Superheroine Publication in China Collection

General discussions about superheroines!
DENNISLAID
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

My collection of Superheroine publication in China.
Wonder Woman 1970s, Isis, She-ra and Supergirl movie has been broadcasted in China at 90s. I recently start to purchase and collect the publication about these characters at that time and I will keep updating in this post.
Wonder Woman theme chess
aae6b83a35d6bf0465752cf8b560087.jpg
Wonder Woman Chess 1
aae6b83a35d6bf0465752cf8b560087.jpg (319.02 KiB) Viewed 575 times
73b976b125de709eae3ec52c7c41e83.jpg
Wonder Woman Chess 2
73b976b125de709eae3ec52c7c41e83.jpg (535.3 KiB) Viewed 575 times
You can see the painter change her original costume into top, which is a quite interesting adaption.
DENNISLAID
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

0be91dd3c56f3cff83f01810fbdb7fe.jpg
0be91dd3c56f3cff83f01810fbdb7fe.jpg (3.58 MiB) Viewed 573 times
Lindsay Wagner magazine special
DENNISLAID
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Wonder Woman DVD
1f2406bbc5283bffcefa7d176fe6a4c.jpg
1f2406bbc5283bffcefa7d176fe6a4c.jpg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 573 times
9474ae8ff7b3d7880a724e11483dcf6.jpg
9474ae8ff7b3d7880a724e11483dcf6.jpg (3.54 MiB) Viewed 573 times
The cover pic is photoshoped. Her head and body are not from the same photo.
DENNISLAID
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Supergirl Comics 1994
5a74cdd0fa4e3f6d4469c7794ec479d.jpg
5a74cdd0fa4e3f6d4469c7794ec479d.jpg (2.96 MiB) Viewed 570 times
DENNISLAID
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Wonder Woman paper model(you need to cut it by the lines and glue it)
微信图片_20240406000556.jpg
微信图片_20240406000556.jpg (2.18 MiB) Viewed 566 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Wow! Incredible collection. This is one of the most interesting posts I've seen in a while here.

The obvious question: from the "90s" onward, have there been any exclusively original Chinese superheroines (hopefully in tight costumes)
in Chinese media and publications? Since countries like India, Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand have them, and of course Japan has the immensely popular tokusatsu tradition, one would think that China would have a culture of that, as well. Also, has there been any superheroine fetish producer action in China, or is it too difficult or taboo? Frankly, I'm surprised I haven't heard about anything much like that coming out of Taiwan or Hong Kong, either (other than the usual martial arts action flicks and a few supernatural movies), and nothing from Korea other than Wildkat.

Keep us informed!
DENNISLAID
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

shevek wrote:
3 weeks ago
Wow! Incredible collection. This is one of the most interesting posts I've seen in a while here.

The obvious question: from the "90s" onward, have there been any exclusively original Chinese superheroines (hopefully in tight costumes)
in Chinese media and publications? Since countries like India, Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand have them, and of course Japan has the immensely popular tokusatsu tradition, one would think that China would have a culture of that, as well. Also, has there been any superheroine fetish producer action in China, or is it too difficult or taboo? Frankly, I'm surprised I haven't heard about anything much like that coming out of Taiwan or Hong Kong, either (other than the usual martial arts action flicks and a few supernatural movies), and nothing from Korea other than Wildkat.

Keep us informed!
Thank you! I will post as soon as I get new collection.
In related to your question,HK has a superheroine TV show “Fly With Me” I believe R5 had an article about it. This show is about a woman who accidentally gain superpower, classic superheroine plot.

Besides, The Heroic Trio(1993) by To Kei Fung, a movie about 3 gorgeous heroines fighting crime, however they are not endowed with superpower.
GeDVPUIPiztfzPFtEy98G9_BfRNd7kcvkcZYrpHGWK4.jpg
GeDVPUIPiztfzPFtEy98G9_BfRNd7kcvkcZYrpHGWK4.jpg (752.54 KiB) Viewed 323 times
705UWhG-96pePS_ycVJWYDUkDHhZVmIOfol0_36JdP8.jpg
705UWhG-96pePS_ycVJWYDUkDHhZVmIOfol0_36JdP8.jpg (414.73 KiB) Viewed 323 times
Sorry I do not have so much knowledge about superheroine character in Taiwan.

In mainland China, because the sci-fi, modern fantasy and indie movie culture is not so popular and developed, there is hardly any Chinese exclusive superheroine character on the screen.
However, there are indeed some cheesy internet movies(which is a movie only shown on stream media, kind of like B movie), including superheroine characters. Also there are some fans made movie of giga/zen style, but of very low quality and are not exclusive character.
This is a superheroine fan movie channel on Bilibili.
https://space.bilibili.com/94391643/
shevek
Producer
Producer

DENNISLAID wrote:
2 weeks ago

In related to your question,HK has a superheroine TV show “Fly With Me” I believe R5 had an article about it. This show is about a woman who accidentally gain superpower, classic superheroine plot.
Besides, The Heroic Trio(1993) by To Kei Fung, a movie about 3 gorgeous heroines fighting crime, however they are not endowed with superpower.
In mainland China, because the sci-fi, modern fantasy and indie movie culture is not so popular and developed, there is hardly any Chinese exclusive superheroine character on the screen.
However, there are indeed some cheesy internet movies(which is a movie only shown on stream media, kind of like B movie), including superheroine characters. Also there are some fans made movie of giga/zen style, but of very low quality and are not exclusive character.
Yes, DennisLaid, thanks for the awesome reply!

I'm familiar with Fly with Me. It was hard to track down episodes of it that I could watch, but from what I saw when I checked it out last year, there are tons of superheroine feats, but Janet Bin never wears a costume. Instead, she is always wearing layers of rich clothing or a trenchcoat. That seems like a real opportunity missed, because as a comedy it could have ended up a bit more like My Super Ex Girlfriend if she had a costume. I'm wondering if they spent all that money on production why they didn't make a costume. Is there some kind of modesty issue in China?

I will try to hunt down Heroic Trio. It looks very typical sexy 90s combat stuff.

As far as "cheesy internet movies" and "fans made movies", yes, that is what we look for on SHF, remember? If it is the equivalent of Western fetish producers, Giga/Zen, or Russian Alzi, then we definitely want to check out, especially if there are tight costumes. Let me know if you have any links.

I'll be watching that Bilibili channel at length soon. When I looked at it for the first time, immediately a video popped out with the thumbnail saying "SHIP". And that turned out to be scenes from Helen Slater Supergirl and Darna '22. So I'll be checking it out more to see if I can find Chinese produced superheroine content there.
DENNISLAID
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Wonder Woman TV Show in Taiwan magazine 1977, very rare
3bb23ae493bf7718ffcabcf7921f862.jpg
3bb23ae493bf7718ffcabcf7921f862.jpg (3.59 MiB) Viewed 174 times
5b10a52bbaaddf665fb230a2e3ccbf6.jpg
5b10a52bbaaddf665fb230a2e3ccbf6.jpg (5.42 MiB) Viewed 174 times
d5137b1e9e5de35d9afaf7222a5634f.jpg
d5137b1e9e5de35d9afaf7222a5634f.jpg (3.93 MiB) Viewed 174 times
DENNISLAID
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

shevek wrote:
2 weeks ago
DENNISLAID wrote:
2 weeks ago

Yes, DennisLaid, thanks for the awesome reply!

I'm familiar with Fly with Me. It was hard to track down episodes of it that I could watch, but from what I saw when I checked it out last year, there are tons of superheroine feats, but Janet Bin never wears a costume. Instead, she is always wearing layers of rich clothing or a trenchcoat. That seems like a real opportunity missed, because as a comedy it could have ended up a bit more like My Super Ex Girlfriend if she had a costume. I'm wondering if they spent all that money on production why they didn't make a costume. Is there some kind of modesty issue in China?

I will try to hunt down Heroic Trio. It looks very typical sexy 90s combat stuff.

As far as "cheesy internet movies" and "fans made movies", yes, that is what we look for on SHF, remember? If it is the equivalent of Western fetish producers, Giga/Zen, or Russian Alzi, then we definitely want to check out, especially if there are tight costumes. Let me know if you have any links.

I'll be watching that Bilibili channel at length soon. When I looked at it for the first time, immediately a video popped out with the thumbnail saying "SHIP". And that turned out to be scenes from Helen Slater Supergirl and Darna '22. So I'll be checking it out more to see if I can find Chinese produced superheroine content there.

I feel very regretful for Fly With me too. I expect Janet Bin to wear tight or gorgeous costume (like Supermak) but it turned out to that mess. I believe the producers wanted to make a comedy soap oprea so they did not take the superheroine element especially costume and power seriously.

Thanks for asking me the link, but I am afraid it is hard to find an official website of superheroine content(like Taurus or your website) because of China's online regulation policy requires the website which may include transction must be registered. So the indie moviemaker tend to put their content in large platform like Bilbili(Chinese youtube). If you are interested, you could search key words like"女超人"(Supergirl/Superwoman) "神奇女侠"(Wonder Woman) "女超级英雄" (Superheroine) in Bilibili, there are some results.