here is a full appearance of Hattie as Valerie the Librarian. She's pretty hot, kind of a black version of Barbara Gordon. In this skit, you can clearly see the subtext that Easy Reader (Morgan Freeman) wants to take her behind the book stacks and have a proper shag!

I'm only realizing now that Easy Reader was constantly trying to get some from Hattie's character (either Sylvia or Valerie). Come on, man!
easy reader and sylvia.jpg
easy reader and sylvia.jpg (178.96 KiB) Viewed 339 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Here is Hattie playing some of her villainesses on the show.

The Thumper didn't get the pony for her birthday that she wanted as a child. So she turned to a life of crime, thumping people while dressed as Napoleon Bonaparte. Spidey's coming to take her away, ha ha!

Here she is as the Queen Bee. She wants to take over the world. Her minions are thwarted by Spidey, but she gets away to fight another day.

I couldn't find any photos of her as her other two villainesses characters, The Fox and The Queen of Diamonds.