Batgirl documentary

Superheroine Clips & Pictures Here! No copyright infringement, please.
shevek
Producer
Producer

One Step Past is great! He is very much into the sexy actresses and heroines of the 60s-80s. "Babe of the Day" has been a long-running series he produces. I'm sure folks on the Forum would be interested in many of those episodes. He also did a feature on Heroineburgh last year!

sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Mr. X wrote:
1 month ago
That was a fun little video. I am not sure if Batgirl was really getting set up for a spinoff. I always was under the impression that she was their to help save the franchise by giving it a little more sex appeal.
shevek
Producer
Producer

sneakly wrote:
1 month ago
Mr. X wrote:
1 month ago
That was a fun little video. I am not sure if Batgirl was really getting set up for a spinoff. I always was under the impression that she was their to help save the franchise by giving it a little more sex appeal.
Regarding the supposed Batgirl spinoff show info, One Step Past seems to know some deep lore that you hardly hear from anyone else. I don't know why that is - maybe he just digs deep with his research because I can't imagine he'd be just making it all up.

For example, he just told me that Shannon Tweed was supposed to have starred in a late 80s TV series based on a comic book called 'Delta Tenn', which was about a very sexy female cop in a post-apocalyptic 1997 (kind of similar to Judge Dredd in some respects, but with sex appeal, so she looks a lot like DC's Lady Blackhawk). The show was being backed by Shannon's husband, Gene Simmons (of KISS) but it wound up being cancelled in favor of producing the notorious bomb, "Cop Rock."

I checked on the info, and sure enough, there was a comic book called 'Delta Tenn' which ran for 10 issues in 1987-89. So I think our buddy One Step Past is on the up and up.
MaryAnn
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Agree with you sneakly about helping to save the franchise and it was not the first or the last time they did it. Think about Star Trek Voyager, the show was in trouble and was save by including a new character, Jeri Ryan in a skin tight bodysuit as Seven of Nine.

In my opinion, the mistake they did is to have too many superheroes on the same show. More complicate to built a scenario including them all every week and more money to pay them with their popularity growing. I really think also that it's too bad they didn't made a show with only Yvonne Craig as Batgirl and in perils every week. I would have bought the series and watch it over and over again.

Think about if Land of the giants was done with Valerie (Deanna Lund) alone and wearing skintight outfits and of course, in troubles. Babes in show has always been a winner so as damsel in distress, even today.

Yvonne was and still is the most gorgeous, sexiest and best Batgirl I've seen. Years later, she was still looking like a young girl. Damn she was hot!
Last edited by MaryAnn 1 month ago, edited 2 times in total.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

MaryAnn wrote:
1 month ago
Agree with you sneakly about helping to save the franchise and it was not the first or the last time they did it. Think about Star Trek Voyager, the show was in trouble and was save by including a new character, Jeri Ryan in a skin tight bodysuit as Seven of Nine.

In my opinion, the mistake they did is to have too many superheroes on the same show. More complicate to built a scenario including them all every week and more money to pay them with their popularity growing. I really think also that it's too bad they didn't made a show with only Yvonne Craig as Batgirl and in perils every week. I would have bought the series and watch it over and over again.

Think about Land of the giants with Valerie (Deanna Lund) alone and wearing skintight outfits and of course, in troubles. Babes in show has always been a winner so as damsel in distress, even today.

Yvonne was and still is the most gorgeous, sexy and best Batgirl I've seen. Years later, she was still looking like a young girl. Damn she was hot!
Yvonne definitly the sexist and would have wiped the floor with Silverstone
ltrltr
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

MaryAnn wrote:
1 month ago

Think about if Land of the giants was done with Valerie (Deanna Lund) alone and wearing skintight outfits and of course, in troubles. Babes in show has always been a winner so as damsel in distress, even today.

Yvonne was and still is the most gorgeous, sexiest and best Batgirl I've seen. Years later, she was still looking like a young girl. Damn she was hot!

So true. She was a gorgeous lady with a great figure and many years later is still idolised.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

MaryAnn wrote:
1 month ago

I think the big mistakes they made was cutting the multi episode format and having the double up villains. Catwoman and Joker were a good team and Olga and Egghead were okay, but most of the time they were duds. Siren and Riddler made no sense at all. Neither did Cassandra and what ever that guy was that hung out with her. Too many villains and not enough care in the writing or time to develop the plots. You can't really make a show other than a sitcom with a 22 minute format. You don't have enough time to introduce the villain, develop the caper, tie up Batgirl and resolve it satisfactorily in 22 minutes (although the pattern cutter was one episode). The perils were smaller, rushed and cheap. I would like to see Batgirl lingering in peril much longer at the end of the episodes.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Dr, Cassandra and Cabala were a wife and husband team. He was more of the moll in that team up to provide someone to talk to for exposition.

The show dropped to once a week because of poorer ratings. But you really needed more than an episode for a decent plot. Look at the lack of real peril in the two King Tut episodes in season 3 where the peril was Batman's identity being revealed. The Joker's flying saucer skipped Batgirl getting captured and just showed her already a prisoner. Louie the Lilac was one of the few that squeezed in a decent set of fights and some peril.
MaryAnn
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Just found out her hands on hips poses was a natural move from her. She's been using that poses on many shows and movies way before the Batman show.
Damn she was hot!

And now she's dancing! :)